PDA

View Full Version : Kuma Wars: Online game that uses real battle info and turns them into missions.

|Zach|
02-27-2005, 03:11 AM
I ran across a television segment about this thing called "Kuma Wars" Basically it is an online military style type game. From the looks of the gameplay it looked a lot like a "Call Of Duty" type game. Instead of just recreating the feel of a broad war like WWII these guys actually work with the military and create missions based on actual battles. They use real news stories and create the whole situation to be played. So you can see something on the news and basically "play it out" the next month. It seems really different and interesting. I am not a huge gamer but I found myself intrigued by the connection to the real world the attention to detail they are claiming. They have these things that look like new reports and they set up the whole situation before you play a mission.

Their website can explain it a lot better than I can. Check out the trailer. I may give the game a whirl when I get some more free time.

www.kumawar.com

Mission Example (http://www.kumawar.com/FallujahOperationVariations/overview.php)

elvomito
02-27-2005, 04:18 AM
this is just the next evolution of pre-training for future soldiers.
a friend and i were talking about that when we noticed a recruitment commercial in socom i think it was
but it looks pretty nice though

|Zach|
02-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Not much intrest eh? I thought the war gamers around here would be into it.

Rain Man
02-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Sounds cool. I may have to check it out.