PDA

View Full Version : I need some music suggestions

Nzoner
02-28-2005, 07:14 AM
As some of you know I'm pretty much an old school guy when it comes to my music,however,I've recently joined one of the music clubs again and will have some additional selections available to me so in order to broaden my rock musical tastes I'm coming to you for help and suggestions.

I'm looking for full projects here,not just one or two good songs.Any suggestions from 1991 to the present would be helpful.I also want to stay within the rock genre,I'm looking for no rap and or country.

Needless to say ZZ Top is out,I've kept up with them.

Thanks.

Phobia
02-28-2005, 09:42 AM
The entire 3 Days Grace CD kicks ass. It's not acid rock or anything, I think it has enough classic rock elements that you'd enjoy it but it also has a modern sound. I know you like Hoobastank.

I think The Punisher soundtrack kicks ass, but it's a little hard for your tastes.

Check out a Tantric sample on the net somewhere. I think I liked their entire CD a couple years ago.

I dunno, though. I'm having a hard time coming up with an entire CD that was good and still coming close to your tastes. I recommend 3 Days Grace to anybody.

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 09:45 AM
I like "Collective Soul" (all their stuff) so you can cross that off your list. :p

"Everclear" and "Lenny Kravitz" are also two favorites I don't think get enough attention...

Phobia
02-28-2005, 10:13 AM
You know what I just thought of?

If you want to develop an understanding and taste for modern rock, you should start at the beginning.

Pick up a copy of Temple of the Dog (even though it's even kinda nostalgic - '91). Wear it out. If you can't like that, you probably can't make the transition.

|Zach|
02-28-2005, 10:15 AM
This may be to big of a jump but The Strokes are a great group.

Kyle401
02-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Check out a Tantric sample on the net somewhere. I think I liked their entire CD a couple years ago.

I have that CD and never listen to it anymore. It's pretty good but my tastes have shifted. If you like it/want it let me know I can send it to you.

Phobia
02-28-2005, 10:26 AM
I have that CD and never listen to it anymore. It's pretty good but my tastes have shifted. If you like it/want it let me know I can send it to you.

Yeah - we're talking about a guy who listens to classic rock almost exclusively. He's trying to shift his tastes to more current. He's not gonna do that all at once, so Tantric might be a good stepping stone - even though they aren't trendsetters or even mainstream.

cadmonkey
02-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Pearl Jam, they left the grunge stuff back in the day and make some of the best Rock consistantly.

|Zach|
02-28-2005, 10:29 AM
Oh hey...I know...listen to My Morning Jacket. I think Nozner would love My Morning Jacket.

Click here to listen to a song...

http://www.zachishere.com/radio.blog/?autoplay=23

eazyb81
02-28-2005, 10:31 AM
I'm not sure if you would be into this but Interpol's new cd "Antics" is great. They are rock/alternative but are pretty mellow, and they are comparable to the Strokes. The Killers new cd is pretty good too, give it a shot.

Lzen
02-28-2005, 12:22 PM
The entire 3 Days Grace CD kicks ass. It's not acid rock or anything, I think it has enough classic rock elements that you'd enjoy it but it also has a modern sound. I know you like Hoobastank.

I think The Punisher soundtrack kicks ass, but it's a little hard for your tastes.

I dunno, though. I'm having a hard time coming up with an entire CD that was good and still coming close to your tastes. I recommend 3 Days Grace to anybody.

I liked 3 Days Grace so I checked out their website. Their music is good but, the lyrics are all the same. All songs about relationships gone south. That's the only reason I didn't buy their cd.

ENDelt260
02-28-2005, 12:24 PM
I think N*Sync would be right up your alley.

Nightfyre
02-28-2005, 12:25 PM
I think N*Sync would be right up your alley.
Ill put N*Sync up your alley and see how you likeit.

ENDelt260
02-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Ill put N*Sync up your alley and see how you likeit.
Flirt.

Phobia
02-28-2005, 12:27 PM
I liked 3 Days Grace so I checked out their website. Their music is good but, the lyrics are all the same. All songs about relationships gone south. That's the only reason I didn't buy their cd.

Yeah? I guess I'm one of those who gravitates towards a specific sound. I don't absorb the lyrics unless they're especially compelling. Am I the only idiot like this?

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Flirt.

He's no tease; he's a whore.

Nightfyre
02-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Flirt.
Pfft. Please, I am not fat, nor a chick. I wouldn't take my chances with you even if I was a homosexual.

Rausch
02-28-2005, 12:35 PM
You know what I just thought of?

If you want to develop an understanding and taste for modern rock, you should start at the beginning.

Pick up a copy of Temple of the Dog (even though it's even kinda nostalgic - '91). Wear it out. If you can't like that, you probably can't make the transition.

I'd agree with this.

I think Chevelle, Helmet, Hoobastank, Our Lady Peace, and maybe Jeff Buckley for more of the soft rock/alternative rock beginnings.

Ari Chi3fs
02-28-2005, 12:35 PM
I think everyone should pick up Oasis Definately Maybe. I didnt care for Oasis during the Wonderwalll, Champagne Supernova crap, but wow. Their debut album rocked my world, and still does.

Also, lately, I have been listening to the rockabilly group "The Legendary Shack Shakers"- Cockadoodledon't

Anyway, that is my .02

Phobia
02-28-2005, 12:40 PM
I'd agree with this.

I think Chevelle, Helmet, Hoobastank, Our Lady Peace, and maybe Jeff Buckley for more of the soft rock/alternative rock beginnings.

FWIW, Chevelle is surprisingly rowdy in their non-radio songs.

SCTrojan
02-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Since you are looking for overall efforts on an entire CD, I'll dispense with the Itunes website. Although you can listen to 30-second samples there for free. That might give you a sense of a group's music.

Here are some "albums" post-1991 that I think are good complete efforts.

Big Head Todd and the Monsters - Live Monster

Peter Gabriel - Secret Live (a bit political, but if you like the Genesis sound, this is not so much of a stretch)

Radiohead - Pablo Honey or The Bends. (This band might be a little more of a stretch if you are a staunch classic rock fan.)

Nubian Nut
02-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Cosmic Slop-Funkadelic
01/01/1973
Westbound Records
*****:thumb:

ENDelt260
02-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Oh, I hear good things about Tim McGraw, too. Check with wee Todd on that one.

Freekofnature
02-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Pantera, Tool, A perfect circle, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Korn, Radiohead, weezer, Rob Zombie, Red hot chili peppers, System of a down, interpol, Queen of Stone age, Coldplay
Beck
audioslave
soundgarden
nine inch nails
Dream Theater
Megadeth
POD

Baby Lee
02-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Oh hey...I know...listen to My Morning Jacket. I think Nozner would love My Morning Jacket.

Click here to listen to a song...

http://www.zachishere.com/radio.blog/?autoplay=23
Rednecks signing in a tile bathroom. :thumb:

j/k - I like the music all right, but that distant echo thing has to go. The CD sounds like I'm listening from the parking lot outside the venue.

ChiefsOne
02-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Yeah? I guess I'm one of those who gravitates towards a specific sound. I don't absorb the lyrics unless they're especially compelling. Am I the only idiot like this?

Sounds like me too. My wife is always trying to get me to listen to country, she'll say just listen to the words, I come back with Rob Zombie and Tool are great, just listen to the music!

MOhillbilly
02-28-2005, 01:26 PM
robert randolf and the family band.

Nzoner
02-28-2005, 01:31 PM

Seeing that you were all but trapped in my truck for the better part of 15 hours on the Dallas trip I understand that my music selections were all of the classic rock genre but I was trying to play stuff I thought you might like to go along with yours.I was afraid if I popped in some of my 70's funk,80's New Wave,Jon & Vangelis or even Buddy Holly/Roy Orbison you may have driven my truck off the road. :D

In other words I'm open to new sounds as well,it's just when I'm with others I tend to play what I feel is safe.

The good thing about this club is they have most of their product available for on-line listening so fire away with whatever,I can give it a listen and go from there.

Thanks for the suggestions all,I'll be checking every one of them out except for the two mentioned by our resident johnson.

Mr. Kotter
robert randolf and the family band.

You strike me more as a Manson....fan.

Not Marilynn, but Charlie. :hmmm:

ChiefsOne
Nzoner 338

Not new stuff, but maybe help you make the transiition, try Tesla. Start with 5-man Acoustical Jam and then get the newer one "Into the Hear and Now".

Sammy Hager is always good, but older. Velvet Revolver is some pretty good stuff you might like. Chevelle is my favorite these days, but may be a little much for you.

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 01:34 PM
...Thanks for the suggestions all,I'll be checking every one of them out except for the two mentioned by our resident johnson.

Whew; I mentioned three. :hmmm:

Nzoner
02-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Nzoner 338 Velvet Revolver is some pretty good stuff you might like. Chevelle is my favorite these days, but may be a little much for you.

I caught Velvet Revolver on a music channel the other night and gave the entire cd a listen yesterday.It made the list that I'll be choosing my final selections from.

Baby Lee
02-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies - grungetastik
Ryan Adams - Gold
Audioslave - grungetastik 2.0
Andrew W.K - I get wet - Meatloaf for dummies
Ben Folds Five - Geek Rock
Big Head Todd and the Monsters - long form, contemplative rock
The Black Crowes - any - retro rock [probably most up your alley]
Cake - Fashion Nugget
Kasey Chambers - Barricades and Brick Walls - Aussie Alt-Country cutie that'll break your heart
Everclear - any - among MY very favorites
Green Day - THE pop-punk institution
Hole - Live Through This - hard hitting girlgrunge
Kid Rock - any - 1st team all-badass - Rock/Country/Rock fusion
The Killers - Hot Fuss - Competes with Everclear as my fave
Jonny Lang - Lie to Me - Gut grinding blues
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral - Dark Dark Stuff
Paul Oakenfold - Bunkka - house music guru
Pearl Jam - any - nothing more need be said
Pink - Try This - Rockinest grrrl out there
PolyPhonic Spree - Together We're Heavy - Hippy-Dippy high energy choir
Radiohead - just a great band
Soundgarden
The Strokes
U2
The White Stripes
The Yeah yeah yeahs

ENDelt260
02-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Sounds like me too. My wife is always trying to get me to listen to country, she'll say just listen to the words, I come back with Rob Zombie and Tool are great, just listen to the music!
Hey, Tool's got some great f*cking words.

ENDelt260
02-28-2005, 01:38 PM
I'll be checking every one of them out except for the two mentioned by our resident johnson.

Why do I even bother? I'm so unappreciated.

Rausch
02-28-2005, 01:39 PM

I was just about to say that. Their lyrics make the music.

ChiefsOne
02-28-2005, 02:08 PM

They have some great lyrics, but I'm more into it for the sound. Plus, most of they lyrics you have to read to really understand and then they make the music even better!

JimNasium
02-28-2005, 02:24 PM
The North Mississippi Allstars (http://entertainment.circuitcity.com/Music/Artist.aspx?p_id=P+++429302&type=bio)
The Black Keys (http://entertainment.circuitcity.com/Music/Artist.aspx?p_id=P+++527822&type=bio)
Richard Johnston (http://www.richardjohnston.com)

Freekofnature
02-28-2005, 02:24 PM
I dont know how a hardcore ZZ top fan is going to like lame ass bands like 3 days grace or something.

Phobia
02-28-2005, 02:27 PM
I dont know how a hardcore ZZ top fan is going to like lame ass bands like 3 days grace or something.

Who is going to enjoy your ass-whoopin more - me or you?

Freekofnature
02-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Nu-metal bands dont do hardcore 70 and 80's guys any good.

Or a song that repeats the pharse "I could be (insert an adjective of self-dehumanization) almost the whole time.

NZoner I really recommend going through every band here and more since you are gonna have a lot of misses unless you have a really open mind.

|Zach|
02-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Rednecks signing in a tile bathroom. :thumb:

j/k - I like the music all right, but that distant echo thing has to go. The CD sounds like I'm listening from the parking lot outside the venue.
In general I think that thing has to go except for that song they pull it off pretty well.

Nzoner
02-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Why do I even bother? I'm so unappreciated.

I think you and philly willy need a beer to cry in together. :D

CosmicPal
02-28-2005, 03:44 PM
Cosmic Slop-Funkadelic
01/01/1973
Westbound Records
*****:thumb:

Sweet!!!! Love this album...'course, I love just about anything from Funkadelic. Particularly Maggot Brain

Nzoner
02-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the latest suggestions all.

My newer music journey to this point includes

Puddle Of Mud
Collective Soul
Kid Rock
White Stripes
Maroon5

All of which I now own to some extent.

JimNasium
02-28-2005, 03:47 PM

Puddle Of Mud
Collective Soul
Kid Rock
White Stripes
Maroon5

I'm getting sick of Kid Rock. The dude is turning up everywhere. I thought I would have safe harbor in the blues but sure enough he even showed up on the latest R.L. Burnside album. Please someone, shut him up, I'm begging here.

Jenny Gump
02-28-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm getting sick of Kid Rock. The dude is turning up everywhere. I thought I would have safe harbor in the blues but sure enough he even showed up on the latest R.L. Burnside album. Please someone, shut him up, I'm begging here.

I would love to shut him up.
:p

Phobia
02-28-2005, 03:53 PM
I can't believe you didn't get Temple of the Dog.

IMO, they would be the best band of all time had they continued on together.

Eddie Veddar AND Chris Cornell as vocal talent?!?!? Are you kidding me?

Nzoner
02-28-2005, 03:53 PM

It's great having a friend that owns a music store who will let me borrow a few used cd's to copy.I got a few of Kid Rock's songs that way but have never purchased a full project by him.

Nzoner
02-28-2005, 03:55 PM

Dude those are cd's I already had or copied,I've yet to choose from the club.I will check them out.

ChiefsOne
02-28-2005, 04:13 PM

That was the best grunge band that came out in that era! Something I never get sick of listening to.

Nzoner
02-28-2005, 04:29 PM

This was the first search I did at the club's site and I get.....

We're sorry, there are no Temple of the Dog albums available at this time.

Below are similar artists you may enjoy.

Jane's Addiction
L7
Nirvana
Stone Temple Pilots

ENDelt260
02-28-2005, 04:32 PM
That's the shitty thing about BMG... the selection is spotty.

SECTION11
02-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Coast to Coast Motel by G. Love & Special Sauce

Nzoner
02-28-2005, 04:35 PM

The crassic rock is fairly decent.

Phobia
02-28-2005, 06:31 PM
I have a guilty pleasure to admit. I dig Tracy Bonham. She has some talent that never caught on mainstream.

BigOlChiefsfan
02-28-2005, 06:36 PM
You kids and your kooky music. Try these on for size.

Delbert McClinton - Never Been Rocked Enough
Roy Buchanan - Dancin' on the Edge

DT4everaChief
02-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Check out Incubus. They rock.

Inspector
02-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Check these guys out. I'm really hooked on their sound. The 2nd selection on their website is my favorite.

www.weareveda.com

CosmicPal
02-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Any suggestions from 1991 to the present would be helpful.I also want to stay within the rock genre,I'm looking for no rap and or country.

Geez, I'm glad you could narrow your musical choice into a definitive genre- Rock? There is no such thing as rock anymore.

If Rock 'n Roll is the root- think of all the branches this genre incorporates: classic rock, rockabilly, country-rock, alternative, punk, grunge, 80's hair bands, 70's arena rock, jambands, free form, acid rock, psychedelic rock, surfer rock, adult album rock, heavy metal, sonic, garage rock, college, pop, singer-songwriter, folk rock, Southern rock, even blues, and reggae can fall under the umbrella of ROCK. And I can assure you- I left out some other forms of ROCK.

So, I have no idea what to suggest to you- But, I do know this much is true- you like ZZ-Top. But, even small bit of knowledge doesn't help much. You have to understand- Music is one the most beautiful discoveries we can call our own. Music speaks to us as we want to be spoken to. Music enriches your dreams and gives people hope. Music is like the best friend you've always wanted- but you have to find it yourself. You have to discover it yourself. We can always guide you in a certain direction, but you must have the ears to follow it. Here's my advice- get out of the ROCK genre.

Give your ears a chance. Pick up Miles Davis Bitches Brew or Dark Magus. Seriously. You don't have to buy it, but you can always listen to it somewhere for free. Give it a few minutes- let the undeniable terror of his improvisational jazz seep into you. It will be like nothing you've ever heard before- it will have more power than a live Who song and beget more frenzy than a Dead Kennedys album. You may love it. And, of course- you may think it's the worst piece of trash you've ever heard. But, if you feel compelled by this new discovery, you then may want to consider some of the modern jazz artists who are making absolutely killer music today. But, then again you may not.

You've never mentioned Tom Waits either- same thing. Tommy boy puts out some very poignant lyrics- he writes the kind of stuff that will strangle small, unsuspecting children. He writes the kind of stuff that will make alcoholics go sober and make cold women go dizzy with desire. His form of music includes cow bells and books dropping on the floor. But, the guy is simply amazing to some- and a complete and utter bleh to others. I can promise you this much- a Tom Waits CD, a bottle of red wine, a lowly lit room- and you will get laid every time.

But, back to your fondness for ZZ-Top. I'd like to suggest a band to you that you just might enjoy. Try out Gov't Mule. Warren Haynes is the hardest working man is music today. The guy is a deeply soulful singer with a gulf size heart. He's surrounded himself with some of the most impressive musicians today and yesterday, and he is putting out some of the best music out there. It's bluesy, it's a little southern, it's a little bit hip, it jams, it moves, and it's rock. It's pure rock and roll as it should be.

Give it a whirl.

But, the more you open your ears- the more music you'll hear.

KCWolfman
02-28-2005, 09:53 PM
I'd agree with this.

This seems to be the most in line with Joe's current leanings - especially Chevelle and Hoobastank.

Give 'em both a shot, Joe.

However, if you are looking for rock roots in a more blusey/folk style try Rusted Root - they aren't too far in left field for you to enjoy.

Phobia
02-28-2005, 10:07 PM
I now can't wait for this "Bo" cat from American Idol to put out a CD. Dude has got the pipes. Wow.

No matter what you think about American Idol, tune in for a few minutes or record it so you can fast forward to Bo.

Nzoner
02-28-2005, 10:16 PM
This seems to be the most in line with Joe's current leanings - especially Chevelle and Hoobastank.

Give 'em both a shot, Joe.

However, if you are looking for rock roots in a more blusey/folk style try Rusted Root - they aren't too far in left field for you to enjoy.

I'm working my way down the thread and to this point of the ones available Chevelle's This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In is a definite.

KCWolfman
02-28-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm working my way down the thread and to this point of the ones available Chevelle's This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In is a definite.
Joe, Don't base Hoobastank on their tune The Reason. It simply is not reflective of their normal style.

Nzoner
02-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Joe, Don't base Hoobastank on their tune The Reason. It simply is not reflective of their normal style.

I'm very familiar with them,Phil brought his cd along on our Dallas roadtrip.

alanm
03-01-2005, 01:00 AM

Puddle Of Mud
Collective Soul
Kid Rock
White Stripes
Maroon5

Don't forget 3 Doors Down, The Hives, The Vines, Jet, Staind. There's alot of good music out there you just have to have to sift thru a lot of shit out there to find it. Also I picked up Eric Claptons "Songs for Robert J" recently. Very good blues album. :thumb:

Rausch
03-01-2005, 02:06 AM
I would love to shut him up.
:p

Wow.

Just when I feel I've got a thumb on the pulse of-...ugh...just ****ing YUCK!

Every now and agai-....blah....I've got to get that out of my teeth. That's just nasty. I think I've wretched out my spleen...

grandllama
03-01-2005, 02:26 AM
Don't forget 3 Doors Down, The Hives, The Vines, Jet, Staind. There's alot of good music out there you just have to have to sift thru a lot of shit out there to find it. Also I picked up Eric Claptons "Songs for Robert J" recently. Very good blues album. :thumb:

3 Doors is pussy music.

Hives, probably more of stretch than NZone would be interested in.

Same with the Vines

Jet... one hit wonder (great one hit, but not worth the entire album)

Staind... good, but maybe too ought there for NZone...

grandllama
03-01-2005, 02:28 AM
...snip...
But, the more you open your ears- the more music you'll hear.

Jeezus Christ, that was beautiful man....

MOhillbilly
03-01-2005, 07:28 AM
99% of pop is disco crap shoved out on the sheeple to make a buck for the record co.
How many ****ing love songs you gotta hear till you get the point?
think some douch band making millions flying all over the world ****ing hot skanks is really angry at the world anymore?

buy independent.

Kyle401
03-01-2005, 08:30 AM
You might try Live - Throwing Copper (1994) and Matchbox 20 - Yourself or Someone Like You (1996). BMG should have these albums.

morphius
03-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Most of the stuff I could think of has been listed, but I'll toss out a couple of bands I enjoy.

Nickelback - (any CD)
Offspring - Smash and Americana are my fav's of thiers
Evanescence - Fallen
12 Stones - 12 Stones

Someone mentioned Rob Zombie, its a bit sadistic and pretty heavy, but I love the Sinister Urge CD. I could live without all the stupid sound clips, but the music rocks.

Of course I could try and make Endelt explode and list Linkin Park's Meteora or Hybrid Theory albulms, LOL! I really like both CD's, but I have taste issues.

Lzen
03-01-2005, 09:51 AM
I don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread but, Shinedown is good new band you should check out. I just got a bunch of cds and Shinedown is one of the better ones. ;) You may have heard some of their songs on the radio. They did a remake of Skynard's Simple Man. A pretty good remake, IMO>

Lzen
03-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Pantera, Tool, A perfect circle, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Korn, Radiohead, weezer, Rob Zombie, Red hot chili peppers, System of a down, interpol, Queen of Stone age, Coldplay
Beck
audioslave
soundgarden
nine inch nails
Dream Theater
Megadeth
POD

Wow, that's quite a list. Some of those I don't know if he's really gonna be able to jump into. Especially some of the heavier stuff like Pantera, Megadeth, or System of a Down.

And I love the Dream Theater suggestion. But one thing he should know about them. They are in the progressive rock/metal category. Which means their music is often all over the place, very complex. Long songs with guitar and/or keyboard solos in just about every song. I love DT but, they are not for everybody. Plus, every album they make is different from the last one. Probably the best one to recemmend for him would be Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence. ;)

Freekofnature
03-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Wow, that's quite a list. Some of those I don't know if he's really gonna be able to jump into. Especially some of the heavier stuff like Pantera, Megadeth, or System of a Down.

And I love the Dream Theater suggestion. But one thing he should know about them. They are in the progressive rock/metal category. Which means their music is often all over the place, very complex. Long songs with guitar and/or keyboard solos in just about every song. I love DT but, they are not for everybody. Plus, every album they make is different from the last one. Probably the best one to recemmend for him would be Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence. ;)
Dream theater is amazing stuff.

Anyone who appreciates music for what it is should at least like it.

SECTION11
03-01-2005, 10:36 AM
99% of pop is disco crap shoved out on the sheeple to make a buck for the record co.
How many ****ing love songs you gotta hear till you get the point?
think some douch band making millions flying all over the world ****ing hot skanks is really angry at the world anymore?

buy independent.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

alpha_omega
03-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Candlebox (1993) http://www.maverickrc.com/artists/candlebox/

patteeu
03-01-2005, 11:07 AM
I'll second (or third or fourth, whatever) the suggestion of The Killers' "Hot Fuss."

Fountains of Wayne's "Welcome Interstate Managers" covers a lot of stylistic ground but I find the entire album worthwhile.

The Raveonettes' "Chain Gang of Love" is a bitter sweet mix of sometimes depressing lyrics set to catchy melodies covered by a sheer veneer of feedback and noise. It might sound weird, but I think it works.

Nzoner
03-01-2005, 03:43 PM

I definitely found that out.

Anyhow of the ones I was able to find and listen to I'll be getting

Chevelle
Weezer
Rusted Root
Shinedown
Evanescence
Velvet Revolver

I also visited my buddy's music store today and picked up 5 from the pre-owned bin

Pearl Jam
Stone Temple Pilots
Counting Crows
Matchbox Twenty
Soul Asylum

Thanks once again to all this was a great help.

KCWolfman
03-01-2005, 04:16 PM
3 Doors is pussy music.

Hives, probably more of stretch than NZone would be interested in.

Same with the Vines

Jet... one hit wonder (great one hit, but not worth the entire album)

Staind... good, but maybe too ought there for NZone...
Jet?

No way, they already have 3 top 40s off the CD and will probably have one more. The drums are directly from the school of Charlie Watts. I love the CD.

KCWolfman
03-01-2005, 04:17 PM
I definitely found that out.

Anyhow of the ones I was able to find and listen to I'll be getting

Chevelle
Weezer
Rusted Root
Shinedown
Evanescence
Velvet Revolver

I also visited my buddy's music store today and picked up 5 from the pre-owned bin

Pearl Jam
Stone Temple Pilots
Counting Crows
Matchbox Twenty
Soul Asylum

Thanks once again to all this was a great help.
Nice start

ENDelt260
03-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Offspring - Smash and Americana are my fav's of thiers

I've always liked their song. I can't imagine buying one of their CD's and listening to it 13 times consecutively, but it's fun when it comes on the radio.