PDA

View Full Version : STUPID is as This Coaching Staff Does - List Your FAVORITE STUPID Tendency

Stuckinbama
12-04-2000, 10:38 PM
My favorite STUPID KC Coaching Tendency is to give Donnell Bennett the ball - anytime!

Luzap
12-04-2000, 10:39 PM
Giving the ball to Bennett in short yardage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

revolver808
12-04-2000, 10:41 PM
I think The term is "Establish the run" with Bennett, in Raye-speak.

The other thing I notice is for Kurt and Willie to always play Dennis off their best receiver-10 yards deep. Make him earn that rookie salary.

Ecto-I
12-04-2000, 10:44 PM
I vote for consistent offsides penalties . . . aren't you proud?

Stuckinbama
12-04-2000, 10:44 PM
How about PULLING any KC RB, especially Kimble, the very NEXT play after he rips off a 9 yard run?

Chiefnj
12-04-2000, 10:45 PM
That's "Chestering," CRP. :D We don't call it offsides anymore.

Stuckinbama
12-04-2000, 10:45 PM
Having our TE as the ONLY "hot" read on a blitz.

Chiefnj
12-04-2000, 10:49 PM
How about Gun picking his nose on national television?

revolver808
12-04-2000, 10:51 PM
I guess that's one way to pick a winner.

j molina
12-04-2000, 10:53 PM
This is a long standing Chiefs stupid tendency...throwing the ball 7 yards on 3rd and 10.

If you throw it 10 or farther and complete it you'll get a first down!

Stuckinbama
12-04-2000, 11:48 PM
Or throwing the ball 4 yards when you only have 10 seconds left and 11 yards to go for the score!

redhed
12-04-2000, 11:52 PM
Gunthers half-time explaination. "I dunno whats going on."

ColoradoChief
12-05-2000, 12:10 AM
I now this is being redundant, but NONE of our backs have any vision. With NE overpusuing much of the day there were some massive cutback lanes. Too bad our FBs, I mean HBs, couldn't find them.

Stuckinbama
12-05-2000, 12:21 AM
Here's one for the Defensive Stooge. How many times have you seen the opposing offense run the SAME play over and over again for successful yardage? Guess which play that was for the Patriots? We all know it was that Wide Receiver Screen - Maybe Kurt will see this when the coaching staff breaks down the game!

ColoradoChief
12-05-2000, 12:27 AM
Our coaching staff doesn't break down film. They just send the tape to NFL films to make highlight reels for our opponents. Gun will yell everything better, don't worry.

[This message has been edited by G_Man (edited 12-05-2000).]

rkucera
12-05-2000, 07:41 AM
Our insistence on using comeback routes that any good corner (i.e. Ty Law) can blow up.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-05-2000, 07:45 AM
Giving the ball to Bennett for no yardage.

And it's pretty sad when the opposing team throws a screen pass and a Chiefs fan actually vocalizes, "uh-oh..."

Gracie Dean
12-05-2000, 07:50 AM
Our failure to recognize personal statistics of our personnel. Donnell Bennett has a 1 YPC average and the most losses of any back we have. Why give him the ball for anything longer than inches, I don't know. Stoyonovich is 1 for 3 on FG's longer than 35 yards early in the season - why allow him to kick anything longer with the game on the line? Todd Sauerbraun must lead the league in outkicking his coverage with the game on the line. Why allow him to kick another linedrive? Our ST probably leads the league in KO return yards allowed, why not squib a kick once in a while with the game on the line. We lead the league in offsides in critical situations. How can we not demand our Defensive linemen LOOK AT THE DAMN BALL and move on ball movement? Derrick Alexander probably leads the league in drops in traffic. Why throw the ball to him anytime he doesn't have separation? I don't understand why our staff doesn't recognize the weaknesses of our players! I see them and they aren't necessarily a bad thing. I have weaknesses in my job. I recognize them and try to make my management aware of them so someone else on my team can augment the things I don't do well. This is complete stupidity!

BigChiefsFan
12-05-2000, 07:52 AM
Telegraphing the blitz. Everyone from the QB to the guy in the corner of the upper section 1/2 mile away can see it coming.

Oh yeah, calling a play that has a crossing route when there is only 11 seconds left. That's pretty stupid.

MM
--Could go on about this topic for days.

homebizy
12-05-2000, 07:56 AM
I have got two favorites:

1. When to challenge and when not to challenge calls. Gunter still hasnt figured it out.

2. Gunters vow to correct the offsides problems. As long as Gunter has been in KC, the Chiefs havent been able to stay in the nuetral zone.

Like I have said before, the coaching problem really isnt Gunter's fault. He is what he is. The guy who hired him ought to be shot. When you buy cheap, you get what you pay for!

Stuckinbama
12-05-2000, 09:38 AM
Phil,
#17 was an AWESOME post! IMHO, one of the best ones ever about any subject. You need to e-mail it to Carl. Don't put yur name on it so that he can take full credit for it! *grin*