PDA

View Full Version : How George W. Bush became a Christian...

ron380038
02-28-2005, 08:41 AM
http://www.blessitt.com/gwbushandarthur.jpg
Arthur Blessitt prayed with George W. Bush to receive
Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour on April 3, 1984.

Read the good news below and see just how easy it is
to become a Christian so that you can live forever in
Heaven and avoid going to Hell when this life comes to
an end.

The good news is that God came from Heaven to earth
in the person of Jesus Christ over 2000 years ago and
died for our past, present and future sins(misdeeds).
He was born in the land of Israel supernaturally to a
virgin Jewish woman named Mary. He lived a sinless life
for thirty-three years and then sacrificed His sinless
blood and died on a cross to pay the death penalty for
our sins.

After Jesus died He rose from the dead three days later
as He said He would. The Holy Bible also tells us that
Jesus Christ ascended into Heaven and that all who accept
Him as their Lord and Saviour will live forever with Him
in Heaven where there is no more death, sorrow, sickness
and pain.

The Holy Bible very clearly explains how simple it is
to be saved and on your way to Heaven, "For if you
confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe
in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you
WILL BE SAVED." (Romans 10:9)

You can be saved right now and on your way to Heaven if
you will open your heart to Jesus and pray the following
prayer:

Dear Jesus Christ, I want to be saved so that I can have
a home in Heaven when I die. I agree with You that I am a
sinner. I believe You love me and want to save me. I
believe that You bled and died on the cross to pay the
penalty for my sins and that You rose from the dead.
Please forgive my sins and come into my heart and be my
Lord and Saviour. Thank You Lord Jesus Christ for
forgiving me and saving me through Your merciful grace.
Amen.

You are now a Christian if you said the prayer and allowed
God to save you. Welcome to the family of God.

If you decide to wait till later you may die before you get
another chance to be saved because none of us knows
exactly when we will die.

This means that if we die without trusting in Jesus Christ
as our Lord and Saviour we will be forever separated
from the love of God in a place called Hell. This place
called Hell is a place of eternal torment, suffering, pain
and agony for all those who have rejected Jesus Christ.

Some people get upset when someone tries to tell them about
Hell. If I knew that your house was on fire and I didn't tell
you about it that would mean I didn't care about you. I only
want you to know about the reality of Hell because I don't
want you to go there. Once you are in Hell you are there
burning and suffering forever.

The good news is that you can avoid Hell by allowing Jesus Christ
to save you today. Only then will you have true peace in your life
knowing that no matter what happens you are on your way to Heaven.

Saulbadguy
02-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Spam.

Dartgod
02-28-2005, 08:43 AM
Spam.
Ya think? :D

Bwana
Hit the road strokestick.

Ari Chi3fs
Come On Ron666. you should know better.

Cochise
02-28-2005, 08:45 AM
You know, I admire the sentiment, but I don't think evangelistic spam is the answer.

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 08:46 AM
You know, I admire the sentiment, but I don't think evangelistic spam is the answer.

Eh, it's no worse than Duhnise's shit; and we have to put up with that.

htismaqe
02-28-2005, 08:48 AM
How George W. Bush became a Chrisitian...

"Please God, if I could just score one more bag of coke..."

the Talking Can
02-28-2005, 08:53 AM
How George W. Bush became a Chrisitian...

"Please God, if I could just score one more bag of coke..."

Lord, help me snort this blow....

InChiefsHell
02-28-2005, 09:03 AM
sigh. This post is about as effective as the Bible Thumpers who show up to rock concerts with a bunch of fliers that inevitably get tossed all over the parking lot, mocking the message that they are trying to convey. Pointless...

Dartgod
02-28-2005, 09:03 AM
Eh, it's no worse than Duhnise's shit; and we have to put up with that.
Really. Let's ban that stupid bitch too.

siberian khatru
02-28-2005, 09:04 AM
When these folks show up at my front door, I usually greet them naked. Scares 'em off.

I think we should all strip right now.

Mr. Laz
02-28-2005, 09:10 AM
When these folks show up at my front door, I usually greet them naked. Scares 'em off.

done...

next move?

Rain Man
02-28-2005, 09:26 AM
I'm intrigued. I hope to learn more about this christianity thing.

siberian khatru
02-28-2005, 09:29 AM
done...

next move?

WHOA-HO!

Um, in your case, Laz, I'll make an exception. Put your pants back on and go hide in the kitchen for awhile.

siberian khatru
02-28-2005, 09:29 AM
I'm intrigued. I hope to learn more about this christianity thing.

Shut up and get naked.

Rain Man
02-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Shut up and get naked.

Is this part of christianity, too? How have I not heard about this before?

The women get naked too, right?

Raiderhader
02-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Shut up and get naked.

:spock:

gblowfish
02-28-2005, 09:36 AM
Shouldn't this be in the Jesusland Section of the Washington DC forum?
And will be have to give the paganists equal time in the CP now? I do believe this is the first time I've seen Jesus spam in the CP.

siberian khatru
02-28-2005, 09:37 AM
Shouldn't this be in the Jesusland Section of the Washington DC forum?
And will be have to give the paganists equal time in the CP now? I do believe this is the first time I've seen Jesus spam in the CP.

The second time. I once posted something about selling a Jesus Alou rookie card. It got deleted pretty fast. F*cking mods.

the Talking Can
02-28-2005, 09:38 AM
Jesus owes me three fitty....

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Really. Let's ban that stupid bitch too.

If she isn't the definition of "spam" I don't know what is. :hmmm:

She must be blowin' one of the mods on the side.

Mr. Laz
02-28-2005, 09:43 AM
WHOA-HO!

Um, in your case, Laz, I'll make an exception. Put your pants back on and go hide in the kitchen for awhile.

pretty impressive, huh

ROFL

Mr. Laz
02-28-2005, 09:45 AM
Is this part of christianity, too? How have I not heard about this before?

The women get naked too, right?

nope ... the christian priests only want the guys nekkid

memyselfI
02-28-2005, 11:35 AM
:shake: :shake: :shake: No way is Unity any more scary than these freaks. Talk about misrepresenting Christianity and mind control. ROFL

Unity School of Christianity

Founders: Charles and Myrtle (d. 1931) Fillmore

Headquarters: Lee's Summit, Missouri

Membership: Over one million

Origins: Unity began in Kansas City in 1889. Both Charles (a spiritist with no Christian background) ) and Myrtle (raised a Methodist) were involved with Christian Science and claimed that principles in Christian Science lead to healings in their lives. However, they disagreed with the Christian Science doctrine that matter is not real. They broke away, taught the reality of matter (Christian Science denies the reality of matter) and added, among other doctrines, the belief in reincarnation. Charles even believed he was the reincarnation of Paul the apostle. The Fillmores studied Hinduism and wove many of its other principles into their philosophy as their new religion grew. Unity is a mind science cult.

Doctrines: Unity School of Christianity denies the Trinity, the deity of Jesus, the personality of the Holy Spirit, the necessity of the atonement of Jesus for our sins, heaven, hell, sin, and the existence of the devil. Unity teaches reincarnation. "The second birth is that in which we 'put on Christ.' It is a process of mental adjustment and body transmutation that takes place right here on earth." They are largely vegetarians. It teaches that experience, if you are 'in tune' with God, is more accurate and reliable than the Bible. God, though, is a divine universal consciousness. Man is a part of that Divine Consciousness and is, therefore, divine by nature.

Unity separates Jesus from Christ saying that Jesus was a man, but that we all possess the Christ consciousness within us. Christ is the one complete idea of perfect man and divine Mind. Atonement is the reconciliation of our minds with the Divine Mind. It says that the Holy Spirit is a latent power within every one of us.

"Problems" disappear when you think correctly; that is, when you think according to the principles of divine mind as revealed in Unity. God is within us all as well as creation. "God slumbers in the rocks. God stirs in the flowers. God awakens in Man." All are children of God and Jesus was simply here to show us what we, as children of God, can do. It denies that Jesus is God in flesh and that he is to be worshiped. "But because He remained in a high state of spiritual consciousness, He became the ethical Messiah of the world."

Following are quotes from Charles Fillmore's book Christian Healing, Unity School of Christianity, Unity Village, MO. They are at the end of each chapter in his book and are meant as summarizations and points of meditation.

"God is the name of my good" (p. 17).
"God is the name of the everywhere Principle, in whom I live, move, and have my being" (p. 17).
"I am the son of God, and the Spirit of the Most High dwells in me" (p. 29).
"I am the only begotten son, dwelling in the bosom of the Father" (p. 29).
"I am the Christ of God" (p. 29).
"I and my Father are one" (p. 29).
"I am one with Almightiness" (p. 29).
"God is good, and God is all, therefore I refuse to believe in the reality of evil in any of its forms" (p. 60).
"My perfection is now established in Divine Mind" (p. 83).
"Holding continuously to the reality of things spiritual establishes them in mind -- they become mental substance" (p. 84).
"I see the light of the Christ consciousness always" (p. 106).
Publications: Wee Wisdom, for Children; Good Business, for business people; Weekly Unity, their devotional magazine. They use mail order extensively. There are many other writings some of which are "Mysteries of Genesis" and "Christian Healing" both by Charles Fillmore.

Comments: To uphold its doctrinal position, like most Cults, the true Christian position is misrepresented in order to justify this cult's "more correct" view. For example, Unity claims that Christianity views God as a man because we claim that God made us in His image. This is an erring assumption on their part as well as a misrepresentation. Unity uses the Bible and Jesus when it suits its needs but is not faithful to the biblical revelation of who and what God is, what Jesus has done, and the nature of the Trinity and salvation. It is a dangerous non-Christian cult that should be avoided.

Duck Dog
02-28-2005, 11:52 AM
It must be terrible to have Christians, Jews and Catholics hampering your way of life day in and day out, huh, Dumbnees?

Being a good Muslim and all, I bet it makes you want to blow yourself up.

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 12:02 PM
...Dumbnise...

ROFL

memyselfI
02-28-2005, 12:21 PM
It must be terrible to have Christians, Jews and Catholics hampering your way of life day in and day out, huh, Dumbnees?

Muslim. Oh please, I've attended Unity (the cult according to these whackos) for almost ten years.

Pitt Gorilla
02-28-2005, 12:45 PM
If she isn't the definition of "spam" I don't know what is. :hmmm:

She must be blowin' one of the mods on the side.:cough:mirror:cough:

Taco John
02-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Maybe I'm too much of a cynic... But I've always had the impression that George Bush's christianity is directly linked to the fact that Evangelical Christians are a powerful voting block. But I suppose it's not my place to judge, so I try not to. But I can't help but be a little cynical about the fact that his Christianity started righat about the same time that his political career did.

mlyonsd
02-28-2005, 01:19 PM
Maybe I'm too much of a cynic... But I've always had the impression that George Bush's christianity is directly linked to the fact that Evangelical Christians are a powerful voting block. But I suppose it's not my place to judge, so I try not to. But I can't help but be a little cynical about the fact that his Christianity started righat about the same time that his political career did.

Makes you wonder why he'd still attend church then doesn't it? I mean he's gone about as far politically as he can and all.

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 01:51 PM
:cough:mirror:cough:

:moon:

nlm

InChiefsHell
02-28-2005, 01:56 PM

He was into politics in 1984?

*Edit* Actually, he didn't get into politics till '94, when he became governor of Texas. C'mon people, you guys are just looking for reasons...

beavis
02-28-2005, 02:01 PM
He was into politics in 1984?
Actually, he was as far back as the 70's. But that'll be conveniently ignored by the likes of Taquito.

Frankie
02-28-2005, 02:02 PM

:clap:
Nailed it.

WeBToysnStuff
02-28-2005, 02:10 PM
You don't suppose that he had an actual religious experience do you?

I guess that concept is too far above all of your ability to reason.

He may not be the Christian that you all would want him to be, but it might be that he is the Christian that he wants to be, politically motivated or not.

Duck Dog
02-28-2005, 02:13 PM
:clap:
Nailed it.

Nailed it?

ROFL

whatta idiot. Both of ya.

Duck Dog
02-28-2005, 02:15 PM
You don't suppose that he had an actual religious experience do you?

I guess that concept is too far above all of your ability to reason.

He may not be the Christian that you all would want him to be, but it might be that he is the Christian that he wants to be, politically motivated or not.

You'll have to understand that not only are the Bush bashers here anti Bush, they are anti Christian/Jewish/Catholic.

However they are pro Islam, go figure. :hmmm:

Frankie
02-28-2005, 02:20 PM
You'll have to understand that not only are the Bush bashers here anti Bush, they are anti Christian/Jewish/Catholic.

whatta idiot.....

Nuff said...

WeBToysnStuff
02-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Nuff said...

So you are either a Bush basher or a Muslim, or worse---------Both!

What's the world coming to?

Cochise
02-28-2005, 02:35 PM
It's funny that Taco is in here saying that Bush is putting up a religious front for political gain, when not long ago he was turning up his nose at us for scoffing at Hillary's sudden sprinkling of the G-word though a recent speech.

Frankie
02-28-2005, 02:37 PM
So you are either a Bush basher or a Muslim, or worse---------Both!

What's the world coming to?

Gee,... another intellectual! :rolleyes:

Frankie
02-28-2005, 02:39 PM
It's funny that Taco is in here saying that Bush is putting up a religious front for political gain, when not long ago he was turning up his nose at us for scoffing at Hillary's sudden sprinkling of the G-word though a recent speech.

What does God have to do with religion? :shrug:

Phobia
02-28-2005, 02:42 PM

Hopefully jAZ won't start another thread protesting Tom's banishment.

Saulbadguy
02-28-2005, 02:46 PM
14 posts. That must be some kind of record.

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Hopefully jAZ won't start another thread protesting Tom's banishment.

I spent the first 18 yrs of my life in Leavenworth...Phil has somethin' against Leavenworth. :hmmm:

Phobia
02-28-2005, 02:51 PM
14 posts. That must be some kind of record.

I usually ban him on sight unless another mod gets to him first. We would seriously block his entire ISP if Radar Chief weren't also a customer.

Saulbadguy
02-28-2005, 02:55 PM
He is somewhat entertaining. To me, at least.

Duck Dog
02-28-2005, 02:58 PM

You mean to tell me that the Bush bashers here also aren't Christian/Jewish/Catholic bashers?

I'd like to hear this one.

I stand by original statement. Whatta idiot.

memyselfI
02-28-2005, 02:59 PM

Not so for me.

I think extremist/fundamentalist Islam, Christianity, Judism, and Catholicism are all leaves on the same fugged up poison tree.

Saulbadguy
02-28-2005, 03:01 PM
You mean to tell me that the Bush bashers here also aren't Christian/Jewish/Catholic bashers?

I'd like to hear this one.

I stand by original statement. Whatta idiot.
Thats a pretty broad generalization. I could make a similar one.

"All Bush supporters are pro-Christian."

Iowanian
02-28-2005, 03:02 PM
I think you weren't wearing your helmet, when you crashed into that tree on your broomobile.

Phobia
02-28-2005, 03:02 PM
He is somewhat entertaining. To me, at least.
He's a piece of shit old man who's depressed because he's never accomplished anything significant his entire life. Classic case of pussy behind a keyboard. He wouldn't DARE utter one word he sends me in his endless stream of emails to me in person. One time I called him at home because he'd been signing me up for spam.... He told me I had the wrong number and then he hung up. I called right back and he had his wife answer. "Just leave us alone", she says....

Biggest puss I've ever encountered online....

Duck Dog
02-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Not so for me.

I think extremist/fundamentalist Islam, Christianity, Judism, and Catholicism are all leaves on the same fugged up poison tree.

Then why do you only post up articles of the extremist/fundamentalist Christians? Why not post up some articles about extremist/fundamentalist Islamists and bash them endlessly?

Phobia
02-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Muslim. Oh please, I've attended Unity (the cult according to these whackos) for almost ten years.

Is that the same thing as allsoulskc.org?

Saulbadguy
02-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Then why do you only post up articles of the extremist/fundamentalist Christians? Why not post up some articles about extremist/fundamentalist Islamists and bash them endlessly?
IMO, she believes that the extremist/fundamentalist Christians have influence on our society, and our government. Extremist/Fundamentalist Islamics do not.

I think she is right, to a degree.

memyselfI
02-28-2005, 03:06 PM

Why do your work for you?

I just offer the Christian side as a basis to show that there are whack jobs in all of the fundamentalist/extremists religious movements.

memyselfI
02-28-2005, 03:07 PM
IMO, she believes that the extremist/fundamentalist Christians have influence on our society, and our government. Extremist/Fundamentalist Islamics do not.

Yes, that is true to a point. The extremist fundamentalists do have an impact on our society when they succeed in bringing out the worst extremist/fundamentalists within our own society.

I believe the growth of BOTH fundamental/extremist Islam and Christianity are intricately and inextricably linked.

Duck Dog
02-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Thats a pretty broad generalization. I could make a similar one.

"All Bush supporters are pro-Christian."

That is a broad generalization. But I would bet most are. I'd also bet most Bush supporters are pro-Christian. They are either Pro or ambivalent. They certainly don't spend endless hours harping about RWRNJ's, like most of the liberals here do.

Duck Dog
02-28-2005, 03:10 PM

So the Extremist/Fundamentalist Islamists who fly planes into our buildings, bomb our soldiers and bomb innocent Israelis don't have an impact on our daily lives like those crazy, whacked out Christians, eh?

Duck Dog
02-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Why do your work for you?

I just offer the Christian side as a basis to show that there are whack jobs in all of the fundamentalist/extremists religious movements.

Bahhh. Cop out.

You just offer one side to prove that there are whacked out fundamentalist/extremists religious movements?

You are so full of shit.

Saulbadguy
02-28-2005, 03:15 PM
So the Extremist/Fundamentalist Islamists who fly planes into our buildings, bomb our soldiers and bomb innocent Israelis don't have an impact on our daily lives like those crazy, whacked out Christians, eh?
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was more concentrated on things happening in this country. We aren't trying to instill Islamic values, and we do not let Islam affect our laws. I am not refering to terrorism, or military related things.

Duck Dog
02-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was more concentrated on things happening in this country. We aren't trying to instill Islamic values, and we do not let Islam affect our laws. I am not refering to terrorism, or military related things.

And Christianity affects our laws? If by removing everything religious from our public lands and grounds is what you mean, then yes, we are affected by Christianity.

My point is, that whacked out Muslims affect us a lot more than Christians do.

memyselfI
02-28-2005, 04:17 PM
And Christianity affects our laws? If by removing everything religious from our public lands and grounds is what you mean, then yes, we are affected by Christianity.

My point is, that whacked out Muslims affect us a lot more than Christians do.

Not so. Whacked out Christians have a daily impact on our lives as they seek to pass their regressive fundamentalist Christian political, cultural, social, religious agenda. The whacked out Islamists might act out violently on a bigger stage when they do act but they do not impact the AVERAGE American on a daily basis.

One is overtly dangerous the other covertly...both are dangerous.

BIG_DADDY
02-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Not so. Whacked out Christians have a daily impact on our lives as they seek to pass their regressive fundamentalist Christian agenda. The whacked out Islamists might act out on a bigger stage when they do act but they do not impact the AVERAGE American on a daily basis.

One is overtly dangerous the other covertly...

So tell us again, how did you become a wacked out supporter of Islamic Jihad Denise?

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 04:26 PM
.... Christians have a daily impact on our lives as they seek to pass their regressive fundamentalist Christian political, cultural, social, religious agenda. ...

Bullshit.

Christians have been neutered by a secularist and moral relativist agenda empowered by the misinterpretation of the establishment clause of the first amendment, and the subsequent establishment of the fraud that has become known as "separation of church and state." :rolleyes:

The only religion being promoted in this country is the rigid dogma of secular humanism and agnosticism that is reflected in our popular culture and rammed down the throats of our children, in the name of "separation of church and state." What utter nonsense. :shake:

Soupnazi
02-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Whacked out Christians have a daily impact on our lives as they seek to pass their regressive fundamentalist Christian political, cultural, social, religious agenda.

The Bible was the first ever textbook used for instruction here in these United States. And Christians are the one shoving their agenda down this country's throat?

Methinks your arms aren't long enough to reach that far.

memyselfI
02-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Bullshit.

Christians have been neutered by a secularist and moral relativist agenda empowered by the misinterpretation of the establishment clause of the first amendment, and the subsequent establishment of the fraud that has become known as "separation of church and state." :rolleyes:

The only religion being promoted in this country is the rigid dogma of secular humanism and agnosticism that is reflected in our popular culture and rammed down the throats of our children, in the name of "separation of church and state." What utter nonsense. :shake:

Those are not religions they are ideologies. Thus, if you want to argue that they are dangerous ideologies that have no business in our society you could be taken seriously. But to equate them WITH religion while simultaneously claiming they are dangerously anti-religious is more than alittle silly. ROFL

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Those are not religions they are ideologies. Thus, if you want to argue that they are dangerous ideologies that have no business in our society you could be taken seriously. But to equate them WITH religion while simultaneously claiming they are dangerously anti-religious is more than alittle silly. ROFL

You are quite right about the technical distinction between "religion" and "ideology"--but religion is certainly equated to "ideology" by it's critics. To argue that secular humanism is NOT "religious" in nature, is sophistry at it's worst.

In the minds of impressionable young children who are being molded in a society that has de-emphasized morality and religion, in favor or "ideolgoies"---is there REALLY a meaningful difference?

Hell, no! :shake:

Duck Dog
02-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Not so. Whacked out Christians have a daily impact on our lives as they seek to pass their regressive fundamentalist Christian political, cultural, social, religious agenda. The whacked out Islamists might act out violently on a bigger stage when they do act but they do not impact the AVERAGE American on a daily basis.

BS. Let me know when the Christians start bombing inncoent people.

if you think Christians are as dangerous as Muslims you have a serious problem.

Bearcat2005
02-28-2005, 05:09 PM

You are so out of touch with what is going on in the world, in the words of Bill Maher (I believe thatís how you spell his last name) ..."you donít see Christians going into a Wendyís and saying PRAISE JESUS!!! and then blowing it to up".
The truth is that the hard left demonizes Christians, just as some on the hard right demonize islamic's, Christianities teachings however are more tolerant in text (in the new covenant) than Islamic fundamentalist texts.

You need to realize that just because you see Christianity as a threat does not mean that the our nation does as well, and last I checked an extreme majority of the country claims to be Christian.....but never mind that we are all wrong and you are right. :rolleyes:

Michael Michigan
02-28-2005, 06:52 PM

Are you posting naked right now?

2bikemike
02-28-2005, 09:23 PM

Personally I think you are the whacked out nut job. BTW didn't you post a prayer request the other day?

What a total hypocrite!

memyselfI
02-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Personally I think you are the whacked out nut job. BTW didn't you post a prayer request the other day?

What a total hypocrite!

Yeah, I did and why is hypocritical? I attend church regularly. It is a liberal church that has been labeled a cult by the group in the thread.

What I've railed against is fundamentalist Christianity NOT Christianty as a whole and against a certain branch of Christianity that I was raised in and have since repudiated and was rebaptized elsewhere.

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Yeah, I did and why is hypocritical? I attend church regularly. It is a liberal church that has been labeled a cult by the group in the thread....

"Labeled" a cult..... ROFL

Pretty fitting for you'd I'd say.... :)

memyselfI
02-28-2005, 09:34 PM
"Labeled" a cult..... ROFL

Pretty fitting for you'd I'd say.... :)

Yeah, by RWNJs fundamentalists. I know I'm in the right place if they disapprove. :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Yeah, by RWNJs fundamentalists. I know I'm in the right place if they disapprove. :rolleyes:

The problem with that analysis is ANYONE "to the right" of Teddy Kennedy, Hillary Clinton, and Jesse Jackson (about 75-80% of America) is a RWNJ in your "world" :)

memyselfI
02-28-2005, 09:42 PM
The problem with that analysis is ANYONE "to the right" of Teddy Kennedy, Hillary Clinton, and Jesse Jackson (about 75-80% of America) is a RWNJ in your "world" :)

I'm not sure what happened to the link to CARM.org that I followed and that lead to me posting the excerpt I posted earlier but here is their christian cult group list:

http://www.carm.org/cults/cults.htm

What makes a church or group non-Christian?

There are many non-Christian religions and cults in America: Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Science, Unity, The Way International, Unitarianism, Islam, Hinduism, etc. They all claim special revelation and privilege and those that use the Bible invariably interpret it in disharmony with standard biblical understanding. And, groups like the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses object to the label "cult" because it often gets an emotional reaction as well as is a label they want to avoid.
The dictionary defines cult as "a system of religious worship or ritual"; "devoted attachment to, or extravagant admiration for, a person, principle, etc.", "a group of followers." This is a typical secular definition and by it, any believer in any god is a cultist, even atheists since they have an admiration for a principle and are a group of followers of the philosophy of atheism. Therefore, this is too broad a definition since it doesn't sufficiently address the issue of true and false religious systems.
The definition I use (and other Christian ministries and theologians use as well) for "non-Christian cult" or "non-Christian religion" is a group that may or may not include the Bible in its set of authoritative scriptures. If it does include the Bible, it distorts the true biblical doctrines that effect salvation sufficiently so as to void salvation.1 If it doesn't use the Bible, it is a non-Christian religion and does not participate in the benefit of divine revelation.
In Christian bookstores, there are almost always 'cult' sections which include the Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc. So, I am not alone in describing what a non-Christian, bible based cult is. Nevertheless, what makes something non-Christian is when it denies the essential doctrines of the Bible.

The Deity of Christ, which involves The Trinity
the Resurrection, and
Salvation by Grace
All of them add to the finished work of Jesus on the cross. Some cult groups even add to the Bible, i.e., Mormonism which has the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and The Pearl of Great Price. Also Christian Science has added Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures. The Jehovah's Witnesses, however, have actually changed the text of the Bible to make it fit what they want it to. For information on this see Jehovah's Witnesses and how they have changed the Bible.
Cults add their own efforts, their own works of righteousness to the finished work of salvation accomplished by Jesus on the cross. All Cults say that Jesus' sacrifice is sufficient, but our works must be 'mixed with' or 'added to' His in order to prove that we are saved and worthy of salvation. They say one thing but believe another. They maintain that they must prove themselves worthy and that they must try their best to please God and prove to Him that they are sincere, have worked hard, and are then worthy to be with Him. In other words, they do their best and God takes care of the rest.
This is absolutely wrong. The Bible says that we are saved by grace not by works "For by grace you have been saved through faith...not as a result of works, that no one should boast, (Eph. 2:8-9, NASB); not by anything we do "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law" (Rom. 3:28, NASB). Because if there was anything that we could do to merit the forgiveness of our sins, then Jesus died needlessly "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified...I do not nullify the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly (Gal. 2:16, 21, NASB).
People in cults will often cite James 2:26 where it says that faith without works is dead in an attempt to demonstrate that works are part of becoming saved. While it is true that faith without works is dead, it isn't the works that save us. James is saying that if you have real and true faith, it will result in real and true works of Christianity. In other words, you do good works because you are saved, not to get saved. He isn't saying that our works are what saves us, or that they, in combination with the finished work of Christ, save us. James is simply telling us that if we say we have faith (James 2:14) but we have no works in correspondence to that faith, then that faith won't save us because it is a dead faith. This agrees with Paul who tells us that faith is what saves us, "Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom. 5:1). This faith is real faith, or true saving faith, not just an empty mental acknowledgement of God's existence which is what those who "say" they have faith but show no corresponding godliness are guilty of. Incidentally, you should realize that faith is only as good as who you put it in. Just having faith in something doesn't mean you're saved. That is why it is important to have the True Jesus, because if you have great faith but it is in the wrong Jesus, then your faith is useless.
In Mormonism Jesus is the brother of the devil begotten through sexual intercourse from a God who came from another planet. In Jehovah's Witnesses he is Michael the Archangel who became a man. In the New Age Movement he is a man in tune with the divine consciousness. Which is true? The only true Jesus is the one of the Bible, the one who is prayed to (1 Cor. 1:1-2 with Psalm 116:1; Acts 7:55-60); worshipped (Matt. 2:2, 11, 14:33, John 9:35-38, Heb. 1:8), and called God (John 20:28; Col. 2:9). The Jesus of the Cults is not prayed to, worshipped, or called God. And since the Jesus of the Bible is the only one who reveals the Father (Luke 10:22) so that you may have eternal life (John 17:3), you must have the true Jesus who alone is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6).
Another common denominator among the Cults is their methods for twisting scripture. Some of the errors they commit in interpreting Scripture are: 1) taking Scripture out of context; 2) reading into the Scriptures information that is not there; 3) picking and choosing only the Scriptures that suit their needs; 4) ignoring other explanations; 5) combining scriptures that don't have anything to do with each other; 5) quoting a verse without giving its location; 6) incorrect definitions of key words; and 7) mistranslations. These are only a few of the many ways Cults misuse Scripture.
If you want to be able to witness well to a person in a cult, you need to understand their doctrines as well as your own. It would be a good idea to study both Christian Doctrine: the Bible, God, Creation, Man... and Christian Doctrine: Jesus, the Holy Spirit, Salvation... as well as the The Essential Doctrines of Christianity to become better equipped. Through study you will be able to answer questions that often come up in witnessing encounters. A Christian should know his doctrine well enough to be able to recognize not only what is true, but also what is false in a religious system (1 Pet. 3:15; 2 Tim. 2:15).
Jesus warned us that in the last days false Christs and false prophets would arise and deceive many (Matt. 24:24). The Lord knew that there would be a rise of the spirit of Antichrist (1 John 4:1-3) in the last days. Its manifestation is here in the forms of Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, and the New Age Movement, among others.

1. This definition of "cult" is not sufficient to cover all that needs to be discussed in cult theologies and practices nor is it broad enough to address the topic of world religions like Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam which are do not fall under the definition I've employed.
The term cult can range from any group of worshippers of any God who pay no attention to the Bible, to a small, highly paranoid, apocalyptic people who gather around a charismatic leader that uses the Bible to control them. Nevertheless, I've chosen a definition. I'll probably modify it as I learn more.

memyselfI
02-28-2005, 09:44 PM

No, only to the right of Arlen Specter, Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins...

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 09:47 PM
No, only to the right of Arlen Specter, Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins...

People's name whom you invoke (as liberal-moderate Republicans) to establish some semblence of "objective" credibility, but for whom...when push comes to shove....you never actually vote for. ;)

memyselfI
02-28-2005, 09:50 PM
People's name whom you invoke (as liberal-moderate Republicans) to establish some semblence of "objective" credibility, but for whom...when push comes to shove....you never actually vote for. ;)

Well, it would depend who they were running against but for the most part I could vote for them without holding my nose (like I did for Mike Hayden, KS gov.) and without guilt. They are good people whose political party would not dissuade me from supporting them.

DanT
02-28-2005, 11:22 PM
http://www.carm.org/cults/cults.htm

Another common denominator among the Cults is their methods for twisting scripture. Some of the errors they commit in interpreting Scripture are: 1) taking Scripture out of context; 2) reading into the Scriptures information that is not there; 3) picking and choosing only the Scriptures that suit their needs; 4) ignoring other explanations; 5) combining scriptures that don't have anything to do with each other; 5) quoting a verse without giving its location; 6) incorrect definitions of key words; and 7) mistranslations. These are only a few of the many ways Cults misuse Scripture.

If you were to replace "Scripture" with "authoritative sources of information" and "Cults" with "wingtards", you'd have a pretty good description of a lot of what happens in political discussions. ;)