PDA

View Full Version : I love the smell of the silly season at the Planet....

JimNasium
02-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Seriously, this is the best time to be on this board. Speculation, possibility, hope, silliness and most of all....primarily regulars. Thanks for making me smile over the last several weeks. This will fade as the draft passes us by and the season approaches but I will enjoy the interim.

http://www5.big.or.jp/~hellcat/image/napalm_in_morning.jpg

Phobia
02-28-2005, 07:14 PM
You didn't have to name me individually or anything... it's a pleasure to serve.

big nasty kcnut
02-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Jim your welcome but remember watch out for lame trolls.

JimNasium
02-28-2005, 07:17 PM
You didn't have to name me individually or anything... it's a pleasure to serve.
Sorry Kevin, I'm not very good at showing my appreciation.

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Jim your welcome but remember watch out for lame trolls.

I'm NOT a troll. :harumph:

Phobia
02-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Sorry Kevin, I'm not very good at showing my appreciation.

It okay brad you okay in my books.

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 07:19 PM
It okay brad you okay in my books.

Ouch, Phil has a point Mr. Essex....heh.

HemiEd
02-28-2005, 07:19 PM
So this has been the good stuff? ROFL

JimNasium
02-28-2005, 07:20 PM
So this has been the good stuff? ROFL
Yep, pretty much the pinnacle.

HemiEd
02-28-2005, 07:24 PM
Yep, pretty much the pinnacle.

Finally I was in the rite place at the rite time? Cool, thanks, I feel better! :clap:

JimNasium
02-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Finally I was in the rite place at the rite time? Cool, thanks, I feel better! :clap:
But wait, have you seen a Bob Dole "Poop" thread? It could get better yet.

go bo
02-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Yep, pretty much the pinnacle.i admit, it's a combover...

Warrior5
02-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Nothin' else in the world smells like it. You know, someday this off-season's gonna end.

JimNasium
02-28-2005, 07:31 PM
i admit, it's a combover...
ROFL ROFL ROFL

HemiEd
02-28-2005, 07:32 PM
But wait, have you seen a Bob Dole "Poop" thread? It could get better yet.

I am only capable of dealing with so much ROFL

Phobia
02-28-2005, 07:32 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

It's a shame that most of the funny shit are inside jokes between the longtime members. We should start some funny inside jokes with the noobs.

Phobia
02-28-2005, 07:33 PM
I am only capable of dealing with so much ROFL

So is Bob Dole's toilet.

HemiEd
02-28-2005, 07:36 PM
It's a shame that most of the funny shit are inside jokes between the longtime members. We should start some funny inside jokes with the noobs.

I am starting to think the fun is trying to figure all of this out. Little pieces to the puzzle come at you from different posters that are fun trying to fit together. A lot of it is actually starting to make sense which scares the hell out of me! :p

Eleazar
02-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Thank you, I'm trying.

go bo
02-28-2005, 07:40 PM
So is Bob Dole's toilet.ROFL ROFL ROFL

otoh, why'd ya have to say that right now?

i'm drinking a white russian with 4x the kalua...

and it looks just like... :( :( :(

HemiEd
02-28-2005, 07:41 PM
So is Bob Dole's toilet.

That message stirs a very contradictory image :Lin: in my mind to your sig and avatar :hump:

go bo
02-28-2005, 07:42 PM
I am starting to think the fun is trying to figure all of this out. Little pieces to the puzzle come at you from different posters that are fun trying to fit together. A lot of it is actually starting to make sense which scares the hell out of me! :pthe pretty much = i admit, it's a combover was a deal where the filter would replace pretty much with i admit, it's a combover...

pretty much was prettyt much in use all the time then and that slowed it right down, iirc...

there's probably more to it, but that's the gist of it...

bogie
02-28-2005, 07:44 PM
I am starting to think the fun is trying to figure all of this out. Little pieces to the puzzle come at you from different posters that are fun trying to fit together. A lot of it is actually starting to make sense which scares the hell out of me! :p

Yep.

go bo
02-28-2005, 07:44 PM
I am starting to think the fun is trying to figure all of this out. Little pieces to the puzzle come at you from different posters that are fun trying to fit together. A lot of it is actually starting to make sense which scares the hell out of me! :pfeel free to ask anytime...

i ask a lot of dumb questions because i'm a little on the ancient side and don't always keep up so well...

of course, some of the answers i get are hilarious...

bogie
02-28-2005, 07:45 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

otoh, why'd ya have to say that right now?

i'm drinking a white russian with 4x the kalua...

and it looks just like... :( :( :(

thick and brown eeeeewwwwwwwww!

HemiEd
02-28-2005, 07:47 PM
the pretty much = i admit, it's a combover was a deal where the filter would replace pretty much with i admit, it's a combover...

pretty much was prettyt much in use all the time then and that slowed it right down, iirc...

Thanks for clearing that up! :thumb: I think?

Phobia
02-28-2005, 07:49 PM
the pretty much = i admit, it's a combover was a deal where the filter would replace pretty much with i admit, it's a combover...

Actually, it's even more specific. For a period of about a month, 80% of JOhn's posts were simply "Pretty much" (he was a very agreeable guy - and a post whore). Just prior to that he had posted a picture of himself - with thinning, whispy hair on top, but still a full head of hair..... I gave him shit about the combover and he took it kinda hard....

So to discourage him from post whore responding "Pretty much" all the damn time, I changed the board filter to "I admit, it's a combover." everytime.... It was kinda funny at the time.

Have you ever seen anybody misspell Chiefs with the e before the i? Same filter concept. Give it a try.

Jenny Gump
02-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Silly season. Can I be the Offensive Coordinator?

Phobia
02-28-2005, 07:50 PM
of course, some of the answers i get are hilarious...

Most of the answers are fabrications or at least embellishments. :D

bogie
02-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Actually, it's even more specific. For a period of about a month, 80% of JOhn's posts were simply "Pretty much" (he was a very agreeable guy - and a post whore). Just prior to that he had posted a picture of himself - with thinning, whispy hair on top, but still a full head of hair..... I gave him shit about the combover and he took it kinda hard....

So to discourage him from post whore responding "Pretty much" all the damn time, I changed the board filter to "I admit, it's a combover." everytime.... It was kinda funny at the time.

Have you ever seen anybody misspell Chiefs with the e before the i? Same filter concept. Give it a try.

Gotta try. I love the Cheifs!

grandllama
02-28-2005, 08:11 PM

I believe I was the one who suggested that filter. Thank You Hello - commatard on the loose., I admit, it's a combover

Mark M
02-28-2005, 09:46 PM
i ask a lot of dumb questions because i'm a little on the ancient side and don't always keep up so well...

And all this time I thought it was just because you were stupid ...

:p

Remember: There are no dumb questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.*

MM
~~:D

Stolen without permission from despair.com.

Frazod
02-28-2005, 10:14 PM
I no longer get involved in FA/draft speculation for one reason - nothing I, or anybody else here, says or thinks matters. They never seem to sign or draft anybody we want, and over the last couple of years, pretty much everybody they've signed has flat out sucked.

It's like beating my head on a brick wall, and I won't waste my time researching picks or speculating. IMO, there's just no point.

But to all the mockers out there, have a ball.

FloridaChief
02-28-2005, 10:17 PM
I no longer get involved in FA/draft speculation for one reason - nothing I, or anybody else here, says or thinks matters. They never seem to sign or draft anybody we want, and over the last couple of years, pretty much everybody they've signed has flat out sucked.

It's like beating my head on a brick wall, and I won't waste my time researching picks or speculating. IMO, there's just no point.

This guy, this Macallen-drinking sot, has crystallized my thoughts on mock-draftery and why I refuse to participate.

Rep.

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 10:18 PM
This guy, this Macallen-drinking sot, has crystallized my thoughts on mock-draftery and why I refuse to participate.

Rep.

Absythe here! Absynthe heerre! Wannat jjoin me?

FloridaChief
02-28-2005, 10:20 PM

We're drinking tonight, Mr Kot-taire????

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 10:21 PM
We're drinking tonight, Mr Kot-taire????

Nah. I wish. :banghead:

Jenny Gump
02-28-2005, 10:22 PM
OMG, does everything have to be about YOU? What a drama queen.

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 10:23 PM

Hey...I'm messin' with Eric--butt out, alright. Eric and I are drinkin' buds.

I love you Jenn, but when you are OTR...you can be a bitch. ;)

FloridaChief
02-28-2005, 10:26 PM

Obviously this isn't aboot him. It's about ME!!!

Pay attention to

MEEEEEEEEEEEEE>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jenny Gump
02-28-2005, 10:27 PM

You are so lame, I'm not "on the road". Besides, I was just messing with you. But don't read that to mean I don't realize I'm a bitch.

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Obviously this isn't aboot him. It's about ME!!!

Pay attention to

MEEEEEEEEEEEEE>>>>>>>>>>>>

See, Jenn.

I expect an apology. :harumph:

Stinger
02-28-2005, 10:29 PM

well she did want to be the "Offensive" Cordinater in the silly season

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 10:31 PM
You are so lame, I'm not "on the road". Besides, I was just messing with you. But don't read that to mean I don't realize I'm a bitch.

Fine, I'm lame; you're a bitch.

But I can't help it I lost a leg in 'Nam--that I'm a cripple; you could be nicer... :harumph:

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 10:32 PM
well she did want to be the "Offensive" Cordinater in the silly season

"Offensive" or not, most of you CP pervies would still do it.

Jenny Gump
02-28-2005, 10:32 PM
Fine, I'm lame; you're a bitch.

But I can't help it I lost a leg in 'Nam--that I'm a cripple; you could be nicer... :harumph:

You gotta represent...just like all the other cripples.

Mr. Kotter
02-28-2005, 10:34 PM
You gotta represent...just like all the other cripples.

You saw me....your Bro's movie was loosely based on my character--They called me Captain Dan. Remember? :hmmm:

Jenny Gump
02-28-2005, 10:36 PM
[I officially apologize now for ruining Jim Nasium's thread]

FloridaChief
02-28-2005, 10:36 PM
I still think this is all about me and the rest of you just don't know it...

Jenny Gump
02-28-2005, 10:37 PM

For the love of God let's hope so

KCWolfman
02-28-2005, 11:20 PM
I think you are just into Duvall without a shirt.

Logical
02-28-2005, 11:32 PM

You have a very good point, but I guess I just don't have enough frustration in my life.

Frazod
02-28-2005, 11:39 PM
You have a very good point, but I guess I just don't have enough frustration in my life.

I find THAT hard to believe.... :hmmm:

ROFL

Rausch
03-01-2005, 12:14 AM
This is prime Titus time. Really, it's fun to watch.

There is very little that pleases me as much as watching a person become frustrated at the realization that what they have just said is about to be bent and crammed right back up their azz...

It's like watching one of those Poker shows where you can appreciate every move as the experienced player slowly walks someone into a trap.

The art isn't in calling someone a "****ing idiot," the art is in finding new and flowery ways to get the point across without having to say it...

Logical
03-01-2005, 12:34 AM
This is prime Titus time. Really, it's fun to watch.

There is very little that pleases me as much as watching a person become frustrated at the realization that what they have just said is about to be bent and crammed right back up their azz...

It's like watching one of those Poker shows where you can appreciate every move as the experienced player slowly walks someone into a trap.

The art isn't in calling someone a "****ing idiot," the art is in finding new and flowery ways to get the point across without having to say it...

Weird I find Titus to be funny (most of the time) but rarely find myself thinking he has won a point. Mostly I find him like myself to just be another arrogant asshole with an opinion no better than anyone elses.

Rausch
03-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Mostly I find him like myself to just be another arrogant asshole with an opinion no better than anyone elses.

Of course. It goes without saying.

What I appreciate isn't so much what's said but the way it's done.

HemiEd
03-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Of course. It goes without saying.

What I appreciate isn't so much what's said but the way it's done.

Are you trying to say that people might play games on the Planet? Peshaw, I can not believe that. :shake:

keg in kc
03-01-2005, 07:12 AM
I no longer get involved in FA/draft speculation for one reason - nothing I, or anybody else here, says or thinks matters.That pretty much sums it up.

I used to get some kind of stupid satisfaction from guessing 'right', but those days are over. Who cares.

I think we're due some karma, though, I will say that. You'd think all the bad would eventually balance out with some good.

Bob Dole
03-01-2005, 07:38 AM
Weird I find Titus to be funny (most of the time) but rarely find myself thinking he has won a point. Mostly I find him like myself to just be another arrogant asshole with an opinion no better than anyone elses.

You have learned well, Grasshopper. Once you can accept that Bob Dole's opinion <b>is</b> better than all others, you will have reached true enlightenment.