PDA

View Full Version : Leinert may enter NFL Draft??

Deberg_1990
02-28-2005, 07:15 PM
According to Peter King CNNSI.

He may enter the supplmental draft in the Summer.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/02/28/mmqb/index.html

This may be good news for us. It would have a ripple effect throught the rest of the draft order and may cause a great defenseive player to slide to use.

The Bad Guy
02-28-2005, 07:17 PM
I don't see what effect it would have.

Teams would have to give up a #1 next year. If I'm the 49ers I'm thrilled. I can take a defensive stud, trade down or receiver and then grab Leinart in the supp draft.

Mile High Mania
02-28-2005, 07:18 PM
I agree with Machismo... not much benefit for KC in R1 this year, unless I'm missing something.

kcfanintitanhell
02-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Yea I read that King article too, but it sounds as if he does it (and Pete Carrol says it ain't gonna happen), he would go in the supplemental draft. And I have no idea the criteria for the selection in the supplemental draft, and if that affects the regular draft.

Deberg_1990
02-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Yea after reading the whole thing, it sounds like he might not even come out. Who knows? Probably wont affect us much if he does....

Saulbadguy
02-28-2005, 07:29 PM
He'd be a dumbass if he came out now. Of course, I think he will hurt his stock while staying in college another year.

Deberg_1990
02-28-2005, 07:30 PM
He'd be a dumbass if he came out now. Of course, I think he will hurt his stock while staying in college another year.

He really should have gone ahead and come out. How could he have possibly topped the past 2 years? His stock was at an all time high! I guess he must have been getting some serious poon in the college dorms??

Saulbadguy
02-28-2005, 07:35 PM
He really should have gone ahead and come out. How could he have possibly topped the past 2 years? His stock was at an all time high! I guess he must have been getting some serious poon in the college dorms??
His stock could have risen had Norm Chow, and all the other USC assistants stuck around. IMO.

ChiefsCountry
02-28-2005, 08:38 PM
I dont know how much higher he could go than #1? Leinart was stupid, its not like San Francisco would be that bad of a place to go.

kcfanintitanhell
02-28-2005, 09:24 PM

Apparently he has some rotator cuff issues that will keep him from even throwing a football for about 3 months without maybe doing some major damage, which would make it tough for him to audition for the hordes of scouts that would come to see a workout.
Maybe he can toss some balls underhanded to Ty Law as he comes across the field in his wheelchair.

Bob Dole
02-28-2005, 09:32 PM
There's a complete discussion of this on here somewhere...

Damned searchless POS.