PDA

View Full Version : Hello .. goodbye, KC Chiefs discussion.

Mark M
02-28-2005, 10:33 PM
Whaddup gals and gents! Haven't been around pretty much since ... well, damn, pretty much since I can't remember.

Anyway, hope everyone is well. I'm sure some things are the same: Logical and lazarus want Carl's head on a pike (the long, pointy stick ... not the fish ... that'd just be weird), some n00b got crushed by Iowanian, Gunther_Fan is still a festering boil that the mods have yet to lance, and every Chokeland fan has come here acting like the NFL should just hand them the Lombardi, conveniently forgetting the Faiders "Commitment to Excrement."

Same ol, same ol. ;)

So enough about you all ... I've got some Chiefs stuff to discuss.

The Chiefs have issues on defense, and I can already see that everyone has eleventy bajillion ways to fix them. Me? Well, it starts with the MLB -- our weakes total position, IMHO. I know, KC got ripped with the pass, but that's because teams could. Just like KC got ran on in '03--teams could do it easily, so that's what they did. Teams will do what it takes to win.

I say ...
Get Hartwell over Bell -- less injury issues. Then get Ty Law if he's cheap enough. Not sure about $15 - 20 million for 5 years when he may only play 3. Leadership is the key. Or get Dyson, or Rolle if the $$ is there. Surtain? Isn't he the guy that Trent blew up a few years ago on a Priest cutback? Is so, then hell no. If not, then only as a last resort. Giving up a 2nd AND $12 -15 mill bonus? Not sure about that, though.Offense? I think you have to couple in the Chiefs offense with the poor pass defense performance. Teams have to keep up, so they sling the ball all over the field. Sure, the fact the defenders suck ass helps.

They do, however, need young guys to replace Shields and Roaf -- this is probably those two guys' last year. Same with TRich, 'cause Easy sucks.

I think they'll be okay at WR with Bo coming back, Parker if he can learn the playbook, and Kennison. Keep Morton just cause there's no need at this point to cut him. Bench his drop-great-catch-drop-drop-drop ass except on runs and plays the opposite way of the guy.

Anyway, I gotta go -- the baby is crying (hes's doing well ... 6 months old, 23 pounds and 28 inches ... and, yes, I know he'll weight more than me in about a month, etc. etc. etc. nlm ), and is the reason I haven't been able to visit for a while. Wife is good ... hating Dubya, but good ;) ... work is crazy ... and blocked.

Have fun! Go Chiefs, and type to ya later. Those that know me know where to send an e-mail.

MM
~~:D

Chiefs Pantalones
02-28-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm a mess without you.

Mark M
02-28-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm a mess without you.

Bullchit ...

you're always a mess, and I ain't got nothing to do with it.

MM
~~:p

Chiefs Pantalones
02-28-2005, 10:39 PM
Bullchit ...

MM

I miss your musk.

go bowe
02-28-2005, 10:42 PM
I miss your musk.go chiefs, is that you?

Mark M
02-28-2005, 10:47 PM
I miss your musk.
***Insert obligatory mom joke here, i.e. "Your mother didn't miss much of it last night."

MM
~~:spock:

Iowanian
02-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Hey MarkSlim.

Some of the new meat will be along shortly, to inform you that they now run the show.....and since you've been gone, its been determined that Iowanian has no humor or skill to do any noobcrushing.

Get your ass back around here and help drown out the Death Gurgle starting in the Planets Lung.

"Good Things, Good Things" [/butt slap]

go bowe
02-28-2005, 10:54 PM
glad to hear the baby and wife are doing well...

fatherhood is a real blessing, but there are some strings attached...

but when you're old and gray, you'll remember all those diaper changes and midnight feedings fondly...

caring for babies and toddlers is one of the great joys of marriage and parenthood...

now my wife is asking to see pictures of the baby... :D

take care of yourself and the family, mm...

and pray for lightening on draft day...

Mark M
02-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Hey MarkSlim.

Some of the new meat will be along shortly, to inform you that they now run the show.....and since you've been gone, its been determined that Iowanian has no humor or skill to do any noobcrushing.

Get your ass back around here and help drown out the Death Gurgle starting in the Planets Lung.

Actually, I gotta go. Fire me off an e-mail.

See ya guys around, though!

MM
~~:)

go bowe
02-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Hey MarkSlim.

"Good Things, Good Things" [/butt slap]well, while the iowanian terror may have lost a step or two, he still has skills...

and without humor?

please...

besides, the fun you have with go chiefs is worth the price of admission all by itself...

whoman69
02-28-2005, 10:58 PM
Hey MarkSlim.

We already knew that. :rolleyes:

There aren't any noobs here either, especially Raider fans.

Bwana
02-28-2005, 11:00 PM
Greetings stickboy, it's good to see you back in the house!

Iowanian
02-28-2005, 11:00 PM
There isn't an influx of relatively New, and active Posters, WhOMAN?

You'd better back up from that Hippy Lettuce Fire.

go bowe
02-28-2005, 11:01 PM
There isn't an influx of relatively New, and active Posters, WhOMAN?

You'd better back up from that Hippy Lettuce Fire.you can make fires out of hippy lettuce?

kewl...

Iowanian
02-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Don't mind whoman, Slim..........He's not been his chipper self since his profile was outed on Perverted-Justice.com

grandllama
03-01-2005, 03:17 AM
Hey MarkSlim.

eh, its still good humor ROFL

as for that gurgle, it's been around for over a year now...

Rausch
03-01-2005, 03:28 AM
Bullchit ...

MM

In my case, you do. Last time I saw you I made quite the mess.

In fact, I'm fairly confident my stomach acid had a great deal of impact on Frazod's decision to sell his car.

And when I reflect more, I'm sure this is all due to the fact that I felt your wife was cocking back to take Jamie's head off and the alcohol was just a preventative measure to avoid the pain that was sure to follow after she snapped and attacked all adult males in the area...

Mark M
03-01-2005, 07:58 AM
In my case, you do. Last time I saw you I made quite the mess.

In fact, I'm fairly confident my stomach acid had a great deal of impact on Frazod's decision to sell his car.

And when I reflect more, I'm sure this is all due to the fact that I felt your wife was cocking back to take Jamie's head off and the alcohol was just a preventative measure to avoid the pain that was sure to follow after she snapped and attacked all adult males in the area...

ROFL

Nah, she wouldn't have killed all the adult males ... just one tall, skinny, right-winger who showed her an incredible lack of respect.

Damn kids these days ...

MM

ROYC75
03-01-2005, 08:32 AM
Whaddup gals and gents! Haven't been around pretty much since ... well, damn, pretty much since I can't remember.

Anyway, hope everyone is well. I'm sure some things are the same: Logical and lazarus want Carl's head on a pike (the long, pointy stick ... not the fish ... that'd just be weird), some n00b got crushed by Iowanian, Gunther_Fan is still a festering boil that the mods have yet to lance, and every Chokeland fan has come here acting like the NFL should just hand them the Lombardi, conveniently forgetting the Faiders "Commitment to Excrement."

Same ol, same ol. ;)

So enough about you all ... I've got some Chiefs stuff to discuss.

The Chiefs have issues on defense, and I can already see that everyone has eleventy bajillion ways to fix them. Me? Well, it starts with the MLB -- our weakes total position, IMHO. I know, KC got ripped with the pass, but that's because teams could. Just like KC got ran on in '03--teams could do it easily, so that's what they did. Teams will do what it takes to win.

I say ...
Get Hartwell over Bell -- less injury issues. Then get Ty Law if he's cheap enough. Not sure about $15 - 20 million for 5 years when he may only play 3. Leadership is the key. Or get Dyson, or Rolle if the $$ is there. Surtain? Isn't he the guy that Trent blew up a few years ago on a Priest cutback? Is so, then hell no. If not, then only as a last resort. Giving up a 2nd AND $12 -15 mill bonus? Not sure about that, though.Offense? I think you have to couple in the Chiefs offense with the poor pass defense performance. Teams have to keep up, so they sling the ball all over the field. Sure, the fact the defenders suck ass helps.

They do, however, need young guys to replace Shields and Roaf -- this is probably those two guys' last year. Same with TRich, 'cause Easy sucks.

I think they'll be okay at WR with Bo coming back, Parker if he can learn the playbook, and Kennison. Keep Morton just cause there's no need at this point to cut him. Bench his drop-great-catch-drop-drop-drop ass except on runs and plays the opposite way of the guy.

Anyway, I gotta go -- the baby is crying (hes's doing well ... 6 months old, 23 pounds and 28 inches ... and, yes, I know he'll weight more than me in about a month, etc. etc. etc. nlm ), and is the reason I haven't been able to visit for a while. Wife is good ... hating Dubya, but good ;) ... work is crazy ... and blocked.

Have fun! Go Chiefs, and type to ya later. Those that know me know where to send an e-mail.

MM

Hot Damn..... I was wondering about you the other day, good to hear that all is well ( wife and baby, we know you aren't well. ). I was beginning to think a call was the best option, or like you said, email.

BTW, don't give that baby the slim fast formula, he wants a bigger trunk
with tree roots that stickboys lack ! :D

BigChiefFan
03-01-2005, 08:44 AM
Mark.
Good to hear from you. Glad to hear things are going well for you and yours. Try and stop by more often, I miss your takes.

Mark M
03-01-2005, 10:02 AM
BTW, don't give that baby the slim fast formula, he wants a bigger trunk
with tree roots that stickboys lack ! :D

ROFL

Trust me ... him getting bigger ain't a problem.

MM

Iowanian
03-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Holy Moly.........That HAS to be Hoover's spawn.

Mark M
03-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Holy Moly.........That HAS to be Hoover's spawn.

The wife did spend a weekend in Iowa in December of '03 ...

MM
~~:hmmm:

keg in kc
03-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Definitely not Mark's kid. I thought I saw a tooth in one of those pics.

Mark M
03-01-2005, 10:08 AM
I can feel the love ...

MM
~~nlm

Iowanian
03-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Somehow I'm reminded of a Smokey and the Bandit quote by that Mark.

"Joohyah, when AH get home, Ahma gonna slap you mama. Theyah is no way, you ahr the fruit-a-these Loins"

Its easy to find out if your son was concieved in Iowa. He'd already be Reading.

keg in kc
03-01-2005, 10:09 AM
I can feel the love ...
Both hands on the keyboard, buddy.

ENDelt260
03-01-2005, 10:16 AM
I felt your wife was cocking back to take Jamie's head off and the alcohol was just a preventative measure to avoid the pain that was sure to follow after she snapped and attacked all adult males in the area...

She wouldn't hurt me.

Lzen
03-01-2005, 10:36 AM
That's one good looking kid, Mark. :thumb: He must take after his mommy. :p

Mark M
03-01-2005, 10:37 AM
That's one good looking kid, Mark. :thumb: He must take after his mommy. :p
Thanks! Now if we can just figure out who the daddy is ...
;)

Actually, I figured out that god made babies cute for a reason:

It's so you don't kill them when they start crying and waking you up at 1am ... and 3am ... and 5:30am ... and ...

MM
~~ZZZ

Lzen
03-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Oh yeah, and be sure to check out this thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110960

Mark M
03-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Oh yeah, and be sure to check out this thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110960

Already have, and have come to a few conclusions:

1. I'm gald our kid is allergic to milk -- he only gets soy-based formula. It ain't cheap, but it's safe.

2. Nothing in the world is safe.

MM

Bob Dole
03-01-2005, 10:46 AM
ROFL

Trust me ... him getting bigger ain't a problem.

MM

How many months old was he when you discovered he weighed more than you?