PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Shanahan's version of what happened in Indy...

shaneo69
03-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Shanahan's son not charged

By Bill Williamson
Denver Post Staff Writer

Kyle Shanahan said he was arrested early Sunday morning in Indianapolis while trying to assist a friend.

Shanahan, the son of Broncos coach Mike Shanahan, was arrested outside a downtown nightclub for public intoxication, a class B misdemeanor. He was released after several hours in jail. No charges have been filed.

Shanahan, in a statement released Monday night by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, explained his side. Shanahan, 25, is an offensive quality control coach for Tampa Bay and was in the city for the scouting combine.

"I was out with some friends and tried to help a friend who was in a difficult situation," Shanahan said. "In the course of events, the officers made the decision to detain me overnight. However, I was not given an opportunity to see the judge and upon my release in the morning, I was told that no charges were filed against me."

According to the police report, Shanahan was "loud, belligerent and causing a scene, drawing attention to himself."

The arresting office said in the report that he "advised Shanahan several times to quiet down and leave, but he continued to draw attention to himself." He then was arrested.

"My perception of these events is that I was attempting to intercede appropriately on behalf of a friend," Shanahan said. "My loyalty to my friend cost me a night in jail. It was a night well spent."

Dartgod
03-01-2005, 11:46 AM
According to the police report, Shanahan was "loud, belligerent and causing a scene, drawing attention to himself."
If this is illegal behavior, then there are a lot of Planet members in deep trouble.

siberian khatru
03-01-2005, 11:48 AM
When asked how he got an abrasion on his forehead, Shanahan muttered something about "a damn dog."

Phobia
03-01-2005, 11:49 AM
If this is illegal behavior, then there are a lot of Planet members in deep trouble.
Heh heh. I'm a 3 strike candidate.

Bowser
03-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Looks like he's been to a couple of parties at the Terrell Davis house.