PDA

View Full Version : Marlon Jackson, CB Michigan

Bootlegged
03-01-2005, 12:45 PM
anyone watch him play this year?

Looks damn good at the combine.....most athletic CB out there..

Chiefnj
03-01-2005, 12:47 PM
I watched him a bit last year and this year. I know there is talk that he should possibly be a safety, but he played corner much better than safety in college. He played corner fresh and soph year, and played well. The team asked him to move to safety his junior year and he did, but he struggled a bit. He went back to corner his senior year and looked good.

Some draft site said that teams only completed a total of 15 passes on him as a senior (playing corner).

Lzen
03-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Perfect fit for the Chiefs since he played some safety in college. :thumb:

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 12:48 PM
He's gonna fall because of his 40 time. He's a good football player IMO, 40-time be damned.

Maybe he'll fall to the 2nd round. :hmmm:

Bootlegged
03-01-2005, 12:49 PM
He's gonna fall because of his 40 time. He's a good football player IMO, 40-time be damned.

what was his 40?

Chiefnj
03-01-2005, 12:51 PM
what was his 40?

I think he ran a 4.59 about an hour ago.

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 12:57 PM
I think he ran a 4.59 about an hour ago.

It's in another thread here...he ran a 4.59.

Lzen
03-01-2005, 01:08 PM
I think the 40 time is overrated. If he is a good football player, he should be a good choice to draft.

el borracho
03-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Pats will probably take him if he is still on the board at 32.

AustinChief
03-01-2005, 01:45 PM
I've watched him for the last few years... I think he is the best all around corner in the draft. I would have NO PROBLEM with us drafting him with our first round pick... and would do cartwheels if we got him in the second round... OR traded down and got him later in the first.

the Talking Can
03-01-2005, 01:48 PM

hopefully we've learned our lesson by now: draft players not numbers....

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 01:50 PM
I've watched him for the last few years... I think he is the best all around corner in the draft. I would have NO PROBLEM with us drafting him with our first round pick... and would do cartwheels if we got him in the second round... OR traded down and got him later in the first.

Are you a Michigan fan?

Chiefnj
03-01-2005, 01:50 PM
There's no reason for his stock to have dropped this past year. Draft guys, like Kiper, like smaller corners who look good in drills.

Bootlegged
03-01-2005, 02:05 PM
probably making too much of what I saw at the combine, but he just seemed head and shoulders above the crowd...it was only drills, but he was smooth and looked like much more of an athlete than his peers.

keg in kc
03-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Are you a Michigan fan?I believe he is. And so am I. And I agree with him. I'd take Jackson in a heartbeat. Even at 15. I think he's that good.

AustinChief
03-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Are you a Michigan fan?

Yeah.. so I've watched him quite alot... and I can't see ANY reason for his stock to drop when he played GREAT this year and was predicted to be a top 3 (if not the outright #1) corner in the draft. He has been talked about for the last 3 years as being one of the best... I would much rather have a guy like him than someone I only starting hearing about around draft time.

--Kyle

Ebolapox
03-01-2005, 02:19 PM
I would only be happy with drafting him IF he changed his last name to Wayans

-EB-

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah.. so I've watched him quite alot... and I can't see ANY reason for his stock to drop when he played GREAT this year and was predicted to be a top 3 (if not the outright #1) corner in the draft. He has been talked about for the last 3 years as being one of the best... I would much rather have a guy like him than someone I only starting hearing about around draft time.

--Kyle

As an Iowa fan, I certainly have alot of respect for him. I think he's good enough to take at #15, but I don't think we'd need to (I've thought he would go mid 20's), so I haven't really thought about it.

With his 40 time and the number of CB's coming out, it's possible he could drop even farther. He could be the steal of the draft in the early 2nd round, IMO.

BTW, you don't visit any other message boards do you?

go bowe
03-01-2005, 02:22 PM
I believe he is. And so am I. And I agree with him. I'd take Jackson in a heartbeat. Even at 15. I think he's that good.so, is his 40 time an aberration or some sorts?

or does he "play faster" than his timed 40 speed?

4.59 seems awfully slow for a top-notch cb...

i would worry that if he really is that slow, he might have some trouble adjusting to the level of play (read speed as well as talent) in the nfl, even if he looked real good in college...

of course, i would be happy with any cb not named Mc-tee...

AustinChief
03-01-2005, 02:23 PM
As an Iowa fan, I certainly have alot of respect for him. I think he's good enough to take at #15, but I don't think we'd need to (I've thought he would go mid 20's), so I haven't really thought about it.

With his 40 time and the number of CB's coming out, it's possible he could drop even farther. He could be the steal of the draft in the early 2nd round, IMO.

BTW, you don't visit any other message boards do you?

other message boards? nope, heck.. I'm barely on this one... :D

--Kyle

Chiefnj
03-01-2005, 02:25 PM
so, is his 40 time an aberration or some sorts?

i would worry that if he really is that slow, he might have some trouble adjusting to the level of play (read speed as well as talent) in the nfl, even if he looked real good in college...

of course, i would be happy with any cb not named Mc-tee...

He plays faster as does Priest who ran a 4.7 at the combine and a guy like Drew Bennett who ran a 4.62 but was able to burn by our secondary last year.

keg in kc
03-01-2005, 02:27 PM
so, is his 40 time an aberration or some sorts?

of course, i would be happy with any cb not named Mc-tee...I think that he'll end up being the best corner out of this draft class, regardless of his 40 time. We're not talking about a guy who looked good at some mid-major, while there's still a big adjustment from college to pro, he's played against the some of the best college talent for four years. Personally, I think too much stock is given on measurables and times, the guy can simply play the game. Whatever 'it' is, I think he has it. I think he's a guy that nine or ten years from now we'll be talking about the same way people talk about another all-world Michigan corner who used to play for the patsies...

Now, obviously, I'm an unabashed Michigan homer, although that doesn't generally color the way I look at players.

htismaqe
03-01-2005, 02:30 PM
I'm seeing ALOT of guys running slow 40's this year...maybe it's the track?

AustinChief
03-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Here is a good article about this year's corners...
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3396152

--Kyle

bloomer88
03-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Now, obviously, I'm an unabashed Michigan homer, although that doesn't generally color the way I look at players.

Same here. I would love it, if the Chiefs drafted MJ, but not just because I'm a Michigan fan. This guy has proven himself on the field. He is one heck of a player. No complaints here if we got him.