PDA

View Full Version : Snyder: Please take Marty...

ddpatterson
12-04-2000, 10:22 AM
Updating our earlier story, Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder and his staff conducted Sunday night meetings to determine a short-list of possible head coaching andidates, according to the Washington Post. There are two avenues that Snyder appears to deciding from. The first avenue is finding
someone to finish out the season that doesn't expect to keep the job past this year, but possibly move into the front office. The second direction he is examining is finishing the season and hiring someone long-term. Sources close to the matter told the Washington Post that Synder might take a look at the future of capologists Vinny Cerrato as well. Names being bandied about
include Dick Vermeil, Marty Schottenheimer, Bill Parcells, Butch Davis and Terry Donahue just to name a few. The Post contacted Vermeil at his house last and he said: "I have no interest and no idea. I don't know anything about it. I have heard that rumor."

I don't see Vermeil coming out of retirement, Butch Davis said he wants to stay in college, and I don't know much about Donahue.

Gaz
12-04-2000, 10:25 AM
I have heard the rumour about Donahoe too. I have also heard that Parcells thinks Snyder is a schmuck (surprise, surprise), and that another candidate is Steve Spurrier, but he has just re-signed (or is about to) with Florida for about $2m per season.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-04-2000, 10:45 AM
Assuming it works like they claim, and you have a text pager or text-capable cell phone, you could get the news right away by signing up <a href="http://www.rmf-ztango.com:7003/rmf">here</a>.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-04-2000, 11:16 AM
So much for that service--ESPN has it before the pager goes off.

Turner fired, Terry Robiskie named interim HC.

The_Grand_Illusion
12-04-2000, 11:17 AM
Turner for OC!!!

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-04-2000, 12:10 PM
Notification service finally supplied the "news" at 12:09pm.

Not very good response time, but a pretty cool service to offer from the official web site.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-04-2000, 12:32 PM
Great...now Bob Dole can't figure out how to unsubscribe from the damned thing...

Gaz
12-05-2000, 11:57 AM
AP,

Did you see on SportsCenter this morning, Rich Eisen asked Schottenheimer if he'd consider working for Snyder. The short answer was no. The long answer had a lot of diplomatic BS and something about how they needed to RUN THE FOOTBALL :D

I'm afraid we won't be getting any of Washington's picks.....

[This message has been edited by Cormac (edited 12-05-2000).]

ChiTown
12-05-2000, 11:59 AM
I'll tell ya what Cormac, I'd just about take Marty back in a heartbeat about now.