PDA

View Full Version : Douglas county appraisers suck

Fat Elvis
03-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Hello, Mr. Taxpayer! Let me overinflate your property value so that I can suck you dry with property taxes.... STFU :banghead:

Improved lots don't just gain 13% and unimproved lots gain 103% in value in the course of one year. Absolute BS.

Here's the kicker: I'm basically building in my back yard; the lot is pretty much right behind where I live. My current residence was assessed 13% higher than last year. The lot where I am building was assessed 103% higher than last year. Now, the house just to the north of where I am building was only assessed 3% higher than last year, and the house to the south was assessed only 2% higher than last year.

Anyone care to venture why I am getting such a huge shaft by Douglas County?

Phobia
03-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Because you're building on it, dude.

You think they make you pull permits because they're concerned about your safety? No, they make you pull permits so they can monitor the value of your property.

Inspector
03-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Because you look like a rich guy?

I dunno. I give up. What's the correct answer?

Hoover
03-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Live in a dump, quit your job. the gubment will take care of you.

Hoover
Thinking about the Democrat way of life

Fat Elvis
03-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Because you're building on it, dude.

You think they make you pull permits because they're concerned about your safety? No, they make you pull permits so they can monitor the value of your property.

When I built on my current residence, they didn't appraise it higher until the year after it was completed.

Phobia
03-01-2005, 06:42 PM
I don't know then. You may be able to contest their findings, though. Run down to the appraisers office.

Though - I would be cautious allowing anybody involved in Kansas state city government into my home....

Fat Elvis
03-01-2005, 06:42 PM
The doctor around the corner got shafted even harder than I did. Her lot was assessed about 3x as much as last year.