PDA

View Full Version : This football stuff is greta! But who's the consensus #1 in fantasy baseball?

cmh6476
03-01-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm stuck with it, and now pondering my options :hmmm:

Personally, I kinda like A-Rod.

You have to consider Pujols. But I think there is more talent at first than any other position. Hell, even one of the three candidates for the Royals could almost put up respectable numbers at this position.

Soriano at second, but you could pull a Giles/ Uribe/ Boone/ Kent later on who will almost put up just as many numbers.

Short again, I see 4 or 5 guys bunched together.

Tejada, Jeter, Young, Rollins, Furcal, Renteria, hell even Berroa could bounce back and have a nice year! (let's hope) :thumb:

And outfield, I just think youhave a lot of talent out there. You coudl take Beltran just to be a homer. Or Vlad, Abreau, Bonds, none of those guys will be there on the comearound. But I think you can find OFers later on that will put up good numbers.

With A-Rod at third, I mean who else are you going to take? Chris Truby? :shrug:

He put up just as good of numbers at anybody else at the position, plus he nabbed about 20 more SBs. I don't think you can look past that.

So I'm leaning towards A-Rod. Convince me otherwise...

cmh6476
03-01-2005, 07:59 PM
ah yeah, here's my update on my homers league where I have the Royals:

I got the 4th overall pick. (http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=111185)

I'm ahead of the Astros, and the Mets aren't accounted for, so I'm gettting beltran.

I imagine either the A's or the Red Sox will take Damon with one of their 4 picks before my 2nd round pick, so that kinda sucks. But my outfield should be ok since at the least I have DeJesus as an exclusive (no team can get him, he hasn't played anywhere else), and guys like Dye, R White, Ibanez, Conine, Marrero, Stairs, Nunez, Gonzalez, Tucker, and Long are all out there! :eek:

But here's what I'm looking at!

SPs

Greinke, Gobble, and Hernandez are mine exclusively! I will utilize one roster spot on those three (dropping one the day after he starts for the next one scheduled to start!) :thumb:

I'd like to have one of:

Miguel Bastista (fighting the Pirates, Marlins, Cubs, and Blue Jays)
Jeff Suppan (Red Sox, Pirates)

and one of:

Glendon Rusch (Brewers, Cubs)
Paul Byrd (Braves, Angels)

and finally:

Jose Lima (Tigers, Astros, Dodgers)
Darrell May (Braves, Pirates, Angels)

we'll see how that works out :(

RPs

Who cares, my closers are exclusive (Affeldt & MacDougal) and every reliever that's ever played for us gets taken yard every 1:8.75 pitches!

Catchers

John Buck is an exclusive, so he's my full-time starter.

I'd like to get either Benito from the Pirates (Marlins, Blue Jays, Cubs, Giants, Pirates) or Gregg Zaun from the Blue Jays (Orioles, Marlins, Astros, Blue Jays) as a backup!

First Base

Sweeney and Harvey are both exclusives. I wouldn't mind nabbing Pickering somewhere (Orioles, Red Sox), but it's no sweat off my back if one of those guys gets him first.

2B

I suck here. I either draft Tony Graffinino before the Braves or White Sox or I'm stuck with a guy like Desi Relaford or Rey Sanchez at second base. :(

SS

Berroa is an exclusive, I have no other options at this position. Except for the guy backing up Berroa I guess.

3B

I don't know how many guys are gonna want Chris Truby, to tell you the truth. And that kinda scares me. If Teahan moves up quick that's fine because he is an exclusive. But until then I'm either going to have to draft Randa or Truby or be stuck with no one playing third base for me.

Randa (Pirates, Tigers)
Truby (Astros, Tigers)

OF

I've already listed some of my outfield options, but I'm set with beltran and DeJesus right now. I'd like to add:

one of:

Damon (A's, Red Sox)
Dye (Braves, White Sox, A's)

and then I'd like to have Ibanez as well, and then I could also add a guy like Conine, Marrero, Stairs, Nunez, or Juan Gone later on just as a backup option!

So, whatcha guys think? :shrug:

cookster50
03-02-2005, 06:58 AM
Pujols hands down.

Braincase
03-02-2005, 07:51 AM
George Steinbrenner. Just ask a free agent.

homey
03-02-2005, 08:51 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050227/capt.flla10202271957.cardinals_spring_training_flla102.jpg

Ask Walker, Sanders and Eckstein who they'd choose.

crispystl
03-02-2005, 08:54 AM
Pujols yeah he is a badazz fantasy player. In my league Beltran is awesome too all his runs and stolen bases make him a stat machine.

cmh6476
03-02-2005, 01:11 PM
The Red Sox just took Damon with their first pick. Hopefully now Dye will fall to me in the 2nd :thumb:

You guys really think Pujols is the better option over A-Rod? :shrug:

darkchief
03-02-2005, 01:12 PM
What is this Baseball stuff you're talking about... Does it have something to do with the NHL?

homey
03-02-2005, 01:31 PM
You guys really think Pujols is the better option over A-Rod? :shrug:

A Rod will swipe bases, so it really depends on the speed you get at your other position. More than likely your league will could strikeouts against you, Pujols has the obvious advantage there. Pujols also hits for a higher average and hits for more power. Both are going to drive in a lot of runs.

cmh6476
03-02-2005, 03:29 PM
K's do not count against batters. Our offensive categories are:

OBP
R
HR
RBI
SB

so I don't see how this justifies Pujols over A-Rod :shrug:

homey
03-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Do what you feel man, but Pujols has A Rod in all those categories except SB's. Check the stats for yourself.

cmh6476
03-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Do what you feel man, but Pujols has A Rod in all those categories except SB's. Check the stats for yourself.
maybe true, but you have to look at how much better a-rod is than the other thirdbasemen, and pujols than the other first-basemen...