PDA

View Full Version : You guys are only talking up a few players. What about the lower round guys ????????

warpaint99
03-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Lets remember the best player last season from the draft was a low round pick.

Who are the steals in the lower rounds ?

Any linebackers that can really stuff the run ?

Corners ? Defensive ends ?

Any that can start like Jared Allen ??

Phobia
03-01-2005, 08:54 PM
If anybody could answer your questions, those players wouldn't be low round picks.

warpaint99
03-01-2005, 09:48 PM
We all get way too concerned on the big named 1st rounders but quite a few of those guys don't big the big production.

I will dig around.

Chiefnj
03-01-2005, 09:52 PM
If he makes it to the 2nd day Leroy Hill of Clemson would be a solid pick. He played MLB at Clemson but was weighed in at the combine at 229lbs, so he is expected to play OLB in the NFL. He was productive at Clemson and ran pretty well at the combine.

Another defensive guy who looked good at the combine who might be worth a 2nd day pick is a DE/OLB tweener - Welsh.

jspchief
03-01-2005, 09:58 PM
I like Ernest Shazor from Michigan at safety, he's probably a second round pick.

The IA homer in me thinks Sean Considine would be worth a look around the 4th round (safety also). He probably would never be a star, but could make a good contribution on STs. Just a football player, no real tangibles that make him stand out.

philfree
03-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Aaron Francisco FS from BYU in the 4th maybe. Justin Colquit P in the 4th maybe. If we trade our 2nd round pick for Surtain we won't have much on the 1st day of the draft except our 1st rounder. It will be all about players from deeper in the draft.

PhilFree :arrow:

chiefscafan
03-02-2005, 12:42 AM
I can't remember his name but the receiver from i think northern arizona he's 6'4 and reminds people of TO i think its jackson he could be a late steal heck if Jones from Ark falls he definitely will be.

Nightfyre
03-02-2005, 02:45 AM
Sproles wouldnt be a terrible investment for a 3rd string RB in the 4th or 5th....