PDA

View Full Version : "Million" Mom March activist arrested... on firearms charges

Ultra Peanut
03-02-2005, 05:12 AM
http://www.sj-r.com/Sections/News/Stories/49173.asp

A Springfield woman who began lobbying against gun violence after her son was shot to death in 2002 was arrested last week when police allegedly found an illegal gun and drugs in her home.

Annette "Flirty" Stevens, however, said Monday she's innocent, and the arrest is an attempt by police to get her to give up information about unsolved crime in the city.

The handgun, which had a scratched-off serial number, and drugs allegedly were discovered Friday morning inside Stevens' home in the 2500 block of South 15th Street. Authorities said they obtained a search warrant for the residence as part of an ongoing investigation of a recent series of drive-by shootings. No one has been hurt in the gunplay.

Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives assisted in the search.

Although police declined to get into specifics, Stevens has a "close connection" with one of two feuding groups involved in the shootings, Lt. Rickey Davis said Monday.

Do as I say, not as I do.

mikey23545
03-02-2005, 06:32 AM
Obviously she thought she needed a gun to protect herself.

You couldn't ask her to give up a right like that, could you?...

Never mind...

Cochise
03-02-2005, 06:34 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

KCWolfman
03-02-2005, 06:59 AM
Ahh, the Rosie O'Donnell school of liberalism.

NewChief
03-02-2005, 07:11 AM
I'm aghast and saddened by all of you conservatives that would kick this poor woman when she's down. It's obvious that she's struggling with some personal issues, and you would all prefer to throw stones and make political points than do the right thing and pray for this poor lost soul. Add her to your prayer list, right along with the Alan Keyes family.

Or....

You can be a heartless liberal bastard like me and enjoy the irony.

bkkcoh
03-02-2005, 07:16 AM
Obviously she thought she needed a gun to protect herself.

You couldn't ask her to give up a right like that, could you?...

Never mind...

Remember, the police are there to 'Protect & Serve and to take reports and raise revenue with speeding tickets.'

mikey23545
03-02-2005, 07:56 AM
"Flirty"?

Bwana
03-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Oh, that's priceless! :)

SBK
03-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Guns are bad.......except if you need to protect yourself.

Duck Dog
03-03-2005, 10:00 AM
Proof that if you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns. I can understand her wanting guns oulawed for law abidding citizens, she's an effin criminal. This goes far beyond some dumbass, liberal, anti-gun moonbat.

I'd like to see Rosie O'Fatass explain his one.

BIG_DADDY
03-06-2005, 10:27 PM
"Flirty"?

Yea, she flirts in their face while she snags their drugs and gun.