PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs love fest on 610...

dirk digler
03-02-2005, 01:12 PM
No mention of the no salary cap limit rally at all. It seems that maybe Entercom sent JW underneath the bus with that promotion.

Neil Jones is the host and said that KCTV 5 reported last night about the trade for Surtain and they got that information from the NFL Network. He said the NFL Network is now backing off that report.

Sure-Oz
03-02-2005, 01:13 PM
wtf was the nfl network thinking then?

tomahawk kid
03-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Anything else?

Is the rally still taking place?

Phobia
03-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Looks like Neil Jones has been taking ChiefsPlanet threads too seriously. We've had reputable posters who were watching NFL network all night last night and didn't see the report.

Also had posters who watched channel 5 news and didn't see that report. I hope Jones verified that story.

keg in kc
03-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Both their morning shows mentioned the rally, but said that it won't be at Grunny's place anymore, just at the Granfalloon. DA mentioned that he'll be there, but not until 5 pm. I think it's going on, but either Intercom isn't supporting it, or Whitlock's just treating it as his baby.

dirk digler
03-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Anything else?

Is the rally still taking place?

I have no idea. Yesterday after JW quit they were saying the rally was still going on but there has been no mention of it.

If it is 610 isn't there or promoting it. We will see.

Mark M
03-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Also had posters who watched channel 5 news and didn't see that report...

I'm guessing those were posters over 60-years old ...

MM
~~:D

dirk digler
03-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Looks like Neil Jones has been taking ChiefsPlanet threads too seriously. We've had reputable posters who were watching NFL network all night last night and didn't see the report.

Also had posters who watched channel 5 news and didn't see that report. I hope Jones verified that story.

You never know maybe Neil is a regular here.

Phobia
03-02-2005, 01:24 PM
You never know maybe Neil is a regular here.

I assure you that most the sports personalities in KC are regulars here. We don't know who some of them are, but I think you'd be surprised.

Phobia
03-02-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm guessing those were posters over 60-years old ...

MM
~~:D

Are you saying you saw it?

dirk digler
03-02-2005, 01:28 PM
I assure you that most the sports personalities in KC are regulars here. We don't know who some of them are, but I think you'd be surprised.

Probably. Also Neil just said their guy out at Arrowhead has been talking to CP. I thought CP was supposed to be in Atlanta?

tomahawk kid
03-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Probably. Also Neil just said their guy out at Arrowhead has been talking to CP. I thought CP was supposed to be in Atlanta?

Cell phone, perhaps?

dirk digler
03-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Cell phone, perhaps?

If so I didn't take it as that it sounded like CP was at Arrowhead with the FA visitors. No big deal.

Mark M
03-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Are you saying you saw it?

Um ... no. But I'm sure go bo or some other old fart caught it right before the reruns of Matlock started.

MM
~~:shrug:

InChiefsHell
03-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Cell phone, perhaps?

GOTTA BE!! TECHNOLOGY ROCKS!! Did you know that you can also "log in" to a "computer" connected to the "internet" and send "Email"? Crazy world man...

dirk digler
03-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Um ... no. But I'm sure go bo or some other old fart caught it right before the reruns of Matlock started.

MM
~~:shrug:

How about the Golden Girls?

KCTitus
03-02-2005, 01:35 PM
That's a shame...about the rally. We need some on the spot rally coverage and the damned thing should be held at 1 arrowhead. The FO isnt at the plaza, they're at the stadium, duh!

Phobia
03-02-2005, 01:37 PM
That's a shame...about the rally. We need some on the spot rally coverage and the damned thing should be held at 1 arrowhead. The FO isnt at the plaza, they're at the stadium, duh!

610 doesn't make any money from a rally at the stadium.

dirk digler
03-02-2005, 01:37 PM

Is Arrowhead public or private property?

KCTitus
03-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Both very good points, but can you imagine the pub that 610 would get as genio...err...fans were carted off in paddy wagons for holding their rally?

dirk digler
03-02-2005, 01:51 PM
Both very good points, but can you imagine the pub that 610 would get as genio...err...fans were carted off in paddy wagons for holding their rally?

Just imagine what a FA like Hartwell would think when he opens the door and sees protesters in front of Arrowhead. I would think that would be a very short visit.

KCTitus
03-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Just imagine what a FA like Hartwell would think when he opens the door and sees protesters in front of Arrowhead. I would think that would be a very short visit.

Feh...what is the protest about? Signing FA's regardless of what it does to the cap. If anything Hartwell would appreciate the additional bargaining 'chip' as it were.

Baby Lee
03-02-2005, 01:58 PM
How about the Golden Girls?
Golden Girls = teh Gobo pron?

ROFL ROFL

dirk digler
03-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Feh...what is the protest about? Signing FA's regardless of what it does to the cap. If anything Hartwell would appreciate the additional bargaining 'chip' as it were.

True. I think the rally/protest was Whitlocks idea to get the Chiefs to sign Law and to promote his fat ass.

KCTitus
03-02-2005, 02:06 PM
True. I think the rally/protest was Whitlocks idea to get the Chiefs to sign Law and to promote his fat ass.

Agreed, although I think it's more about self promotion than Law. Hells bells, the guys still in wheelchair. Peterson didnt even give Holmes an extension until he had proved he could play. I would think it would be the height or irresponsibility to expect KC to sign him in given his current condition.