PDA

View Full Version : Official KU vs KSU Game Thread ..........

ROYC75
03-02-2005, 02:25 PM
OK Kitten fans, it marks the 50th anniverary of AFH, it opened 50 years ago vs KSU. It's Senior night, 29 straight games where KU has won. The last time you beat KU was in AFH.

Do ya like yur chances tonight ? Come clean, out with your feelings.

I look for KU to roll tonight, but I will say this ,stranger things have happened in the world before.

:KU: :thumb:

SBK
03-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Shouldn't this thread be ***OFFICIAL KU THRASHING KSU THREAD***?

ROFL

ChiTown
03-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Shouldn't this thread be ***OFFICIAL KU THRASHING KSU THREAD***?

ROFL

Most of the games in recent years have been fairly close in Lawrence. I think it was a 6 pt game last year.

Now, that said, I fully expect KU to win this game by 15+ points tonight. Lot's of emotion in Lawrence tonight, and very little left for KSU to play for. I'm hopeful for an entertaining game.

ROYC75
03-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Most of the games in recent years have been fairly close in Lawrence. I think it was a 6 pt game last year.

Now, that said, I fully expect KU to win this game by 15+ points tonight. Lot's of emotion in Lawrence tonight, and very little left for KSU to play for. I'm hopeful for an entertaining game.

I expect with the emotions being high, it will be decieded early.

Saulbadguy
03-02-2005, 02:35 PM
If KU shoots like they did on Sunday, we have no chance.

Lets just say if my 'Cats win tonight, it will be the biggest upset at AFH in the past 50 years. :)

Lzen
03-02-2005, 02:43 PM
If KU shoots like they did on Sunday, we have no chance.

Lets just say if my 'Cats win tonight, it will be the biggest upset at AFH in the past 50 years. :)

I don't know if it would be the biggest, but close. Anyhoo, here's an article on the seniors.

Published Wednesday, March 2, 2005

Senior success

KU's class of Miles, Langford, Simien, Lee is closing in on third straight Big 12 title

By Kevin Haskin
The Capital-Journal

LAWRENCE -- The stage, which just happens to be observing its 50th anniversary, is set.

The flowers, cut now in forever-fresh plastic, are prepared.

The speeches, though incomplete, are rehearsed.

All is part of Senior Night at Kansas.

"What better way to go out than on the arena's birthday and playing your in-state rival," said forward Wayne Simien, one of four KU seniors who will play their final games in Allen Fieldhouse tonight as Kansas State rolls in for an 8 p.m. renewal of the Sunflower Series.

The setup looks great.

The No. 7 Jayhawks are coming off their best game of the season, a thrilling 81-79 squeaker over Oklahoma State, which thrust Kansas (21-4, 11-3 Big 12) back into sole possession of the conference lead.

A win tonight assures KU of at least a share of the Big 12 title. Predicting against such an outcome comes with a mandatory drug test considering the Jayhawks are bidding for their 30th win in a row over K-State (15-10, 5-9).

Is it possible, however, the Jayhawks could overlook the Wildcats? Maybe even ponder some of the remarks they want to share with the crowd after the game?

"If they're worried about their speeches during the game, then we've got some serious issues," said KU coach Bill Self, noting the tough matchups presented by K-State, which battled KU to a 74-65 decision earlier this month in Manhattan.

Though it's not something Self should dwell on just yet, some serious issues may arise after this senior class -- Simien, Keith Langford, Aaron Miles and Michael Lee -- departs.

Together, they've compiled a .812 winning percentage by going 108-25, reached the Elite Eight each of the past three seasons, the Final Four twice and the national championship game once. They were part of Big 12 championship teams in 2002 and '03, with a third title guaranteed if they win tonight and at Missouri on Sunday.

This season, the seniors generate 59 percent of KU's points, 76 percent of its assists and 48 percent of its rebounds.

"Statistically, Keith's points, Aaron's assists and Wayne's points and rebounds are big," Self said. "Wayne would have had a chance to be a top-five scorer if he had not have gotten hurt, but his performance when he's been healthy has been outstanding.

"Certainly, those three have put up great numbers, but I don't think that is what they should be remembered for. I think that all four should be defined by winning. If you define a class by winning, then this class has to be one of the best that they have ever had here."

Their stats aren't bad, either.

Simien, indeed, will be remembered for his deft touch along the baseline, as well as his ability to seal off for rebounds. He is bidding to join former teammates Drew Gooden and Nick Collison among Jayhawks who averaged a double-double for a season.

Langford not ranks among the top-10 all-time scorers at KU, but will be remembered for his desire to take over in clutch situations.

Miles, who's missed just one start in his career, continues to pad his record as KU's all-time assists leader (923), and also ranks second all-time in steals (258).

As winners, the four seniors do not want the legacy of this class defined just yet. Work remains with another postseason approaching.

"I want to be like Danny Manning and win a (national) championship," said Miles, the all-time KU assists leader with 923. "I want everybody to look at us and think we did it, and we did it the right way, with class and heart and toughness, and we did it together. We're winners."

KANSAS STATE AT KANSAS

TIPOFF -- 8 p.m., Allen Fieldhouse, Lawrence.

RECORDS -- Kansas State 15-10, 5-9; Kansas 21-4, 11-3.

TV -- ESPN2, WIBW (13).

RADIO -- KMAJ-AM (1440), KDVV-FM (100.3), KQTP-FM (102.9).

SERIES -- Kansas leads 168-88.

LINE -- KU by 17.

NEXT GAMES -- Saturday: Nebraska at Kansas State, 12:30 p.m.; Sunday: Kansas at Missouri, 1 p.m.

PROBABLE STARTERS

Kansas State

P Player Ht. Cl. Pts. Reb.

F Jeremiah Massey 6-7 Sr. 17.6 6.9

F Cartier Martin 6-8 So. 10.7 4.9

G Lance Harris 6-5 So. 9.6 2.0

G Fred Peete 6-4 So. 13.4 4.7

G Clent Stewart 6-4 Fr. 5.4 2.2

Kansas

P Player Ht. Cl. Pts. Reb.

F Christian Moody 6-8 Jr. 6.4 4.8

F Wayne Simien 6-8 Sr. 19.2 10.8

G Keith Langford 6-4 Sr. 15.2 4.4

G Michael Lee 6-3 Sr. 3.9 1.4

G Aaron Miles 6-1 Sr. 9.2 3.6

Kevin Haskin can be reached at (785) 295-1159 or kevin.haskin@cjonline.com.

Link (http://hawkzone.cjonline.com/stories/030205/haw_seniors.shtml)

Lzen
03-02-2005, 02:46 PM

Fieldhouse is worth preserving

By Kurt Caywood
The Capital-Journal

John Gaunt is dean of architecture at The University of Kansas. Hundreds of times a year, he drives past Allen Fieldhouse.

Never does he look at it through the eyes of an architect.

"It's an icon that transcends building," Gaunt said. "It's got that very special aura."

As KU celebrates 50 years in its home on Naismith Drive, the arena also has its limitations. In an era when state-of-the-art translates to luxury suites, stadium clubs, creature comforts and multi-media entertainment, Allen Fieldhouse offers none of the above.

The closest thing to suites are the cramped offices crammed under the maze of stairwells. The richest donors have to walk across a parking lot to a student union for anything that resembles a lounge.

Creature comforts are a box of popcorn and a narrow seat on a wooden bleacher. Multi-media means Bob and Max on a transistor.

Such is life in a 50-year-old limestone building.

But just as Gaunt once worked for the company that made major changes to Notre Dame Stadium, architectural firms have, over the years, conceptualized and pitched plans that would update, enlarge and modernize Allen Fieldhouse.

None merited serious consideration, said university architect Warren Corman, who, early in his career, worked on the original fieldhouse drawings.

"A lot of times, they would donate drawings or designs," Corman said. "They were all too expensive and made no sense."

The problem is that Allen's past necessarily affects any plans for its future.

Because an indoor track once ringed the basketball court, the building has a long and relatively narrow footprint. Gradually, other structures have filled the space around it.

Several years ago, Rosser International, the Atlanta-based conglomerate that renovated Oklahoma State's Gallagher-Iba Arena talked with KU officials about adding concourses, seating and suites by expanding upward and outward on one end.

More recently and closer to home, Kansas City's HOK Sports+Venue+Event seriously considered the fieldhouse question at the request of former coach Roy Williams.

The idea Jim Swords, an HOK principal and project manager, and a group of fellow KU grads came up with was drastically different from previous concepts.

While Rosser's renovation at OSU created a new structure around Gallagher-Iba's existing interior, HOK's plan for Allen was to gut it completely, leaving only the steel and limestone shell, and build a new seating bowl that would be deeper and steeper than the original.

"You're building a ship in a bottle," Swords said.

That kind of renovation would use the extra space in the end zones for clubs and a limited number of luxury suites. It also would allow the installation of chair-backed seating throughout, wider concourses, bigger concession areas and improved access, exits and stairways.

"I tell everybody, you've got a 1955 Chevy there," Swords said. "What we're asking you to do is have airbags and ABS and do all the things a 2005 Chevy will do and still have it look like a 1955."

To make such changes though, they would ask the Jayhawks for more than it could afford. Not only would the cost be prohibitive, the timetable would mean closing the Fieldhouse for more than a year.

"People say, 'They could play at Kemper for one year,'" Swords said, "and I say, 'Yeah, right.'"

Which puts the school and the building right back in the present. And that's where they will stay. With HOK's help, KU plans about $16 million in improvements in the foreseeable future.

Between now and the beginning of next season, a two-story structure will be built along the length of the east side to house the new Hall of Athletics, a booster room and another smaller lounge.

Also, in coming months, the athletic department envisions a list of improvements that includes painting, cleaning, replacing the 50-year-old windows and installing new lighting, a new sound system and a new scoreboard with video capability.

"I've been to a lot of beautiful old houses that have been restored," athletic director Lew Perkins said. "That's my idea of what we're going to do. We're going to protect the integrity of Allen Fieldhouse. We're going to preserve the history and tradition."

The seats will still be hard and the space will still be cramped. It will still get steamy on unseasonably warm days, and it still won't offer suites where captains of industry can wheel and deal.

It'll still be Allen Fieldhouse, and that's the idea.

"You've got a building that's got weaknesses in some ways, but it's got strengths that other people would kill for," said Rosser International vice president Fred Krenson, who worked on Gallagher-Iba. "Don't try to fix something and end up breaking what you have that's great."

Kurt Caywood's column regularly appears Mondays, Fridays and Sundays.

He can be reached at (785) 295-1288 or kurt.caywood@cjonline.com.

Link (http://hawkzone.cjonline.com/stories/030205/haw_caywood.shtml)

Ari Chi3fs
03-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk :KU:

Vegas odds are: NO Chance in hell for Wildcats.

ROYC75
03-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Bump ........

ROYC75
03-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Done beat ya .......

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111140

Ari Chi3fs
03-02-2005, 03:55 PM
I see you bumped this... how did it fall off the first page?

Ignore my game thread MOJO then...

ROYC75
03-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah, some guy named Laz owes me rep.......

Ari Chi3fs
03-02-2005, 03:56 PM
KU by 56 tonight.

ROYC75
03-02-2005, 03:57 PM

Big day for football talk !

Lzen
03-02-2005, 03:57 PM

It fell off the first page cause it's the first day of NFL free agency. Duh.
:p

coach_L
03-02-2005, 04:01 PM
I actually K-State will beat the line, which 17 I think. KU's coming off an emotional game, and I know how hard it is to get psychologically ready after that.

Ari Chi3fs
03-02-2005, 04:02 PM
hell emotional? This is their LAST game EVER at AFH. That is as emotional as it gets. 50th anniversary!

OSU was unreal though. Man...

ROYC75
03-02-2005, 04:04 PM

Yep, bad MOJO to go with the 2nd thread instead of the 1st one.......

Bump ......

coach_L
03-02-2005, 04:04 PM
I think K-State will actually make a game of this. If Peete and Harris can knock in a few shots, plus Massey will play like he did late in Manhattan. Plus it's hard for a team to come off an emotional game like KU played on Sunday.

ROYC75
03-02-2005, 04:05 PM
It's not the last ever, it's being refurbished.

Saulbadguy
03-02-2005, 04:05 PM
It's not the last ever, it's being refurbished.
Its the Seniors last game at AFH.

Saulbadguy
03-02-2005, 04:07 PM
I think K-State will actually make a game of this. If Peete and Harris can knock in a few shots, plus Massey will play like he did late in Manhattan. Plus it's hard for a team to come off an emotional game like KU played on Sunday.
KSU always plays better in Lawrence. Quite the phenomenon. Last years game we lost by 6 points..but like everyone else has been saying, its Senior night and all that. It'll be tough.

Lzen
03-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Dick Vitale, ESPN

"It's one of the great college basketball venues in America. If you want to talk about the top five in the nation, certainly Lawrence would be in the top five, no doubt about it."

Fran Fraschilla, ESPN

"It's the basketball version of a cathedral. What I love for a building that holds 16,300, is the absolute intimacy. People are coming by bumping me all the time and right on the back of your neck. You've got to be focused. The fact it's 50 years old and there's no talk about building a new arena says everything you need to know."

Billy Packer, CBS

"In the context of college basketball, if you had a chance to be a four-year player, you wouldn't want it to pass without playing here. Just the tradition of this building and all the great players who came through here, plus the environment, where the fans are right on you, is what I like the most."

Fred White, Big 12 telecasts

"It's just a delightful place to go to a ballgame. You sit there with a great crowd, you've got the best seat in the house and you're thinking, 'Where else would I rather be right now than sitting right here?' I've been fortunate that I've been all over the country doing games, and I've just never seen a better arena."

BigVE
03-02-2005, 04:08 PM

HOW? Some guys try really hard to be the "official" thread starter on a given day, this one was probably started PRETTY early! ;)

I can only wish that one day i will be able to "officially" start a thread...sigh. :)

Saulbadguy
03-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Billy Packer, CBS

"In the context of college basketball, if you had a chance to be a four-year player, you wouldn't want it to pass without playing here. Just the tradition of this building and all the great players who came through here, plus the environment, where the fans are right on you, is what I like the most."

What a hack. Heh.

Lzen
03-02-2005, 04:10 PM
KSU always plays better in Lawrence. Quite the phenomenon. Last years game we lost by 6 points..but like everyone else has been saying, its Senior night and all that. It'll be tough.

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of the past several years that KSU has played a better game at Allen than at Bramlege.

ROYC75
03-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Its the Seniors last game at AFH.

Yea, my bad, I was thinking AFH !

Lzen
03-02-2005, 04:13 PM

By Kevin Haskin
The Capital-Journal

Traditionalists at Kansas, don't be alarmed, but one ritual just hasn't been the same for years now.

It doesn't seem right to tell a coach to sit down if it isn't Norm.

Back in his days prowling the Missouri sideline, Norm Stewart didn't want to sit down. The less comfortable he felt when visiting Kansas, the better.

But all along, he was having a good time and conveyed the same message to his players. That bench where KU fans wanted him to park his fanny was occupied by Stewart 32 times -- more than any opposing coach who ever brought teams to Allen Fieldhouse.

And from that vantage point, Stewart saw, and heard, it all.

"It was a great place to play," Stewart said. "You make your places have a feel about 'em.

"And I told my players, 'You're probably going to play your best basketball at home, but this is a place that's going to bring out the best in you.' If it doesn't, there's something wrong with you. And we usually got pretty good effort when we played over there."

Stewart was one of the first to give that effort.

During his All-America season as a Mizzou senior in 1955-56, Stewart played in Allen. It was the first full season KU played in its new home and the last season the building's namesake, Phog Allen, served as the Jayhawks coach. Missouri won that game, a year after it triumphed in Hoch Auditorium to end a 33-game homecourt winning streak for KU.

Stewart spurned a recruiting pitch by Allen. Yet the legendary KU coach never held it against Stewart.

"Doc Allen was always so good to me, and I think it always upset some of the KU people," Stewart said. "We'd go over there and play and he'd always have something nice to say, and I'd treasure that because he was such a great coach.

"For some reason, I had two or three other people, like Mr. Iba and Branch McCracken, who were always nice to me. I must have been like an old pup and had some cockleburs on me, because they were always nice."

Norm, of course, didn't always come across as warm, fuzzy, or even house-broken. Over 32 seasons (1967-99) as Mizzou's coach, he was 11-21 against the Jayhawks in Lawrence.

That doesn't seem great considering Stewart was 634-333 all-time with the Tigers, but you won't find another coach who has beaten KU as many times in Allen Fieldhouse.

Several games Stewart coached in served as backdrops to great KU moments -- the night Bud Stallworth scored 50 points in 1972 ... the cap guns saluting Steve Stipanovich in 1981, poking fun at the MU star's fabrication of a gunshot wound ... the gathering of almost 300 former KU players and coaches for the 100th-year basketball reunion in 1998.

It only seems fitting that KU keep Norm connected. During a recent fund-raising trip, KU athletic director Lew Perkins and chief fund-raiser John Hadl dropped in on Stewart in Palm Springs for a round of golf.

Over 18 holes, the conversation never touched on the need for KU to build a new arena.

"Everybody's talking about having these nice new places so they can recruit," Stewart said. "We had old Brewer Fieldhouse and I always said, 'If I could recruit, I could win all the games, because people who came into Brewer, they didn't know how to breathe dust.' You had to acquire that to play there."

Brewer gave way in 1972 to the Hearnes Center, which was vacated at the end of last season for Mizzou Arena. Meanwhile, KU still plays in Allen Fieldhouse.

"Each time you change, it takes a period of time to adjust to that change," Stewart said, "You got the boxes and all the things they're putting in today, but if you can keep (a facility) up, I'm a traditionalist. I don't like to see too many changes.

"You ever go play the Old Course in Scotland? There's a thing on the scorecard that says they're real slow to change. The last change they made was 46 years ago. I like that kind of thing, because it gives you a great feeling for the game. Basketball is a great game, and of course KU had Doc Allen, and (James) Naismith has some roots there. A lot of the traditions, eventually they'll go, but you hate to see them go."

Like telling Norm to sit down.

Kevin Haskin has covered Kansas and Kansas State athletics since 1989.

He can be reached at (785) 295-1159 or kevin.haskin@cjonline.com.

Link (http://hawkzone.cjonline.com/stories/030205/haw_norm.shtml)

Bearcat
03-02-2005, 04:15 PM
I actually K-State will beat the line, which 17 I think. KU's coming off an emotional game, and I know how hard it is to get psychologically ready after that.

I don't expect a big blowout, because that's not what they do.... however...... if someone told me they would have a hard time getting up in Columbia (assuming they were on a winning streak), I'd almost buy it. Sure, we'll have the motivation of Gannonizing their Super Bowl, but I'd understand the emotional let down. OTOH, I don't see it tonight...... at home, Senior night, 50th anniversary.... OSU is forgotten. Tonight's game could give them a hangover. IMO.

ENDelt260
03-02-2005, 04:17 PM
810 just said there's a small fire in one of the concession stands.

ROYC75
03-02-2005, 04:21 PM
810 just said there's a small fire in one of the concession stands.

Burnt kitty ?

Saulbadguy
03-02-2005, 04:27 PM
“When the Philistine arose and came and drew near to meet David, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet the Philistine. And David put his hand in his bag and took out a stone, and slung it, and struck the Philistine on his forehead; the stone sank into his forehead, and he fell on his face to the ground. So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone.”

- 1 Samuel 17:48-50

Saulbadguy
03-02-2005, 04:27 PM
:D
http://members.cox.net/praguian/ksu_david_goliath.jpg

Bearcat
03-02-2005, 04:51 PM
:D

If only he had a lavender jersey...

Alec R
03-02-2005, 04:52 PM
You wish Saul.

Bearcat
03-02-2005, 04:53 PM
You wish Saul.

Only on even-numbered days.

Saulbadguy
03-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Burnt kitty ?
Some idiot put a box of chips or something on a warmer, and..well, it caught fire.

Saulbadguy
03-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Only on even-numbered days.
I'm not DenFan38. (Orangemane joke for Alec..)

ROYC75
03-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Come game time, III will be on the pc in the family room, I'll be too busy watching the game.

Until then, how can we blast these kittens back to West Lawrence.

WilliamTheIrish
03-02-2005, 06:24 PM
The streak ends tonight. KSU wins.

I just have a feeling. No evidence to support it.

But tonight, KSU ends it at 29.

Coach
03-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Interesting. Muarice Cheeks fired as a Trailblazer HC, and Kevin Pritchard, a graduate of KU, is currently the interim HC.

Just thought I'd throw that out for some KU folks.

Spott
03-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Interesting. Muarice Cheeks fired as a Trailblazer HC, and Kevin Pritchard, a graduate of KU, is currently the interim HC.

Just thought I'd throw that out for some KU folks.

So does that mean Cheeks is coming to MU after Snyder goes to the Nuggets? ;)

Coach
03-02-2005, 07:24 PM
I know the KU game isn't till 8, but the Texas A&M and OSU is a good one, but officiating has been horrible on this game.

royr17
03-02-2005, 07:33 PM
GT is in front of Wake by 5 points, it was 11, Wake made a run.

Now it's a 8 point GT lead

royr17
03-02-2005, 07:36 PM
GT up by 6 on Wake, at one time it was 11 points

SnapDogg
03-02-2005, 07:40 PM
“When Big Dub arose and came and drew near to meet PowerPu$$, PP ran quickly toward the FF line to avoid the pressure. And PP raised his hands over his head to cast the stone, and slung it, and it struck iron with a clank; Big Dub grabbed the rock with one swoop & fired a 3/4 court pass to Aaron who immediatly threw the alley oop to Moody for a jam & a 25 point Hawk win, and PP fell on his face to the ground. So the Seniors prevailed over the PP'zz with the perfect outlet pass & the alley oop JAM!

- 1 Snapper 7:45 3/2/05

SnapDogg
03-02-2005, 07:56 PM
parents being presented flowes, Max sez cheerleaderz will be wearing 50's outfitz.

SnapDogg
03-02-2005, 07:56 PM
f-l-o-w-e-r-zzzzzzzz

SnapDogg
03-02-2005, 07:57 PM
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK BABY, LETZ GET IT ON!

royr17
03-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Miles for 3, GOOD

WilliamTheIrish
03-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Godammit ESPN2!!!!!!

I'm watching as they switch from OSU/aTm and then BAM!..
Program not available in your area.

Having cable at the hospital sucks.

I'm going to need time and score updates...

F*cking FCC.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 08:16 PM
I gots to get me one of these throwbacks.

Coach
03-02-2005, 08:16 PM
15-9 KU lead, with 13 to go in the first half.

Alec R
03-02-2005, 08:20 PM
17-14 'Hawks

WilliamTheIrish
03-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Thanks for hooking me up coach...

I don't know who has the cable contract in downtown KCMO, but they suck...

DJay23
03-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Moving the ball well on O. Getting the ball inside, just missing a lot of point blank shots.

Coach
03-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Thanks for hooking me up coach...

I don't know who has the cable contract in downtown KCMO, but they suck...

Have you checked KCTV5 or Time Warner channel? Or one of the ESPN +?

17-14, KU. KSU keeping up good so far.

WilliamTheIrish
03-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Jesus. aTm gave OK. St. a hella game.

That friggin' Gillespie is going to be a handful for the rest of the league.

Coach
03-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Jesus. aTm gave OK. St. a hella game.

That friggin' Gillespie is going to be a handful for the rest of the league.

I agree. I think Tx A&M got snubbed though. Officiating was really questionable at best.

Coach
03-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Ouch...

Mizzou 26
Iowa St. 42.

WilliamTheIrish
03-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Have you checked KCTV5 or Time Warner channel? Or one of the ESPN +?

17-14, KU. KSU keeping up good so far.

Yep. KCTV 5 is showing regular programming. ESPN had the game, but blacked it out on the cable system here after about 6 seconds. I'm in a hospital so the channel selection is limited.

Glad I didn't have a brick.

Coach
03-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Yep. KCTV 5 is showing regular programming. ESPN had the game, but blacked it out on the cable system here after about 6 seconds. I'm in a hospital so the channel selection is limited.

Glad I didn't have a brick.

Heh, sorry to hear.

20-14 KU with 9:20

Bill Self really going at it aganist the officals.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Kaun needs some work on that little tear drop hi/lo pass if they are going to continue to run it.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Verticality?

Coach
03-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Kaun needs some work on that little tear drop hi/lo pass if they are going to continue to run it.

Hi-Lo = overrated.

Motion = excellent.

20-16 KU 8:00 to go.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Need to get refocused offensively. Before we were moving the ball well, getting good looks inside. Now we're settling for quick 3's.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Hi-Lo = overrated.

Motion = excellent.

20-16 KU 8:00 to go.
I agree, but unfortunately I don't coach at KU.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 08:31 PM
I agree, but unfortunately I don't coach at KU.
Curiously, I wonder how many teams have won national titles running the hi/lo.

Coach
03-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Still 20-16 KU lead. 6:50 to go in the 1st.

Edit, make it 22-18.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Horrible shooting by KU.

Alec R
03-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Horrible shooting by KU.
Better now than last Sunday :)

Coach
03-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Horrible shooting by KU.

KSU isn't any better as well. 22-20 with 4:40 to go.

Coach
03-02-2005, 08:41 PM
24-20, 3:30 in the 1st half.

Very sloppy offense by both teams.

WilliamTheIrish
03-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Man, now it's getting busy...

Grrrrrr....

I'll be back...

Are both squads wearing throwbacks?

DJay23
03-02-2005, 08:42 PM
KSU isn't any better as well. 22-20 with 4:40 to go.
K-State = 47%
KU = 45%

IMO the zone is not limiting the good looks, just slowing down the tempo. When the shots are there, they just aren't falling.

Coach
03-02-2005, 08:43 PM

Grrrrrr....

I'll be back...

KU, yes. KSU, I would seem to think so, since they are donning purple ones that they used to wear in the late 80's to 90's. Not sure if they currently wear those away purple jerseys.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 08:43 PM

Grrrrrr....

I'll be back...

Only KU (mercifully)

Coach
03-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Holy shit, Giddens actually made a 3!

27-24.

DJay23
Did I just see that?

SnapDogg
I've got direct TV, & can't get THE GO_DAMN GAME ON ESPN2! WTF?

Alec R
03-02-2005, 08:45 PM
I like those throwbacks a lot.

DJay23
Drop it like it's hot J.R.

Alec R
Finally Giddens hits one. First Ive noticed tonight (though I was in a conversation for half of the first half). LEE HITS A THREE!

Coach
03-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Giddens feeling it. Made a J off the dribble. Lee bombs a 3. 32-24

Alec R
03-02-2005, 08:48 PM
32-26 at the half

Coach
03-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Sloppy decisionmaking to try to take the last shot by KU.

32-26 KU, halftime.

DJay23
Why the hell can't Miles run the O with the shot clock running down? He's always waiting way too long to start his move, then gets into trouble and either forces a bad shot or gets tied up.

What year is Massey? You think he might like to "transfer up?" :hmmm:

SnapDogg
Again I've got Direct TV and can't get the game on ESPN2, WTF?
I even bought Full Court earlier this year so I could watch the hawk games that weren't televised, I'm sure this game was listed as being available.
I saw a week or so ago that ESPN2 was showing it so though no big deal I paid extra but at least I'm getting to watch the Hawks Senior night vs. KSU..........WRONG.............GDI, GDI, GDI, GDI!
I called DTV, something about blacking out my area, FUC-EVERYBODY IN THE COUNTRY GETS ESPN2!
I never said phuck so much in my life over the phone to this guy...........two things in my life you don't phuck with- KU basketball & Chiefs football!
They can take this DirectTV & stick it up their a$$!

Coach
03-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Missouri 40
Iowa St 63

4:10 2nd

Alec R
03-02-2005, 08:55 PM
I even bought Full Court earlier this year so I could watch the hawk games that weren't televised, I'm sure this game was listed as being available.
I saw a week or so ago that ESPN2 was showing it so though no big deal I paid extra but at least I'm getting to watch the Hawks Senior night vs. KSU..........WRONG.............GDI, GDI, GDI, GDI!
I called DTV, something about blacking out my area, FUC-EVERYBODY IN THE COUNTRY GETS ESPN2!
I never said phuck so much in my life over the phone to this guy...........two things in my life you don't phuck with- KU basketball & Chiefs football!

Wierd. I got it on ESPN2 but not ESPN Full Court so I understand why its not on there but I dont get why its not being broadcast nationally.

I got assed out on part of a Denver game last year too because Direct TV and local stations conflicting in their broadcasts.

If I pay for it, BROADCAST IT. F*ckers.

royr17
03-02-2005, 08:56 PM

That doesn't sound right, we have DTV in KY, we get it, but they didn't switch us over until the OSU game was over.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Half time stats:

KU K-State
Points 32 26
Field Goals 14-29, 48% 10-23, 43%
FT's 0-0 6-6, 100%
3's 4-10, 40% 2-7, 28%
Off Reb 4 1
Def Reb 5 9
Total Reb 9 10
Assists 3 3
Blocks 0 0
Steals 2 1
Turnovers 4 5

Massey - 10 pts, 2 reb, 2 asst
Langford - 7 pts, 1 asst
Simien - 4 pts, 6 reb, 1 asst

royr17
03-02-2005, 08:57 PM
So far so good, we need to take control of this game after the half.

A good 10 -15 point run would do.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Wierd. I got it on ESPN2 but not ESPN Full Court so I understand why its not on there but I dont get why its not being broadcast nationally.

I got assed out on part of a Denver game last year too because Direct TV and local stations conflicting in their broadcasts.

If I pay for it, BROADCAST IT. F*ckers.
I get it in PA.

In fact, I almost bought ESPN fullcourt, until I realized most KU games are televized here either on ESPN or CBS/ABC. I think I've seen all or most of at least 75% of the games

SnapDogg
03-02-2005, 09:01 PM
They switched, I saw about 5 seconds then the damn thing went blank & sez not available in my area.
Like I said, EVERYBODY GETZ GD ESPN2!

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:02 PM
I get it in PA.

In fact, I almost bought ESPN fullcourt, until I realized most KU games are televized here either on ESPN or CBS/ABC. I think I've seen all or most of at least 75% of the games

I got about 50% of the games locally shown but my brother lives here and is OSU fan and there werent many OSU games so we ordered Full Court to catch them all.

Oh and might as well check out some of those other conference games too.

SnapDogg
I'm about ready to stroke out............If a direct TV exec was near me & I had a fillet knife I'd gut the basturd!

DJay23
So far so good, we need to take control of this game after the half.

A good 10 -15 point run would do.
That little spurt at the end of the half should help.

I think on offense keep doing what you're doing. They are getting the ball into the zone, Simien is just missing a lot of the shots he normally makes. Langford is also getting some shots inside the zone. When they settle for passing it around the zone and then shooting over the top (which is what a zone is designed to do) K-State has us where they want us. Get it in to BIG DUB!

DJay23
03-02-2005, 09:03 PM
I got about 50% of the games locally shown but my brother lives here and is OSU fan and there werent many OSU games so we ordered Full Court to catch them all.

Oh and might as well check out some of those other conference games too.
I think the lack of hockey has greatly helped our Jayhawk watching this year.

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:04 PM
I think the lack of hockey has greatly helped our Jayhawk watching this year.

Probably, and thank god. Hockey sucks.

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Cant believe no foul on Simien on that play.

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:07 PM
WOOO

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Another double double for Simien

DJay23
03-02-2005, 09:08 PM
amen

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Lee hits another three. 38-30 KU

DJay23
03-02-2005, 09:09 PM
I wish we could turn it on and bury one of the suck ass conference opponents for once.

Coach
Lee hits another three. 28-20 KU

You meant to say 38-30

Alec R
KSU falling apart.

If you listen carefully, you can hear Saul's heart break once again :)

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:10 PM
You meant to say 38-30
Yeah, lights are off and Im using a laptop so numbers are tricky :)

DJay23
The sutdents never sit down, Ron. Jeez, how many thousand games have you done here, and you haven't noticed that?

Alec R
30-40 KU

Coach
03-02-2005, 09:12 PM
KU feeling it now, 42-30.

chiefs4me
03-02-2005, 09:13 PM

Wash your mouth out boy...:harumph:

DJay23
03-02-2005, 09:13 PM
KU feeling it now, 42-30.
Hey! Stop jinxing us!

DJay23
03-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Wash your mouth out boy...:harumph:
Hockey would be soooo much better if it were played by nordic supermodels.

in a jacuzzi

with lots of lotion.

and my hockey stick and puck.

Coach
03-02-2005, 09:18 PM
45-35 KU lead.

chiefs4me
03-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Hockey would be soooo much better if it were played by nordic supermodels.

in a jacuzzi

with lots of lotion.

and my hockey stick and puck.

Oh I agree..as long as those supermodels you speak of are men....;)

SnapDogg
03-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Thank God for radio free S.E. Cansuz!

DJay23
03-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Oh I agree..as long as those supermodels you speak of are men....;)
is there such a thing as a male supermodel? if so, that is f'sho not what i meant. :Lin:

chiefs4me
03-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Anybody seen Skip?

DJay23
03-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Horrible call.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 09:29 PM
I'm sick of us playing down to the level of these crappy teams.

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Big Dub is unstoppable on that short post turn around jumper.

WilliamTheIrish
03-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Time. Score. Foul situation. ????

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:34 PM
9:02 51-41 KU dont know about the fouls.

Coach

51-41 KU

8:40 2nd

DJay23
under 9
51-41 KU
Moody on the bench with 4 fouls.

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:35 PM
KU ball, good passing, missed 3 pointer but used a lot of time.

WilliamTheIrish
03-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Thanks lads...

DJay23
03-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Galindo into the game.

Massey looks like CSI's Warrick Brown.

Alec R
Giddens nails a 3.

Coach
Giddens, 3!

WilliamTheIrish
JC!! I just checked the Yahoo game reset.
KU has 8 team fouls?

Take it in to Massey every time down...

every time..

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Lee taes it to the hole and gets it blocked, good effort though.

TV Time out, 54-44 KU, 7 and some change to play.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 09:38 PM
JC!! I just checked the Yahoo game reset.
KU has 8 team fouls?

Take it in to Massey every time down...

every time..
He's been shut down in the second half. I think he just scored his first field goal a minute (game mintue) ago.

WilliamTheIrish
03-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Still breathing....

Just have to hammer it into Mass and see if he can can carry us or get to the FT line.

Wouldn't hurt if we'd hit a frappin trey down the stretch.

WilliamTheIrish
03-02-2005, 09:40 PM
He's been shut down in the second half. I think he just scored his first field goal a minute (game mintue) ago.

OIC.

Damn. Bad time to be 2-11 from 3ball.

KU is 9-18. That's just not like them..

Alec R
Miles hits the jumper and is fouled.

DJay23
Wish I could be there for the senior speeches.

I was in the house for Senior day '97. Got to see Vaughn and Pollard, and Haase.

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Miles sinks the FT. ten point game still.

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Simien at the line.

DJay23
OIC.

Damn. Bad time to be 2-11 from 3ball.

KU is 9-18. That's just not like them..
They'd be wise to go in to him with Moody on the bench.

Alec R
Big Dub with 20 points. 59-49 KU.

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:44 PM
They'd be wise to go in to him with Moody on the bench.

And Simien with 3 fouls now.

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Aww, in and out on Simien turn around J

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Moody back in, Simien back at the line for 1 and 1. Sinks the first one...and the second one.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Moody back in at 4:45
Simien with a poair at the line. LEad is 10.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 09:47 PM
State has shot a LOT of air balls tonight.

Alec R
Simien fouled again. 61-51.

WilliamTheIrish
In the double bonus and Peete's jacking treys?

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Simien knocks both of em down again.

Dude is just money.

SnapDogg
I wish I could see the cheerleaders (female) 50's skirts............ON TV!

DJay23
Moody's gone

Alec R
Moody fouls out.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 09:50 PM
I wish I could see the cheerleaders (female) 50's skirts............ON TV!
Gratuitous ankle exposure.

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:51 PM
There are those 50s skirts for ya.

ROYC75
03-02-2005, 09:51 PM
WS is on a mission for a championship.

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Another minute or so and I think we will start hearing the chant.

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Steal! Langford fouled by Harris.

Spicy McHaggis
03-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Simien, much respect to you. Every time I watch this guy never ceases to amaze.

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Perfect from the line tonight (mostly because of Dub)

Skip Towne
03-02-2005, 09:55 PM
This is like taking candy from a baby.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 09:56 PM
12 point lead 1:44 to go.

Freekofnature
Come on ROCK CHOKES!!!

CHOKE IT!!!!

DJay23
Anyone else sad to see team manager Shannon go?

Alec R
03-02-2005, 09:58 PM
<EMBED src="http://www.ljworld.com/specials/ku_traditions_2002/rock_chalk_chant.mp3" autostart=true hidden=true>
ROOOOOCK CHAAAAAALK JAAAAYHAAAWK

DJay23
Come on ROCK CHOKES!!!

CHOKE IT!!!!
Isn't it past your bedtime?

Alec R
Come on ROCK CHOKES!!!

CHOKE IT!!!!

Eat shit.

Freekofnature
03-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Isn't it past your bedtime?
O damn you really did a number on me on that one.

What are you? the dictionary of overused smacks?

Freekofnature
03-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Eat shit.
Screw you stupid ass. :)

Alec R
03-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Screw you stupid ass. :)

Go talk shit about me behind my back at the Mane bitch, you cant hang toe to toe.

WilliamTheIrish
03-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Freekofnature
Come on ROCK CHOKES!!!

CHOKE IT!!!!

Where'd this f*ckwit come from?

DJay23
03-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Go talk shit about me behind my back at the Mane bitch, you cant hang toe to toe.
Let's stop feeding the troll. It will go away if we don't bite at his oh so clever chides.

Freekofnature
03-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Too bad I dont talk shit behind your back.

Too bad I cant hang toe to toe in internet smacking. Im so offended. I admire your internet steel balls too.

Short on weed supply?

DJay23
03-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Rock Chalk Chant going strong.

Alec R
03-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Too bad I dont talk shit behind your back.

Too bad I cant hang toe to toe in internet smacking. Im so offended. I admire your internet steel balls too.

Short on weed supply?

You would admire my balls fag.

Coach
03-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Sorry about that I wasn't able to update the time and scores WTI, had a phone call that I had to take. 72-62 KU w/ 11 seconds.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Chant of "THank you Seniors"

Awesome

WilliamTheIrish
That's cool coach.... I appreciate the effort.

It got busy for a spell here at work, and the other lads pitched in too.

30 straight...

Freekofnature
You would admire my balls fag.
LMFAO!!!

Good one from the great toe to toe smack talker.

How about more of those great smack talk ya big mouthed baby.

ROFL

ROYC75
03-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Nice win guys.

DJay23
Too bad they can't broadcast the senior speeches. Have to catch 'em on the replay at kusports.com in the morning.

WilliamTheIrish
LMFAO!!!

ROFL

I'm not a mod, but I'd be obliged to have them remove you from this site.

It's up to you.

Saulbadguy
Congrats fellas...Seniors really got it done tonight against us. Simien..what can you say about him...man.

Looking forward to next years matchup already. :ksu:

Freekofnature
03-02-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm not a mod, but I'd be obliged to have them remove from this site.

It's up to you.
Im suddenly a troll because I root against ROck Chokes?

You are fricking killing me.

DJay23
03-02-2005, 10:11 PM
LMFAO!!!

ROFL
It's one thing to be a bitch in real life. It takes a special breed of pussy to be an internet bitch.

WilliamTheIrish
03-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Damn. In the bonus with 8+ to play and the game right there to be taken.
Good Bye Wooly.

Hello James Dickey.(I hope)

SnapDogg
03-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Well, I got to watch the first 5 seconds & the last 5 seconds of tonights game on E-S-P-N-2, thankx Direct TV...............PHUCK YOU!
But, I can listen to the seniors on the free radio.....

Freekofnature
03-02-2005, 10:29 PM
It's one thing to be a bitch in real life. It takes a special breed of pussy to be an internet bitch.
I come back from the crash and this is what I get?

I expected much better than that.

But it was stupid of me to expect much from you anyway.

OldTownChief
03-02-2005, 10:34 PM
Congrats fellas...Seniors really got it done tonight against us. Simien..what can you say about him...man.

Looking forward to next years matchup already. :ksu:

Not looking forward to going without the Seniors next season.

Ari Chi3fs
03-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Not looking forward to going without the Seniors next season.

Dont worry, we will have the Junior leadership of JR Clankens.

Skip Towne
03-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Damn. In the bonus with 8+ to play and the game right there to be taken.
Good Bye Wooly.

Hello James Dickey.(I hope)
Game right there to be taken....Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... that's hilarious even for you.

WilliamTheIrish
03-03-2005, 12:54 AM
Game right there to be taken....Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... that's hilarious even for you.

I can see how you wouldn't like that statement. But it's the truth. KSU was in the bonus at the 9:00 minute mark of the 2nd half. At that time KSU was within 7 on 3 different occasions.

Rebounds were a draw (34-32 KU) FT's were a draw. 17-20 (KU) 18-23 (KSU) FG% was 40% vs 43%

That game was ripe to be plucked.

You can run your mouth though. You won.

Saulbadguy
03-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Hard to swallow "moral victories", but hopefully the days of losing by 20+ and even 10+ are over. The last 4 games have been decided by less than 10 points, and they have actually been pretty good games.

CosmicPal
03-03-2005, 08:13 AM
I thought it was a sluggish game. No way KU should have had the lead they did, the way they played.

I know this much is true- if KU doesn't learn to penetrate the zone and improve its' outside shooting, they are going to have a very short stint in the March Madness run.

ChiTown
03-03-2005, 08:28 AM
Hard to swallow "moral victories", but hopefully the days of losing by 20+ and even 10+ are over. The last 4 games have been decided by less than 10 points, and they have actually been pretty good games.

fug that.

It's time to start winning. This is beyond embarrassing at this point. Even our fans are resolved to the fate of "keeping it close". That attitude is BS. It's win or die time. This Program used to have some backbone and honor. Now, we're down to "no more blowout's". Pathetic.

The only teams in the B12 that haven't beat KU in recent years:
Baylor
TX A & M
KSU

Skip Towne
03-03-2005, 08:31 AM
I can see how you wouldn't like that statement. But it's the truth. KSU was in the bonus at the 9:00 minute mark of the 2nd half. At that time KSU was within 7 on 3 different occasions.

Rebounds were a draw (34-32 KU) FT's were a draw. 17-20 (KU) 18-23 (KSU) FG% was 40% vs 43%

That game was ripe to be plucked.

You can run your mouth though. You won.
It may have looked close to you but it didn't to me. It kept bouncing between 7 and 14 points. You gotta remember it's K-State we were playing. I think Saul refers to those type of teams as ankle biters.

HC_Chief
03-03-2005, 08:32 AM
Baylor knocked off one of Roy's better teams a couple of years ago. :D

Kind of a sloppy game last night, but a win is a win. :KU:

ROYC75
03-03-2005, 08:32 AM
I thought the kittens did a valid job of keeping the game close. There were 2 streches where KU stepped it up and KSU falterd. Just before the half and about 2 minutes in the 2nd half, KU took control of the game , up like 12 points. KSU cut it to a few, but KU stepped it out again, the final score seems to tell people it was close in the end, in reality, it really wasn't. KU was up by 13 points with a minute to play, KSU scored the last 6 points in the last minute , where KU missed FT's.

But a valid effort on the Kittens of West Lawrence.

ChiTown
03-03-2005, 08:54 AM
Baylor knocked off one of Roy's better teams a couple of years ago. :D

Kind of a sloppy game last night, but a win is a win. :KU:

:banghead:

Great, then it's just A & M and KSU as the only teams unable to knock off the worlds greatest teams of all-time. The only problem with that, is that aTm will be playing in the post season (either NCAA or NIT). KSU needs a fuggn miracle to get to the NIT :mad:

HC_Chief
03-03-2005, 08:55 AM
Look at the bright side Chi, at least this means you'll get a new HC :)

ChiTown
03-03-2005, 08:56 AM
I thought the kittens did a valid job of keeping the game close. There were 2 streches where KU stepped it up and KSU falterd. Just before the half and about 2 minutes in the 2nd half, KU took control of the game , up like 12 points. KSU cut it to a few, but KU stepped it out again, the final score seems to tell people it was close in the end, in reality, it really wasn't. KU was up by 13 points with a minute to play, KSU scored the last 6 points in the last minute , where KU missed FT's.

But a valid effort on the Kittens of West Lawrence.

That game was not close at all down the stretch. KU played a bad game and still handled us with ease. I genuinely wish they would have whacked us by 20 pts so Wooly fans couldn't use the "we're closing the gap" bs.

HC_Chief
03-03-2005, 08:58 AM
That game was not close at all down the stretch. KU played a bad game and still handled us with ease. I genuinely wish they would have whacked us by 20 pts so Wooly fans couldn't use the "we're closing the gap" bs.

Wooly fans? I don't know any... and my wife's family is mostly KSU alumni. I also have a lot of KSU alumni/fans on my side of the family... to a person, they want him gone.

Skip Towne
03-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Look at the bright side Chi, at least this means you'll get a new HC :)
I read in the Star yesterday that 70% of the fans want to give Wooly another year. I voted a few times myself.

HC_Chief
03-03-2005, 09:01 AM
I read in the Star yesterday that 70% of the fans want to give Wooly another year. I voted a few times myself.

WTF? :spock:
The guy is 10 games UNDER .500. He has had more than enough time to recruit and "build" a program. I guess if they are content with "just football" (which, btw, hasn't been going too well as of late...)

ChiTown
03-03-2005, 09:08 AM
WTF? :spock:
The guy is 10 games UNDER .500. He has had more than enough time to recruit and "build" a program. I guess if they are content with "just football" (which, btw, hasn't been going too well as of late...)

NO!

You need 6 maybe even 7 years to build a Program with absolutely NO tradition. I mean, just ask Billy Gillespie...................
:rolleyes:

Chi
~is happy he's not around loaded weapons or sharp objects today

Bearcat
03-03-2005, 09:20 AM
Dont worry, we will have the Junior leadership of JR Clankens.

Just what he needs... more pressure :(

I love March.

It's the time of year you forget about past failures, and start getting more and more excited as each game approaches. Time to get past Mizzou, win a couple in the little tournament, and then move on to what really matters :toast:

HC_Chief
03-03-2005, 09:22 AM
JR had a good game last night. He has REALLY stepped up his defensive play.... that was what was really bothering me during his shooting slump: he'd clang, then wouldn't hustle on D. If you're going to miss shots, you had BETTER bust your ass defending and rebounding; or like Packer (prickface jaggof) said, you're worthless to the team.

ROYC75
03-03-2005, 09:26 AM
It's time for it all to come together now, no more pussy ball.

And that is no refrence to the Kittens.

I want our team to jell right now, tough D, good inside out ball movement and open 3's. Minimal turnovers and no foul trouble, keep the other team from the line.....

I want it all to come together..... ( can hear the music in the background now, Come Together,right now .... )

Saulbadguy
03-03-2005, 10:13 AM
fug that.

It's time to start winning. This is beyond embarrassing at this point. Even our fans are resolved to the fate of "keeping it close". That attitude is BS. It's win or die time. This Program used to have some backbone and honor. Now, we're down to "no more blowout's". Pathetic.

The only teams in the B12 that haven't beat KU in recent years:
Baylor
TX A & M
KSU
Exactly. Thats why I said "hard to swallow". I believe if we had a different coach, we'd be sitting around 18-20 wins.

Beating KU is secondary to me, IMO. Having a winning program, and making the NCAA is primary.

Lzen
03-03-2005, 11:11 AM
For Snapdogg or whoever it was that wanted to see the 50s cheerleader outfits.

http://www.cjonline.com/photos/galleries/030305_kuksumbb/images/05.jpg

Lzen
03-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Ok, what the heck is going on? Is the IMG tag not working or what?

Lzen
03-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Okay, I'll do this a different way.

ChiTown
03-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Exactly. Thats why I said "hard to swallow". I believe if we had a different coach, we'd be sitting around 18-20 wins.

Beating KU is secondary to me, IMO. Having a winning program, and making the NCAA is primary.

IMO, if we start beating KU, we'll have our winning Program.

Our keynote victories this year are beating a .500 MU team 2x, and a bad ISU team at the time we faced them. That's PATHETIC!

WilliamTheIrish
03-03-2005, 11:37 AM
IMO, if we start beating KU, we'll have our winning Program.

Our keynote victories this year are beating a .500 MU team 2x, and a bad ISU team at the time we faced them. That's PATHETIC!

Exactly.

To get to the top 4 spots in the Big 12, you have to go through KU.

That is done by defending the home court. 21 straight at home...30 in a row..... 48-51 (or threabouts) I can't even find an adjective to describe how f*cked up that is.

Losing to CU at home? I mean... FF'sS, that's just (I don't have the adjective to describe it) 4-70 on the road since the formation of the Big 12? Again, that's (I don't have the adjective to describe it)

The bottom line is this: The money is there. The facility is there. The tradition is there. The fan support WILL be there.... if they make a real hire. No more projects. Find a guy who can recruit the east coast and find a g'dam guard who can break down defenses off the dribble.
Base everything off of playing hard nosed defense. Smothering defense. Motion offense.

****ing March 05 and we haven't sniffed an NCAA bid in 11 years. ****ing pathetic.

HC_Chief
03-03-2005, 11:40 AM
4-70 on the road since the formation of the Big 12?

WOW :eek:
I didn't know that. And people are still arguing for another Woolridge season?

WilliamTheIrish
03-03-2005, 11:44 AM
WOW :eek:
I didn't know that. And people are still arguing for another Woolridge season?

Sorry HC. I'm wrong on that. We have at least 5 road wins since the Big 12 was formed. I failed to include the monumental defeat of the Buffs in Boulder last Saturday. Where KSU blew a 16 point lead with 4:00 to play and held on for a 2 point win.

So it's 5-70.(Or thereabouts) Wooly's won 2 road games in 5 years. 2.

Saulbadguy
03-03-2005, 12:07 PM
The bottom line is this: The money is there. The facility is there. The tradition is there. The fan support WILL be there.... if they make a real hire. No more projects. Find a guy who can recruit the east coast and find a g'dam guard who can break down defenses off the dribble.
Base everything off of playing hard nosed defense. Smothering defense. Motion offense.

Agreed.

Although, Wooldridge as of late HAS been recruiting better, IMO. He brought in Massey, a serious candidate for All Big-XII, Clent Stewart, a Freshman PG who's started every game, and has played it well (could very well break Steve Hensons freshman assist record), and is bringing in some international talent next year, and 2006.

I'm all for a new coach, but my only worry is we lose some current players AND our recruits...although that could be a crapshoot, since Wooly will likely lose a couple more anyways just by staying. :cuss:

I'm just trying to remain positive after the sad state our program has been in for the past decade. Its been ran in to the ground, and ignored. Wooly finally gets some decent talent in here, and we lose CLOSE games. Game after game has been just a heartbreaker. We are a few buckets away from being 10-6 in conference, and getting an NCAA bid. That, more than anything, really pisses me off. Bad coaches lose close games.

ChiTown
03-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Agreed.

Although, Wooldridge as of late HAS been recruiting better, IMO. He brought in Massey, a serious candidate for All Big-XII, Clent Stewart, a Freshman PG who's started every game, and has played it well (could very well break Steve Hensons freshman assist record), and is bringing in some international talent next year, and 2006.

I'm all for a new coach, but my only worry is we lose some current players AND our recruits...although that could be a crapshoot, since Wooly will likely lose a couple more anyways just by staying. :cuss:

I hate to argue, but Clent Stewart is no more a PG than I am. He's not a great shooter, not a great FT shooter, he telegraph's his passes, has trouble penetrating, not a great ball handler, and is damn slow with the ball. He's a great kid, and a great student, but he would have rode the pine had we had any type of alternative (sky thomas shouldn't be playing D1 ball)

2ndly, if we keep Jimmy Elgas, you won't have to worry about losing any current players or recruits, if Wooly gets the axe. That's just my honest opinion.

ROYC75
03-03-2005, 12:34 PM
This thread has been hijacked by a bunch of Kittens :eek: :D

Saulbadguy
03-03-2005, 12:34 PM
I hate to argue, but Clent Stewart is no more a PG than I am. He's not a great shooter, not a great FT shooter, he telegraph's his passes, has trouble penetrating, not a great ball handler, and is damn slow with the ball. He's a great kid, and a great student, but he would have rode the pine had we had any type of alternative (sky thomas shouldn't be playing D1 ball)

2ndly, if we keep Jimmy Elgas, you won't have to worry about losing any current players or recruits, if Wooly gets the axe. That's just my honest opinion.
Eh..we'll have to agree to disagree, then. Stastically, his assist/TO ratio is solid, especially for a frosh. He does need to work on his shooting, and his ball control when he cuts inside. FT shooting, hell, he never gets fouled. :shrug:

Yep. Elgas recruited these guys, but if a new guy comes in, will he bring his own assistants? Isn't that usually what happens?

Lzen
03-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Ok, what the heck is going on? Is the IMG tag not working or what?

Heh, ok I'm an idiot. I apparently set Firefox to load images 'from the originating website only'. :banghead:

Skip Towne
03-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Agreed.

I'm just trying to remain positive after the sad state our program has been in for the past decade. Its been ran in to the ground, and ignored. Wooly finally gets some decent talent in here, and we lose CLOSE games. Game after game has been just a heartbreaker. We are a few buckets away from being 10-6 in conference, and getting an NCAA bid. That, more than anything, really pisses me off. Bad coaches lose close games.
JMO but I don't think you guys are nearly as close to respectability as you are saying. William thinks yesterday's game was within reach. I think if KU had needed to beat you by 20 they would have beat you by 20. You definately need a new coach. Wooly is a stiff.

Saulbadguy
03-03-2005, 06:48 PM
JMO but I don't think you guys are nearly as close to respectability as you are saying. William thinks yesterday's game was within reach. I think if KU had needed to beat you by 20 they would have beat you by 20. You definately need a new coach. Wooly is a stiff.
I didn't think yesterdays game was that close, but you can not deny the others I mentioned were close. Did I even mention them?

@Nebraska
Texas Tech
Oklahoma
Colorado
@Texas

ALL 5 of those games were blown due to poor coaching, IMO. We blew leads, we stayed in zone too long, etc etc...