PDA

View Full Version : Mortensen: Trotter about to sign deal with Chiefs, Law coming in tonight..

The Bad Guy
03-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Just said it on Sportscenter.

Rolle was in today.

Sure-Oz
03-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Hell Yeah'Z!

shaneo69
03-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Seems like people have a short memory. Anyone remeber what Trotter did the year before last.

I heard from a guy in a van down by the river that two years ago he did
JACK SQUAT

DT

Nothing like a dose of reality to bring us down from our big-name free agent high.

dtebbe
03-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Nothing like a dose of reality to bring us down from our big-name free agent high.

Actually the guy down by the river had his facts wrong.. it was 2 years ago..
DT

Phobia
03-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Have you seen what Trotter did in the past 2 months? I did. I liked it. That's the Trotter I want. Gunther thinks that's the Trotter he'll put out on the field, I gotta trust Gunther.

ceebz
03-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Yay, and more yay. A guy with shot knees, and another who's in a wheelchair. http://justinmg.home.comcast.net/forums/gsindifferent.gif

milkman
03-02-2005, 08:24 PM

The reality is that Trotter was in a read and react D in DC.
He posted good tackle numbers, but the lack of aggressiveness of that type of D just doesn't allow for great MLB play.

petegz28
03-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Some people say it's the system, some say it's the player. Some like me say it's both. I think Trotter fits in with Gun based on what I saw him do last year.

Lot's of people thought Joe Horn was nothing better than average either.

ChiefsCountry
03-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Yay, and more yay. A guy with shot knees, and another who's in a wheelchair. http://justinmg.home.comcast.net/forums/gsindifferent.gif

And they are still better than Mitchell, Bartee, McCleon, and Battle.

shaneo69
03-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Have you seen what Trotter did in the past 2 months? I did. I liked it. That's the Trotter I want. Gunther thinks that's the Trotter he'll put out on the field, I gotta trust Gunther.

I trusted Gunther's personnel decisions up until this past season.
Now, not so sure.

petegz28
03-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Now, not so sure.

Gunther didn't get to decide anything last yeat except the plays. I think Siavi is a good draft pic he was just hurt int he first game. Jarred Allen, although DV claims credit for him is a great snag too. Sapp can be good. Battle sucks.

Logical
03-02-2005, 08:30 PM

Absolutely agree with you, I was one of the few that wanted him last offseason.

Phobia
03-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Now, not so sure.

What? Gunther has been stuck with what he has....

He made two nice decisions last offseason. Other than that, his hands were tied.

ceebz
03-02-2005, 08:32 PM
And they are still better than Mitchell, Bartee, McCleon, and Battle.

Big deal. My dog's dung pile is better than most of the players you listed.

Law will command just as much money, if not more, than Surtain and Rolle. He's also older, and coming off a serious injury.

Yeah, we should sign him right now. http://justinmg.home.comcast.net/forums/gsindifferent.gif

And Trotter's a product of Philly's system. We don't have the type of secondary that will allow him to run-blitz every other down.

I really don't understand everyone's desire for a new MLB. If anything, Barber and Fujita were far more disappointing than Mitchell last season. Matter of fact, Mitchell actually improved as the season went on.

Deberg_1990
03-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Great News! I still want Derrick Johnson in the 1st round. Now that my friends would be a hell of a linebacker upgrade!

petegz28
03-02-2005, 08:34 PM
I don't want Law. Rather have Rolle or Surtain.

petegz28
03-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Great News! I still want Derrick Johnson in the 1st round. Now that my friends would be a hell of a linebacker upgrade!

After what I just saw on ESPN.com and the NFL Channel Johnson is a pipe-dream at this point.

Deberg_1990
03-02-2005, 08:36 PM
After what I just saw on ESPN.com and the NFL Channel Johnson is a pipe-dream at this point.

True, after his combine workout, im sure hes a top 5 pick now.

eazyb81
03-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Big deal. My dog's dung pile is better than most of the players you listed.

Law will command just as much money, if not more, than Surtain and Rolle. He's also older, and coming off a serious injury.

Yeah, we should sign him right now. http://justinmg.home.comcast.net/forums/gsindifferent.gif

And Trotter's a product of Philly's system. We don't have the type of secondary that will allow him to run-blitz every other down.

I really don't understand everyone's desire for a new MLB. If anything, Barber and Fujita were far more disappointing than Mitchell last season. Matter of fact, Mitchell actually improved as the season went on.

Maybe they want to move Mitchell outside because Barber won't be ready at the start of the year. After Mitchell, we really had no one to fill in at MLB (i refuse to count Beisel). I would love to see a LB core of Fujita, Trotter, and Mitchell.

Kclee
03-02-2005, 08:40 PM

We don't have the secondary right now. Hopefully soon though we will. Plus, Barber may not even be playing much next year and Fujita was only offered a min. contract for 1 year. Mitchell may have improved, but still not enough to be a starter. Through FA the Chiefs are trying to get a top notch secondary, and get a couple LB's. And it seems unless Fujita really shows something this year, he'll be cut next. And if we had the money, Fujita would probably have to play his ass off in training camp to keep his starting job because they would bring in someone to compete for his job.

Woodrow Call
03-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Maybe they want to move Mitchell outside because Barber won't be ready at the start of the year. After Mitchell, we really had no one to fill in at MLB (i refuse to count Beisel). I would love to see a LB core of Fujita, Trotter, and Mitchell.

I think Mitchell might be a good fit on the outside. Seems like he has good speed and can blitz. I would rather see him then Caver or Fox.

ChiefsCountry
03-02-2005, 08:42 PM
I would rather see Besiel at outside linebacker than Mitchell.

ceebz
03-02-2005, 08:42 PM

I can't believe some of you have forgotten the Super Bowl already. How many tackles did Trotter have in that game? 4? Why? Because he rode the pine most of the game since he's a liability in the passing game and NE kept exploiting him? Trotter is not what the Chiefs need. They need an uprade at thw WSB and SSB positions.

And Fujita? He needs to go find another defense to play in. The guy has absolutely NO football instincts whatsoever. He'll never be adequate in Gunther's system.

milkman
03-02-2005, 08:43 PM

You're joking, right?
If Mitchell sucked any more, he'd be called Deep Throat.

ceebz
03-02-2005, 08:46 PM
You're joking, right?

Look at his stats the final 4 games. I thought he played pretty well.

Name another LB on the squad who played better?

beer bacon
03-02-2005, 08:46 PM

Rich Scanlon.

Coach
03-02-2005, 08:48 PM

And look at the Philly Eagles run D when he started. Hell, anyone other than Mitchell, Caver, and what not is a improvement.

petegz28

Well the way he reached for the ball when Droughns was running down the sideline instead of pasting him 5 rows deep into the stands showed me Mitchell is not cut out for MLB.

That aside from the constant over pursuing and playing with his head down instead of up.

Kclee

No use to compare him to our other LB's. They all need to be replaced. So that turd stunk a little less than the others.... who cares, they all need to be flushed.

ceebz
03-02-2005, 08:49 PM
And look at the Philly Eagles run D when he started. Hell, anyone other than Mitchell, Caver, and what not is a improvement.

Yeah, Trotter single-handedly turned around the Eagles run defense.

What was I thinking? http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/shared/forum/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Stinger
03-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Rich Scanlon.
ROFL

HeadArrow
03-02-2005, 08:50 PM
You're joking, right?

Exacly my thoughts. Mitchell shouldn't even be on the roster. I could pick out numerous plays every game where he was out of position, or flat out missed tackles.

rocks
I would rather see my grandma play LB than Mitchell. Sorry the guy just aint got it.

Coach

What was I thinking? http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/shared/forum/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Well you have to consider the fact that they started with Simeonou in MLB and he was sub-par at best, and he didn't really have much experience when it comes to running the MLB spot. Trotter on the other hand, is different. Sure his injury is a concern, but his production, leadership, and his nastiness would be a welcome addition to a pussy defense of ours.

ceebz
03-02-2005, 08:51 PM
No use to compare him to our other LB's. They all need to be replaced. So that turd stunk a little less than the others.... who cares, they all need to be flushed.

All I'm saying is, out of the 3 LB positions WSB and SSB are a bigger need than MLB. I'm not calling Mitchell a Pro Bowler or anything, I just don't see how we can win with another year of Fuji trying to run around blocks, and Barber misreading plays and missing tackles.

dirk digler

Don't tell me you actually want Mitchell as our starting MLB next year? I hope your kidding.

Comparing Mitchell to Trotter well...there is no comparison.

Count Alex's Losses
Yes!

So what jersey number is he going to pick? My money's on:

rocks
03-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Man, would hate to be Mitchell at 8:50, got the triple whammy!

ceebz
03-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Well you have to consider the fact that they started with Simeonou in MLB and he was sub-par at best, and he didn't really have much experience when it comes to running the MLB spot. Trotter on the other hand, is different. Sure his injury is a concern, but his production, leadership, and his nastiness would be a welcome addition to a pussy defense of ours.

Sure he would, if we upgraded both outside positions first.
Unfortunately, given our cap status, the Chiefs aren't in a position to do that.

dirk digler
03-02-2005, 08:53 PM
All I'm saying is, out of the 3 LB positions WSB and SSB are a bigger need than MLB. I'm not calling Mitchell a Pro Bowler or anything, I just don't see how we can win with another year of Fuji trying to run around blocks, and Barber misreading plays and missing tackles.

I disagree because the MLB is the leader of the D and Mitchell ain't no leader. We need someone who is a strong leader and is tough as nails which Trotter is.

Count Alex's Losses
03-02-2005, 08:54 PM
I disagree because the MLB is the leader of the D and Mitchell ain't no leader. We need someone who is a strong leader and is tough as nails which Trotter is.

Yep! I don't believe Mitchell had the smarts to play MLB, nor the experience (obviously). Trotter will know when to audible to a different play, QB the defense better!

KCWolfman
There is no way he will sign. MGRS and Ghostof told me so.

ceebz
Don't tell me you actually want Mitchell as our starting MLB next year? I hope your kidding.

Comparing Mitchell to Trotter well...there is no comparison.

I'd rather have Mitchell be our starting MLB than have Fuji be our starting SSB. Or Barber as our WSB for that matter.

You know all those times the Chiefs got burnt playing zone? It was because the OLB's don't know a zone drop from a dick in their ass.

dirk digler
Unfortunately, given our cap status, the Chiefs aren't in a position to do that.

I think the Chiefs will add another LB either via FA or through the draft that will come in and start. Barber is going to be out at least 6-8 weeks during the season.

rocks
03-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Good point. When Maz was in there he knew how to lead eventhough he was not the most atheltic guy around.

Coach
03-02-2005, 08:56 PM

Sure they are. All they have to do is restructure the following:

Johnnie Morton
Eric Hicks
Greg Wesley
Jerome Woods
Dexter McCleon

Also McCleon and Morton are a possible to be cut by June 1st.

There's alot of ways to work it around, and it's possible that his contract could be backloaded, like Vonnie Holliday's contract was.

ceebz
03-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Good point. When Maz was in there he knew how to lead eventhough he was not the most atheltic guy around.

He also didn't play MLB. Well, his best year he didn't.

dirk digler
03-02-2005, 08:57 PM
I'd rather have Mitchell be our starting MLB than have Fuji be our starting SSB. Or Barber as our WSB for that matter.

You know all those times the Chiefs got burnt playing zone? It was because the OLB's don't know a zone drop from a dick in their ass.

Hey if it was up to me I would replace all 3 LB positions as well as both corners and replace Woods at safety and replace Hicks as well. This whole D personnel sucks ass IMO.

ChiefsCountry
He also didn't play MLB.

Maz played MLB. Fujitia and Barber were the outside backers.

Coach
Oh, and I almost forgot, there's also the injury settlements for both Barber and Maz as well if needed.

dirk digler
03-02-2005, 08:58 PM
He also didn't play MLB.

Ummm...yeah he did. He was our starting MLB until he got hurt in the Cincinnati game in 2003.

rocks
Maybe we could have the Donx help us figure this cap thing out, on second thought no!

ceebz
Ummm...yeah he did. He was our starting MLB until he got hurt in the Cincinnati game in 2003.

Maz' best year was on the outside.

Coach
03-02-2005, 09:00 PM

But not his natural position, where he got exposed big time aganist RB's and TE's.

dirk digler
03-02-2005, 09:00 PM

You didn't say his best year you said he never played MLB. Maz IMO is built to play MLB.

Kclee
03-02-2005, 09:01 PM

Exactly. Fujita has a one year pass and he's coming real cheap this year. We're stuck with him this year. Barber by all counts won't be playing to start out with, but who knows for sure. I have this sinking feeling that DV is holding out hope he'll be ready. It does seem he will be able to play sometime though so they may fill his spot in the mean time with Fox or a draft pick. That leaves MLB. A spot they know they need to upgrade and that's what they are trying to do.

ceebz
But not his natural position, where he got exposed big time aganist RB's and TE's.

Sure. My point was, your leader doesn't have to be the MLB.

dirk digler

I remember many times Maz getting beat bad trying to cover a RB on a downfield pass play. He is terribly slow.

petegz28
03-02-2005, 09:03 PM

No but it helps. The last good MLB we had in my opinion was Anthony Davis. Patton was good but old. Davis was an animal. That's what I want at MLB. someone who cares about stripping the ball 2nd and de-cleating someone, ANYONE first.

Coach
03-02-2005, 09:03 PM

I'd have to respectfully disagree on this, because a MLB is like a QB on the defensive side. Maz was, no doubt, one of the underrated MLB for the Chiefs before his injury. The MLB call the shots on any defense in the NFL. Butkus did it, Ray Lewis does it, Junior Seau did it when he was in Sandy Eggo.

ceebz
03-02-2005, 09:04 PM
No but it helps. The last good MLB we had in my opinion was Anthiny Davis. Patton was good but old. Davis was an animal. That's what I want at MLB. someone who cares about stripping the ball 2nd and de-cleating someone, ANYONE first.

I completely agree. A Davis was my favorite player on those Chiefs teams.

ceebz
03-02-2005, 09:07 PM
I'd have to respectfully disagree on this, because a MLB is like a QB on the defensive side. Maz was, no doubt, one of the underrated MLB for the Chiefs before his injury. The MLB call the shots on any defense in the NFL. Butkus did it, Ray Lewis does it, Junior Seau did it when he was in Sandy Eggo.

I still disagree with that. The NFL has changed. More teams try to spread you out, and go with multiple receiver sets. A lot of the time, your MLB will be on the bench.

Count Alex's Losses
03-02-2005, 09:09 PM
I still disagree with that. The NFL has changed. More teams try to spread you out, and go with multiple receiver sets. A lot of the time, your MLB will be on the bench.

I'd say Trotter will be on the field on every down. Who plays the LB in the dime defense? Fujita?

rocks
03-02-2005, 09:10 PM
I think if you have a MLB that will knock your balls off if you come inside is as good today as it was 50 years ago!

petegz28
03-02-2005, 09:10 PM
I'd say Trotter will be on the field on every down. Who plays the LB in the dime defense? Fujita?

Gotta be Fuji.

Coach
03-02-2005, 09:11 PM

Most of the time, yes. I would think, that is if, Trotter does sign, it will be the first 2 downs (based on which team we play) and Fujita on Dime packages.

Count Alex's Losses
03-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Most of the time, yes. I would think, that is if, Trotter does sign, it will be the first 2 downs (based on which team we play) and Fujita on Dime packages.

But I think Trotter would still be out there in the nickel package. That would change if we brought in another good OLB, though. Gotta get speed on the field.

buddha
03-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Let's not forget that Gun was the one who thought Bartee was a great CB prospect and continued to believe that even into last year. :banghead:

I wouldn't be so quick to put my total trust in Gun.

petegz28
03-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Let's not forget that Gun was the one who thought Bartee was a great CB prospect and continued to believe that even into last year. :banghead:

I wouldn't be so quick to put my total trust in Gun.

Well no one is perfect. But as far as last year Bartee was all he had.

Spicy McHaggis
03-02-2005, 09:45 PM

Actually Gun showed our LBs pictures of both and they were able to correctly identify which was which. So I don't know where you're getting your information from.

KCinNY
03-02-2005, 09:58 PM
No but it helps. The last good MLB we had in my opinion was Anthony Davis. Patton was good but old. Davis was an animal. That's what I want at MLB. someone who cares about stripping the ball 2nd and de-cleating someone, ANYONE first.

I loved Davis too. But to be precise, he wasn't a MLB in the base defense. He played the weakside in base and MLB in nickel.

ceebz
03-02-2005, 11:20 PM

That waqsn't the case in the Super Bowl. Trotter was being exploited in pass coverage and subsequently sat on the sideline.

Count Alex's Losses
03-02-2005, 11:28 PM
That waqsn't the case in the Super Bowl. Trotter was being exploited in pass coverage and subsequently sat on the sideline.

That's because the Eagles have better linebackers at pass coverage. Outside of Fujita, do the Chiefs?

Rausch
03-03-2005, 12:25 AM
That's because the Eagles have better linebackers at pass coverage. Outside of Fujita, do the Chiefs?

We should. We have like ****ing 11 safeties on roster...

Count Alex's Losses
03-03-2005, 12:25 AM
We should. We have like ****ing 11 safeties on roster...

LINEBACKERS

Straight, No Chaser
03-03-2005, 12:39 AM

Excellent point. Brees, The Snake, whomever throws to Porter & Moss this year --well at least he'll play on 1st down.

--->

Rausch
03-03-2005, 12:41 AM
LINEBACKERS

Oh, my bad. I was thinking, you know, WE'VE MOVED SAFETIES TO LB...

royr17
03-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Some reason I have a feelin that LB Jeremiah Trotter and CB Samari Rolle will be Chiefs tomorrow, that they are just waitin for Carl to get back.

Do any of you guys agree with me on this ?

stumppy
03-03-2005, 01:09 AM
Some reason I have a feelin that LB Jeremiah Trotter and CB Samari Rolle will be Chiefs tomorrow, that they are just waitin for Carl to get back.

Do any of you guys agree with me on this ?

I think JT will be.

tommykat
03-03-2005, 01:14 AM
I think JT will be.

Hey stumppy..........bad girl working tonight? ( meaning you )? ROFL

stumppy
03-03-2005, 01:21 AM
Hey stumppy..........bad girl working tonight? ( meaning you )? ROFL\

Hey girl, watcha been doin ?

She's in the bedroom reading.

Well........, she's looking at the pictures in a new book by her favorite publisher. Marvel.
You know how those people from Tennessee are.:D

DenverChief
03-03-2005, 01:22 AM
I think JT will be.

I think Rolle will be and Trotter will leave w/o a contract...I would much rather have Hartwell

stumppy
03-03-2005, 01:29 AM
I think Rolle will be and Trotter will leave w/o a contract...I would much rather have Hartwell

For some reason, I just have a feeling they're going to try and keep Trotter here until he signs. Just a feeling.
You may be right though.
All I know is that I want the FO to get their asses in gear this year.

royr17
03-03-2005, 01:44 AM
I think you'll see them sign Trotter and Rolle today, remember reports was that Rolle would have a deal by tomorrow, which sounds like the Chiefs have a deal in place, and we know Trotter is gonna sign, so they are probably waitin to sign till Carl gets there and then they will sign and they will report it.

DenverChief
03-03-2005, 01:51 AM
remember reports was that Rolle would have a deal by tomorrow

where?

bricks
03-03-2005, 07:38 AM

Oh certainly, certainly. Good point. Let's hope if he happens to sign with us, he doesn't end up like another shawn barber. Take a huge contract, and underachieve, that'll piss off a lot of Chief fans.

King_Chief_Fan
03-03-2005, 07:39 AM

YES

Bowser
03-03-2005, 07:51 AM
Oh, my bad. I was thinking, you know, WE'VE MOVED SAFETIES TO LB...

When did we re-sign Martin Bayless?

Mike Grose
03-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Star reports the Trotter deal is pending a physical.

Otter
03-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Sorry if this was posted but don't have time to go through them.

SportsCenter also said that the "no brainer" of Eagles not re-signing him has to do with potential knee problems.

Judging by his performance last season that means the Eagles doctors found some loose tendons or cartlige in a physical which basiclly means the probability of knee problems goes up but he may also not have any problems till he retires.

Depends how loose.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
03-03-2005, 08:39 AM
I'm more of a Hartwell/Smoot fan, but that might be because I get forcefed Ravens/Redskin games up here and I "get" to watch them every weekend.

I certainly wouldn't cry if we got Trotter/Rolle. Hell, I'm pretty sure Gaz and Iowanian would probably be a better CB/MLB package than what we have now.

Course, what I really want to know is when the All-Idiot team is going to post their FA pick-ups for the year?

Lzen
03-03-2005, 09:00 AM
I can't believe some of you have forgotten the Super Bowl already. How many tackles did Trotter have in that game? 4? Why? Because he rode the pine most of the game since he's a liability in the passing game and NE kept exploiting him? Trotter is not what the Chiefs need. They need an uprade at thw WSB and SSB positions.

And Fujita? He needs to go find another defense to play in. The guy has absolutely NO football instincts whatsoever. He'll never be adequate in Gunther's system.

I hadn't really seen much of any Eagles games all year until I saw them in the SB. And I'll tell you this, Trotter stood out to me. I was thinking "wow, we could use an attacking LB like that". Plus, the Eagles defense was one of the best in the league last year and a lot of that is due to the QB of the front 7, MLB Jeremiah Trotter making the proper play calls/adjustments at the line of scrimmage. You see, it's not just about how much of an athlete he is. You can't measure intangibles like leadership and play calling abilities.

I don't know WTF game you were watching but it must've been something other than the NFL Superbowl. I think you just want to bitch about anything the Chiefs front office does to try to improve this team. Say, you're from Denver. Maybe you're a Donkey spy trying to get the Chiefs fans to pressure the Chiefs front office into not making this move.
:hmmm:

bringbackmarty
03-03-2005, 09:01 AM
I think trotter used wisely on the first two downs will help win us two more games this year. A pair of decent corners and a safety signed or drafted, maybe two more. It doesn't really matter if it's law rolle or surtain, but my gut tells me it will be one of those three, plus someone else either through the draft, or a lower tier guy (like the guy from atlanta)
I warfield didn't have to go to jail, we might not get a second cornerback at all.

Joe Seahawk
03-03-2005, 09:10 AM
This article says Trotter also has visits scheduled with Seattle and Atlanta.

Lucas is in Carolina today, I hate this.. :shake:

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/99-03032005-457941.html

Coach
03-03-2005, 09:12 AM

As far as I'm concerned, some other reports stated that Trotter has cancelled his trip to Seattle and Arizona or Atlanta, so....

Who really knows? :shrug:

tomahawk kid
03-03-2005, 09:14 AM
As far as I'm concerned, some other reports stated that Trotter has cancelled his trip to Seattle and Arizona or Atlanta, so....

Who really knows? :shrug:

God-damnsonofab!tchmotherf#ckingsh!t.

I think Tom Petty said it best, "The waiting is the hardest part".

BigRedChief
03-03-2005, 09:14 AM

But remember that Barber also had about 5 cities he was scheduled to visit also. He never made it we locked him up. Maybe this will also be the case with Trotter.

But I still think we should go with Hartwell. because of the injured knees of Trotter.

ceebz
03-03-2005, 09:17 AM
I hadn't really seen much of any Eagles games all year until I saw them in the SB. And I'll tell you this, Trotter stood out to me. I was thinking "wow, we could use an attacking LB like that". Plus, the Eagles defense was one of the best in the league last year and a lot of that is due to the QB of the front 7, MLB Jeremiah Trotter making the proper play calls/adjustments at the line of scrimmage. You see, it's not just about how much of an athlete he is. You can't measure intangibles like leadership and play calling abilities.

I don't know WTF game you were watching but it must've been something other than the NFL Superbowl. I think you just want to bitch about anything the Chiefs front office does to try to improve this team. Say, you're from Denver. Maybe you're a Donkey spy trying to get the Chiefs fans to pressure the Chiefs front office into not making this move.
:hmmm:

The guy had 4 tackles in the Super Bowl, how much of an impact do you believe he made? http://justinmg.home.comcast.net/forums/gsindifferent.gif

I'm bitching because this defense needs more than a guy who only plays on running downs. IIRC, the pass defense is what really sucked balls last year.

Coach
03-03-2005, 09:18 AM
God-damnsonofab!tchmotherf#ckingsh!t.

ROFL Nice.

keg in kc
03-03-2005, 09:23 AM
I'm bitching because this defense needs more than a guy who only plays on running downs. IIRC, the pass defense is what really sucked balls last year.I don't disagree with the need for help in coverage at linebacker, I think we need an OLB almost as much as a MLB, but let's not forget that the rush defense was tied for second worst in the NFL in yards allowed per carry.

Warrior5
03-03-2005, 09:23 AM

For what it's worth Joe, Lucas is the guy I want in R&G, but the Chiefs don't appear to be too interested in him.

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 09:33 AM
The guy had 4 tackles in the Super Bowl, how much of an impact do you believe he made? http://justinmg.home.comcast.net/forums/gsindifferent.gif

I'm bitching because this defense needs more than a guy who only plays on running downs. IIRC, the pass defense is what really sucked balls last year.

Take a look at the stats:

Team Defense
|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----| TOTAL
CMP ATT YD YPA TD INT ATT YD YPA TD YD
312 522 4213 8.07 32 13 398 1834 4.61 18 6047
NFL rank ---> 18 22 32 32 31 24 4 12 28 26 31

Our run defense was HORRID. 12 in yards, but FOURTH in fewest attempts.

The reason people torched us so much is because they could, not because they needed to.

Nightfyre
03-03-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm more of a Hartwell/Smoot fan, but that might be because I get forcefed Ravens/Redskin games up here and I "get" to watch them every weekend.

I certainly wouldn't cry if we got Trotter/Rolle. Hell, I'm pretty sure Gaz and Iowanian would probably be a better CB/MLB package than what we have now.

Course, what I really want to know is when the All-Idiot team is going to post their FA pick-ups for the year?
Oh cmon! Gaz is second-tier CB talent. Hes just trying to sell himself so theyll sign him. Iowanian on the other hand... He may even beat out Scanlon!

blsilks
03-03-2005, 10:46 AM
This has got to be the LONGEST "about to sign" that ive ever heard of.

KChiefs1
03-03-2005, 11:33 AM

I'm hoping Gunther gets these guys excited about playing for him next year! :thumb:

Chiefs Pantalones
03-03-2005, 11:35 AM

On the sports last night they said that Trotter has cancelled his visits to those places, Joe.

But you can have him, I want Hartwell.

keg in kc
03-03-2005, 11:38 AM
This has been a painful day so far. All the sports talk has been college basketball (lame) and Royals spring training (lame) with a little Chiefs talk interspersed. Talk about boredom.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-03-2005, 11:39 AM
This has been a painful day so far. All the sports talk has been college basketball (lame) and Royals spring training (lame) with a little Chiefs talk interspersed. Talk about boredom.

Don't get down, Kyle.

It's the calm before the storm!!! :) ;)

Rausch
03-03-2005, 12:13 PM
I'd check the star to see if anyone's signed, but they usually wait until someone else breaks the story to run it...

Mile High Mania
03-03-2005, 02:16 PM
On the sports last night they said that Trotter has cancelled his visits to those places, Joe.

But you can have him, I want Hartwell.

So, whenever Hartwell visits the next team... who do you want then?

:p

Coach
03-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Falcons | Trotter to Visit? - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 12:02:07 -0800

Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports free agent LB Jeremiah Trotter (Eagles) hopes to visit with the Atlanta Falcons, according to WIP radio.

And Seattle if a deal is not finalized in KC, IMHO.

LiL stumppy
03-03-2005, 02:48 PM
omg,im going to be mad if we don't sign anyone.

BigRedChief
03-03-2005, 03:03 PM

Sounds like you are listening to 810. They need to realize that its the Chiefs that powers sports talk in KC.