PDA

View Full Version : Is Martin Gramatica Available?

petegz28
03-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Has he been picked up by anyone?

Last I saw of him he was subing for Vander-boy in Indy. Did someone pick him up? He is an upgrade from Tynes no matter how bad his last 2 years were.

Count Alex's Losses
03-02-2005, 07:45 PM
An upgrade from Tynes? No way.

Kicker isn't an area we need to address. Tynes is good and will only get better.

Spicy McHaggis
03-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Yeah Tynes > "Auto"matica

petegz28
03-02-2005, 07:47 PM
An upgrade from Tynes? No way.

Kicker isn't an area we need to address. Tynes is good and will only get better.

Please tell me you are laying on the sarcasm :p

Gramatica can get the ball to the 5 more than one time a game.

Wallcrawler
No kidding. Gramatica will no doubt want more money than he is worth. We will probably keep Tynes and see if he cant improve in his second season.

Count Alex's Losses
So can Tynes. And his field goal kicking is better, too. Gramatica has missed EIGHTEEN KICKS in the last two years.

petegz28
03-02-2005, 07:48 PM
I don't know Tynes makes me nervous still. 2 missed xp's in one season and constant kicks to the 20 just don't give me the warm and fuzzies on this guy. I was pumped about him at the beginning but that faded fast.

petegz28
03-02-2005, 07:50 PM
So can Tynes. And his field goal kicking is better, too. Gramatica has missed EIGHTEEN KICKS in the last two years.

I guess Tynes FG kicking is not really what I am concerned with. It's placing our defense on the 40 every time we kick off. I mean even suck-ass teams make it look easy on a 60 yrd field.

Count Alex's Losses
I don't know Tynes makes me nervous still. 2 missed xp's in one season and constant kicks to the 20 just don't give me the warm and fuzzies on this guy. I was pumped about him at the beginning but that faded fast.

Give me a break. The 20?

Tynes can get the ball to the 5 or better whenever he wants. The problem is our coverage teams sucked so bad he was instructed to go for more hang time, resulting in a shorter kick.

Tynes missed six kicks last year, and one of those was 58-yards. Another was blocked.

He's a fine field goal kicker. I'm sure the extra points thing was just an aberration.

Count Alex's Losses
I guess Tynes FG kicking is not really what I am concerned with. It's placing our defense on the 40 every time we kick off. I mean even suck-ass teams make it look easy on a 60 yrd field.

Our coverage teams suck, not Tynes!

petegz28
03-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Give me a break. The 20?

Tynes can get the ball to the 5 or better whenever he wants. The problem is our coverage teams sucked so bad he was instructed to go for more hang time, resulting in a shorter kick.

Tynes missed six kicks last year, and one of those was 58-yards. Another was blocked.

He's a fine field goal kicker. I'm sure the extra points thing was just an aberration.

We are talking about the same Lawrence Tynes for the Chiefs right? I don't slam him on missing 45+ FG's. But come one he couldn't get the ball past the 15 with any consistancy. I hope you are right.

petegz28
03-02-2005, 07:52 PM

Well you got no argument here on the coverage teams.

Count Alex's Losses
03-02-2005, 07:53 PM
We are talking about the same Lawrence Tynes for the Chiefs right? I don't slam him on missing 45+ FG's. But come one he couldn't get the ball past the 15 with any consistancy. I hope you are right.

Tynes isn't perfect on kickoffs, but he's alot better than you are giving him credit for. Seemed like everytime he kicked it to the 5 the coverage teams allowed a return to the 40.

Wallcrawler
03-02-2005, 07:54 PM

Got that right.

Hopefully the return of Marc Boerigter will help some of that. He was a good special teams player, especially on the punt coverages.

Our defensive special teams are shit.

Frank Gansz Jr seems to be more wrapped up with finding ways to try to spring Dante for touchdowns than finding ways to keep our defense from starting at the 40 yard line or worse.

Dante is great and everything, but youve got to address both sides of the ball on special teams. Dante will get a lot of great things done by himself. Gansz needs to put a little more work into the coverage aspects of the special teams this year.

petegz28
03-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Tynes isn't perfect on kickoffs, but he's alot better than you are giving him credit for. Seemed like everytime he kicked it to the 5 the coverage teams allowed a return to the 40.

Again no argument here on the covereage teams. I will admit when he did manage to get a good kick we didn't do squat to capitalize on it.

Nightfyre
03-02-2005, 09:06 PM
but we do need a punter :hmmm:

Count Alex's Losses
03-02-2005, 09:07 PM
but we do need a punter :hmmm:

Depends on how Nick Murphy works out. I think we need some training camp competition going into next season.

At least Nick Murphy is a sweet name for a punter...

Mr. Christopher
03-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Has he been picked up by anyone?

Last I saw of him he was subing for Vander-boy in Indy. Did someone pick him up? He is an upgrade from Tynes no matter how bad his last 2 years were.
As far as I know, Indy still has dibbs on Gramatica. Vanderjagt is not coming back, so I can't imagine that Indy would let him go until after training camp.

DenverChief
03-02-2005, 09:52 PM
um no I'll stick with tynes Thankyouverymuch

keg in kc
03-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Just say no to Suckmatica.

Manila-Chief
03-03-2005, 12:18 AM
I, too, was very concerned with our kick-offs until I saw part of the S.B. ... now I've not done the research and this is just my opinion ... but it seemed that both of the S.B. teams were starting about where our opponents started.

I'd like to have a kicker put it in the back side of the endzone every kick-off .... but since the moved the kick-offs back and use those strange balls it doesn't happen to often anymore.

Sure-Oz
03-03-2005, 12:40 AM
we wont need a damn kicker if we get a decent D.

Rausch
03-03-2005, 12:47 AM

How many extra pts?

Tynes is an Elliot waiting to happen. He's SHIT...

Count Alex's Losses
03-03-2005, 12:53 AM
How many extra pts?

Tynes is an Elliot waiting to happen. He's SHIT...

Bah. The only time he was called upon to attempt a clutch field goal last year, he nailed it. Right down the pipe, plenty of leg.

You're just scared. Have some confidence in the kid.