PDA

View Full Version : likelyhood of signing a 3/2/05, 1st day visitor

elvomito
03-03-2005, 01:51 AM
in this upcoming period of signings and such, do you think the chiefs will INK any of the 1st day visiting players?

or was this a smokescreen, we're really interested in mid-price players?

realistically!!

easymobee
03-03-2005, 03:39 AM
I would love to see the meltdown if they don't, but i have a gut feeling that you get at least one.

Maybe even 2.

Trotter and Law are my 2 guesses.

In a bad twist ( for KC fans ) i think one pans out good-great and the other becomes another symbol of FA failure attributed to Carl Peterson ( a la Vonnie Holliday or Shawn Barber ).

Either Law never gets back to where he was pre-injury or Trotter's knees end up being a big issue ( Or one of the 2 diminishes greatly due to new system - less surrounding talent )

Meanwhile the other one performs at an at least "Pro Bowl Snub" level.

King_Chief_Fan
03-03-2005, 06:14 AM
I would love to see the meltdown if they don't, but i have a gut feeling that you get at least one.

Maybe even 2.

In a bad twist ( for KC fans ) i think one pans out good-great and the other becomes another symbol of FA failure attributed to Carl Peterson ( a la Vonnie Holliday or Shawn Barber ).

Either Law never gets back to where he was pre-injury or Trotter's knees end up being a big issue ( Or one of the 2 diminishes greatly due to new system - less surrounding talent )

bad guesses there mobee.......... I would like to guess Hartwell and Rolle:thumb:

keg in kc
03-03-2005, 06:56 AM
I don't believe it's a smokescreen, but there's no guarantee we'll sign any of them. There've already been a couple of signings this offseason that leave me scratching my head in terms of how much teams are willing to pay, and if some team's willing to dish out $15 million guaranteed for these guys, I don't think we're going to compete with that.

elvomito
03-07-2005, 03:08 PM
drugs take the pain away

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 03:10 PM

Maybe even 2.

trotter would probably be a bad guess since he resigned with philly.

DenverChief
03-07-2005, 03:10 PM
drugs take the pain away
ROFL