PDA

View Full Version : Non-Smack

Ugly Duck
12-05-2000, 08:22 AM
That was an incredibly tough loss... I had to watch the whole game b/c Grbac was responsible for pushing my fantasy team into the playoffs... he just barely achieved it, but his numbers were great!

As for KC... I'm not going to beat you guys down with any BS. Maybe this is what Hunt needs in order to blow up the current structure and put your team on a positive track for the future.

That was a very tough loss, especially when they moved so far with 1 minute left. I'm not sure if those passes in the middle with no timeouts were called plays or improvised plays, but I think it should be asked of the coaching staff.

I want the AFC West to be a strong division from top to bottom, so I hope your owner shakes things up and makes some serious moves in the offseason. Gunther should go back to coaching the defense, bring in Norv Turner as the Head Coach... or possibly the Offensive Coach and find a Head Coach like Capers.

Don't let it frustrate you guys too much, it is just a game. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Mile High Mania (edited 12-05-2000).]

KCTitus
12-05-2000, 08:31 AM
MHM: Brad, class post, Packfan could take a lesson from this one. I don't think there are tom many, if any people that wouldn't agree with you. The Chiefs need to take a look at this team and make some major changes in the off season starting with the coach.

At this point in time, I hate to say it, but I'm with a lot of other people regarding their thinking in relation to loss = good draft pick. The more games the Chiefs lose, the better chance that Lamar will wake up from his sleep walk and shake things up.

bishop_74
12-05-2000, 08:34 AM
Brad,

We suck and it's hard to live with but thanks for the kind words. I have been a Chief fan so long and have been through this so many times I can deal with it just fine, there are other things then FB.

What I want for Xmas is a brand new coaching staff.

Good luck catching the Raiders, I have decided I would like to see you guys do it.<P>

Go Chiefs
12-05-2000, 08:39 AM
MHM- just read mlyonsd's - my words exactly.<P>

Ugly Duck
12-05-2000, 10:28 AM
I'm actually surprised that BF logged on and didn't jump all over this thread calling me a Chiefs' sympathizer during a time in which the Broncos are doing well.

Ah well, it's early... the li'l bastard will show up in due time.

Anywho, I was in your shoes last year and there have been plenty of other years when Denver has been there as well. Actually, the three months following an a$$ kicking in the SuperBowl is no thrill either. (been there a few times)

It all boils down to the fact that this BB is here to discuss thoughtful topics and throw out some good smack. Hell, the smack is really what it's all about, but there's a time and a place.

Despite what the records are in two weeks, KC/Denver week at Arrowhead will still be a fun week. I mean, it's not like KC should be afraid of Denver's defense... I'm sure it will be a fun game. Both teams will likely top 30.

Adios...<P>

Fat Homer
12-05-2000, 10:37 AM
Brad, at least some Bronc fans have some class...think you can teach some to BroncoFan?....<P>

Gaz
12-05-2000, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the post MHM. I also agree with your thoughts on coaches. I have wanted Norv Turner and Ray Rhodes as HC and/or OC, and DC respectively for the last several weeks. I'd prefer to have an offensive-minded HC for a change, but I concede that Turner might be too soft. Not to mention, he's probably going to take a year off, I know I would!

CHIEF1
12-05-2000, 12:01 PM
Mile High, you are a true fan of the game, and an all-around good guy. It gives me hope for Denver fans. *SOME* people could learn a lot from you. Good luck fer yer team. I hope we beat you on Dec. 17, though.

rh :mad:<BR>

Ugly Duck
12-05-2000, 12:25 PM
Well, I would actually hate to see KC lose the next 3... but, there is one game that I hope KC loses. :D

As for teaching others about showing some class... that might be a lost cause.

elvislivesinkc
12-05-2000, 12:59 PM
Very classy post MHM.

Don't take this as a smack on the Broncos but I wouldn't at be surprised if the Chiefs pull out the win against them in Arrowhead. And I'm basing that soley on their reputation as "giant killers" ala the Rams game. They have a history of getting up for an otherwise meaningless game against a big rival. I won't predict a win of course, when you look at the two teams, it shouldn't even be close. But somehow, some way, it wouldn't surprise me if the Chiefs don't pull one out of their *** .

Again, not a smack against the Broncos, just an observation about the strange ups and downs of the KC Chiefs.

------------------
Gary

Buzzbait
12-05-2000, 09:20 PM
MH,

Seahawks played their best game of the year last week, they just might roll into mile high and sneak a win.
Holmgren is going to give the bulk of the carries to Alexander, on defense Isiah kaszcyvenski played a very solid game in his first start.. Overall the team is having fun and seems to be on a mission to be 8-8.

Beware :)
Dont fret, after we beat you we will beat the Raiders and all is good.....Joe

Ugly Duck
12-06-2000, 07:21 AM
Seattle *could* give Denver a run on Sunday, but I feel pretty confident that Denver won't lose the last two games at Mile High.

It would be easy to say that they're due for a loss, especially after the 5 game win stretch. But, I doubt it.

Denver 34
Seattle 24