PDA

View Full Version : I am finally confident the winds of change will blow through Arrowhead this offseason

Mi_chief_fan
12-05-2000, 02:23 PM
I don't know what they will all be, but am confident we will see changes very soon. We saw the unraveling on the sideline in the last couple of minutes of the game, if you were paying attention.

We saw a coaching staff that doesn't communicate. That was apparent after the last punt by the Pats. Gun was clearly letting Stock know he wanted a block strategy AFTER the punt. He should have let him know BEFORE the punt.

I'm almost sure Jimmy Raye was on the sideline in the last few seconds, (wish I had recorded this fiasco to see for sure), and that Gun and Jimmy had nothing but glares for each other.

And last but not least, we had the reaction of Mazlowski on the last play. A classic reaction to the total ineptitude to the decision making of the coaches and leaders of this team.

I may be wrong, but I think we have hit rock bottom (finally). It has been an agonizing fall. But the only direction we can now go is up. Even if we lose the last 3 games, we can not sink to any lower depths than we are now at.

A different kind of meltdown than against the Bronc's a couple of years ago, but a meltdown on national TV none the less.

Listen closely. The winds are starting to freshen!

redbrian
12-05-2000, 02:25 PM
What did Maslowski do?

I didn't keep it on long enough to find out.

chief18
12-05-2000, 02:28 PM
Cannibal - Hard to describe it if you didn't see it, but suffice it to say he may have become the leader of this team. And if that's the case, good things are ahead.

redbrian
12-05-2000, 02:35 PM
Thanks Idaho.

Can anyone else explain what Mas did when the game was over?

morphius
12-05-2000, 02:37 PM
I'd like to know too. What the h_ll did he do?

alanm
12-05-2000, 02:40 PM
TV zoomed in on Maz for a LONG time...no audio, but he was openly screaming at the offensive unit as it limped off the field when time ran out.

alanm
12-05-2000, 02:40 PM
TV zoomed in on Maz for a LONG time...no audio, but he was openly screaming at the offensive unit as it limped off the field when time ran out.

TEX
12-05-2000, 02:44 PM
Basically,

the way I saw it, Maz paced the sideline the last drive, screaming yelling and looked like he was ready to carry the ball....at the end...he jumped up and down, screamed yelled and had the most disgusted, angry, contorted facial expressions I have seen this year...ACTUAL EMOTION...on the Chiefs sideline...

BTW...I thought I saw JR on the sideline and Gunther lit him up.

Gaz
12-05-2000, 02:46 PM
Maz was like a man possessed coming off the field, as the offense went back on with over a minute left. He looked like he was trying to fire up the O. The camera went back to him during the drive (I think) and again after the final play. He still looked the same (like a caged animal), but this time he was just as pi$$ed as he had been motivating a few minutes earlier. It was probably the highlight of the game IMO not that that's saying much :D.

Gaz
12-05-2000, 02:49 PM
Iowa,

There was an African American coach on the sidelines at the end that I remember seeing, but I am not sure it was JR. It could have been, but I don't think so (at least the one I remember seeing). Gun and he were staring at each other. Isn't JR in the skybox usually anyway? Is there any way he could have been on the sidelines?

redhed
12-05-2000, 02:58 PM
I just listened to Guns press conference on 810. Someone asked why, if the team is playing so hard, we are struggling. Gun replied that we start so many young players like MAZLOWSKI !!!! I can't F'N believe this guy. Maz played like Dick Friggin Butkis last night and this morning Gun points a finger at him. Actually named him by name. This idjit wouldnt make it through the day if I were King Carl. Gun, Raye, Stock, and Kurt could help each other pack.

TEX
12-05-2000, 03:19 PM
Cormac,

You could very well be right..I just saw the same thing you did and thought the guy looked at least very similar to raye...and the look they exchanged also suggestion frustration with each other....but it could easily have been someone else..

redbrian
12-05-2000, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the info.

I guess I expected something a little more outrageous by the way Coogs put it.

The_Grand_Illusion
12-05-2000, 03:28 PM
Again this wouldn't have been a problem if Carl wasn't such a power monger the Chiefs would have a decent coaching staff. King Carl's the problem http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

ColoradoChief
12-05-2000, 03:31 PM
I read Maslowski's lips (although missed a bit when someone walked in front of the camera). He said:

"Come on! How much do you want it? How much do you f_cking want it (here's where it went out)." Then it resumed with a bunch of swearing and, i think, a son of a b!tch.

Maslowski is awesome!

morphius
12-05-2000, 03:33 PM
Mr. Blond,

That sickens me. The ONLY players that have come to play every week on defense are Maz, Wesley, and Hasty.

IMO it's the veterans and coaches that are the problem.

Gunther should've said, "We're struggling because, as a head coach, I suck penis. That will be all." Then he should've resigned.

ColoradoChief
12-05-2000, 03:35 PM
I just watched it again and I'm fairly sure it just went:

"How much do you f_cking want it, you son of a b!tch."

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Gaz
12-05-2000, 03:36 PM
Sorry you were expecting something better Cannibal! You never know, by the season's end, Maz just might do an impersonation of Kevin Greene lynching his defensive coach on the sidelines in Carolina..........hmmmmm.....I bet Kurt tastes like chicken. Go get him Maz http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

ColoradoChief
12-05-2000, 03:40 PM
To clarify, that was Maz at the start of the last KC drive. I just watched him at the end of the game and it looked like he said:

(missed the start, then)"You guys suck!"

WOW! I wish I knew who he was yelling at!

redhed
12-05-2000, 03:51 PM
Clint,

Q: The Patriots had their highest offensive output of the season against you. Why are you still suffering although you said your team is playing hard ?

CUNNINGHAM: "Because we have three and four rookies playing. (LB) Mike Maslowski's never started before. We have two corners who've played full time -- William Bartee, Patrick Dennis -- and (SS) Greg Wesley. That makes a little bit of a difference.

This team of Peterson and Gunther should be thanking Maz and Wesley for not making them look like fools for signing Bush and not resigning Tongue.<BR>

The_Grand_Illusion
12-05-2000, 03:55 PM
If King Carl is here next year nothing will change. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

redhed
12-05-2000, 03:56 PM
Maz and Wesley have played as well as any veteran I've seen in KC in a long time. As bad as Bartee and Dennis have played at times, they have outplayed Dishman. To blame them for this teams struggles is absurd. The answer to the question is obvious: This coaching staff has not prepared this team to win, this week or this year. Accept responsiblity Gun!!

BIG_DADDY
12-05-2000, 04:10 PM
We saw the unraveling of the CHIEFS on the field not the sideline.

Obviously Elvis should have not thrown to TonyG in that dire situation but TonyG could have batted the pass down and KC would have had another shot at the endzone.

------------------
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Chieficus
12-05-2000, 04:15 PM
Coogs:

The winds of change you're expecting to blow began wafting through Airholehead Stadium in August 2000, the currents of which have carried the soft sounds of chiefies gagging and choking. They were so quiet about it that you didnít notice until 13 games into the regular season. Oh well...

Oh yeah you can sink lower, although time will reveal whether you do and how low.

chiefies haven't finished stinking up the place yet, so the fresh wind you sense is probably you gettng used to the stench.

I agree; coaching and personnel changes are coming quickly.<BR>

Mi_chief_fan
12-05-2000, 04:32 PM
Best in West and Raider Corporate,

The unraveling was on the sideline most definately. It was between the coaches. It was also Maz with what G Man said. I'm almost sure Maz was screaming at the coaches also.

G Man

In the tape you have, can you tell if that was Raye and Gun who were exchanging dirt looks?

[This message has been edited by Coogs (edited 12-05-2000).]

Mi_chief_fan
12-05-2000, 04:34 PM
It also has to be apparent that Gun doesn't know what is taking place during the game. I don't know what he does for 22 hours a day, but you would think in that amount of time we would have the most organized coaching staff and players in the NFL. Instead we have the most disorganized bunch. They showed it off in the last 2 minutes last night.

ColoradoChief
12-05-2000, 06:56 PM
Coogs - I couldn't tell exactly who it was, but it wasn't Raye. I thought it was Al Lavan, but I could be wrong. It didn't really look like he was blaming that particular person, just venting perhaps.

Mi_chief_fan
12-05-2000, 07:16 PM
G Man,
Thanks! The shot happened so fast on TV that night I couldn't tell if Raye had made his way to the sideline or not.

To me that whole last 2 minute scene was the scene of a desparate man. It is kind of ironic I think, that a man who stated when he took the job last year that he had been preparing for a head coaching job all his life, undermined the creditability of the people he needsed the most. His 3 stooges. Guns public berating of the 3 stooges performance the last few weeks is something that should have remained behind closed doors. It does not matter what any of us thinks about the stooges, but what the players think is paramount.

Even this week, Gun said all 3 of the stooges brought in ideas for him to look at, and he threw all of the ideas out of the window. The players have to read and hear this also, and they have to wonder if their mentors are competent.

Gun has, weather he wanted to or not, rendered his 3 stooges as worthless. There will be changes at the very least in these ranks. Gun has made sure of that. I also think he has shown his true leadership qualities during this stretch. There is a major breakdown of communication. that is what he is suppose to be in charge of.

For those who missed picking up on it, Maz pointed it out for all to see after the last play.

j molina
12-05-2000, 09:21 PM
F**k GUnther if he wants to blame this on Maz and Wesley, Dennis, and Bartee!! There isn't anyone who could do a better job than them and if there were they would be out there. I am sick and frickin tired of all of his chicken sh*t, p*ssy excuses, and blaming everyone other than himself. This has me so pissed off right now, I can't believe he would blame Maz. I hope the mad dog yells at Gun and makes the cream puff bawl. Damnit :mad:

Sorry about all the expletives.

The_Grand_Illusion
12-05-2000, 09:38 PM
Don't blame Gun blame King Carl he's the one who set this up for failure. :mad:

[This message has been edited by ChiefPriority (edited 12-05-2000).]

Dr. Red
12-06-2000, 07:13 AM
Don't you see, this is the genius of Gun. He falls on the sword and badmouths the team leaders. We then rally to their support. They get the praise they need, even in a loss.