PDA

View Full Version : Star board says Trotter The Chief was reported on ESPN radio.

Tuckdaddy
03-03-2005, 12:59 PM
http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-kcsports&msg=44698.1&ctx=1

I hope they are right.

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Their sources are ESPN radio and ProFootballTalk.

Please don't post crap from the Star board.

Saulbadguy
03-03-2005, 01:01 PM
I was listening to the Dan Patrick show during my lunch hour and I am almost positive he said that Trotter signed with the Kansas City Chiefs. Anyone else hear this?

EDIT: Quoted from the KC STar BBS.

keg in kc
Nothing about it on the 1 pm radio sportscenter.

The Bad Guy
Here we go again.

ptlyon
03-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Their sources are ESPN radio and ProFootballTalk.

Please don't post crap from the Star board.

Amen. It obviously is NOT true because it has not been posted here first.

ENDelt260
03-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Hey, to Daddy T's credit... he did clearly identify the Star Board as his source in the thread title.

Cochise
03-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Did you guys know that the Chiefs won the super bowl last year?

**disclaimer - this information came from the post it note that I wrote it on.

HolmeZz
03-03-2005, 01:13 PM
This was posted on another board as well. Checking for m0re sources.

Phobia
03-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Hey, to Daddy T's credit... he did clearly identify the Star Board as his source in the thread title.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the way he posted this either.

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 01:14 PM

wink, wink, nudge, nudge

Stinger
03-03-2005, 01:16 PM
I was listening to the Dan Patrick show during my lunch hour and I am almost positive he said that Trotter signed with the Kansas City Chiefs. Anyone else hear this?

EDIT: Quoted from the KC STar BBS.

Ok here is how it happened He started off his show by briefly talking about Randy Moss and all that has been going on in Free agency for about 2 min intro. In that 2 min intro he mentioned and I am paraphrazing here " you have trotter now in KC" . I believe he was going off of mort report yesterday.

He then had Peter King on talked about this for about 30 seconds. Basically why did Philly let him go. Peter siad that they in their mind they could not pay alot of him because of in knees (paraphrase).

THERE WAS NO CONFIRMATION

BigRedChief
03-03-2005, 01:16 PM

Yes, its hit all the BB's. They all trace back to espn radio as the source. Maybe just repeating the same thing over and over?

petegz28
03-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I don't have a problem with the way he posted this either.

Me either.

The Bad Guy
03-03-2005, 01:18 PM
I saw on another Chief board that 810 reported that Hartwell left for his visit with the Cardinals.

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Me either.

FYI, the title of this thread has been edited by a moderator.

Hence the "wink, wink, nudge, nudge".

Stinger
03-03-2005, 01:20 PM

no need see post 12

Ok here is how it happened He started off his show by briefly talking about Randy Moss and all that has been going on in Free agency for about 2 min intro. In that 2 min intro he mentioned and I am paraphrazing here " you have trotter now in KC" . I believe he was going off of mort report yesterday.

He then had Peter King on talked about this for about 30 seconds. Basically why did Philly let him go. Peter siad that they in their mind they could not pay alot of him because of in knees (paraphrase).

THERE WAS NO CONFIRMATION

keg in kc
03-03-2005, 01:21 PM
I saw on another Chief board that 810 reported that Hartwell left for his visit with the Cardinals.I didn't catch that, but Petro did just give his reason for liking Trotter over Hartwell. He says if you're looking for immediate impact in the short term, that Trotter is the way to go because he's a proven leader, whereas you'll probably get more years out of Hartwell since he's younger and has less wear, and he has..tutored under Lewis, but you don't really know whether he's a leader. So if you're looking at 2005 as a last shot, then Trotter's the way to go. Petro says.

bricks
03-03-2005, 01:22 PM
this is ridiculous. this is starting to sound like Hugh Douglas part 2! :shake: :banghead:

Tuckdaddy
03-03-2005, 01:22 PM

I certainly did. Personally, until I see it on ESPN I don't believe it.

Ralphy Boy
03-03-2005, 01:24 PM
I hate to contribute a third hand article, but here's a link to an article on Chiefs Coalition that someone apparently pulled from Warpaint Illustrated saying basically that the Chiefs are playing it very careful with physical's being required prior to contract negotiations.

Link (http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=22485)

I don't know if you have to join there or not to follow the link, but i can't copy just the article for some reason.

Chiefnj
03-03-2005, 01:25 PM
I'd be surprised if Trotter signs with anyone this week. First, he has knee issues and that has to be a complicating matter in trying to figure out a contract with the guy. Second, wasn't it reported in Philly that Trotter would give the Eagles an opportunity to match?

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 01:29 PM
I certainly did. Personally, until I see it on ESPN I don't believe it.

Not so fast.

The title of this thread is EDITED.

When I clicked on it, there was no mention of the Star board in the title.

BigRedChief
03-03-2005, 01:30 PM
I hate to contribute a third hand article, but here's a link to an article on Chiefs Coalition that someone apparently pulled from Warpaint Illustrated saying basically that the Chiefs are playing it very careful with physical's being required prior to contract negotiations.

Link (http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=22485)

I don't know if you have to join there or not to follow the link, but i can't copy just the article for some reason.

It's an article from Warpaint Illustrated. I think the mods posted something lately asking us not to post stuff like this without a link to the actual article not a posting of the article on a bb? IIRC :hmmm:

Chiefnj
03-03-2005, 01:34 PM
It's an article from Warpaint Illustrated. I think the mods posted something lately asking us not to post stuff like this without a link to the actual article not a posting of the article on a bb? IIRC :hmmm:

I don't think you can get the article without being a subscriber.

BigRedChief
03-03-2005, 01:42 PM
It was the Dan Patrick show that said Trotter had signed. Dan Patrick was talking about free agents and said that the way he understood the situation was that Trotter to KC is a done deal and will be announced soon. Which might explain why Hartwell is on a plane to Arizona.

royr17
03-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Thats good news now lets get Rolle signed ......

Stinger
03-03-2005, 01:47 PM
It was the Dan Patrick show that said Trotter had signed. Dan Patrick was talking about free agents and said that the way he understood the situation was that Trotter to KC is a done deal and will be announced soon. Which might explain why Hartwell is on a plane to Arizona.

HE NEVER SAID THAT!!!!

He infered that in his opening but confirmed nothing. Like Morten did yesterday

Tuckdaddy
03-03-2005, 01:54 PM
FYI, the title of this thread has been edited by a moderator.

Hence the "wink, wink, nudge, nudge".

I wrote it just like it is.

BigRedChief
03-03-2005, 01:56 PM
HE NEVER SAID THAT!!!!

He infered that in his opening but confirmed nothing. Like Morten did yesterday

I thought that was the way I paraphrased his words. That it was his understanding that a deal had been worked out. Not that he had hard info that a deal had been worked out.

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 01:58 PM
I wrote it just like it is.

When I clicked on the thread for this link, the title was "Trotter a Chief?"

Calcountry
03-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I don't have a problem with the way he posted this either.I will be sure to just reply to threads, its much safer that way. :p

Cochise
03-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Ooopsie Poopsie!

ptlyon
03-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Amen. It obviously is NOT true because it has not been posted here first.

*cough* hmmm. *cough*

Cochise
03-05-2005, 08:46 AM
When I clicked on the thread for this link, the title was "Trotter a Chief?"

Is he a chief yet? ROFL

Bowser
03-05-2005, 09:07 AM
I thought I heard on Sportscenter that he signed with Philly for less money than what we offered him here. Why would he waste his time to come here, other than the pampering, free dinner, and high priced hookers?

Oh. I love it when I answer my oWn questions....

Cochise
03-05-2005, 09:13 AM
I thought I heard on Sportscenter that he signed with Philly for less money than what we offered him here. Why would he waste his time to come here, other than the pampering, free dinner, and high priced hookers?

Oh. I love it when I answer my oWn questions....

It says on ESPN that the Bengals, Falcons, and Seahawks were after him but doesn't really say whose was the offer that was more lucrative that he eventually rejected in favor of staying with Philly.

If I might speculate, it sounds to me like he wanted to stay in Philly for the most part but would have skipped town if a substantially bigger payday was out there, and after shopping around and not finding a huge contract, decided to stay where he was.

Bowser
03-05-2005, 09:15 AM
It says on ESPN that the Bengals, Falcons, and Seahawks were after him but doesn't really say whose was the offer that was more lucrative that he eventually rejected in favor of staying with Philly.

If I might speculate, it sounds to me like he wanted to stay in Philly for the most part but would have skipped town if a substantially bigger payday was out there, and after shopping around and not finding a huge contract, decided to stay where he was.

I'll buy that. I was suprised to see he signed for four years, with only like a three of four mil bonus. Maybe he realizes it IS the system in Philly that makes him look good.

Cochise
03-05-2005, 09:18 AM
I'll buy that. I was suprised to see he signed for four years, with only like a three of four mil bonus. Maybe he realizes it IS the system in Philly that makes him look good.

Who knows, maybe when he really started thinking about leaving the team he's played his best years with. Maybe when he thought about getting a deal hammered out with the Chiefs he thought, the Chiefs might get to the promised land, but the Eagles are much closer. Maybe he couldn't bring in the numbers he thought because of his knees.

I won't cut the guy down for deciding to dance with the one who brung him, though. We'll probably never know what the real reasoning was.