PDA

View Full Version : More bad draft news :(

suds79
03-03-2005, 05:17 PM
1st Derrick Johnson solidifies himself well out of our reach and now this....

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Inside the League reports Miami CB Antrel Rolle ran in the low 4.4 range (4.41 to 4.42) at the Hurricanes' pro day Thursday, March 3, in Coral Gables, Fla. Considering that his post-40 workout was equally as impressive, and he ran on a slow surface (damp grass), his performance has the potential to move him ahead of West Virginia's Adam Jones as the top cornerback in the draft.

I'm going to go hang myself now. :huh:

ZootedGranny
03-03-2005, 05:25 PM
his performance has the potential to move him ahead of West Virginia's Adam Jones as the top cornerback in the draft.

Which is exactly where he should've been all along. I didn't see every WVU game this past season, but I never saw anything from PacMan that made me think he was better than Rolle.

I'm just hoping Rogers will be there when we pick.

matts22
03-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Which is exactly where he should've been all along. I didn't see every WVU game this past season, but I never saw anything from PacMan that made me think he was better than Rolle.

I'm just hoping Rogers will be there when we pick.

Me too! :)

suds79
03-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Me too! :)

Well I guess that's all we have left. :shake:

Rain Man
03-03-2005, 05:42 PM
This will just help one of those wide receivers fall to our pick.

whoman69
03-03-2005, 05:45 PM
I don't think there's been much doubt that Rolle would move ahead. He comes from the big name school with a history of producing big time NFL players. This really doesn't change anything for us because he was not going to be available to us in any case.

eazyb81
03-03-2005, 05:47 PM
To be fair, PacMan's pro day at West Virginia is next week so we will have to see how he runs. Rumors have been flying that he will run a 4.25, so if he pulls it off he will move ahead of Rolle for good.

suds79
03-03-2005, 05:48 PM
I don't think there's been much doubt that Rolle would move ahead. He comes from the big name school with a history of producing big time NFL players. This really doesn't change anything for us because he was not going to be available to us in any case.

Well surpriseingly, I've seen most boards showing Pac Man Jones as the top CB with Rolle in the 2 slot which would of been perfect for us because appently outside of Tennessee, there really isn't another team with a need for CB as bad.

I'm just scared that we'll now possibly go pac-man Jones. I never heard of the guy before the offseason and there's nothing I fear more than 1 year wonder or guys who come out of nowhere come draft time.