Says he's coming back tomorrow. Leabo asked "Going to be a Chief"

hartwell's answer:

"Looking forward to it"

Archie Bunker
03-03-2005, 07:14 PM
I am excited. Just not sure I believe anything these days. :cuss:

DaKCMan AP
03-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Getting together later tonight with someone from the Chiefs - either Peterson or a coach. Chiefs don't want him to leave, neither do his agent. He was supposed to leave earlier today, but now he's staying the night and tomorrow.

Bowser
03-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Let's hope he stays the next 5 to 6 years! :thumb:

For some reason, I hope we land him instead of Trotter. Hartwell, Bell, and Rolle would look good on the same defense week in and week out.

*Reality check*
If we sign ONE of those guys, the front office will declare this off-season a success.

:cuss:

Chiefnj
03-03-2005, 07:15 PM
It's a good sign that Hartwell is staying since he supposedly had a lot of other visits scheduled. It's always important to keep the players from visiting other cities. It was obvious though that there was still work to be done. He didn't say anything about being close, etc.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-03-2005, 07:16 PM
two good looking lesbians should be waiting in his room

royr17
Well thats good news .........

beer bacon
Sounds like Hartwell, Bell, and Smith are all coming back tomorrow according to 810.

dirk digler
Fuggin Awesome!! CP better blow him good tonight.

dirk digler
03-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Sounds like Hartwell, Bell, and Smith are all coming back tomorrow according to 810.

Who's Smith?

Bowser
03-03-2005, 07:17 PM

We're not trying to sign Andruw Jones, here.......

Coach
03-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Who's Smith?

Dwight Smith, the BB boy.

beer bacon
Who's Smith?

Dwight Smith. Hard hitting safety/CB from Tampa.

Spicy McHaggis
Does anyone know if Gun is taking part in these talks. I think after discussing philosophy with him I'd be all fired up to suit up and play.

jynni
You know it's probably a good thing the FO is brining everybody in at once. That way whoever is signed knows that he isn't the only FA coming in.

Who was it last year that basically said he didn't want all the pressure that would come with being the Chiefs major FA signing (was it Vincent?)

Archie Bunker
What postition is Smith? Would he relace a Safey or fill in for Warfield at Corner?

beer bacon
Does anyone know if Gun is taking part in these talks. I think after discussing philosophy with him I'd be all fired up to suit up and play.

He is. It sounds like from the Trotter and Rolle interviews that they spent a lot of time with him.

Spicy McHaggis
03-03-2005, 07:19 PM
You know it's probably a good thing the FO is brining everybody in at once. That way whoever is signed knows that he isn't the only FA coming in.

Who was it last year that basically said he didn't want all the pressure that would come with being the Chiefs major FA signing (was it Vincent?)

I wouldn't want someone on the team who couldn't handle the pressure.

dirk digler
03-03-2005, 07:19 PM
Dwight Smith. Hard hitting safety/CB from Tampa.

Thanks Coach and beer baron. BTW when did he come in I hadn't heard about him until just now.

beer bacon
03-03-2005, 07:20 PM
I wouldn't want someone on the team who couldn't handle the pressure.

Vincent can handle the pressure. I think he was completely BSing us last year.

keg in kc
Smith's got some legal issues as of Tuesday. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Miles
Thanks Coach and beer baron. BTW when did he come in I hadn't heard about him until just now.

Sounds like he got here late. About the same time a Bell probably.

beer bacon
03-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Smith's got some legal issues as of Tuesday. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I heard from Carl that he wants every member of our secondary next year to have been convicted of at least one felony.

Iowanian
03-03-2005, 07:21 PM

Good Idea.........but this guy is in the NFL and runs with Ray Ray......

He's going to require 3!!!chics at the same time.

beer bacon
03-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Sounds like he got here late. About the same time a Bell probably.

I think they said on the radio they both got here around 5 or 5:30. They got here around the time Trotter left.

LiL stumppy
03-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Hmm this is a good sign.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Good Idea.........but this guy is in the NFL and runs with Ray Ray......

He's going to require 3!!!chics at the same time.

Tony G should be able to set this up

LiL stumppy
03-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Hm,I would rather have Hartwell then Trotter anyways.But I would be happy with either one.

Dave Lane
03-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Hell Yeah!

Dave

DaKCMan AP
03-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Hm,I would rather have Hartwell then Trotter anyways.But I would be happy with either one.

Yep. Beggars can't be choosers.

MGRS13
03-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey I hadn't heard Dwight Smith was in town. Is this true?

HolmeZz
03-03-2005, 07:36 PM
I'd give my left nut for Rolle, Hartwell/Trotter, and Smith.

beer bacon
03-03-2005, 07:36 PM
Hey I hadn't heard Dwight Smith was in town. Is this true?

That is what they have been saying on 810 am.

Nightfyre
03-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Realllyyy......

Bowser
03-03-2005, 07:38 PM

Let's bring this thread to the top in three or four days..........

Dave Lane
03-03-2005, 07:38 PM

Hell three!

Dave

MGRS13
03-03-2005, 07:39 PM
That is what they have been saying on 810 am.
Thanx dude, rep! Damn Smith would be awesome what we need here are a few more lose cannons and a few less choir boys.

the Talking Can
03-03-2005, 07:41 PM
oh man....I assumed there was no way we'd sign the young, healthy, ascending, and expensive guy (Hartwell) when the old, injured, cheaper guy (Trotter) was available...freakin awesome

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Just remember, Hartwell is younger with no injuries.

He's also just finishing his 1st NFL contract and has never been asked to be the leader of his team.

We have no idea if he can be a "field general" and we also have no idea how he'll react if he gets a fat contract. Those two things with Trotter are known quantities.

I'm not saying we shouldn't sign one or the other. I'm just saying that there are benefits and disadvantages to either of them.

go bo
03-03-2005, 07:49 PM

He's also just finishing his 1st NFL contract and has never been asked to be the leader of his team.

We have no idea if he can be a "field general" and we also have no idea how he'll react if he gets a fat contract. Those two things with Trotter are known quantities.

I'm not saying we shouldn't sign one or the other. I'm just saying that there are benefits and disadvantages to either of them.i heard from warpaint that he thinks your (sic) just apologizing for carl again...

you know, setting up an excuse to have not signed them... :p :p :p

Chiefnj
03-03-2005, 08:00 PM

I'm not saying we shouldn't sign one or the other. I'm just saying that there are benefits and disadvantages to either of them.

Hartwell really does have a lot of uncertainty. He's been playing in a 3-4 with some very talented corners, safeties, linebackers and pass rushers around him. The Ravens are Lewis' and Reeds' team, they're the vocal leaders, not Edgerton. Chief fans are going to expect him to be the messiah of the middle. That's a lot of pressure on the kid.

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Hartwell really does have a lot of uncertainty. He's been playing in a 3-4 with some very talented corners, safeties, linebackers and pass rushers around him. The Ravens are Lewis' and Reeds' team, they're the vocal leaders, not Edgerton. Chief fans are going to expect him to be the messiah of the middle. That's a lot of pressure on the kid.

Yep. Don't forget, this will be his first big contract too. He could be ok, or he could be Ryan Sims.

Bowser
03-03-2005, 08:11 PM
We have Kawika Mitchell, guys. Let's not condemn Hartwell just yet. At the very least, he has seen how to do it right......

the Talking Can
03-03-2005, 08:12 PM
risk is inherent...

MGRS13
03-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Yep. Don't forget, this will be his first big contract too. He could be ok, or he could be Ryan Sims.
But he can't be worse then what we have now...unless, does any one know for sure he has a pulse? A dead guy could possibly be worse then what we have...well maybe....he'd have to be REALLY dead.

shaneo69
03-03-2005, 08:14 PM

You have trouble making up your mind, don't you?

keg in kc
03-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Every free agent has their positives and negatives.

I don't think we can go wrong with Hartwell or Trotter when Mitchell and Fuj is all we have on the roster. Now what to do to fill the other three roster spots.

Chiefnj
03-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Summary of Clark Judge interview:

Clark Judge is saying Hartwell is good, but he heard stories that he might be staying because he missed a plane.

Rolle is the best free agent period. 28, solid player, lots of money, but a solid investment. Rolle is definately flying out tonight for his daughters b-day. Judge thinks if they let him go without signing a contract, it's a mistake.

Renshaw is asking him about the draft. Judge has no opinion whether D.Johnson will make it to 15. Doesn't think Antrel Rolle will make it out of the top 10.

There is some friction between Renshaw and Judge. Renshaw is talking over him and switching subjects and throwing some insults.

Judge doesn't think the Chiefs should trade either Holmes or Johnson.

the Talking Can
03-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Actually Sims has never done a damn thing in the NFL, Hartwell has a resume...he may become fat and happy but isn't that way now...Sims is

Eleazar
03-03-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm going to have to sleep on my back tonight because of this woody.

shaneo69
03-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Summary of Clark Judge interview:

Clark Judge is saying Hartwell is good, but he heard stories that he might be staying because he missed a plane.

Rolle is the best free agent period. 28, solid player, lots of money, but a solid investment. Rolle is definately flying out tonight for his daughters b-day. Judge thinks if they let him go without signing a contract, it's a mistake.

Renshaw is asking him about the draft. Judge has no opinion whether D.Johnson will make it to 15. Doesn't think Antrel Rolle will make it out of the top 10.

There is some friction between Renshaw and Judge. Renshaw is talking over him and switching subjects and throwing some insults.

Judge doesn't think the Chiefs should trade either Holmes or Johnson.

Sounds like Renshaw doesn't like the dose of reality Judge gave him.

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 08:23 PM
I'm just saying that Trotter would be just as good a pickup as Hartwell at this point. The positives and negatives of both cancel each other out.

keg in kc
03-03-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm just saying that Trotter would be just as good a pickup as Hartwell at this point. The positives and negatives of both cancel each other out.That's impossible to say until we know the status of Trotter's knees.

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 08:25 PM
You have trouble making up your mind, don't you?

There's no making up of the mind here. New information is constantly coming in and my inclinations do change as I learn new things and talk to people.

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 08:26 PM
That's impossible to say until we know the status of Trotter's knees.

That is true.

Hammock Parties
I'm just saying that Trotter would be just as good a pickup as Hartwell at this point. The positives and negatives of both cancel each other out.

Hartwell has negatives?

Chiefnj
Clark likes Smoot. Good 1 on 1 and confident.

Trotter should go back to Philly. He's a big risk - 2 bad knees. Remember he didn't start until the 9th week.

Dyson a pretty good corner, under the radar, not as good Rolle.

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Hartwell has negatives?

Yes, he certainly does.

More than a speedy MLB that can tackle, we need a LEADER. A field general that can direct the defense. Hartwell has not proven he can do that, primarily because he's never been put in that situation. That's a risk.

And the other risk with him is that this is his first big payday. Alot of guys go soft after they get paid.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Yes, he certainly does.

More than a speedy MLB that can tackle, we need a LEADER. A field general that can direct the defense. Hartwell has not proven he can do that, primarily because he's never been put in that situation. That's a risk.

And the other risk with him is that this is his first big payday. Alot of guys go soft after they get paid.

Excellent points. I'm not sure of the situation on Trotter's knees. I thought he was 2 years removed from the injury?

Wallcrawler
03-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Well, Samari leaving for his daughter's B-day is a touchy deal.

He's spent 2 days in KC, hasnt visited any other teams, and they are suggesting that they make sure he signs before he leaves?

You want to push, but you dont want to push too hard to where the guy just says F you, Im leaving and thats that.

I think the fact that he hasnt visited anywhere else, and spent two days here, the first two days of FA no less, is a pretty good sign that some good things have happened at the negotiating table.

I think he'll be back.

........I hope he'll come back......

.................please come back Samari......

Uh oh.... :banghead:

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Two "bi" women would be better.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2005, 08:33 PM

Are you volunteering, NAMBLAPrez?

beer bacon
03-03-2005, 08:33 PM
I think he planned his daughter's birth so that he could use it to back out of KC if the deal went sour. That crafty bastard.

keg in kc
03-03-2005, 08:34 PM
There's a difference between a 'negative' and a 'risk'. I don't think Hartwell has any real negatives, there aren't character issues, there aren't health issues, there aren't talent issues, and he's been in a position to learn from one of the best. That's not to say there aren't some legitimate questions to be considered. How will he perform when he's asked to be 'the man'? But that's free agency, weighing the risks against the possible rewards.

tk13
Excellent points. I'm not sure of the situation on Trotter's knees. I thought he was 2 years removed from the injury?
I'd honestly like to know what it is with Trotter's knees too. I know that's what kept everyone away from him when he could've been had for cheap last year, but even last night Chris Mortensen said the Eagles were wary of just jumping out and throwing money at him because of his knees, and they were apparently an issue with his physical in KC too. It sounds like he may be the biggest risk of all these guys.

ChiefsCountry
Yes, he certainly does.

Hell sign Ty Law if you want a general. He will come back healthy and when he is healthy, he is the top cornerback in the NFL.

Mr. Laz
03-03-2005, 08:35 PM

trotter is only 14 months older than hartwell

3 years longer in the NFL though

Chiefnj
03-03-2005, 08:35 PM
There's a difference between a 'negative' and a 'risk'. I don't think Hartwell has any real negatives, there aren't character issues, there aren't health issues, there aren't talent issues, and he's been in a position to learn from one of the best. That's not to say there aren't some legitimate questions to be considered. But that's free agency, weighing the risks against the possible rewards.

It's a negative that he's been playing in a 3-4 rather than a 4-3. It's a negative that he hasn't been calling the defense. It's a negative that he hasn't been the vocal leader the Chiefs need. Just my opinion.

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2005, 08:36 PM

Let's hope that you'll need to tell us where to send the surgeon this time tomorrow. :thumb:

petegz28
03-03-2005, 08:36 PM
I just heard on 610 that Hartwell mumbled something about going somewhere else. Of course that was what I got through all the whining of the show hosts about Hartwell not talking with them. They also just figured out Lucas had been signed.

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 08:41 PM
There's a difference between a 'negative' and a 'risk'. I don't think Hartwell has any real negatives, there aren't character issues, there aren't health issues, there aren't talent issues, and he's been in a position to learn from one of the best. That's not to say there aren't some legitimate questions to be considered. How will he perform when he's asked to be 'the man'? But that's free agency, weighing the risks against the possible rewards.

If that's the case, then Trotter's knees are technically a "risk". There's nothing wrong with them - they're functional - and we know that because he just finished playing in a Super Bowl.

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 08:42 PM
trotter is only 14 months older than hartwell

3 years longer in the NFL though

Those 3 years make a WORLD of difference.

Trotter has signed the monster contract. He's then had the humbling experience of being cut and coming back under a 1-year $500k deal. He's been a leader.

Hartwell hasn't done any of those things yet.

petegz28
03-03-2005, 08:43 PM
If that's the case, then Trotter's knees are technically a "risk". There's nothing wrong with them - they're functional - and we know that because he just finished playing in a Super Bowl.

I'd be more than surprised at this point if you see Trotter back here.

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 08:43 PM
It's a negative that he's been playing in a 3-4 rather than a 4-3. It's a negative that he hasn't been calling the defense. It's a negative that he hasn't been the vocal leader the Chiefs need. Just my opinion.

Yep.

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 08:44 PM
I'd be more than surprised at this point if you see Trotter back here.

Yeah, it doesn't sound real good, does it? I fear we're going to end up with Bell...

keg in kc
03-03-2005, 08:44 PM
It's a negative that he's been playing in a 3-4 rather than a 4-3. It's a negative that he hasn't been calling the defense. It's a negative that he hasn't been the vocal leader the Chiefs need. Just my opinion.To me, none of those are negatives. I see a negative as something that's already proven, just like a positive. In other words, the fact that he's played in a 3-4 doesn't mean he can't play in a 4-3. The fact that he hasn't been calling the defense doesn't mean he can't. The fact that he hasn't been a vocal leader doesn't mean he can't. I guess I have a more neutral attitude about it. I'm not in the business of making assumptions or predictions, because I don't know what's going to happen. I like Hartwell simply because he's younger and has less mileage. However, Trotter may be a better fit in the short term because he's proven.

As forTrotter, his knees are a negative, in my view, to be considered. Just like his play and leadership are positives. But the 'philly system' bit is not a negative, as in I don't think that the poor performance of guys like Douglas and Barber mean that Trotter can't play well for a team other than the Eagles. I think that, if his knees check out, if we're going for it in 2005 and the future be damned, he's maybe the better fit.

petegz28
03-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah, it doesn't sound real good, does it? I fear we're going to end up with Bell...

EEEYep! Good ole' broke down Bell.

He would fit more into Carl's cheap wallet. We will probably sign Rolle just to throw Gunny a bone.

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 08:46 PM
To me, none of those are negatives. I see a negative as something that's already proven, just like a positive. In other words, the fact that he's played in a 3-4 doesn't mean he can't play in a 4-3. The fact that he hasn't been calling the defense doesn't mean he can't. The fact that he hasn't been a vocal leader doesn't mean he can't. I guess I have a more neutral attitude about it. I'm not in the business of making assumptions or predictions, because I don't know what's going to happen. I like Hartwell simply because he's younger and has less mileage. However, Trotter may be a better fit in the short term because he's proven.

As forTrotter, his knees are a negative, in my view, to be considered. Just like his play and leadership are positives. But the 'philly system' bit is not a negative, as in I don't think that the poor performance of guys like Douglas and Barber mean that Trotter can't play well for a team other than the Eagles. I think that, if his knees check out, if we're going for it in 2005 and the future be damned, he's maybe the better fit.

I don't view the defensive scheme in Philly to be an issue at all. Douglas flamed out because of his age...it was virtually guaranteed. Barber actually played decent his first year here and was hampered severly by Greg Robinson's scheme.

Mr. Laz
03-03-2005, 08:50 PM
To me, none of those are negatives. I see a negative as something that's already proven, just like a positive. In other words, the fact that he's played in a 3-4 doesn't mean he can't play in a 4-3. The fact that he hasn't been calling the defense doesn't mean he can't. The fact that he hasn't been a vocal leader doesn't mean he can't. I guess I have a more neutral attitude about it. I'm not in the business of making assumptions or predictions, because I don't know what's going to happen. I like Hartwell simply because he's younger and has less mileage. However, Trotter may be a better fit in the short term because he's proven.

you have the weirdest perspective on things...

it's truly baffling ROFL

Ralphy Boy
03-03-2005, 08:50 PM
Hartwell had 110 solo tackles in 2002 when Ray Lewis was hurt and only played in 5 games; followed by 69 in 2003 & 58 in 2004 playing next to a healthy Lewis. His best year came without Lewis in a down year for their defense, so to me that says he's plenty capable of playing well WITHOUT Lewis next to him.

Here's a link (http://www.baltimoreravens.com/template.php?subsection=single_news_show&section=press&content_id=1342&section_id=28) to an article that might make some think more favorably of Ed.

December 03, 2002
Hartwell tackles role as leader

With R. Lewis out, Raven helps stabilize defense

By Jamison Hensley
Sun Staff
Originally published November 29, 2002

Ed Hartwell has had the privilege of learning from the NFL's best, but has had the unexpected challenge of conquering the tougher lessons on his own.

With Ray Lewis out for the season with a shoulder injury, the Ravens' first-year starting linebacker has gone from unknown foot soldier to the defense's general in a matter of two months.

"When he's not in there, of course I have to step my game up because you're missing a key guy inside," Hartwell said. "Instinctively, you raise the bar and say to yourself, 'You got to go out there and try to be unbelievable.' "

Whether it's rallying his teammates in the middle of their pregame huddle or barking out defensive assignments backed against his goal line, Hartwell has taken the charge of leader and has refused to let the Ravens' defense fall apart without one of the game's most dominating defenders.

When Lewis injured his shoulder in the fourth game this season, the Ravens' defense was giving up 345 yards and 15.7 points a game. Seven games later, the defense is allowing 6 fewer yards and three more points each game.

The defense's stability is a reflection of the consistent play of Hartwell, who has racked up 108 tackles, two sacks and two passes broken up. He likely will become the first Raven other than Lewis to lead the franchise in tackles in its seven-year history.

"You can't replace a Ray Lewis, but he's taken that responsibility on," outside linebacker Peter Boulware said. "Some people may get nervous or scared with that responsibility, but he's embraced it, saying this is my defense, I'm going to lead these guys."

Hartwell's initiation has been both slow and fast.

The 126th player taken overall in the 2001 draft, he wanted to prove himself immediately after some doubted that the Division I-AA leader in tackles could make it at this level. Although Hartwell played in every game last season, he was relegated to special teams and didn't play a single down of defense as a rookie behind established linebackers Lewis, Boulware and Jamie Sharper.

The Ravens' salary cap purge and change to the 3-4 defensive scheme this offseason provided the opportunity for Hartwell to be the sidekick to Lewis on the inside. But after just one full month as a starter, he was thrust into Lewis' role.

He lacks Lewis' on-field charisma, but Hartwell accomplishes the job with the same will. With a mixture of speed and power, the 6-foot-1, 250-pound linebacker has blasted through blockers to average 10.6 tackles in games played without Lewis.

His grit showed up last week when he went down with a knee injury in practice. Bouncing right up, he hobbled off the field on his own so he wouldn't interfere with any drills. Three days later, he finished with a career-high 15 tackles against Tennessee despite being listed as questionable, then was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week.

"He's exceeded the expectations when you take a guy in the fourth round," Ravens coach Brian Billick said. "He doesn't make a lot of mistakes. You can see his ability to anticipate getting better and better. He's getting faster at diagnosing, reacting and pulling the trigger."

Hartwell, who earned a special education degree with a 3.67 grade-point average, is known for being a quick study. And he couldn't get a better teacher in the league than Lewis, a five-time Pro Bowl performer.

Lewis has taken Hartwell under his wing and into his living room. Although Lewis invites a handful of his young teammates over to his house for film study, no one has made himself more at home than his 24-year-old prodigy.

"Don't get me wrong, Ed is a heck of a player by himself," Lewis said. "But if there's anything I've helped Ed out with is not holding back. Just go. All your studying comes during the week. When you're on the field, don't think. Just react. And he's doing a great job."

Like all of the Ravens' new starters this season, there have been some growing pains. Hartwell has gotten tangled up with blockers occasionally and has missed tackles by leaving his feet too early.

There was also that recent run of running backs -- three in six games -- to reach 100 yards against the Ravens. But Hartwell and the Ravens can try to rectify one of those lapses on Sunday against Bengals running back Corey Dillon, who gained 102 yards rushing against them three weeks ago.

"My goal for Corey Dillon is to shut him down and not allow him to have 100 yards," Hartwell said. "That's a defensive goal, not just a personal goal."

Like Lewis, Hartwell doesn't back down from a challenge and doesn't lack confidence.

"The older I get and the longer I play with Ray, it's going to be scary," Hartwell said. "You're basically going to have two Ray Lewises in the middle of the defense. Then, what are you going to do?"

NOTES: There were no changes on the Ravens' injury report. Cornerback Chris McAlister (ankle), guard Edwin Mulitalo (chest) and quarterback Chris Redman remained questionable, but all practiced yesterday.

Copyright © 2002, The Baltimore Sun

keg in kc
03-03-2005, 08:52 PM
you have the weirdest perspective on things... Weirdest perspective how?

petegz28
03-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Not to worry about Hartwell. Once I got through the whining on 610 about 30 minutes ago it sounded like he was goign elsewhere.

Mr. Laz
03-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Weirdest perspective how?
well ... i look at free agency as a "player evaluation Gamble"

Playing poker or something

you look at players that give you the best chance to succeed. Anything good known about the player increases your chance to succeed.

Anything unknown increase the risk and lowers your chance to succeed.

known good = positive
unknown = negative

a team make a list(so to speak) of all the positive and negatives things about a player and then judge whether the player is worth the risk.

good things(positives)
Good experience
Good performance
Good potiential
Good knowledge of what your going to asking him to do
Good knowledge of the system he's going to be ask to performance in
Good health history

now the bad things are pretty much the opposite ... anything new or unknown about the player increases your chance of failure.

you just said that you don't see that fact the Ed hartwell hasn't played in our defense(4-3) ... hasn't called the defensive plays ets aren't negatives.

i just don't see it ... every unknown increases are chance of failure

just like drafting a player and then "converting" him to another position ... it's an added risk to an already risky issue.

that's negatives in my book

unlurking
03-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one to catch that. I like a good show, but audience participation is a must!

:p

BigRedChief
03-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Well you know 810am had Hartwell on a plane to Arizona early this afternoon. They get through playing exibition ball with the Royals and now they are on top of the story? BS

Wile_E_Coyote
03-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one to catch that. I like a good show, but audience participation is a must!

:p what if his mother is reading this board

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2005, 10:34 PM
what if his mother is reading this board

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you are into MILFs (as opposed to 'granny's') you sick bastard.... :shake:

Wile_E_Coyote
03-03-2005, 10:39 PM
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you are into MILFs (as opposed to 'granny's') you sick bastard.... :shake:

ROFL I'm talking about Hartwell's moma

sooner or later you will be a Grand Mother F.....

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2005, 10:43 PM
ROFL I'm talking about Hartwell's moma

sooner or later you will be a Grand Mother F.....

You wanna do Hartwell's mom? :spock:

As for your second comment, I'm considering the Priesthood...or becoming "gay" in my old age. ;)

Iowanian
03-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Funny related story.

My brother said his buddy scored some Hadji porn that translated to "Over 50 ladies".....he said they were all excited thinking "great, 50 naked ladies".......only to find it was Iraqi-Granny pRon.

dirk digler
03-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Funny related story.

My brother said his buddy scored some Hadji porn that translated to "Over 50 ladies".....he said they were all excited thinking "great, 50 naked ladies".......only to find it was Iraqi-Granny pRon.

That's fuggin nasty man. I bet it looks and tastes like sand...paper.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-03-2005, 10:47 PM
You wanna do Hartwell's mom? :spock:

As for your second comment, I'm considering the Priesthood...or becoming "gay" in my old age. ;)

nevermind

get the wife a blowflex, it does a granny good

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2005, 10:52 PM
nevermind

get the wife a blowflex, it does a granny good

;)

:thumb:

Chiefs Pantalones
03-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Hartwell is a fit, big mofo from what I saw on the news. Definately a MLB, not an OLB.

Rausch
03-03-2005, 11:00 PM
Hartwell is a fit, big mofo from what I saw on the news. Definately a MLB, not an OLB.

My question is: do we have two STUD LB's to pair him with, and protect him, like he had in B-More?...

Chiefs Pantalones
03-03-2005, 11:04 PM
My question is: do we have two STUD LB's to pair him with, and protect him, like he had in B-More?...

I may be wrong, but maybe we had Bell visit because Ian Gold is off the market? Bell could play OLB.

ZootedGranny
03-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Don't start talking about Bell & Hartwell being in the same LB corps, its too disgusting. Our linebackers would just start beasting on mother****ers left and right.

unlurking
03-03-2005, 11:08 PM
What's momma look like?

EOF

:p

Chan93lx50
03-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Don't start talking about Bell & Hartwell being in the same LB corps, its too disgusting. Our linebackers would just start beasting on mother****ers left and right.

If that would happen this place would be a 24 7 orgasm until football season started

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2005, 11:55 PM

Bell-Hartwell-Fujita with Beisel, Mitchell, Barber and Fox as backups?

Damn, it; I need Kleenex..... :shake:

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2005, 06:00 AM
Bell-Hartwell-Fujita with Beisel, Mitchell, Barber and Fox as backups?Dreamy.

*swoon*