PDA

View Full Version : My friend's view on CP...

dtebbe
03-03-2005, 07:54 PM
So I was talking (bitching) about Carl and free agency today, and being frustrated I finally posed: "Carl MUST have something up his sleeve", since nothing had happened yet.

My friend replied "Yep, his arm".

For some reason, I suddenly felt enlightened. I just expect too much.

DT

petegz28
03-03-2005, 07:57 PM
CeePee feels he is in the position to shop for players for some stupid ****ing reason.

Mean time the Panthers, Raiders, Broncos and several other teams are actually DOING things to better their teams.

I give you Lucas going to the Panthers as the most recent example.

Thanks for the rochambeau Carl!

Coach
03-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Broncos and several other teams are actually DOING things to better their teams.

Uh, I think the Broncos didn't acutally help themselves when they signed Gold to a 8.5 million signing bonus, while the Broncos LB's is their strength, and they just went out and got themselves another LB.

Now they're over the cap as far as I'm concerned, since one of the beat writer from the RockyMountain paper stated that they were 3.2 or something below the cap before this signing.

petegz28
03-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Uh, I think the Broncos didn't acutally help themselves when they signed Gold to a 8.5 million signing bonus, while the Broncos LB's is their strength, and they just went out and got themselves another LB.

Now they're over the cap as far as I'm concerned, since one of the beat writer from the RockyMountain paper stated that they were 3.2 or something below the cap before this signing.

Don't misunderstand me. I am not saying that anyone has taken players we want. Excpet for Lucas. However Gold would of been nice.

My point is more on Lucas where he goes to visit with a team, they like him, he likes them, he signs contract, lives happily ever after for the next 6 years.

Meanwhile CeePee feels he is in position to pick and choose. That's fine. Excpet by the time he makes up his mind we sign Bell instead of Hartwell.

Coach
03-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Don't misunderstand me. I am not saying that anyone has taken players we want. Excpet for Lucas. However Gold would of been nice.

My point is more on Lucas where he goes to visit with a team, they like him, he likes them, he signs contract, lives happily ever after for the next 6 years.

Meanwhile CeePee feels he is in position to pick and choose. That's fine. Excpet by the time he makes up his mind we sign Bell instead of Hartwell.
I understand, but you know how Coach Vermeil is all senile and all that, plus Carl Peterson is trying to at least low-ball them, I'm sure of it.

crossbow
03-03-2005, 08:40 PM

Yeah, you bring up an interesting point. Why would the Donks feel they need to upgrade a position that is a strong suite for them? It doesn't make any sense. Why not wide receiver or tightend? They need help there and it is not like they haven't spent a ton of money the last two years on defense. I thought their defense was pretty good.

Coach
03-03-2005, 08:42 PM
I thought their defense was pretty good.

Exhibit A. Chiefs at Arrowhead.

Exhibit B. Colts at Indinapolis.

Guess the Donk's FO thinks it's not good enough.

crossbow
03-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Exhibit A. Chiefs at Arrowhead.

Exhibit B. Colts at Indinapolis.

Guess the Donk's FO thinks it's not good enough.

Good points but weren't they rated like 4th in the league for a while? I guess they are trying to copy the Super Bowl Ravens team. All defense and no offense. That Arrowhead game was an example of what the Chiefs can do when they put their collective team mind to it. Their offense can make anybody look bad. Geez, if they could do that every week...scary.

petegz28
03-03-2005, 08:50 PM
Good points but weren't they rated like 4th in the league for a while? I guess they are trying to copy the Super Bowl Ravens team. All defense and no offense. That Arrowhead game was an example of what the Chiefs can do when they put their collective team mind to it. Their offense can make anybody look bad. Geez, if they could do that every week...scary.

No kidding! When the Chiefs uh-hum "D" holds you to 17 points you have some real problems on offense.

crossbow
03-03-2005, 08:54 PM
No kidding! When the Chiefs uh-hum "D" holds you to 17 points you have some real problems on offense.

Deffinately! The Chiefs defense made all the 2nd and 3rd string tailbacks they faced look like Curtis Martin and the half baked quarterbacks looked like Joe Montana.