PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Smith In Town

petegz28
03-03-2005, 09:00 PM
Ok I like this better....Corner to Safety as opposed to Safety to Corner.

I heard he got in late today on 610. Be nice to pick up him and Rolle. Would really help the uh-hum "secondary".

HolmeZz
03-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Rolle, Smith, and Hartwell = Couldn't do any better.

NaptownChief
03-03-2005, 09:03 PM
did he get arrested for carrying his bb gun on the plane?

petegz28
03-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Rolle, Smith, and Hartwell = Couldn't do any better.

From what I heard tonight Hartwell might be going elsewhere. I heard some chatter about New England wanting him as well.

HolmeZz
03-03-2005, 09:04 PM
God damnit.

Bowser
03-03-2005, 09:05 PM
did he get arrested for carrying his bb gun on the plane?

PELLET gun. BB guns just ain't gangsta enough.

dirk digler
From what I heard tonight Hartwell might be going elsewhere. I heard some chatter about New England wanting him as well.

Hartwell is staying the night in KC to finish signing a deal with us. Dwight Smith would be a great addition and brings some toughness to our safety position.

Now does he fit DV profile?

NaptownChief

Why would he want to play for a team that has won more Super Bowls in the last 4 years than the Chiefs have won playoff games in the last 20 years? He must not be very smart.

Coach
03-03-2005, 09:06 PM

No, although to him, he feels that he's gangsta enough with a BB gun.

petegz28

We need some "thug" attitude on this defense. The DV "profile" is awesome for offense but sucks for defense.

Bowser
Hartwell is staying the night in KC to finish signing a deal with us. Dwight Smith would be a great addition and brings some toughness to our safety position.

Now does he fit DV profile?

**** the ****ing profile. I want some defenders who aren't afraid to put foot to ass for a change.

the Talking Can
03-03-2005, 09:07 PM
but is he any good?

petegz28
03-03-2005, 09:07 PM
**** the ****ing profile. I want some defenders who aren't afraid to put foot to ass for a change.

:bravo:

petegz28
03-03-2005, 09:08 PM
but is he any good?

Could we do any worse than the $6 million Woods???

the Talking Can
03-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Could we do any worse than the $6 million Woods???

sure, we could pay $6 mill for another Woods...

Rain Man
03-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Why would he want to play for a team that has won more Super Bowls in the last 4 years than the Chiefs have won playoff games in the last 20 years? He must not be very smart.

The same reason you don't want to be the quarterback who replaces Roger Staubach or Dan Marino. You'll be a whipping boy if anything goes wrong.

ChiTown
03-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Anybody know anything about his game? I have no clue as to how good/bad this guy is. I do know that he used to return kicks for the Bucs, so he's obviously got some wheels.......

matts22
03-03-2005, 09:15 PM

Um, or how about, they have had more SB victories than we have had playoff wins.

the Talking Can
03-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Anybody know anything about his game? I have no clue as to how good/bad this guy is. I do know that he used to return kicks for the Bucs, so he's obviously got some wheels.......

he has skillz with a BB gun, apparently...

dirk digler
03-03-2005, 09:16 PM

I agree fug the profile but I ain't the one the making the decisions. Smith from what I heard would have been the MVP of the SB until Dexter Jackson got his 2nd INT.

The guy can play but I don't know why TB didn't try to re sign him. Does anyone know?

Count Zarth
03-03-2005, 09:18 PM
I think TB is in salary cap hell or something.

Spott
03-03-2005, 09:25 PM
He is a decent player, but he kind of has a reputation in Tampa for being a thug. IIRC, he also got in trouble a couple of years ago right after the Super Bowl for some road rage incident. Tampa is way over the cap and isn't going to sign a lot of free agents anyway.

MGRS13
03-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Hartwell is staying the night in KC to finish signing a deal with us.
Oh so I guess your his agent since you know this to be a fact. Hartwell will more then likely leave KC in the morning and only return to kick the crap out of us with his new team.

dirk digler
03-03-2005, 09:31 PM
He is a decent player, but he kind of has a reputation in Tampa for being a thug. IIRC, he also got in trouble a couple of years ago right after the Super Bowl for some road rage incident. Tampa is way over the cap and isn't going to sign a lot of free agents anyway.

Thanks. It appears he wants to play CB not safety. I got this from CBS Sportsline

a two-year starter at safety, wants to enter the market as a cornerback. ...

dirk digler
03-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Oh so I guess your his agent since you know this to be a fact. Hartwell will more then likely leave KC in the morning and only return to kick the crap out of us with his new team.

He is staying the night so I suppose he would stay and try to work out a deal why else would he stay? Trotter has left as well as Rolle and they all came in at the same time. Just pure speculation on my part.

MGRS13
03-03-2005, 09:35 PM
He is staying the night so I suppose he would stay and try to work out a deal why else would he stay? Trotter has left as well as Rolle and they all came in at the same time. Just pure speculation on my part.
The only reson I've heard he is staying is because he missed his plane.

Coach
03-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Thanks. It appears he wants to play CB not safety. I got this from CBS Sportsline

a two-year starter at safety, wants to enter the market as a cornerback. ...

I can see why. Market value as a CB is higher than a Safety. Just never seen him play on the CB position before.

shaneo69
03-03-2005, 09:38 PM
I can see why. Market value as a CB is higher than a Safety. Just never seen him play on the CB position before.

He started at nickle CB and had 2 INT's in the Super Bowl. Then the Bucs let Dexter Jackson walk and moved Smith to FS.

dirk digler
03-03-2005, 09:42 PM
The only reson I've heard he is staying is because he missed his plane.

Really? From the other Hartwell thread

Says he's coming back tomorrow. Leabo asked "Going to be a Chief"

hartwell's answer:

"Looking forward to it"

dirk digler
03-03-2005, 09:44 PM
He started at nickle CB and had 2 INT's in the Super Bowl. Then the Bucs let Dexter Jackson walk and moved Smith to FS.

Thanks Coach and Shane. :thumb:

It makes sense why he would move to corner I just didn't realize he actually had played corner.