PDA

View Full Version : Do we care that Rolle likes to punch his wife?

the Talking Can
03-03-2005, 10:36 PM
I didn't realize he cold-cocked her...we already have on player who likes to beat up women, do we need another?

Titans' Rolle arrested after domestic altercation

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

Titans cornerback Samari Rolle was arrested yesterday on an assault charge following an altercation with his wife on Monday night.

Rolle allegedly assaulted Danisha Rolle at the couple's home in Williamson County at approximately 8:30 p.m. Danisha Rolle was treated and released from Baptist Hospital on Monday for a cut over her left eye that required three stitches.

Danisha Rolle did not immediately press charges, but Brentwood police were contacted by hospital personnel and a warrant was obtained following a preliminary investigation.

Samari Rolle, 28, turned himself in yesterday.

''With this being a legal matter I am unable to comment on the particulars of the situation,'' Rolle said in a statement released by the Titans. ''We are cooperating in this process and it is our wish that our privacy would be respected.''

According to police, Rolle struck his wife during an argument on Monday. After turning himself in yesterday he was taken before a magistrate at the Williamson County Criminal Justice Center, where bond was set at $1,000. He posted bond and was later released.

If convicted of simple assault, a misdemeanor, Rolle faces a maximum sentence up to 11 months and 29 days in jail, plus a fine. There's also a possibility of probation. The court date is Feb. 24 at 2 p.m. in Franklin.

The Rolles were married in November 2003. They have one child together, Jamir Toure' Rolle.

Rolle was drafted by the Titans in 1998 and was a Pro Bowl selection in 2000.

''Samari notified us that he has hired an attorney to represent him,'' Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said. ''We will continue to monitor the situation.''

oh well.... (http://tennessean.com/sports/titans/archives/05/01/65704681.shtml?Element_ID=65704681)

MGRS13
03-03-2005, 10:38 PM
As long as he can cover a WR I don't care what happens in his personal life. His wife doesn't either I mean she was right by his side today I didn't see her flinching.

Count Alex's Wins
03-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Bitch had it coming. SIGN HIM.

suds79
03-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Well apparently we're able to get over the fact we have a CB who likes to drink & drive.

I guess it depends on his track record.

Spott
03-03-2005, 10:40 PM
I don't really care if his wife can't cook dinner on time or not.

WilliamTheIrish
I'll give him a bonus if he punches Moss in the eye...

Stinger
Well CP is trying a new appraoch all DB's and safties have to fit a new profile.... a police profile that is . Warfield has a DUI ... Rolle has domestic abuse ... Bartee and McClean as scam artist making Fans believe they were Corner Backs.

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Define "punch"? :hmmm:

the Talking Can
03-03-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm not saying the guy is Leonard Little, I'm just saying the guy likes to punch women in the face and make them bleed all over everything.

the Talking Can
03-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Define "punch"? :hmmm:

that which causes your bitch's eye to split open and bleed everywhere until someone stiches it up....

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2005, 10:48 PM
that which causes your bitch's eye to split open and bleed everywhere until someone stiches it up....

How many stitches? :hmmm:

David.
As long as he can play corner.

the Talking Can

read the ****ing article

Coach
03-03-2005, 10:49 PM

Ah, like opposing WR's doing the exact same thing to the Chiefs DB's from last season?

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2005, 10:50 PM

Seriously though, it would depend. If it's a first time offense, if he was "under the influence," if she seriously provoked him...

Don't get me wrong, I'd NEVER, EVER condone it or do it; but I grew up in the "ghetto" and though I don't know Rolle's 'background,' there ARE cultural differences....hell, listen to gangsta rap sometime. :shake:

Rausch
03-03-2005, 10:50 PM
As long as he can play corner.

I'd love to take the high ground here, but...

HolmeZz
03-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Is Samari Rolle gonna hafta smack a bitch?

the Talking Can
03-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Seriously though, it would depend. If it's a first time offense, if he was "under the influence," if she seriously provoked him...

Don't get me wrong, I'd NEVER, EVER condone it or do it; but I grew up in the "ghetto" and though I don't know Rolle's 'background,' there ARE cultural differences....hell, listen to gangsta rap sometime. :shake:

punching chicks in the face is a "cultural thing"?

wtf?

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2005, 10:53 PM
punching chicks in the face is a "cultural thing"?

wtf?

You listened to gangster rap? SERIOUSLY?

It's pathetic.... :shake:

Iowanian
03-03-2005, 10:53 PM
I don't at this point.

No one seemed to Mind Larry Johnson Clubbing his woman with a Glock his rookie year, when he was hanging 150 yards per game last year.

The Defense needs a couple of baaaaad men to bring some violence back to the defense. Monte Beisel is a great community guy, and I'm sure he can tie most of the knots in the cubscout manual, but he hits like a girlscout.

the Talking Can
03-03-2005, 10:56 PM

It's pathetic.... :shake:

you think rap is the reason guys punch chicks in the face?

booger
03-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Ah, yes. Must be where the term "Bitch Slap" comes from.

KCChiefsMan
03-03-2005, 10:59 PM
if he will help us win games, I don't care

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2005, 11:00 PM
you think rap is the reason guys punch chicks in the face?

Of course not; but it reflects the culture that thinks it "okay" enough to 'sing' about...to inspire it's "youth." :)

booger
03-03-2005, 11:02 PM
They aint got no rap in Nashville.

unlurking
03-03-2005, 11:03 PM
If you were my bitch Can, I'd have put you in the hospital a few times too!

Then again, maybe it is better to call everyone else out because they think a walking CB is better than a rolling one.

;)

the Talking Can
03-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Of course not; but it reflects the culture that thinks it "okay" enough to 'sing' about...to inspire it's "youth." :)

oh, you're talking about country music....

the Talking Can
If you were my bitch Can, I'd have put you in the hospital a few times too!

Then again, maybe it is better to call everyone else out because they think a walking CB is better than a rolling one.

;)

can anyone translate this into English?

unlurking
Is Samari Rolle gonna hafta smack a bitch?
black actors man, black actors...

(Man I love that show)

unlurking
03-03-2005, 11:06 PM
can anyone translate this into English?
LOL

Oh, should have said "rolle'n one".

:)

Wile_E_Coyote
03-03-2005, 11:07 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar756_16.gif

the Talking Can
03-03-2005, 11:07 PM
LOL

Oh, should have said "rolle'n one".

:)

yeah...I still don't get it

gblowfish
03-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Hey, Victor Riley tried to ram his wife and baby daughter with his Navagator! Talk about anger management issues...

LJ's another chick beater. Maybe he and Rolle can room together on the road. Both of them can get Warfield wasted in the hotel lounge, take him upstairs and smack him around. Hell, he's used to to it. Didn't The Bucs receiving corp bitch slap him all over the field in Tampa?

Hell, after Vanover and Bong Morris and Brock Middlebrook and some of the other criminals that were here, this guy actually seems pretty tame!

InChiefsHell
03-03-2005, 11:11 PM
Excuse me, but NO WHERE in that report does it say that he "liked" to punch his wife...for all we know he hated doing it...

....SIGN HIS ASS NOW!!!....SIGN HIS ASS NOW!!! :cuss:

mikey23545
03-03-2005, 11:15 PM
There is no one on this planet that loves to see the Chiefs win more than I do, but some of you are turning my ****ing stomach....

unlurking
03-03-2005, 11:19 PM
yeah...I still don't get it
Oh well, I tried. If you can't remember your bitching at others during a Law vs any other CB thread, I won't force ya.

unlurking
03-03-2005, 11:22 PM
There is no one on this planet that loves to see the Chiefs win more than I do, but some of you are turning my ****ing stomach....
I'm not into hitting women either (upbringing), but I really don't care anymore. Kobe bought is wife what, a 4 ct diamond ring? Hell, let Carl buy Ms. Rolle a 5 ct and call it good.

Too bad my wife's not buying me shit for the ulcers she has given me.

InChiefsHell
03-03-2005, 11:24 PM
C'mon man, I'm sure with DV's influence he will turn in to a model freaking citizen... :thumb:

ChiTown
03-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Yes/No/Maybe

Cochise
03-03-2005, 11:27 PM
So who should we sign then...?

KILLER_CLOWN
03-03-2005, 11:27 PM
It's possible that we don't know the whole story, I mean what if she hit his fists with her face, gotta give him the benefit of the doubt! Of course if he doesn't sign here he's nothing but a thug, but i digress.

:hmmm:

ChiTown
03-03-2005, 11:29 PM
When he puched his wife, did it permanently hinder his ability to cover WR's.

We should find this out before we pursue any further.................

Ari Chi3fs
03-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Ive never hit a woman... but many have deserved a smack. It takes a lot of restraint sometimes when they are totally provoking you. Who knows what his wife did? The truth will probably never be known... this happened in 2001. I think since nothing has transpired since then... he should be okay. Perhaps it was just part of him training his wife to be a good obedient woman. ROFL

the Talking Can
03-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Oh well, I tried. If you can't remember your bitching at others during a Law vs any other CB thread, I won't force ya.

oh, just speak English next time....or get over it

unlurking
03-03-2005, 11:36 PM
oh, just speak English next time....or get over it
Sorry, my "coochie coochie coo" linguitistic capabilities eroded when my son hit 3. I'll try and work on them.

"Oh, pooooor baby. Sumby gotsa tummy achey?"

Ari Chi3fs
03-03-2005, 11:38 PM
The talking Can is so violent now that he has a kicking bear avatar.

ChiTown
03-03-2005, 11:40 PM
The talking Can is so violent now that he has a kicking bear avatar.

Fear the pink bear! Fear him!

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2005, 11:50 PM
oh, you're talking about country music....

That too. ;)

the Talking Can
03-03-2005, 11:53 PM
I don't think I give a shit any more than anyone else does, I was just asking....it does make me feel like an asshole rooting for guys who like to punch women, but winning games is more important, in the end, than women being beaten to a bloody pulp.

ChiTown
03-03-2005, 11:55 PM
I don't think I give a shit any more than anyone else does, I was just asking....it does make me feel like an asshole rooting for guys who like to punch women, but winning games is more important, in the end, than women being beaten to a bloody pulp.

:thumb:

Phobia
03-03-2005, 11:59 PM
I'm not too worried about it. She's getting paid enough to take a beating now and then.

I'd let him wail on me a couple times a year to live in a $5,000,000 home and spend some of his bank.

philfree
03-04-2005, 12:02 AM
It was wrong but if he has no other history of such behavior then it's probably just an isolated incident. If that's the case then give the guy a chance. If it's a normal behavior then yeah I care.

PhilFree :arrow:

Taco John
03-04-2005, 12:23 AM
Can someone please give me negative rep up in dis bitch? I want to place mark this thread...

Here, if this will help:

Priest Holmes is an overrated bitch just waiting to get a pistol whipping from Larry Johnson. Keep yo pimp hand strong!

Mr. Kotter
03-04-2005, 12:25 AM
Can someone please give me negative rep up in dis bitch? I want to place mark this thread...

Here, if this will help:

Priest Holmes is an overrated bitch just waiting to get a pistol whipping from Larry Johnson. Keep yo pimp hand strong!

Will you accept positive instead?

alanm
03-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Ive never hit a woman... but many have deserved a smack. It takes a lot of restraint sometimes when they are totally provoking you. Who knows what his wife did? The truth will probably never be known... this happened in 2001. I think since nothing has transpired since then... he should be okay. Perhaps it was just part of him training his wife to be a good obedient woman. ROFL
Not that I condone this sort of humor but.... You know what 1000 battered women have in common?
They just won't listen. :)
Heard it today in school. Want to hear another one? :)

Nightfyre
03-04-2005, 12:31 AM
I didn't realize he cold-cocked her...we already have on player who likes to beat up women, do we need another?

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

Titans cornerback Samari Rolle was arrested yesterday on an assault charge following an altercation with his wife on Monday night.

Rolle allegedly assaulted Danisha Rolle at the couple's home in Williamson County at approximately 8:30 p.m. Danisha Rolle was treated and released from Baptist Hospital on Monday for a cut over her left eye that required three stitches.

Danisha Rolle did not immediately press charges, but Brentwood police were contacted by hospital personnel and a warrant was obtained following a preliminary investigation.

Samari Rolle, 28, turned himself in yesterday.

''With this being a legal matter I am unable to comment on the particulars of the situation,'' Rolle said in a statement released by the Titans. ''We are cooperating in this process and it is our wish that our privacy would be respected.''

According to police, Rolle struck his wife during an argument on Monday. After turning himself in yesterday he was taken before a magistrate at the Williamson County Criminal Justice Center, where bond was set at $1,000. He posted bond and was later released.

If convicted of simple assault, a misdemeanor, Rolle faces a maximum sentence up to 11 months and 29 days in jail, plus a fine. There's also a possibility of probation. The court date is Feb. 24 at 2 p.m. in Franklin.

The Rolles were married in November 2003. They have one child together, Jamir Toure' Rolle.

Rolle was drafted by the Titans in 1998 and was a Pro Bowl selection in 2000.

''Samari notified us that he has hired an attorney to represent him,'' Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said. ''We will continue to monitor the situation.''

oh well.... (http://tennessean.com/sports/titans/archives/05/01/65704681.shtml?Element_ID=65704681)

I dont care as long as he punches the WRs in the mouth as or more hard...

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2005, 05:36 AM
Shit yeah! We should make Sexy Dexy go out and beat down a prostitute, just to see if that makes him any better!

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2005, 05:36 AM

It's pathetic.... :shake:You's 'tarted.

Count Alex's Wins
03-04-2005, 05:46 AM

Here, if this will help:

You think Rolle will pimpslap his wife again as a Chief? Not on Vermeil's watch.

FloridaChief
03-04-2005, 06:03 AM
I'm not too worried about it. She's getting paid enough to take a beating now and then.

I'd let him wail on me a couple times a year to live in a $5,000,000 home and spend some of his bank.

Right-O. As long as she's willing to Rolle with the punches, I have no problem with it...

Mile High Mania
03-04-2005, 06:32 AM
You think Rolle will pimpslap his wife again as a Chief? Not on Vermeil's watch.

Not on Saint Vermeil's watch... ROFL

siberian khatru
03-04-2005, 06:42 AM

Whew. For a minute there I thought you were pussing out on us.

Mile High Mania
03-04-2005, 06:45 AM

That was sarcasm, right?

siberian khatru
03-04-2005, 06:50 AM
That was sarcasm, right?

Easy for you to be judgemental when you've won 2 Super Bowls in the last 30 years.

the Talking Can
03-04-2005, 06:58 AM
That was sarcasm, right?

no, I'm just saying out loud what is true for all NFL fans...we would pretend to care if someone we knew was getting the shit kicked out of them by their boyfried/husband..you know, acting all self-righteous, wagging our finger, threatening, retribution etc...but we'd be online 4 secs. later hoping to find out that our team gave the largest signing bonus in franchise history to a guy who only 2 weeks ago sent his wife to the hospital for stitches...

Mile High Mania
03-04-2005, 07:08 AM
no, I'm just saying out loud what is true for all NFL fans...we would pretend to care if someone we knew was getting the shit kicked out of them by their boyfried/husband..you know, acting all self-righteous, wagging our finger, threatening, retribution etc...but we'd be online 4 secs. later hoping to find out that our team gave the largest signing bonus in franchise history to a guy who only 2 weeks ago sent his wife to the hospital for stitches...

that is a sad reality

mikey23545
03-04-2005, 07:14 AM
Not that I condone this sort of humor but.... You know what 1000 battered women have in common?
They just won't listen. :)
Heard it today in school. Want to hear another one? :)

You know what you say to a woman with two black eyes?

Nothin'. You already told the bitch twice.

the Talking Can
03-04-2005, 07:19 AM
that is a sad reality

it was the detail in the article about stitches that stuck with me...for some reason it seemed a step beyond shoving or slapping, though I know that is an absurd distinction to make

memyselfI
03-04-2005, 07:30 AM

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

He's had other off the field issues from what I recall hearing...

I'd say he's got problem behavior and that could end up to be a problem for the team.

NewChief
03-04-2005, 07:43 AM
Imagine:

If we have Rolle and Warfield at our corners, we could start the first few games without either of them, since both are likely facing suspensions from the league for their off the field indiscretions.

Mr. Kotter
03-04-2005, 07:45 AM

I'd say he's got problem behavior and that could end up to be a problem for the team.

Specifics? Or are you just talkin' outa your azz......again. :)

Bwana
03-04-2005, 07:50 AM

Well, so do you D-knees, but we let you hang around to provide a thorn in our ass.

memyselfI
03-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Specifics? Or are you just talkin' outa your azz......again. :)

I don't have any or else I'd posted them. I heard Neil Jones interviewing a reporter from TN about him yesterday afternoon. The impression I got was that the off the field problem activity was a more than one time event but that he's generally considered a 'good guy'.

Mr. Kotter
03-04-2005, 08:15 AM
I don't have any or else I'd posted them. I heard Neil Jones interviewing a reporter from TN about him yesterday afternoon. The impression I got was that the off the field problem activity was a more than one time event but that he's generally considered a 'good guy'.

IIRC, he had some baggage comin' out of college, but other than this one stupid and deplorable incident...he's been on the straight and narrow.

Dartgod
03-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Are you reading a different article than me?
Wednesday, 02/16/05

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

Link (http://tennessean.com/sports/titans/archives/05/01/65704681.shtml?Element_ID=65704681)

blsilks
03-04-2005, 08:17 AM
Well hitting his wife is more hitting then what our secondary can do.

chiefs4me
03-04-2005, 09:18 AM

I hope you remember you said this, when your daughter comes to you crying and bloody, because her husband/boyfriend bitch slapped her so he could finish his game and win. :rolleyes:

Scaga
03-04-2005, 09:27 AM
He was going for the ball...
It was a legal play.

:rolleyes:

Chiefnj
03-04-2005, 09:27 AM
..but other than this one stupid and deplorable incident...he's been on the straight and narrow.

That we know of. His wife didn't report this incident. The hospital reported it and got the police involved.

Dartgod
03-04-2005, 09:31 AM
I hope you remember you said this, when your daughter comes to you crying and bloody, because her husband/boyfriend bitch slapped her so he could finish his game and win. :rolleyes:
You're a blonde, right?

HC_Chief
03-04-2005, 09:31 AM
I care about it about as much as I care about any of you guys doing the same.

siberian khatru
03-04-2005, 10:04 AM

If my daughter's husband/boyfriend played for the Chiefs, that would be SO COOL.

vailpass
03-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Try finding an NFL team that doesn't have a violent offender. I definetely don't condone it but the sport breeds a few monsters.
I would be curious to hear Gaz' response to this subject.

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 10:16 AM
...I would be curious to hear Gaz' response to this subject.

He was willing to give up football completely if KC signed Romanowski

vailpass
03-04-2005, 10:21 AM
He was willing to give up football completely if KC signed Romanowski

Part of my reason for asking. Gaz presents a uniform, consistent view on matters of character. I'm wondering if this issue causes him any cognitive dissonance.

Phobia
03-04-2005, 10:26 AM
You want a serious response to this? Here's mine. I care. I'd rather not have shitty people on my team. It's especially disturbing that he sent her to the hospital.

But, that's their business. They are working it out. She's still with him. Anything could have happened, we don't have a clue. It's not like he and his buddies stabbed 2 guys to death and then covered it up....

If it's good enough for Mrs. Rolle and Dick Vermeil, it's good enough for me.

chiefs4me
03-04-2005, 10:32 AM
You're a blonde, right?

Now what does that have to do with it? If a man hits you once, he will do it again. I have no respect for any man that hits a woman, nor do I have respect for the woman who stays to get hit.

btw....I colored my hair.....I am no longer a blonde.

KC Dan
03-04-2005, 10:33 AM
lol!

chiefs4me
03-04-2005, 10:48 AM
lol!

And I hate it....:deevee:

Dartgod
03-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Now what does that have to do with it? If a man hits you once, he will do it again. I have no respect for any man that hits a woman, nor do I have respect for the woman who stays to get hit.

Well, you can spray air freshener on shit, but in the end, it's still shit.

My point had nothing to do with whether or not it's ok to hit a woman. It's not.

My comment referred to your inability to see the obvious sarcasm in TC's post.

Bearcat
03-04-2005, 11:55 AM
it was the detail in the article about stitches that stuck with me...for some reason it seemed a step beyond shoving or slapping, though I know that is an absurd distinction to make

Maybe it was like Playmakers, where the guy pushed her and she hurt her wrist in the fall.

Maybe it wasn't Rolle seriously clobbering her, maybe she's just a clumsy b*tch.

(Disclaimer: No act, if it was pushing or clocking her, is acceptable, but if he can turn his head on the field despite not being able to turn the other cheek off the field....)

Rausch
03-04-2005, 12:02 PM

Really?

Why the double standard?

I can understand some woman slapping me across the face. A slap doesn't put me in physical danger, it's pretty much an insult.

Some chick closes her fist and launches it at my face I'm knocking her on her ass...

alpha_omega
03-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Nope...dont care. She'll get paid too!