PDA

View Full Version : Could we sign all 3 guys?

Sure-Oz
03-03-2005, 10:45 PM
I listened to 810 earlier and it seemed like that would be a possiblity, what is everyone's take on it? Rolle wants something done tomorrow, Hartwell and his agent seem to love it here, and im not sure about Trotter. But it seemed they whined and dined all 3 together, that would so kick ass if we could get 1 but 2 or 3?

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Yes. And we better. :cuss:

Shag
03-03-2005, 10:48 PM
I can see the Chiefs getting 2, but not all 3 of those players. Maybe a Bell or a Smith instead of both Trotter and Hartwell. I don't know the hard numbers, but I've got to think we'd have a hard time fitting all 3 under the cap...

unlurking
03-03-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm dreamin' about Rolle/Hartwell/Smith.

Damn, now I gotta go harass some gays for putting evil thoughts in my head!

Chiefs Pantalones
03-03-2005, 11:16 PM
I want Rolle, Hartwell, and Bell.

That would be it though for FAs this offseason.

Sure-Oz
03-03-2005, 11:34 PM
I assume Trotter is highly unlikely now? I would take a bell, hartwell and rolle for sure!

Count Alex's Wins
03-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Bell and Fujita on the outside. Hartwell in the middle. :drool:

HolmeZz
03-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Can Bell play outside? I'm pretty sure Hartwell only wants to play MLB.

Ari Chi3fs
03-03-2005, 11:46 PM
we HAVE to get Hartwell. I will rush out and buy a Hartwell jersey ASAP.

Ari Chi3fs
03-03-2005, 11:55 PM
:thumb:

Nightfyre
03-04-2005, 12:15 AM
I want Rolle, Hartwell, and Bell.

That would be it though for FAs this offseason.
Im okay with that.... I would go get a Jersey for each of them... Starting with Hartwell's.

Wallcrawler
03-04-2005, 01:04 AM
Can Bell play outside? I'm pretty sure Hartwell only wants to play MLB.

I read an article somewhere on this forum that said that Bell could play either inside, or outside.

He could certainly help out in the pass rush, thats for sure.

Pants
03-04-2005, 01:24 AM
If we get Hartwell, Rolle and Bell we will absolutely dominate the next season. And I mean just straight up rape and pillage. God, I know it would be too good to ever f*cking happen.

Digital Takawira
03-04-2005, 04:09 AM
If we get Hartwell, Rolle and Bell we will absolutely dominate the next season. And I mean just straight up rape and pillage. God, I know it would be too good to ever f*cking happen.

those 3 plus carlos rogers/antrel rolle/pacman jones would make the d f'ing focused.

Nightfyre
03-04-2005, 04:10 AM
those 3 plus carlos rogers/antrel rolle/pacman jones would make the d f'ing focused.
I would rather take a DE in this situation so we could blitz the **** out of everyone.

beer bacon
03-04-2005, 04:11 AM
I would rather take a DE in this situation so we could blitz the **** out of everyone.

Wait, are you saying Hicks is not a good pass rushing DE? I am outraged :cuss:

Nightfyre
03-04-2005, 04:14 AM
Wait, are you saying Hicks is not a good pass rushing DE? I am outraged :cuss:
You wouldnt be the first person Ive outraged with my opinionated banter. Though, maybe Hicks will turn around? who knows?

beer bacon
03-04-2005, 04:19 AM
You wouldnt be the first person Ive outraged with my opinionated banter. Though, maybe Hicks will turn around? who knows?

I don't know. It seemed like Hicks actually got quite a few pressures last year. It also seemed like he couldn't finish and the QB would end up completing a pass for 20+ yards anyways.

Count Alex's Wins
03-04-2005, 04:20 AM
Hicks lacks the speed to get to the QB. He can beat his man, but our corners can't cover long enough for his slow ass to get to the QB.

Maybe that will change next year...

Nightfyre
03-04-2005, 04:21 AM
I don't know. It seemed like Hicks actually got quite a few pressures last year. It also seemed like he couldn't finish and the QB would end up completing a pass for 20+ yards anyways.
Ideally, a couple secondary upgrades will make the Qb hold on to the ball for a few extra seconds while releasing the LBs from pass protection roles (damage control.) This should create an insane amount of pressure on the QB and run stuffage.... IDEALLY. Maybe Hicks just needs a little help...

Nightfyre
03-04-2005, 04:22 AM
Hicks lacks the speed to get to the QB. He can beat his man, but our corners can't cover long enough for his slow ass to get to the QB.

Maybe that will change next year...
mmm beat me to it I see....

Count Alex's Wins
03-04-2005, 04:24 AM
It's actually a decent theory. Hicks had 14 sacks in 2000...

If I'm not mistaken Hasty and whoever else we had at corner left and we brought in Ray Crockett and Burntee and young Warfield and sucked.

Of course Hicks had 9 sacks in 2002 so maybe he's just on the decline.

Herzig
03-04-2005, 06:34 AM

I'm with you on that. I want one of those 3 with pick #15. We want to build for the future. We can get a great DE in round #2...Hell, We got Jared Allen in round 4(or was it 5) last year right?!! I imagine, that we may draft a couple of DE's this year.

old_geezer
03-04-2005, 06:42 AM
Hell, we haven't even signed ONE free agent yet. Other teams have identified their priorities, targeted them, and actually signed them. We seem to be more focused on bringing in every free agent we can locate and talking to them. Talk is cheap; if there's ever any actual action out at Arrowhead Drive, then I'll start getting excited.

The Chiefs seem to still be looking for bargains while other teams are looking for players. Just my .02 :shrug:

Chan93lx50
03-04-2005, 07:10 AM
Hell, we haven't even signed ONE free agent yet. Other teams have identified their priorities, targeted them, and actually signed them. We seem to be more focused on bringing in every free agent we can locate and talking to them. Talk is cheap; if there's ever any actual action out at Arrowhead Drive, then I'll start getting excited.

The Chiefs seem to still be looking for bargains while other teams are looking for players. Just my .02 :shrug:

This my friend is exactly what I am afaid of!

jynni
03-04-2005, 07:17 AM
The Chiefs seem to still be looking for bargains while other teams are looking for players. Just my .02

Didn't we bring in some of the most expensive guys?

old_geezer
03-04-2005, 07:20 AM

How many have we signed? The Chief's front office wants caviar on a ham and beans budget.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 08:24 AM

Don't be reasonable. It's not fashionable at all.

old_geezer
03-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Don't be reasonable. It's not fashionable at all.

I can go to a car lot and look at all the Caddies and Jags I want to.........it's what I drive home in that matters. When the Chiefs actually sign one of these high-priced free agents I'll get excited.

(That's what 40+ years of following the Chiefs has taught me).