PDA

View Full Version : Panthers Prove Kill-joys for CB Starved Teams...

T-post Tom
03-03-2005, 09:59 PM
If ya happen to meet anyone from the Panthers' front office....feel free to give him a nice strong kick in the groin... The rat bastards just added a few MILLION dollars to every new contract for the remaining CBs in FA. :banghead: Rolle has got to smiling now...

Seattle loses Ken Lucas to Carolina

By Jose Miguel Romero

Seattle Times staff reporter

Seahawks

E-mail article
Search Most e-mailed
Most read
RSS
It took less than two full days for the Seahawks to lose one of their top free agents to another team.

Cornerback Ken Lucas signed a six-year, $36 million contract with the Carolina Panthers today, just two days into NFL free agency. The deal includes a signing bonus of about $13 million.

Lucas becomes only the fourth Panther in franchise history to get an eight-figure bonus. Carolina had a big day, signing former Green Bay offensive lineman Mike Wahle today as well.

Lucas, 26, will start at right cornerback for the Panthers opposite Chris Gamble. A second-round pick in 2001, Lucas spent four seasons in Seattle and played in 64 of 66 games, starting 48 of those. He has 11 career interceptions, six of those last season in what was his best as a Seahawk.

the Talking Can
03-03-2005, 10:02 PM
unreal...Rolle isn't going to take a penny less than Lucas

Chan93lx50
03-03-2005, 10:11 PM
You have got to be f*cking kidding me! :banghead:

T-post Tom
03-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Never would have guessed the Panthers to do this. It doesn't fit their M.O. as they've been pretty conservative in the past. Today, they grab 2 FAs with huge contracts. WTF? Is Lucas engaged to the GM's daughter or what?

This could really fug up the Chiefs' FA plans. I guess that there's a slim chance that Rolle signed today and they're just waiting to announce it... I won't hold my breath...

Ari Chi3fs
03-03-2005, 10:27 PM
This is precisely why you get a deal done quick, so that you dont overpay. The longer the Chiefs wait to sign these guys, the more cash that will have to be laid on the table.

Miles
03-03-2005, 10:29 PM
This is precisely why you get a deal done quick, so that you dont overpay. The longer the Chiefs wait to sign these guys, the more cash that will have to be laid on the table.

Yeah that 15mil bonus Rolle was reportedly seeking a few days ago sure seems like a good deal now.

Cochise
03-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Manning/Gamble/Lucas is going to be a heck of a nickle package.

T-post Tom
03-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Manning/Gamble/Lucas is going to be a heck of a nickle package.

tru dat.

T-post Tom
03-03-2005, 10:37 PM

Yup. Don't be surprised if Dale Carter resigns with Donks and gets a $10M signing bonus. :p