PDA

View Full Version : JOIN the BANDWAGON!!!! Line starts here. (pt.2)

BroncoFan
12-04-2000, 06:43 PM
OK It's time to bring the Bandwagon back. Many years ago (so it seems) a lot of us were convinced that the Rams would destroy us. And I invited all of you to join my Bandwagon, the one that said we WOULD win. Alot of you did.

Well I'm still on it. Yes the probibility of us going to the playoffs is VERY slim. But it is still within reach. Granted it will take alot of help, but as long as there is hope, I WILL HANG ON TO IT!!!!!

Now when there is no hope, what will I do???
I will continue to cheer them, for pride and loyality!!!!

So jump on, the wagon is ready to roll!

Yosef_Malkovitch
12-04-2000, 06:46 PM
I never got off. :) I'll be on till the end.

GO CHIEFS!

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

BroncoFan
12-04-2000, 06:49 PM
LOL, Hope you brought a few beers, might be kinda rough :(

But you hold of the badguys and I'll steer :D

ColoradoChief
12-04-2000, 06:49 PM
I'm kind of torn here. While I find it extremely hard to cheer AGAINST my team, it may actually be better for us to lose. I still won't be happy if we lose tonight, but it may actually be the best thing for us in the long run if Gun gets fired. And calling our playoff chances "slim" is the biggest overstatemnet (understatement?) of the year.

alanm
12-04-2000, 06:50 PM
JOhn,
I never got off, and I'm STILL riding shotgun!
GO CHIEFS, 28-16!

Yosef_Malkovitch
12-04-2000, 06:53 PM
LOL John! Just keep her headed straight. And I'll keep all enemies at bay. I'll also try to keep some of the others from jumping off. Right now that is a bigger concern. I will even bring extra beer, for crying in.

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

BroncoFan
12-04-2000, 06:54 PM
G-man, your right it is an understatement but Homevision is great :D

this gives me an Idea to bring back another warm & fuzzy topic, I posted on the old BB

BroncoFan
12-04-2000, 06:57 PM
G Man
I understand what you are saying but I CAN NOT bring myself to ever think of losing as a good thing. At least when it comes to the CHIEFS :(

Also I agree that we need change, but Never am I willing to accept defeat for the sake of change.

bigdaddychieffan
12-04-2000, 07:02 PM
Excuse me while I jump aboard...

Count me in as someone who wants a good showing and a Chiefs victory.

I know the arguments--"A loss means better draft position", "If we suck bad enough, maybe the entire coaching staff will be fired tomorrow.."--but, sorry I just can't get behind them. We are playing on National televison tonight and I want to be able to hold my head up tomorrow. I could never, never hope for a KC defeat. Just not made that way....

BroncoFan
12-05-2000, 09:25 AM
Still plenty of room guys.
Time to cheer your team because you still care, even if no one else does, and the games really have no meaning to anyone but us.

Fat Homer
12-05-2000, 09:43 AM
Ahh, but these last few games have a lot of meaning...if the team should rebound and win the next three...then complacency might set in again and not enough will change...if we continue to play uninspired football...then maybe there will be a revolution at 1 Arrowhead Drive and will be back on track...regardless...I'm on the wagon and ain't given up my seat for no one...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

BigChiefsFan
12-05-2000, 11:41 AM
Hey! Watch where you step, fellas! I've been in this here wagon for so long it's my common-law home. Just make sure to leave room.

MM
--Doesn't take up much space

Clint in Wichita
12-05-2000, 11:52 AM
I never left the wagon and never will!

Of course I feel like those musicians who kept playing their instruments as the Titanic sank... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

DoubleWannaB
12-05-2000, 12:44 PM
I am still on the f**kin wagon, but the whells are squeaky and very close to falling off. I think Lamar needs to get us NEW wheels. Is it going to happen?

bkkcoh
12-05-2000, 12:55 PM
Red 'till dead!

milkman
12-05-2000, 01:14 PM
I will be rooting for the Chiefs each game from here on out, I don't want to have a team that gets used to losing, because once that starts to set in it takes even longer to fix.

Of course if some of you choose to lose Edwards, DA, Gonzo, Hasty, Wesley and what ever players you enjoy then you boo them every week and hope they lose. Me, I want a team with winners on it.

CHIEF1
12-05-2000, 01:30 PM
I'm still hangin' on! (to the tailpipe) *sigh* The bright side: It can't get TOO much worse. (yes it can)

rh :mad:<BR>

nmt1
12-05-2000, 01:34 PM
Still in the dining car of original bandwagon. The Big Bubba's catering is awesome!!! I will watch every Chiefs game as if it were my last. "Don't give up...don't EVER give up!!!" Jimmy V.

------------------
GO PITT!

bishop_74
12-05-2000, 01:46 PM
I'm still here, although it feels like I am stuck in the cattle car heading to some camp in Europe.

chief18
12-05-2000, 01:49 PM
Rough stinkin' ride, but I'm aboard and hangin' on for dear life.

morphius
12-05-2000, 01:53 PM
This train is carrying sulfuric acid & is operated by Amtrak.

Ah, I see that Hell is the next stop. I think I'll take my chances there.

milkman
12-05-2000, 02:01 PM
Does that mean we are about to see "Raiderland Clint" or maybe "Wish I was in Denver Clint"?

morphius
12-05-2000, 02:25 PM
No, but you might see the "I want the Chiefs to get a high draft pick" Clint or the "Why win any more f_cking games this season when all it will do is cause Carl and the 3 Stooges to be retained" Clint.

milkman
12-05-2000, 02:26 PM
Clint - Just needed the clearification...

Morphius
Butcher of the English Language.

HC_Chief
12-05-2000, 02:42 PM
From the cradle to the grave, CHIEFS!

LD for KC

HC_Chief
12-05-2000, 02:46 PM
From the cradle to the grave, CHIEFS!

LD for KC

TEX
12-05-2000, 02:51 PM
I'm still on the wagon...after the hangover from...oh...

I'm on the Chief train...but I think i'm a stow-away hiding in the outhouse car..under the seats... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

DoktorSmith
12-06-2000, 06:45 AM
I sat down for the New England game thinking that it would be better for the team if we lost. I looked at the situation logically and rationally, examining the factors that would lead to a better team [ie: no Gunther or Stooges]. The only way to assure a better team next season was for our inept coaching staff to be totally humiliated in every remaining game [similar to the strategy they employed in most of the games this season]. I would not cheer for the Patriots, but I would simply watch and observe the final hours of the Gunther experiment.

Then the game started and I was yelling and cheering and groaning as always.

Even when I know I should get off the bandwagon, I remain paralyzed in my seat.

Help me, someone. I'm a junkie.

xoxo~
gaz
butt firmly attached to the pew.<BR>

Griese Fan
12-06-2000, 09:53 AM
I just don't get this. Maybe I need a new definition of 'Bandwagon'
To me, bandwagon isn't about belief, or suspension of belief. Rather, it's about rooting and cheering for your team with all your heart, even when logic tells you that your team is not very good, or even just plain bad. That's the bandwagon I'm on with the Chiefs right now, the bandwagon I was on in the 70's and 80's, and the bandwagon that I will remain on, regardless of what the future may hold.
the milkman
life time Chief bandwagoner <BR>