PDA

View Full Version : Gut feeling...Rolle and Hartwell will sign today.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 07:09 AM
I don't know why, I just get the feeling that they will both get done today.

Saulbadguy
03-04-2005, 07:10 AM
I hope so.

mlyonsd
03-04-2005, 07:11 AM
I just hope Carl does something.

foxman
03-04-2005, 07:11 AM
Done today, sure thats reasonable, with or without the Chiefs is the question.

jiveturkey
03-04-2005, 07:12 AM
Watching all of the signings on Total Access last night turned my guy feeling sour.

I hope that you're right but the nice weather and the lack of signings is going to make this a long freakin' day.

Mr. Kotter
03-04-2005, 07:13 AM
It's just gas.

You realize that makes entirely too much sense. And we are talking about CP here.

Take a couple of "Tums" and the feeling will go away. :banghead:

shakesthecat
03-04-2005, 07:13 AM
Gee, what a shocking prediction coming from the COA.

Oh, and I think your prolly right.

DaKCMan AP
03-04-2005, 07:15 AM
if you're wrong can we punch you in the gut?

Mr. Kotter
03-04-2005, 07:16 AM
Gee, what a shocking prediction coming from the COA.

Oh, and I think your prolly right.

COA?

Warrior5

htismaqe,
If this happens, I will forever commemorate this day as a personal holiday. A defensive homers dream come true.

Standing by...

petegz28
I heard somewhere's last night that NEw England was wanting Hartwell. Either way CP better get somehting done soon. The good FA's are gonna start signing left and right.

Mile High Mania
03-04-2005, 07:18 AM
I hope for the sanity of 99% of you ... it does happen.

Mr. Kotter
03-04-2005, 07:20 AM
I hope for the sanity of 99% of you ... it does happen.

That's very nice of you. Are you SURE you are a Donkey fan? :hmmm:

shakesthecat
03-04-2005, 07:22 AM
COA?

Chief Operating Apologist

At least that's what I thought Parker appointed himself. :shrug:

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 07:22 AM
The only issue I have here is that King Carl is waiting for the 2nd tier FA's to come through before making a decision? WTF is that? This is the last year of this era. Spend the frigging money Carl!

Baby Lee
03-04-2005, 07:23 AM
Watching all of the signings on Total Access last night turned my guy feeling sour.
Your guy? :Lin:

Mr. Kotter
03-04-2005, 07:24 AM
Chief Operating Apologist

At least that's what I thought Parker appointed himself. :shrug:

Thanks. I thought that was Titus or nmt1, though.... :hmmm:

;)

Skip Towne
03-04-2005, 07:25 AM
That's very nice of you. Are you SURE you are a Donkey fan? :hmmm:
He's one of the very few good ones. And, much like RNR, he has Chiefs leanings.

Cochise
If we don't have a shutdown corner by 8:43 I'm going to start a thread about it.

Bwana
I sure hope your gut is right.

shakesthecat
Thanks. I thought that was Titus or nmt1, though.... :hmmm:

;)

They're just his lackeys.

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 07:27 AM
Rolle update: Former Titans cornerback Samari Rolle wrapped up his visit to Kansas City yesterday.
On Wednesday night he had dinner with Chiefs Coach Dick Vermeil and defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham, who coached linebackers for the Titans for three seasons.
''It's a first-class organization and it was a first-class treatment,'' Rolle said. ''It was good seeing (Cunningham), good going out to dinner with him and catching up. He is a class act, still.''
Asked his time frame is for getting a deal done with the Chiefs, Rolle said: ''Probably by tomorrow, I think.

From the Nashville paper:
http://www.tennessean.com/sports/titans/archives/05/01/66426007.shtml?Element_ID=66426007

Mr. Kotter
03-04-2005, 07:29 AM
Rolle update: Former Titans cornerback Samari Rolle wrapped up his visit to Kansas City yesterday.
On Wednesday night he had dinner with Chiefs Coach Dick Vermeil and defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham, who coached linebackers for the Titans for three seasons.
''It's a first-class organization and it was a first-class treatment,'' Rolle said. ''It was good seeing (Cunningham), good going out to dinner with him and catching up. He is a class act, still.''
Asked his time frame is for getting a deal done with the Chiefs, Rolle said: ''Probably by tomorrow, I think.

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/titans/archives/05/01/66426007.shtml?Element_ID=66426007

Woo-hoo!

This fugger better not turn into Sammari Douglas, or Sammari Marcus Spears Rolle?

Cochise
03-04-2005, 07:29 AM

Those are comments he made on the phone with Leabo that the paper is reporting. I don't think that last quote is accurate though. The question was, when did he want to make a decision and get a contract done, he said tomorrow (which is now today), but it was not just the context of the Chiefs. It was just a generic, "when do you want to make a decision". Unless they have some other source where he answered a bunch of questions in the exact same words as I heard on the radio.

Douche Baggins
03-04-2005, 07:32 AM

"Gosh do I love that KC BBQ. Hopefully the Chiefs will host my team in a playoff game so I can come back and get some more."

htismaqe
COA?

Chief Apology Officer.

Mr. Rufus Dawes himself. My boss.

wutamess
Am I of the minorty that don't give achit about your gut feeling? :thumb:

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Those are comments he made on the phone with Leabo that the paper is reporting. I don't think that last quote is accurate though. The question was, when did he want to make a decision and get a contract done, he said tomorrow (which is now today), but it was not just the context of the Chiefs. It was just a generic, "when do you want to make a decision". Unless they have some other source where he answered a bunch of questions in the exact same words as I heard on the radio.

They're quoting what he said on the radio, yes.

And he did say that he wanted to get a deal in hand by today.

shakesthecat
Chief Apology Officer.

D'OH!

htismaqe

Yep. Everybody cares about my gut feeling except you.

That means you're not a minority. You're a COMPLETE OUTSIDER.

:thumb:

Cochise
03-04-2005, 07:36 AM
They're quoting what he said on the radio, yes.

And he did say that he wanted to get a deal in hand by today.

Yeah, it did sound to me overall like he was going to sign with us, but that question I didnt think they had framed quite right is all.

Hopefully his contract is spitting out of a printer at arrowhead right now :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
03-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Chief Apology Officer.

That does explain a lot. Heh.

Other Mods, can we get Parker's Username changed to "Rufus htismaqe"?

HipHopper4Life
03-04-2005, 07:37 AM
Hartwell= 10 million signing bonus

Rolle= 12-15 million signing bonus

Only when I see the Chiefs spend over 20 million in free agency will I believe it.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 07:39 AM
That does explain a lot. Heh.

Other Mods, can we get Parker's Username changed to "Rufus htismaqe"?

No need to involve other mods. I'm into self-deprication.

Douche Baggins
03-04-2005, 07:40 AM

No entry found for self-deprication.

Did you mean self-depreciation?
Suggestions:
self-depreciation
self-deprecating
self-direction

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 07:40 AM
Hartwell= 10 million signing bonus

Rolle= 12-15 million signing bonus

Only when I see the Chiefs spend over 20 million in free agency will I believe it.

They spent quite a bit on Barber, Holliday, and McCleon.

Sorry, but I really think they get this done.

ROYC75
03-04-2005, 07:41 AM
I'm tired of allof this talk....... Just get it done Carl.

Taking the wait and see aproach .

htismaqe
No entry found for self-deprication.

Did you mean self-depreciation?
Suggestions:
self-depreciation
self-deprecating
self-direction

self-deprecation. I speeled it wrong.

cookster50

It was his GUY feeling, not gut!

Dr. Facebook Fever
I'll rep you if you're right....hell I'll rep everyoneif you're right....

htismaqe
I'm tired of allof this talk....... Just get it done Carl.

Taking the wait and see aproach .

I'll let him know. Thanks.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 07:43 AM
It was his GUY feeling, not gut!

That's was NOT me.

Mr. Kotter
03-04-2005, 07:45 AM

ROFL

cookster50
03-04-2005, 07:46 AM
That's was NOT me.

Ah, my bad. But I'm sure Carl is your GUY and there is plenty of lovin between the two of you :)

Mr. Kotter
03-04-2005, 07:48 AM
I'll rep you if you're right....hell I'll rep everyoneif you're right....

I thought I was special. :harumph:

Slut.

old_geezer
03-04-2005, 07:55 AM
I really really hope you're right also.

As I stated on another thread, the reason for my misgivings is the fact that other teams seemed to have their priorities targeted, brought in and signed while the Chiefs seemed more interested in seeing how many FA's they could see in a 24 hour period.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 08:00 AM
I really really hope you're right also.

As I stated on another thread, the reason for my misgivings is the fact that other teams seemed to have their priorities targeted, brought in and signed while the Chiefs seemed more interested in seeing how many FA's they could see in a 24 hour period.

Those teams don't have NEAR the needs that the Chiefs have. They have 3 or 4 holes to fill in free agency, so I think what they're doing is the right approach.

nmt1
03-04-2005, 08:01 AM
They're just his lackeys.

I don't know about KCTitus, but I report directly to Bob Moore.

HC_Chief
03-04-2005, 08:02 AM

I hope to all that is good that your "feeling" comes to fruition. :D

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 08:07 AM
What the Hell? Did Parker get a friggen promotion? Damn...I gotta work harder.

old_geezer
03-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Just a quick aside before I head off to work;

If the Chiefs sign Trotter - they still think Mitchell can be their MLB of the future with more experience. If they sign Hartwell instead, I think they've given up on Mitchell. JMO.

HC_Chief
03-04-2005, 08:18 AM
They need to f*cking sign someone. Quit dicking around and get the deal done. WORST defense in the league. Any of these guys would be an immediate improvement. Either sh*t or get off the pot.

Warrior5
03-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Bumping for positive waves.

bringbackmarty
03-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Second worst, behind the aint's

Warrior5
03-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Bumping for positive waves.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 09:31 AM
I don't know about KCTitus, but I report directly to Bob Moore.

Bob Moore is a peon.

Rufus is the CAO. I report directly to him and I don't have to answer to Bob.

Bob is in PR - he's actually worried about things like whether or not the customer takes offense to things he says.

Here in the Apology Department, we say whatever we want, when we want, and we're not afraid to all these rank amateurs just how it is.

foxman
03-04-2005, 10:00 AM
We wont sign Trotter, they are afraid of his knees so says ESPN radio.

King_Chief_Fan
03-04-2005, 11:10 AM

:hail: hail ye man if you are right

nmt1
03-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Bob Moore is a peon.

Rufus is the CAO. I report directly to him and I don't have to answer to Bob.

Bob is in PR - he's actually worried about things like whether or not the customer takes offense to things he says.

Here in the Apology Department, we say whatever we want, when we want, and we're not afraid to all these rank amateurs just how it is.

I work for Bob. I know he doesn't care about what the fans think.

Douche Baggins
03-04-2005, 11:16 AM
How can we sign Rolle if he isn't in KC?

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 11:36 AM
How can we sign Rolle if he isn't in KC?

Gee, I don't know. Those stone tablets sure are heavy.

:rolleyes:

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
03-04-2005, 11:38 AM
I guess the concept of the internet, e-mail and a fax machine are too primitive for him. Now if it was a telepathic message sent by the Force . . . that would be an easier concept to manage.

Woodrow Call
03-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Gee, I don't know. Those stone tablets sure are heavy.

:rolleyes:

ROFL that was good

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 12:20 PM
I don't know about this theory that they don't have to be in KC. You are paying out 10-15 million in bonus money you want to have a press conference to celebrate. Not issue a press release.

Warrior5
03-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Re-bump for positive waves.

mlyonsd
03-04-2005, 01:04 PM

We're screwed.

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 01:07 PM
We're screwed.

Hey, Warrior5 is trying hard. Don't rain on his parade. If his good vibes pull Hartwell/Rolle out of King Carl's hat he was promised a ride in the purple limo by Phobia.

Warrior5
03-04-2005, 01:10 PM
We're screwed.

Always with the negative waves, Moriarity...

ct
03-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Just a quick aside before I head off to work;

If the Chiefs sign Trotter - they still think Mitchell can be their MLB of the future with more experience. If they sign Hartwell instead, I think they've given up on Mitchell. JMO.

Good observation, and I agree. :thumb:

Cept Trotter had no intention of leaving Philly, so know we'll never know huh?

Warrior5
03-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Hey, Warrior5 is trying hard. Don't rain on his parade. If his good vibes pull Hartwell/Rolle out of King Carl's hat he was promised a ride in the purple limo by Phobia.

yeah.

keg in kc
810's now said Hartwell's on a plane to 'zona.

Not sure I feel good about that.

mlyonsd

Well, I have to say, I'm glad Trotter didn't sign with us, although I say that only on the condition that we get a decent LB in FA.

I didn't like his injuries so there's hope yet. Figures Phobia has a purple limo.

Warrior5
03-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Well, I have to say, I'm glad Trotter didn't sign with us, although I say that only on the condition that we get a decent LB in FA.

I didn't like his injuries so there's hope yet. Figures Phobia has a purple limo.

That's more like it.

Wow, with all these positive waves, maybe we can pull this off.

...Kelly's Heroes fan, and wouldn't mind a ride in Phobia's purple limo.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 01:17 PM
I don't know about this theory that they don't have to be in KC. You are paying out 10-15 million in bonus money you want to have a press conference to celebrate. Not issue a press release.

That happens when they SIGN. Which generally doesn't happen until days after they've announced that they've reached a deal.

TEX
03-04-2005, 01:20 PM

And so goes another player that could have helped ... :shake:

Coach
03-04-2005, 01:22 PM

Well not sure what 810 is reporting, but someone is claiming "on 610 Neil jones says Tim Grunhard reports that Hartwell could be signing with us as early as today."

KC Dan
03-04-2005, 01:22 PM
My gut feeling:

2005 Starting LB's: Barber, Mitchell, Fujita

and CP stating that they tried as hard as they could but either the players wanted to be elsewhere or they couldn't match the $$$. More of the same as far as I am concerned. I hope that I am wrong...:banghead:

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 01:26 PM
pen to paper, nothing else matters....pen to paper..........Let me see it. This is bullshit...

Warrior5
03-04-2005, 01:57 PM

Re-re-bump.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 02:27 PM
pen to paper, nothing else matters....pen to paper..........Let me see it. This is bullshit...

Hilarious.

Warrior5
03-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Re-re-bump.

This was about to slide off the first page, so re-re-re-bumping for Hartwell and Rolle.

...maintaining the positive waves in a sea of potential aneurysms.

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Well not sure what 810 is reporting, but someone is claiming "on 610 Neil jones says Tim Grunhard reports that Hartwell could be signing with us as early as today."

Another radio station cut in from k-state/nascar talk to tell their listeners that another radio statio is talking Chiefs? 810 is becoming worthless for Chiefs news.:hmmm:

Logical
03-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Hilarious.I agree, yet there is foundation for such a statement. Last minute changes have been known to occur, hell even Carl pulled one off with Spears.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 02:44 PM
I agree, yet there is foundation for such a statement. Last minute changes have been known to occur, hell even Carl pulled one off with Spears.

Absolutely there's a FOUNDATION for such a statement. But the extent to which hyperbole has added to that foundation today is downright laughable.

Wallcrawler
03-04-2005, 02:51 PM

Yeah, and Chris Mortensen/Len Pasquarelli reported that a deal was "imminent" and that Trotter was "all but a LOCK" to sign with the Chiefs.

All this is, is more rumors. He could sign with us as early as today, or he could end up with another team.

Until I see the press conference with Ed Hartwell holding a Chiefs uni, Im not holding my breath for ANY of these FA's to be signed.

Carl had the best guys in, but wouldnt do any deals until he sees the second rate players.

What the hell does that tell you?

I dont see what there is to think about. Rolle and Hartwell are the best available right now, but Carl wont pay. He is trying to bring in the second rate FA's to probably try to get a little leverage on them, a ploy that will most likely fail, given their talent level and number of teams that are actually willing to pay for a good player.

Id love to see them sign, but right now, with Carl's recent "These guys are way over market" statement, Im not seeing it.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Carl had the best guys in, but wouldnt do any deals until he sees the second rate players.

What the hell does that tell you?

Did you buy a time machine on ebay, or are you just full of shit?

Wallcrawler
03-04-2005, 03:02 PM
Did you buy a time machine on ebay, or are you just full of shit?

Nope, eyes are still green.

Theres an article floating around here in which Carl stated that getting a deal done with anyone, before he had seen all the free agents was not something he was going to do.

He already had the best guys in when he made that statement, so I dont know who the hell he was waiting on to come in that would be worth putting off negotiations with the likes of Hartwell and Rolle.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-04-2005, 03:07 PM
610 says the reports of Hartwell going to Az are not true, according to a couple of people from the Chiefs

hehehe nobody knows shit about what's going on

Pants
03-04-2005, 03:11 PM
Now, that I think about it, I agree with Phobia that we won't be getting Heartwell, but rather Bell. I still think Rolle is a lock with us though. We also might get Smith, but that's a stretch.

HemiEd
03-04-2005, 03:14 PM
610 says the reports of Hartwell going to Az are not true, according to a couple of people from the Chiefs

hehehe nobody knows shit about what's going on

I think that is how Carl likes it and it is not bad business. I truly believe that he is trying to put the whole scenerio together instead of jumping at pieces of the puzzle and trying to fit them together later. Why else would he have so many in at once. I think his experience has taught him a few thinigs.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-04-2005, 03:17 PM
they would want Rolle to fly in from TN, but that shouldn't take much time

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 03:17 PM
I still have the feeling that both Hartwell and Rolle will sign today...