PDA

View Full Version : How much influence has Gunther had on FA and the Chiefs?

brent102fire
03-04-2005, 10:03 AM
I wonder just how much influence Gunther has had on this years FA? It seems out of character for CP and DV to be this active in the game this early. Aren't CP and DV usually starting their 2 week vacation about now? I wonder if Gun told CP and DV to STFU, STFD and bring in these players, NOW! I wish I were a fly on the wall at Arrowhead over the last few weeks. I really wonder how much of this activity has to do with the Gun? :hmmm:

penguinz
03-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Why would you want to be an insect that is known for eating dogshit?

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Not much if you remember 2003. Barber was signed in the first week of FA.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 10:05 AM
I think ticket sales has more to do with the recent activity than anything else.

I think the specific guys they've brought in have been pushed for by Gunther.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-04-2005, 10:06 AM
I hope CP's fly is against the wall...:eek:

Mark M
03-04-2005, 10:07 AM
While I think Gun has a lot to do with it -- he's a tough-nosed, agressive DC -- I think the offense is the key.

Anyone who's watched half a game in the last 3 years knows that all KC needed was a few defensive playmakers to be respectable. And with an offense like we've got, that's all it needs to be.

Having Gun is just a bonus.

MM
~~:arrow:

brent102fire
03-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Why would you want to be an insect that is known for eating dogshit?

They are also known for landing on your food right before you take a bite :p

penguinz
03-04-2005, 10:12 AM
They are also known for landing on your food right before you take a bite :pSounds like a personal problem to me. I live in a nice house that doesn't have the windows broken out or holes in the screens. So I don;t have a fly problem.

MGRS13
03-04-2005, 10:27 AM
None unless gunther didn't want to sign any of the players we've had visit. And we can stop saying the Chiefs are active in this years FA. You have to actually sign some one to be considered active.

bkkcoh
03-04-2005, 10:30 AM
I hope CP's fly is against the wall...:eek:

Balls to the wall is more like it.....

Coach
03-04-2005, 10:31 AM
I'm sure Gunther made a nice impression. After all, he did kick their f*cking asses, right?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Chiefs/thegun.gif

shaneo69
03-04-2005, 11:06 AM
None unless gunther didn't want to sign any of the players we've had visit. And we can stop saying the Chiefs are active in this years FA. You have to actually sign some one to be considered active.

I have to laugh when I think about John Clayton's SportsCenter report on March 2nd when he said the Chiefs and Cowboys would be the most active teams in the first couple days of free agency.

Cowboys---Bledsoe, Henry, Ferguson, Rivera

Chiefs---

Thanks for getting my hopes up, Clayton.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-04-2005, 11:09 AM
Perfect and Not out of the norm scenario...GUN gets em' fired up to come in here and sign..Carl yells at them and tells them to STFU and SiTFD and they are magically gone like the wind. :cuss:

Woodrow Call
03-04-2005, 11:10 AM
The Chiefs offer someone for everyone. They have the sleezy uncle type in CP, a grandpa type in DV, and a crazy SOB in Gun. How could a free agent not love it here :)

Braincase
03-04-2005, 11:18 AM
If Gunther ain't happy, ain't noone gona be happy.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 11:19 AM

Make sure to keep posting this, just in case anybody missed it the first time.

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Perfect and Not out of the norm scenario...GUN gets em' fired up to come in here and sign..Carl yells at them and tells them to STFU and SiTFD and they are magically gone like the wind. :cuss:

Is that how it happened? Damn, that sucks. Just as an aside, how did you come by this information?