PDA

View Full Version : Not really active at all...

MGRS13
03-04-2005, 11:36 AM
The media and many members of the planet keep repeating how ACTIVE the chiefs are being in FA this year. Well have you noticed we are, as of right now, as active as we were last year. As a matter of fact we did sign our own players last year so we were actually more active last year. We've had every one and thier wives in to Arrowhead within the last few days but are the only team in the AFC west to have exactly 0 free agents signed this year...Active? Hardly! :banghead:

King_Chief_Fan
03-04-2005, 11:38 AM
The media and many members of the planet keep repeating how ACTIVE the chiefs are being in FA this year. Well have you noticed we are, as of right now, as active as we were last year. As a matter of fact we did sign our own players last year so we were actually more active last year. We've had every one and thier wives in to Arrowhead within the last few days but are the only team in the AFC west to have exactly 0 free agents signed this year...Active? Hardly! :banghead:

RAiders, Rams and Cowboys............now that bunch has been active

Woodrow Call
03-04-2005, 11:39 AM
I am trying to keep the faith. I am hoping the Chiefs are trying to shock and awe the NFL and sign everyone at once. If at one press conference you announce Trotter, Rolle, Hartwell, and Smith as new Chiefs jaws will drop around the league. I am hopefully Carl is going for shock value.

tyton75
03-04-2005, 11:39 AM
We have all the BEST defensive talent hanging around Arrowhead for 2 and 3 days.. and we aren't being active?!?!

I'm as irritated as anyone else that we haven't signed anyone.. but at least we are putting forth the effort this year!

kc rush
03-04-2005, 11:41 AM
They've been active as far as bringing people in. The Chiefs usually don't bring people in this early.

Hopefully we see some signings today.

MGRS13
03-04-2005, 11:42 AM
I am trying to keep the faith. I am hoping the Chiefs are trying to shock and awe the NFL and sign everyone at once. If at one press conference you announce Trotter, Rolle, Hartwell, and Smith as new Chiefs jaws will drop around the league. I am hopefully Carl is going for shock value.
Well right now he's shocking me by sitting on his hands and doing nothing! I can't help but think there is a "I think one more year in gunthers system is all this D needs"press conference right around the corner.

BigChiefFan
03-04-2005, 11:43 AM
The fact is, the guys that we covet haven't signed with anybody. The good news is we haven't lost out on them. The bad news is we haven't signed them(officially anyway). The ugly is, all these conflicting reports suck.

MGRS13
03-04-2005, 11:43 AM
We have all the BEST defensive talent hanging around Arrowhead for 2 and 3 days.. and we aren't being active?!?!

I'm as irritated as anyone else that we haven't signed anyone.. but at least we are putting forth the effort this year!
Well maybe you can hold up the Vince L'effort trophy at the end of the year.

morphius
03-04-2005, 11:46 AM
The fact that we are talking to a bunch of peoples agents pretty consistently since they got here, so much so that two LB's have stayed in town longer then expected says to me that we are doing something. Now put down your damn blankies and stop crying!

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 11:49 AM

Make sure not to touch it with your hankie.

:deevee:

tyton75
03-04-2005, 11:50 AM

I would say we are putting forth the effort to sign these guys.. and obviously they are interested if they are STILL here.. I would say.. money and effort are different things... it would be great if we could just be the Yankees of football and throw 20mil signing bonuses around.. but we can't!

MGRS13
03-04-2005, 11:50 AM
The fact that we are talking to a bunch of peoples agents pretty consistently since they got here, so much so that two LB's have stayed in town longer then expected says to me that we are doing something. Now put down your damn blankies and stop crying!
Yea you're right I mean every thing in the Chiefs recent history make me think they'll make the right moves. Damn stupid blind faith always feels so good...the chiefs are going to the superbowl, yeaaaaa!

Brock
03-04-2005, 11:51 AM
I don't see what there is to complain about. The Chiefs are obviously going hard after some of the best defensive talent available.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Yea you're right I mean every thing in the Chiefs recent history make me think they'll make the right moves. Damn stupid blind faith always feels so good...the chiefs are going to the superbowl, yeaaaaa!

That's the spirit.

Anybody that dares disagree with you is "blind".

Brilliant!

MGRS13
03-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Make sure not to touch it with your hankie.

:deevee:
Don't you have a column to right about how CP is doing a great job?

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Don't you have a column to right about how CP is doing a great job?

No, I submitted my story already. Thanks for the inspiration.

MGRS13
03-04-2005, 11:54 AM
That's the spirit.

Anybody that dares disagree with you is "blind".

Brilliant!
And every onr that disagrees with you is crying?
Brilliant.

bogie
03-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Give it time. I like the shock and awe theory. Wouldn't that be great!!

Woodrow Call
03-04-2005, 11:57 AM
I will say this when free agency started I never dreamed of the Chiefs being this"active." If someone would have told me that Rolle, Trotter, and Hartwell would spend the first 3 days in KC and be close to signing I would have called them a liar.

Lets not get upset until they lose them. Sit back smoke a bowl and enjoy the ride. :thumb:

CosmicPal
03-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Sit back smoke a bowl and enjoy the ride. :thumb:

Heh heh....can't wait to get home now.

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Yet again proves my theory that there is nothing this FO can do to please some...

KC is going to spend some major dollars on FA's...I would expect them to do their due diligence. It would be highly irresponsible not to. I'd rather be happy in Jan/Feb of next year, rather than March 2 of this year.

morphius
03-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Brilliant.
What would you prefer I call it? Did I say the Chiefs always make the right moves? They have the right guys here, the CB that left just went home and said he hopes to have something done soon, but isn't going anywhere else. Another LB was told just to stay in KC. What do you think it all means? Really?

Rausch
03-04-2005, 12:03 PM
I will say this when free agency started I never dreamed of the Chiefs being this"active." If someone would have told me that Rolle, Trotter, and Hartwell would spend the first 3 days in KC and be close to signing I would have called them a liar.

Lets not get upset until they lose them. Sit back smoke a bowl and enjoy the ride. :thumb:

Reason and patience are not acceptable here...

Bearcat
03-04-2005, 12:15 PM

:thumb:

I don't know why people get so wrapped up in every step these guys take... I want to find out just as quickly as anyone, but I've learned from Hugh Douglas that there's no reason to lose sleep over it.

nmt1
03-04-2005, 12:16 PM

I heard yesterday that it was OK not to win the Superbowl if you at least make it look like you're trying.

nmt1
03-04-2005, 12:19 PM
:thumb:

I don't know why people get so wrapped up in every step these guys take... I want to find out just as quickly as anyone, but I've learned from Hugh Douglas that there's no reason to lose sleep over it.

You really don't care about winning do you? You probably don't even watch the games.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Brilliant.

Ahem.

You're not disagreeing with me. That would require me to start a thread to which you could respond in disagreement.

As it is, you posted this of your own volition.

So yes, you're crying.

|Zach|
03-04-2005, 12:27 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=38553&stc=1

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 12:28 PM
Yet again proves my theory that there is nothing this FO can do to please some...

KC is going to spend some major dollars on FA's...I would expect them to do their due diligence. It would be highly irresponsible not to. I'd rather be happy in Jan/Feb of next year, rather than March 2 of this year.

Yep.

And just wait, it will get better.

We'll sign Kendrell Bell, he'll get hurt, and the SAME PEOPLE that are complaining about not signing anybody will be here in December, bitching because we "wasted" our money on a cripple.

Bearcat
03-04-2005, 12:28 PM
You really don't care about winning do you? You probably don't even watch the games.

(sarcasm noted... I hope, anyway)

Hope in one hand, and sh*t in the other... see which one fills up first.

FWIW, any or all of them could have signed 2 days ago or sign two weeks from now... either way, they'll have no affect on the team until draft day :shrug:

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 12:29 PM
We'll sign Kendrell Bell, he'll get hurt, and the SAME PEOPLE that are complaining about not signing anybody will be here in December, bitching because we "wasted" our money on a cripple.

You dont need to predict that...look at what's said about Barber today vs. March 2003.

nmt1
03-04-2005, 12:30 PM
Hope in one hand, and sh*t in the other... see which one fills up first.

That's one of my favorite sayings of all time.
I was being sarcastic, BTW.

MGRS13
03-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Ahem.

You're not disagreeing with me. That would require me to start a thread to which you could respond in disagreement.

As it is, you posted this of your own volition.

So yes, you're crying.
Well call it what you will(and to be honest I don't really give two sh*ts what you think, I suppose it's mutual). But the facts are that 1. window shopping isnt active 2. the Chiefs did sign more FA last year up to this point and 3. Every team in the AFC west has signed at least one FA except the chiefs. nlm

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Well call it what you will(and to be honest I don't really give two sh*ts what you think, I suppose it's mutual). But the facts are that 1. window shopping isnt active 2. the Chiefs did sign more FA last year up to this point and 3. Every team in the AFC west has signed at least one FA except the chiefs. nlm

There's only one applicable fact here:

1. posting the same whiny diatribe over and over again IS NOT going to make the Chiefs sign anyone, but it's sure to annoy everyone else here.

So by all means, continue...

redbrian
03-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Posted on Fri, Mar. 04, 2005

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/11046373.htm

Getty Images
Eagles linebacker Jeremiah Trotter is one of five defensive players the Chiefs have brought to town during the opening days of free-agency.

Lots of talk, but no deals

Three defenders visit Chiefs; Blaylock lost to Jets

The Chiefs moved quickly to bring Rolle, Hartwell and Trotter to Kansas City on the first day of free-agency. But all three players escaped without a contract even though the Chiefs were talking with the agents for all three players.

“They just need a few pieces to the puzzle, basically,” said Rolle, who was with his wife, Danisha, and said the couple would be returning to Nashville rather than immediately head for more visits. “A couple of additions here and there, and they'll be all right.”

Trotter left Kansas City for an NFL location he wouldn't disclose. He indicated he wanted a new contract sooner rather than later.

“I'm going to get it all settled quickly,” Trotter said. “I know all of the teams are trying to do the same thing. I want a quick decision, too.”

Hartwell was also headed for a visit with an undisclosed team. His agent, Harold Lewis, indicated Hartwell had decided he wanted to play for the Chiefs.

“The most important thing is that he's comfortable with the situation,” Lewis said. “I can give you good news on that front. He absolutely loved his visit. We've just got to find a deal that works for us and works for Kansas City.”

PastorMikH
03-04-2005, 01:19 PM
“The most important thing is that he's comfortable with the situation,” Lewis said. “I can give you good news on that front. He absolutely loved his visit. We've just got to find a deal that works for us and works for Kansas City.”

Then there is absolutely NO reason why Carl shouldn't be able to get this deal done. JUST GET BUSY!

Ari Chi3fs
03-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Im gonna have a hard time being optimistic if we do jack squat in the offseason.