PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Trotter Signs with Philly

Miles
03-04-2005, 12:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2005036

There is no denying that middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter plays with great heart. Apparently, he negotiates with his heart, as well.

The three-time Pro Bowl middle linebacker, whose insertion into the starting lineup midway through the 2004 season galvanized a previously shoddy Philadelphia Eagles run defense, has reached a contract agreement to return the team, ESPN.com has learned.

Jeremiah Trotter
Linebacker
Philadelphia Eagles

2004 SEASON STATISTICS
Tot Ast Solo FF Sack Int
61 57 4 0 1 0

Trotter tested the unrestricted free agent market for three days, visited with the Kansas City Chiefs and drew interest from at least two other teams, and then Friday afternoon rejected a more lucrative proposal to go back to the Eagles, a team for which he has a strong passion.

Sources close to Trotter acknowledged that it would have taken a tremendous offer to pry him away from the Eagles. On Thursday night, Trotter spoke by phone with Eagles coach Andy Reid, and that all but sealed his return.

The seven-year veteran will sign a five-year contract worth $15 million and including a signing bonus of $4 million.

Trotter, 28, is coming off an '04 season in which he resurrected a flagging career. Cut by the Washington Redskins in the spring, he essentially had to talk Reid into re-signing him, and he agreed to a one-year deal at a minimum salary of $535,000.

With the Eagles struggling to stop the run, defensive coordinator Jim Johnson elevated Trotter to the starting lineup in November and he responded by posting 61 tackles in just nine starts. He also provided a passion that had been lacking in the Philadelphia defense. For his efforts, Trotter was named to the Pro Bowl for a third time.

The former Stephen F. Austin star began his career in Philadelphia in 1998, moved into the lineup a year later, and established himself as one of the NFL's best defenders versus the run. But in the spring of 2002, he engaged in a nasty contract dispute when the Eagles designated him a "franchise" player.

Philadelphia subsequently rescinded the "franchise" marker and Trotter signed a seven-year, $35.6 million contract with Washington.

The Redskins released him after two seasons for salary cap reasons and because they believed that past knee problems were eroding his productivity. Trotter demonstrated in 2004, both during the regular season and particularly in the playoffs, that he remained a stout defender and that his knees were plenty sound enough.

The Eagles, who divine a player's contract value in a kind of actuarial style that takes into account position and age, do not necessarily place a high premium on the middle linebacker position, but club officials certainly wanted Trotter back. Their options at the middle linebacker spot, one Philadelphia coach allowed, were not strong.

A priority for the Chiefs was the middle linebacker position, where the underrated Mike Maslowski missed most of the year with a knee injury and youngster Kawika Mitchell struggled to fill the starting spot. The Chiefs also coveted Trotter's leadership skills and locker room presence and negotiated for two days with agent Jimmy Sexton before the talks ended on Thursday night.

Trotter was actually visiting with Cincinnati Bengals officials on Friday when he made up his mind to accept the Philadelphia offer. The Atlanta Falcons and Seattle Seahawks also showed interest. The Falcons' staff became enamored of Trotter when it coached him in the Pro Bowl game, but Atlanta never made a contract proposal.

For his career, Trotter has 627 tackles, 11Ĺ sacks and seven interceptions, and he has appeared in 100 games, with 85 starts.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

ENDelt260
03-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Board meltdown in 3... 2...

jspchief
03-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Time to get serious about inking Hartwell. I don't want Bell to be our only option.

keg in kc
The underrated Mike Maslowski?

:LOL: ROFL :LOL: ROFL

Ah well, best of luck to him. Now let's get Hartwell done.

Woodrow Call
Good. I would rather have Hartwell or Bell. Not upset at all.

Coach
**** him. a 5 year deal? No deal. A 3 year would have been better, despite his questionable knees.

Now let's get Hartwell DAMMIT!

NewChief
Ouch. Will be interesting to see if this seals the deal with Hartwell for us, now.

ptlyon
Board meltdown in 3... 2...

Implosion

Mark M
03-04-2005, 12:56 PM
DAMMIT, CARL!! :cuss:

Actually, I want Hartwell anyway, so ...

MM
~~:shrug:

InChiefsHell
03-04-2005, 12:56 PM
OH well, it'll be Hartwell then...:shrug:

KCFalcon59
03-04-2005, 12:57 PM
There is no reason to wait now. Sign Hartwell. I would rather have him anyway. Just don't give him a chance to get away. Sign him now. damn.

Chiefnj
It's refreshing to see a player who doesn't put money first.

penguinz
FOXSports.com has learned the Eagles have agreed to terms on a new five-year deal with Pro Bowl linebacker Jeremiah Trotter.

Trotter spent Thursday in Kansas City despite having an offer on the table from the Eagles. And Philadelphia had scheduled a visit with former Steelers linebacker Kendrell Bell for Friday, but his services will obviously no longer be necessary.

The Eagles have now locked up two vocal leaders of their defense with Trotter and Hugh Douglas, who agreed with Philadelphia on Thursday.

http://www.playactionpass.com/showthread.php?tid=12

Braincase
He was just using us to get some numbers.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2005, 12:58 PM
5 year deal worth 15 million with a 4 million SB is a steal for Trotter.

Wow, I thought it would of taken at least 4 mill and over a 6 million dollar SB.

Now on to Hartwell before I melt down and go on a friggen tirade about the urgency of Carl Peterson.

keg in kc
I wonder if the lower numbers will have a positive impact on our talks with Hartwell. Most of the contracts to LB so far have been cheap, Ian Gold the biggest.

Miles
Philly got a big time discount on this one. Not even 3 mil per year average.

vailpass
Hartwell's agent just popped a leverage-induced stiffy.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2005, 12:59 PM
There is no reason to wait now. Sign Hartwell. I would rather have him anyway. Just don't give him a chance to get away. Sign him now. damn.

The Chiefs just want to bring in all the availble FAs - you know like Glen Cadrez and then make their move. :rolleyes:

The Chiefs act like the NFL waits on them to make a move.

jspchief
03-04-2005, 12:59 PM
The underrated Mike Maslowski?

...who missed most of the year? Yea, he was so underrated that I didn't even realize he was in the game for any part of the year. :shake:

Gotta love professional writers...

PastorMikH
03-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Here's KFFL's bit on it...

Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:49:20 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles and free agent LB Jeremiah Trotter have reached a five-year deal that is worth $15 million and includes a $4 million signing bonus. Trotter visited the Kansas City Chiefs Wednesday, March 2, and drew interest from at least two other teams, but he rejected a more lucrative deal to return to the Eagles.

Sounds like Carl at least tried to throw some $ his way. At least I am assuming it was the Chiefs that he got a lucrative deal from since he spent 2 days here and it sounds like they were trying to land him.

I have the feeling though that we've waited long enough and we are going to start seeing the guys we've had in going elsewhere if something doesn't get done soon.

ptlyon
I can't wait to see the official CP implosion when the first "Harwell signs with [insert any team other than Kansas City here] thread gets posted.

keg in kc
The optomist in me is wondering if Trotter didn't decide to sign because he realized we're really focused on Hartwell.

The pessimist in me responds "yeah, right."

shaneo69
Wait, 610 just reported that Trotter was staying in KC for the weekend...

HolmeZz
03-04-2005, 01:01 PM
I don't mind. I've been leaning more towards Hartwell in the last few days. If we don't sign Ed, THEN the board should meltdown.

NewChief
The Chiefs just want to bring in all the availble FAs - you know like Glen Cadrez and then make their move. :rolleyes:

No doubt. To use a geeky gaming metaphor, Carl acts like it's a turn-based strategy game. Everyone gets a chance to take a turn at making a move, then all the moves go into play. You gotta be quick on the draw in free agency if you want to land the prize.

vckcchiefs04
We can say, oh well we wanted Hartwell anyway, but what if the Chiefs get to the point where they say "Oh well, we have Kawika"? DO SOMETHING CARL!!!!!!!!! GET OFF YOUR PENNY SQUEEZING A$$!!!!! :cuss:

jspchief
Hartwell's agent just pooped a leverage-induced stiffy.Hartwell's agent shouldn't have stiffys that need pooping. he should just ask DC to pull it out instead of breaking it off.

Edit: You were quick on the edit Vail, but not quick enough for me to miss it. :)

ENDelt260
I can't wait to see the official CP implosion when the first "Harwell signs with [insert any team other than Kansas City here] thread gets posted.
When that happens I'm just going to spend the rest of the day doing work. I know I won't be able to get a response from the Planet.

Gaz
03-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Good news.

xoxo~
Gaz
Wants healthier knees at MLB.

Sure-Oz
03-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Get Bell, Rolle and Hartwell signed now damnit!

petegz28

:toast:

alpha_omega
No prob...Sign Hartwell...NOW!!!!!!!!!

ptlyon
03-04-2005, 01:04 PM
Wait, 610 just reported that Trotter was staying in KC for the weekend...

Thanks to Philly he has some shopping to do

KILLER_CLOWN
Time for Whitlock to make a visit to Carl's house, I mean it's not like he still works or anything. Time to get your arse back home Carl and start working on sealing the deal.

Ari Chi3fs
wow. a 4 million dollar Signing bonus. Yeah, he has mad love for philly. Props to him. I give him http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/newannounce.gif

HolmeZz
03-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Geez, he took no money to go back to Philly. :p

Vegas_Dave
03-04-2005, 01:10 PM
<A name=217284>Eagles | Trotter Re-signs - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:49:20 -0800
Len Pasquarelli (http://www.kffl.com/link/17), of ESPN.com (http://www.kffl.com/link/9), reports the Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.kffl.com/team/29/nfl) and free agent LB Jeremiah Trotter (http://www.kffl.com/player/1923/nfl) have reached a five-year deal that is worth $15 million and includes a $4 million signing bonus. Trotter visited the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) Wednesday, March 2, and drew interest from at least two other teams, but he rejected a more lucrative deal to return to the Eagles.

redhed
03-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Well, dang.

Bwana
03-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Strike One...........

Nightfyre
we wouldnt sign him for more than that?

Vegas_Dave
Sorry, I didnt see the ESPN based post down low... little too quick to jump to that Post button.

ck_IN
03-04-2005, 01:12 PM
He knows the Eagles were in it last year and stand a good chance this year. He also knows the Chiefs don't.

Brock
03-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Hartwell is by far the better choice. Sure hope the chiefs sign him.

Chiefnj
03-04-2005, 01:13 PM
How many years it will be until players start returning to Arizona or Cincy for less money rather than playing for KC?

el borracho
03-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Trotter visited the Kansas City Chiefs Wednesday, March 2, and drew interest from at least two other teams, but he rejected a more lucrative deal to return to the Eagles.

Woodrow Call
03-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Hartwell left per 810 Bell is still here.

BigChiefFan
03-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Trotter brought veteran leadership, so I hate to see him off the market, but I'm holding out hope for Hartwell.

ENDelt260
rejected a more lucrative proposal to go back to the Eagles

bkkcoh
Good news.

xoxo~
Gaz

:toast: whole heartedly agree.......

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Sounds like Carl at least tried to throw some $ his way. At least I am assuming it was the Chiefs that he got a lucrative deal from since he spent 2 days here and it sounds like they were trying to land him
agreed... makes ya feel better when you see that they are really trying

redhed
03-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Paging Mr. Kendrell Bell...please pick up the Red courtesy phone...thank you...

ahhh...the life of the dottard...

tk13
03-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Well, I guess this officially answers the question for all the Trotter-homers who went on all last season saying Trotter would've gone anywhere last offseason and we just didn't spend the money.... :)

ptlyon
03-04-2005, 01:23 PM
"No! The Red Phone."

"The white zone is for loading and unloading only"

PastorMikH
03-04-2005, 01:24 PM
...who missed most of the year? Yea, he was so underrated that I didn't even realize he was in the game for any part of the year. :shake:

Gotta love professional writers...

Atually, he missed MOST of 2003 and ALL of last year. Which makes the writer look even worse.

ENDelt260
03-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Well, I guess this officially answers the question for all the Trotter-homers who went on all last season saying Trotter would've gone anywhere last offseason and we just didn't spend the money.... :)
Haha... you shit disturber.

He's hurt anyway.

ct
03-04-2005, 01:26 PM
surprise surprise

another FA uses a FA bidder to inflate resigning with his old team

time to get serious with hartwell

Ralphy Boy
03-04-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm glad the Rams have added 2 linebackers already and we are waiting for one.

jspchief
03-04-2005, 01:34 PM

Not exactly. Last year no one wanted him, so he came crawling back to Philly. We'll never know for sure, but considering he didn't have offers from anyone, it's hard to say he wouldn't have come to us. Philly giving him another shot when no one else would obviously garnered some loyalty.

But it does validate those of us that said he claimed he would only play for Philly from here on out....

philfree
03-04-2005, 01:34 PM
I was shocked that Trotter was even here. With his history I figured he would want to stay in Philly. I feel used :harumph:

PhilFree :arrow:

Cochise
03-04-2005, 01:35 PM
If we sign Hartwell we will have gotten the better option anyway.

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Not exactly. Last year no one wanted him, so he came crawling back to Philly. We'll never know for sure, but considering he didn't have offers from anyone, it's hard to say he wouldn't have come to us. Philly giving him another shot when no one else would obviously garnered some loyalty.

But it does validate those of us that said he claimed he would only play for Philly from here on out....
don't bother trying...

tk13 has his fingers in his ears going "LA LA LA" right now

BigChiefFan
03-04-2005, 01:37 PM
I was shocked that Trotter was even here. With his history I figured he would want to stay in Philly. I feel used :harumph:

PhilFree :arrow:First Hugh Douglas, then Troy Vincent, now Trotter, I think we can officially call Eagles players dicks. :)

ptlyon
03-04-2005, 01:38 PM
First Hugh Douglas, then Troy Vincent, now Trotter, I think we can officially call Eagles players dicks. :)

Wish they would've taken Welbourne with them.

tk13
03-04-2005, 01:39 PM

His family lives near Philly if I'm not mistaken, plus that's where he made a name for himself before, there was plenty of loyalty toward the Eagles before last offseason. Who knows though, you could be right, I just wanted to ruffle lazarus' feathers and stir the pot....

Bearcat
03-04-2005, 01:51 PM
When that happens I'm just going to spend the rest of the day doing work. I know I won't be able to get a response from the Planet.

Easiest way to see if something really happened... noticed 300 people logged on, so I knew it was time to check out ESPN (while waiting for the Lounge to load).

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2005, 01:56 PM
No doubt. To use a geeky gaming metaphor, Carl acts like it's a turn-based strategy game. Everyone gets a chance to take a turn at making a move, then all the moves go into play. You gotta be quick on the draw in free agency if you want to land the prize.This shit's real-time!

Hartwell was my #1. If we don't get him, I'll cry.

Phobia
03-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Who was the guy who kept warning people that Trotter was gonna be an Eagle? Can't remember that dipshit's name....

ENDelt260
03-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Who was the guy who kept warning people that Trotter was gonna be an Eagle? Can't remember that dipshit's name....
I remember the homo said Denny Thum was just negotiating Trotter's new contract with the Eagles. What a silly idea.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2005, 02:03 PM
His family lives near Philly if I'm not mistaken, plus that's where he made a name for himself before, there was plenty of loyalty toward the Eagles before last offseason. Who knows though, you could be right, I just wanted to ruffle lazarus' feathers and stir the pot....

He lives in Mount Laurel, NJ which is about 10 minutes from Philly.

He has TONS of loyalty to the Eagles. He wanted out 3 years ago, go his wish, struggled and shuned a lot of interested teams last year and tucked his tail between his legs to mend fences with Any Reid.

Phobia
03-04-2005, 02:04 PM
I remember the homo said Denny Thum was just negotiating Trotter's new contract with the Eagles. What a silly idea.

He may be a jackass, but he's obviously brilliant.

vailpass
03-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Hartwell's agent shouldn't have stiffys that need pooping. he should just ask DC to pull it out instead of breaking it off.

Edit: You were quick on the edit Vail, but not quick enough for me to miss it. :)

Your kung-fu is strong jspchief. :clap:

tk13
03-04-2005, 02:12 PM
He lives in Mount Laurel, NJ which is about 10 minutes from Philly.

He has TONS of loyalty to the Eagles. He wanted out 3 years ago, go his wish, struggled and shuned a lot of interested teams last year and tucked his tail between his legs to mend fences with Any Reid.
What's that? I couldn't hear you... I apparently have my fingers in my ears.

La... la..... la......

:)

Chief Henry
03-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Same old S H I T just a different free agency period.

Carl Peterson can Kiss My Lilly White AZZ...

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 02:19 PM
This shit's real-time!

Hartwell was my #1. If we don't get him, I'll cry.

Yep. If Hartwell signs elsewhere, that's when I'll get upset.

Tuckdaddy
03-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Carl strikes again.

Chiefnj
03-04-2005, 02:25 PM
The sadist in me wants to see Hartwell sign with Arizona just so the Planet can hit a new high in meltdown mode.

mlyonsd
03-04-2005, 02:26 PM
The sadist in me wants to see Hartwell sign with Arizona just so the Planet can hit a new high in meltdown mode.

ROFL Oh the cry'in you'll hear.

Dave Lane
03-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Good news.

xoxo~
Gaz

What if we don't sign Hartwell?

Dave

HipHopper4Life
03-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Did we just negotiate Trotter's contract for Philly?

Gaz
03-04-2005, 05:02 PM
What if we don't sign Hartwell?

Dave

Then we look elsewhere.

Simple.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thought that was self-evident.

HC_Chief
03-04-2005, 05:48 PM
So what is the excuse... we were worried his knee? So WHY IN THE @*#& WEREN'T WE WORRIED WHEN MASLOWSKI COULDN'T FREAKING <I>WALK</i> DURING TRAINING CAMP LAST SEASON?!?!?!

:grr:

Someone needs to die.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Then we look elsewhere.

Simple.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thought that was self-evident.

And have another season without a playoff win.

Simple.

Logical
03-04-2005, 06:07 PM
He knows the Eagles were in it last year and stand a good chance this year. He also knows the Chiefs don't.

LOL you are even more negative than I have been.

Gaz
03-05-2005, 06:30 AM
And have another season without a playoff win.

Simple.

So Hartwell is the single factor that determines whether we win a playoff game?

There is a difference between simple and simplistic.

xoxo~
Gaz
Getting another dose of overzealous hyperbole.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-05-2005, 07:47 AM
NFL quality at a discount

Saturday, March 05, 2005 By MARK ECKEL
Staff Writer
PHILADELPHIA - Jeremiah Trotter sat in a doctor's office in Cincinnati waiting for the results of a physical he took with the Bengals when, like W.C. Fields, he decided, on the whole, he would rather be in Philadelphia.

Trotter, from the doctor's office, called his agent, Jim Sexton, and told him he had enough traveling and visiting and he wanted to go back to the Eagles, even if it meant less money.
And it meant a lot less money.

http://ads.nj.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_nx.ads/www.nj.com/xml/story/times_of_trenton/s/spea/@StoryAd?x (http://ads.nj.com/RealMedia/ads/click_nx.ads/www.nj.com/xml/story/times_of_trenton/s/spea/@StoryAd?x)Trotter agreed to a five-year deal worth $15 million with a $4 million signing bonus to return to the Eagles, where he has been a three-time Pro Bowl player.

He left a deal on the table in Kansas City that averaged $1 million more per season and included a signing bonus of close to $7 million. He never gave the Bengals a chance to make an offer, and chances are it would have been at least as good as the Chiefs' offer. He also turned down the chance to visit and entertain offers from the Atlanta Falcons and Seattle Seahawks.

When you consider the deals other linebackers recently have signed, the Eagles got Trotter back for an incredible bargain.

The Giants gave former Redskin Antonio Pierce a six-year, $25 million deal with $6.5 million in bonuses. Houston gave former Dolphin Morlon Greenwood a five-year deal worth $22.5 million with $7 million in bonuses. In Denver, Ian Gold, who was cut by Tampa Bay, got a five-year deal worth $22 million with a $5 million bonus.

Gold didn't even hire an agent to do his deal.

Trotter's deal is not that much better than the one the Eagles gave strongside linebacker Dhani Jones (five years, $13 million, $4 million in bonuses) a year ago.

"That's amazing," a league source said. "How do they get away with that? I can't believe with the money being thrown around to slightly above-average players that a player like Trotter would take that kind of deal. Good for them."

The Eagles who set their price for players based on age, health and position, were ready to move on when they got wind of the offers Trotter was getting elsewhere. They had a visit with Pittsburgh free agent linebacker Kendrell Bell planned before the call from Cincinnati came yesterday afternoon.

Trotter left the Eagles over money before, signing with Washington for a $7 million bonus after the 2001 season. This time he just wanted to be home.

"Philadelphia is my home," Trotter said. "The Eagles are the team I want to play with the rest of my career. I told you that before. I wasn't lying. I never wanted to leave here. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices. Sometimes you have to take a little less (money) to stay where you want to be.

"I love it here, man. I love the team. I love my teammates. I love the whole organization, Coach (Andy) Reid, the fans. This is what I wanted all along.

"Sure I had visited with some other teams. I felt I needed to do that. I had two visits with great organizations in Kansas City and Cincinnati, but my heart was always in Philadelphia. I think I belong here in this defense and I think I can help us get back to the Super Bowl."

Trotter did just that this past season. After signing for the league minimum of $535,000 last summer after being released by Washington, he worked his way back to the starting lineup after excelling on special teams.

The Eagles won their first seven games of the season with Trotter as a backup to Mark Simoneau, but after a rough 27-3 loss to the Steelers, Trotter went into the lineup, Simoneau moved to the outside and the Eagles made it to the Super Bowl for the first time since the 1980 season.

"We're happy to have Jeremiah back in the middle of our defense," said Reid, who talked to Trotter on the phone Thursday night said before leaving for the Maxwell Club Awards dinner in Atlantic City. "He brings a lot of emotion to our team. He's a tremendous leader."

htismaqe
03-05-2005, 10:29 AM
So we gave him $3M more up front, and $1M more per year?

All the bashers can shut up now.

Chiefnj
03-05-2005, 10:31 AM
So we gave him $3M more up front, and $1M more per year?

All the bashers can shut up now.

Yep. People forget free agency is a two way street.

Gaz
03-05-2005, 10:34 AM
...All the bashers can shut up now.

Youíre new to the Planet, arenít you?

xoxo~
Gaz
Pretty sure htismaqe would not have made such a howling blunder.

The Bad Guy
03-05-2005, 10:36 AM
So Hartwell is the single factor that determines whether we win a playoff game?

There is a difference between simple and simplistic.

xoxo~
Gaz
Getting another dose of overzealous hyperbole.

No, finding players worth a damn to field a competitve defense is the single factor.

siberian khatru
03-05-2005, 10:41 AM
This Trotter thing shouldn't upset anybody. It's not even worth discussing anymore or factoring in to the ongoing histrionics.

The only thing that should make folks nervous is that Hartwell left without signing. But if he wants to be here, and the Chiefs can clear salary for him after signing Rolle and restructuring the vets, they can deal with his agent and fax the contract to Ed to sign.

I'm anxious to sign some guys too, but we haven't "lost" at anything yet; we haven't screwed up yet. When Rolle and Hartwell sign elsewhere, then I'm going to GO ****ING POSTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brock
03-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Get ready to go the cheap route yet again.

Gaz
03-05-2005, 11:19 AM
No, finding players worth a damn to field a competitve defense is the single factor.

Ah.

Well, that is much more reasonable than what you wrote in Post #83.

xoxo~
Gaz
Glad to have that cleared up.

Brock
03-05-2005, 11:36 AM
As long as we don't sign a bad guy like Romanowski, it's all good. :rolleyes:

Cochise
03-05-2005, 11:43 AM
This Trotter thing shouldn't upset anybody. It's not even worth discussing anymore or factoring in to the ongoing histrionics.

The only thing that should make folks nervous is that Hartwell left without signing. But if he wants to be here, and the Chiefs can clear salary for him after signing Rolle and restructuring the vets, they can deal with his agent and fax the contract to Ed to sign.

I'm anxious to sign some guys too, but we haven't "lost" at anything yet; we haven't screwed up yet. When Rolle and Hartwell sign elsewhere, then I'm going to GO ****ING POSTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOTALLY agree.

If we do sign Rolle and Hartwell (or another LB, or more) a lot of people around here are going to look pretty foolish.

If we only get Rolle, I'll be dissatisfied, but wait and see what we do in the draft, who we could get in June, or what happens in camp.

If we don't get anyone, I'll be postal with you.

They don't still have that 5 day waiting period do they?