PDA

View Full Version : Mad About Trotter? Hartwell Will Follow Suit I'm Sure!

petegz28
03-04-2005, 01:07 PM
If you are mad about us not signing Trotter then start drinking heavily now so you can handle it when you hear Hartwell will sign with someone else too.

Rain Man
03-04-2005, 01:08 PM
You're mean.

HolmeZz
03-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Very mean.

penguinz
Signing of Trotter may speed things up with Hartwell. Philly was one of the teams on Hartwell's short list. Also this could speed things up since we have lost a player we were courting. When your choices start to disappear you have to make a quicker decision.

keg in kc
I was planning on drinking heavily either way.

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Horribly mean.

Ari Chi3fs
03-04-2005, 01:10 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputationneg.gif-http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/newannounce.gif

Nightfyre
03-04-2005, 01:11 PM
dammit, ive gotta find an alcohol source...

Woodrow Call
03-04-2005, 01:11 PM
810 said Hartwell is gone. Bell still hear.

beer bacon
03-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Carl just wants to make sure he talks to every single ****ING FA before he signs anyone :banghead:

Coach
03-04-2005, 01:13 PM

That's what I heard. Dwight is also still @ Arrowhead.

They say that Hartwell's meeting supposedly "went well" and they had the feeling that Trotter's meeting didn't.

Sounds like a bunch of horse shit to me.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-04-2005, 01:14 PM

Please tell me you made that up, this is just unreal!

keg in kc
03-04-2005, 01:15 PM
810 also said we don't have any additional visits scheduled until next wednesday. That makes me think we've seen the guys we wanted to see, and if anythings going to happen it'll be tonight or tomorrow.

Kris Kringle
03-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Signing of Trotter may speed things up with Hartwell. Philly was one of the teams on Hartwell's short list. Also this could speed things up since we have lost a player we were courting. When your choices start to disappear you have to make a quicker decision..........."short list"? He's got 16 teams interested in him. :banghead:

petegz28
03-04-2005, 01:17 PM
CeePee is giving us the rochambeau and all we can do is sit here :cuss: and :whackit:

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Yes, Hartwell is gone and theres no deal.

svuba
03-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Signing of Trotter may speed things up with Hartwell. Philly was one of the teams on Hartwell's short list. Also this could speed things up since we have lost a player we were courting. When your choices start to disappear you have to make a quicker decision.

Wishful thinking....

When Carl’s options Start to disappear he thinks .................................................................................................... ................
.."Ohh $hit now that there are not so many options I will be perceived as desperate by the players agent. I will not let them manipulate me like that dammit I AM NOT SIGNING ANYBODY!!!.....HA!!"

So as you can plainly see we are in fact ......screwed.

Chan93lx50
03-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Carl, this is complete utter bull shit! WTF

Can this pencil dick do anything right..............

Sign some f*cking FA already

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 01:25 PM
This front office sucks and is not committed to winning.........

TEX
03-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Meanwhile, Denver and Oakland have already made moves to try and improve and we haven't done anything as usual. :cuss:

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 02:14 PM
.........."short list"? He's got 16 teams interested in him. :banghead:

The short list is 4 teams. His agent said that late last night/early this morning...

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 02:25 PM
F the Chiefs if they keep the same defense. F em..........with a CAPITAL F!!!!!!! And I'm a die hard. I'm serious, no moves = ex-fan.........

ct
03-04-2005, 02:25 PM
:shake:

This thread is so pathetic...chicken little fever in a bad way.

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Grunhard says hartwell will be signed and delivered by the end of the day.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 02:28 PM

I hope you're right.

Nightfyre
03-04-2005, 02:29 PM
If youre leading me on, I will kill you in your sleep.

Spicy McHaggis
03-04-2005, 02:30 PM
I was planning on drinking heavily either way.

It is a day that ends in "Y"

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Yeah....yeah..yeah....chicken little this chicken little that......sign some muhfukkas.......

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm just repeating whats being said on 610 since they came back on after Rome. Don't shoot me if its wrong. Seems to me that Grunny is putting himeself out there on this one.

http://www.610sports.com

Spicy McHaggis
03-04-2005, 02:32 PM

I just heard it on 610 too. Signing Rolle and Hartwell would be clutch.

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 02:34 PM
press conference or STFU and STFD!!!!!!

Nightfyre
03-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Don't shoot me if its wrong. http://www.610sports.com
Id be in too sadistic a mood to just shoot you.

TEX
03-04-2005, 02:35 PM

Now that would be impressive since he's been reported to be ON A PLANE TO ARIZONA. :cuss:

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Now that would be impressive since he's been reported to be ON A PLANE TO ARIZONA. :cuss:

810 says hes on a plane. Grunhard on 610 says hes a Chief by the end of the day.

mlyonsd
03-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Man, some of you guys need to just settle down. It's just a game.

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Settle down? I almost broke things in my house watching this defense last year.....

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 02:46 PM
I will take it all back if we sign Hartwell, Rolle, Smith and Bell. Now Surtain will probably go too. It doesn't take 2-3 days to sign a deal. You can't Bullshit a bullshitter....

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 02:48 PM
I will take it all back if we sign Hartwell, Rolle, Smith and Bell. Now Surtain will probably go too. It doesn't take 2-3 days to sign a deal. You can't Bullshit a bullshitter....

LOL 4 FA's?! Why not list 11 FA's...just as well.

I love these litums tests...

Cochise
03-04-2005, 02:51 PM
LOL 4 FA's?! Why not list 11 FA's...just as well.

I love these litums tests...

Apparently some people think we are playing Madden 2005.

DAMNIT CARL, JUST GO TO THE TRADE SCREEN AND GET THEM! :cuss:

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 02:54 PM
They got the money. Lamar Hunt is rich, he can pay the bonuses. Why have them in if you are not going to sign them? They brought 3 in two years ago.....

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 02:57 PM
They got the money. Lamar Hunt is rich, he can pay the bonuses. Why have them in if you are not going to sign them? They brought 3 in two years ago.....

Barber, Holliday, McCleon < Hartwell, Rolle, Smith, Bell (and you mentioned Surtain) in terms of not only real dollars, but also cap dollars. At the very minimum, one would have to have somewhere in the range of 8M in cap space to fit even those 4 in not including Surtain, and still have 3M or so in cap room for the draftees.

Unrealistic.

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Barber, Holliday, McCleon < Hartwell, Rolle, Smith, Bell (and you mentioned Surtain) in terms of not only real dollars, but also cap dollars. At the very minimum, one would have to have somewhere in the range of 8M in cap space to fit even those 4 in not including Surtain, and still have 3M or so in cap room for the draftees.

Unrealistic.

Signing bonus comes out of the owner's pocket. If they don't make a move, will you still support this team?

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Signing bonus comes out of the owner's pocket. If they don't make a move, will you still support this team?

SB's isnt the only thing to consider, here, the Salary cap is a concern as well, as I previous mentioned. Im starting to wonder if you really are qualified to run the personnel dept at KC.

Will I still support the team? Sure...who wouldnt, I am a Chiefs fan.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Serious question here.

Who would be happy if we signed all these fa's, won the superbowl next year and later found out we cheated like the donkeys?

Count me in with sh!t eating grin on my face if that happens.

I just called the witch doctor and i'm feeling Rolle and Bell in R&G by the end of tomorrow and I'd be ecstactic with that.

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 03:11 PM
If I am in my last year, as Carl is, what the F do I care about the cap when I am in year 15 of a 5 year plan? It's time to stop being careful. I am very aware of the cap. Other teams go over it and recover. No guts no glory. Typical loser attitude.

Mark M
03-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Settle down? I almost broke things in my house watching this defense last year.....

Dude—you need a hug.

Someone should send a smoke signal to DenverChief ...

his services are needed.

MM
~~:p

Crush
03-04-2005, 03:13 PM
This thread makes Baby Jesus cry.

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 03:14 PM
There is such a thing a June 1 cuts also. (Morton, etc.....)

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 03:14 PM
we really do need to sign 3 free quality free agents though

it will be difficult, but if we really plan on making a legit SB run we need to make up for last year.

either:
2 LB and 1 CB
2 CB and 1 LB
1 DE,1 LB and 1 CB

2 impact, 1 solid ... anything less and the SB is a real longshot

Cochise
03-04-2005, 03:17 PM
If they don't make a move, will you still support this team?

Yes, I'll be angry but will still support the team. It's called being a fan. Many of us are.

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 03:17 PM
If I am in my last year, as Carl is, what the F do I care about the cap when I am in year 15 of a 5 year plan? It's time to stop being careful. I am very aware of the cap. Other teams go over it and recover. No guts no glory. Typical loser attitude.

Im struggling to have a rational conversation with you at this point. There is saying 'I dont care about the cap' repurcussions, but that is a future concern. Im talking this year. I dont see how it's possible to sign those 4-5 FA's and stay under the cap. Breaking the SC is not a solution regardless what year as GM you are in and Im pretty sure Lamar wouldnt allow it.

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 03:18 PM
2 impact, 1 solid ... anything less and the SB is a real longshot

IMO, SB's a longshot regardless who KC signs.

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 03:19 PM
Yes, I'll be angry but will still support the team. It's called being a fan. Many of us are.

Suit yourself. I could no longer justify talking smack about how we are gonna whoop somebody's ass this Sunday........Or how the D will be improved......Been a fan for a loooooooong time.

mlyonsd
03-04-2005, 03:19 PM
This is soooo entertaining. I wish I had a beer.

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Im struggling to have a rational conversation with you at this point. There is saying 'I dont care about the cap' repurcussions, but that is a future concern. Im talking this year. I dont see how it's possible to sign those 4-5 FA's and stay under the cap. Breaking the SC is not a solution regardless what year as GM you are in and Im pretty sure Lamar wouldnt allow it.

Yep, just fill those seats Lamar....... :rolleyes:

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Yep, just fill those seats Lamar....... :rolleyes:

You're kidding, right? You can be honest and say that you dont understand the cap, you wont be the first, but that post in response to mine is downright sad.

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 03:31 PM
That is all they care about, just filling the seats. Keep making excuses for this inept front office. It's the same excuse every year......Stay blind if you want to. Again, I will take it all back if we sign Bell, Smith, Rolle at least. I am tired of being a Chief apologist.....Signamuthaphukka.......

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 03:33 PM
That is all they care about, just filling the seats. Keep making excuses for this inept front office. It's the same excuse every year......Stay blind if you want to. Again, I will take it all back if we sign Bell, Smith, Rolle at least. I am tired of being a Chief apologist.....Signamuthaphukka.......

Ok, then explain to me how KC signs 4 FA's with less than 5M in cap space for them AND the draftees...

I would appreciate some actual numbers with SC breakdowns for THIS year only.

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 03:36 PM
I don't have to explain shit. Who's fault is it they only have 5M? You guessed it, the inept front office. They overpaid for their own scrubs. I wouldn't have that dead weight on my team. Keep those excuses coming. Get back to me when a signing occurs.....

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 03:38 PM
I don't have to explain shit. Who's fault is it they only have 5M? You guessed it, the inept front office. They overpaid for their own scrubs. I wouldn't have that dead weight on my team. Keep those excuses coming. Get back to me when a signing occurs.....

Just what I figured, you dont have a clue. Typical.

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Just what I figured, you dont have a clue. Typical.
You two go to seperate corners. Keep your eye on the prize.
http://www.thebloom.com/images/celebrities/2004/ed-hartwell.jpg

We need a Planeteer to photoshop a Chiefs helmet onto his pic.

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Typical loser.....I bet you bought that line from queen Carl when he bragged about how we will be in position cap wise to be very aggressive....You can spread bonuses out over time and you can backload contracts. There are a number of ways to get creative. Is proving my knowledge to you gonna get some signings. Don't try to come off like you are some kind of guru when you are just a blind homer....

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't have that dead weight on my team.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

FloridaChief
03-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Typical loser.....I bet you bought that line from queen Carl when he bragged about how we will be in position cap wise to be very aggressive....You can spread bonuses out over time and you can backload contracts. There are a number of ways to get creative. Is proving my knowledge to you gonna get some signings. Don't try to come off like you are some kind of guru when you are just a blind homer....

I hope a monkey bites your nuts off...

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 04:00 PM

He's not trying to come off like some kind of guru.

YOU are the one that said you wouldn't have any dead cap money on YOUR TEAM.

ROFL

Mark M
03-04-2005, 04:06 PM

Ladies and gents, Packfan has entered the building.

I see his mommy let him use his computer again.

MM
~~:D

buddha
03-04-2005, 04:12 PM
I just heard it on 610 too. Signing Rolle and Hartwell would be clutch.

I'd rather have Hartwell than Trotter if I had the choice. And yes, I understand they play different positions. Still, if you're going to get only one FA LB, Hartwell is the best one left, IMHO.

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 04:46 PM

Lets be clear here, homer or not, I dont see how you can sign all 4 of those players and the draftees with only 5M in cap space. If you can explain it, you might just convince me. As it is now, you're reverting to the mutterings of warpaint99 which wont buy you much respect here.

Put some numbers together, because realistically, I dont see it adding up. Backloading and spreading SB's over time doesnt mean anything, Im talking merely about THIS year.

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 04:51 PM
He's not trying to come off like some kind of guru.

YOU are the one that said you wouldn't have any dead cap money on YOUR TEAM.

ROFL

Ohhhh, stand by your man....Is that your lover or something?

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Lets be clear here, homer or not, I dont see how you can sign all 4 of those players and the draftees with only 5M in cap space. If you can explain it, you might just convince me. As it is now, you're reverting to the mutterings of warpaint99 which wont buy you much respect here.

Put some numbers together, because realistically, I dont see it adding up. Backloading and spreading SB's over time doesnt mean anything, Im talking merely about THIS year.

Nobody needs your respect ho.........