PDA

View Full Version : If we acquired...

Nightfyre
03-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Bell, Hartwell, Rolle and Darius on hugely backloaded contracts that would plague us for the following 5 years....

Would you be content with our FA period?

keg in kc
03-04-2005, 12:37 PM
No. Bell is a visit on IR waiting to happen.

Sure-Oz
03-04-2005, 12:39 PM
I would be satisfied with just hartwell and rolle!

HolmeZz
03-04-2005, 12:41 PM
I'd shit my pants if that happened.

Kris Kringle
03-04-2005, 12:45 PM
I'd shit my pants if that happened. Really? :(

HolmeZz
03-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah, but in a good way.

Gaz
03-04-2005, 12:52 PM
No to Bell.
Yes to Hartwell.
Enh to Rolle.
No to Darius.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not that excited.

Cochise
03-04-2005, 12:54 PM
:rolleyes:

That's what we need to look at now... a safety...

bkkcoh
03-04-2005, 12:58 PM
I would be satisfied with just hartwell and rolle!

Definitely, and suppliment the rest of the needs with the draft... :clap:

Wallcrawler
03-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Bell only on a reasonable deal, and if he can play outside as a pass rusher. If not, no way.

Hartwell would be great at Middle linebacker. I think everyone agrees on that, if they know anything about defense. He's unproven as a leader playing behind Ray Lewis, but he has the ability to play linebacker at a high level.

Samari Rolle would be a definate improvement at corner. A true number one guy, moving Warfield over to second to ease some of the pressure.

Darius.....Nope. Greg Wesley is an adequate Strong Saftety that we are already paying a long term deal on. If Darius could play FREE safety and replace Woods, it could be considered, depending on what Jacksonville asks in return. But I doubt he is worth what they would want.

Gimme Rolle and Hartwell. Anything after those two guys are locked down is gravy.

jspchief
03-04-2005, 01:15 PM
:rolleyes:

That's what we need to look at now... a safety...

Someone seems to think so...we have Dwight Smith in town.

Wallcrawler
03-04-2005, 01:32 PM
Smith played Cornerback before John Lynch left. When Lynch left, Smith was their only option to move to SS because he was the only one out of them who could tackle as well as the position demanded. Plus he has CB speed.

He's not bad, I just think that they should get Rolle and Hartwell signed first, and stop dicking around with 2nd tier players. Once they get the main problems addressed, they can do whatever they want.

Carl is pissing me off with this. Bringing in the cream of the FA crop, and then not doing a deal until he talks with the bottom feeders as well.

I could just see Carl hiring cops. He could have John Mclane come in for the job, but he would send Mclane away without a deal because he has Roscoe P Coltrayne coming in for a visit in a day or two.

Thats about how much sense sending Ed Hartwell and Samari Rolle away so that he can interview Dwight smith and the other average players coming in makes.

I really hope Carl doesnt get a contract extension as our GM. I hope he and DV just get the F out of KC and turn the job over to someone who wants to actually improve the team.