PDA

View Full Version : Arizona will give Hartwell a ton of cash

Tuckdaddy
03-04-2005, 02:29 PM
and we had him for 2 days and gave him a plane ticket out of town. You gotta open you wallet to get the good FA's and we are cheap. Carl is a cheap bastard who has let Hartwell and Trotter get away. Rolle might still be in the mix but I doubt he will sign with us.

One FA will do almost nothing anyway.

Mark M
03-04-2005, 02:38 PM
My gawd ... overreact much?

MM
~~:rolleyes:

beavis
03-04-2005, 02:39 PM
If there is one team I am not afraid of outspending us, it's Arizona.

Dartgod
03-04-2005, 02:43 PM
and we had him for 2 days and gave him a plane ticket out of town. You gotta open you wallet to get the good FA's and we are cheap. Carl is a cheap bastard who has let Hartwell and Trotter get away. Rolle might still be in the mix but I doubt he will sign with us.

One FA will do almost nothing anyway.
This is hilarious and exactly why I love this time of year on the Planet.

So, tell us who your source inside Arrowhead is and exactly how much we did offer him.

Cochise
03-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Maybe we should trade them LJ for him after he signs ROFL

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 02:45 PM
You didnt specify what kind of cash we're talking here...

A ton of nickels is a lot less money than, say, a ton of dollar bills.

CosmicPal
03-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Do you have a link to your source? Or is this just your personal opinion?

Seriously- this forum doesn't have ENOUGH Hypothetical threads. I think we really need some more.

C-Mac
03-04-2005, 03:00 PM
I think if we should only spend 6 million over the cap and get Gonzo, Green to restructure and then cut Holmes, we could sign more of these FA guy's.
:thumb:

Crush
03-04-2005, 03:02 PM
There is no way in hell that Arizona is actually going to spend money.

morphius
03-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Is it time to limit Daddy T to one over the top over reactionary post for a day on nearly the same subject?

David.
03-04-2005, 03:11 PM
I think if we should only spend 6 million over the cap and get Gonzo, Green to restructure and then cut Holmes, we could sign more of these FA guy's.
:thumb:

ok you leave

Cochise
03-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Is it time to limit Daddy T to one over the top over reactionary post for a day on nearly the same subject?

That's the M.O. ...choose the most common topic on the front page and start a new thread about it.

vckcchiefs04
03-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Normally you would be right..... but Dennis Green is down there now and he will demand them to spend money, and they are one of the few teams with a ton of money to spend!

Cochise
03-04-2005, 03:36 PM
The board is officially in chaos now I think. The whole thing is collapsed on the floor and having a seizure. There are really no 'threads' or topical organization anymore. It's pretty much just a random jumble of a hundred threads full of the same complaining. It's like someone walked into a crowded airport terminal and started shooting. People are mindlessly scrambling in every direction with no rhyme or reason while screaming.

People refer to the Hugh Douglas days as a legendary horrendous time on the board... I don't see how it could be anything like this.

siberian khatru
03-04-2005, 03:38 PM
The board is officially in chaos now I think. The whole thing is collapsed on the floor and having a seizure. There are really no 'threads' or topical organization anymore. It's pretty much just a random jumble of a hundred threads full of the same complaining. It's like someone walked into a crowded airport terminal and started shooting. People are mindlessly scrambling in every direction with no rhyme or reason while screaming.

People refer to the Hugh Douglas days as a legendary horrendous time on the board... I see how it could be anything like this.

I think the moment Douglas signed with Jax was worse than this, but I guarantee that if Hartwell signs elsewhere, that will set the new standard here.

Cochise
03-04-2005, 03:41 PM
I think the moment Douglas signed with Jax was worse than this, but I guarantee that if Hartwell signs elsewhere, that will set the new standard here.

Maybe I slept through that whole thing, but I thought the worst board meltdown I ever saw began on draft day with Larry Johnson's selection and went critical mass with Kris Wilson's selection. That was the worst I have ever seen.

Saulbadguy
03-04-2005, 03:45 PM
What about last years draft? That was pretty brutal.

siberian khatru
03-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Maybe I slept through that whole thing, but I thought the worst board meltdown I ever saw began on draft day with Larry Johnson's selection and went critical mass with Kris Wilson's selection. That was the worst I have ever seen.

The Wilson thing was bad. I was a participant. I cooled down pretty quickly though. That was like a supernova -- an intense moment.

I think the Douglas thing burned longer. There was a lot of bitterness over how Hugh talked about "it's not about the $$" -- then signed with Jax for the $$. Remember, there was a smiley created just for him.

OldTownChief
03-04-2005, 03:50 PM

People refer to the Hugh Douglas days as a legendary horrendous time on the board... I don't see how it could be anything like this.

I've been checking on here every hour for the past two days hoping to see some good news. I'm about to vapor lock.

vailpass
03-04-2005, 03:52 PM
On Phoenix talk radio 910 this morning Bickley & MJ, the two hosts, spent an entire segment discussing how Arizona needs to spend money this year. Their point was that Bidwell Jr. needs to fill up the new stadium that is opening, including the $$-cow luxury boxes. That is part of the thinking in bringing Denny Green here. That same thinking says that Bidwell Jr. is anxious to prove it is a new day in Cardinal football. They went on to say that the three players Denny Green wants to concentrate Arizona' huge amount of cap dollars on first are Warner, Rolle, and Hartwell.
Of course Bickley & MJ are cheese-dicks but I see their point here.

SECTION11
03-04-2005, 03:54 PM

You are out of the loop.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 03:55 PM

Oh yeah. If Hartwell signs somewhere else, we might as well shut down and turn off the lights...

Cochise
03-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Oh yeah. If Hartwell signs somewhere else, we might as well shut down and turn off the lights...

If we don't sign ANYONE then I'll be disappearing for a while I think. Half because the board will be so painful to read, and half because I'll be so disappointed.

Mile High Mania
03-04-2005, 04:09 PM
I really am shocked that they haven't signed any defensive free agents. I figured this would be the "shock the fans" offseason and they would really fight for a quick improvement in DV's final year.

It's still early, but not much left other than some big name older FAs.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 04:10 PM
If we don't sign ANYONE then I'll be disappearing for a while I think. Half because the board will be so painful to read, and half because I'll be so disappointed.

Yup.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 04:10 PM

I don't think that's at all true. The guys we want are all still available.

dave0320
03-04-2005, 04:11 PM
AZ has plunty of money under the cap. If they are really interested, look for him to sign tonight! A new stadium, new training facility make it very attractive. :banghead:

The Bad Guy
03-04-2005, 04:13 PM
I really fear that DaddyT might take a ton of pills tonight if we don't have a free agent signed.

Logical
03-04-2005, 04:13 PM
If there is one team I am not afraid of outspending us, it's Arizona.Ditto, my gawd Daddy-T you are not saying our management is worse than Bidwell?

Chiefnj
03-04-2005, 04:14 PM

Don't sell the free agent class short, there are still plenty of younger guys who suck.

ENDelt260
03-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Heh... I guess Section 11 has given up on correcting people misspelling Bidwill.

TRR
03-04-2005, 04:17 PM
I really am shocked that they haven't signed any defensive free agents. I figured this would be the "shock the fans" offseason and they would really fight for a quick improvement in DV's final year.

That is about as untrue of a statement as I have ever read. Hartwell, Smoot, Rolle, Law, Bell, Dwight Smith, and Andre Dyson are still on the FA market. That's just off the top of my head.

Tell me who signed, other than Trotter (I wanted Hartwell more anyway), that would have been more of an improvement than Hartwell and Rolle for example?

Logical
03-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Heh... I guess Section 11 has given up on correcting people misspelling Bidwill.

Either way you spell it you pronounce it cheap

Chief Roundup
03-04-2005, 04:56 PM

Since you have only been registered since 03 there have probably been a few meltdowns that you didn't know about.