PDA

View Full Version : Don't be upset if the Chiefs won't sign any FA's

redsurfer11
03-04-2005, 03:01 PM
We still have 14 excellent prospects going to NFL Europe. :)

cookster50
03-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Someone should shoot you!

Pants
03-04-2005, 03:03 PM
From what I understand, CP will have to pull some mad magic to pull the shit and sign both Hartwell and Samari with our current cap situation.

nascher
03-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Why Magic ? I can easily release Guys like Maz,Woods,Morton etc. let the young Guys play.

redsurfer11
03-04-2005, 03:11 PM

Sorry, with all the stress on this board the last 48 hours. I thought a few of you could use a laugh.

ck_IN
03-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Actually I wouldn't mind it at all. If we sign a bunch of FA's it would mean that CP/DV are making one last mad grab at the SB. That would be great for now but it would also mean to hell with the future. And personally I don't think this team is close to being a SB calibure team so a signing frenzy would only waste money and keep young guys on the bench.

Devoting the draft to defense or filling behind some aging offensive players would mean they realize the window is closed and they're planning ahead.

Pants
03-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Actually I wouldn't mind it at all. If we sign a bunch of FA's it would mean that CP/DV are making one last mad grab at the SB. That would be great for now but it would also mean to hell with the future. And personally I don't think this team is close to being a SB calibure team so a signing frenzy would only waste money and keep young guys on the bench.

Devoting the draft to defense or filling behind some aging offensive players would mean they realize the window is closed and they're planning ahead.

That's definatelly a unique perpsective.

Tuckdaddy
03-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Eat shit!

Wallcrawler
03-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Sheeeeeit.

I wont be upset. It will free up 3 hours every sunday for me all football season. Wont have the wife bitching at me to do things when I want to watch the game, because there wont be any point in watching it. Its another 7-9 or 8-8 campaign waiting to happen.

If they dont upgrade the D, its just another season of the offense scoring 40 and the defense giving up 45.

No thanks Carl, Ive seen enough of that already.

Ill check back in to see if the Chiefs have gotten serious about winning after Carl and Dick hit the bricks, and evaluate whether I should watch them the following season.

If they dont sign anyone, Im going to seriously have a hard time believing that this team actually wants to win a SB title.

If they dont care, F em. Neither do I.

whoman69
03-04-2005, 07:22 PM
The only thing those 14 guys are going to do is play in our last exhibition game so that our real players don't get hurt.

milkman
03-04-2005, 08:34 PM
The only thing those 14 guys are going to do is play in our last exhibition game so that our real players don't get hurt.

If we don't sign any FAs, then you have ask, "What real players?"

redsurfer11
03-04-2005, 10:15 PM
If we don't sign any FAs, then you have ask, "What real players?"

We have Scanlon, don't we.

morphius
03-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Well, and think of all the energy we can save by not having to get excited about the season. :D

DJay23
03-04-2005, 10:25 PM

:clap:
I agree. I say blow it up and start over. I'm tired of all the hype leading to huge disappointment. I'd rather have low expectations to start, and end up pleasantly surprised.

Bwana
03-04-2005, 10:27 PM
You have some big ones posting something like that. :eek:

Dayze
03-04-2005, 10:28 PM

no kiddin' man; what's the total # of preseason games for the Chiefs this year? 7? 8? Seems like every year the Chiefs are part of 2 'extra' Theme games (Hall of Fame game, etc).
:rolleyes:

PastorMikH
03-04-2005, 10:32 PM

Not to mention the 3rd rounder we'll draft with our first pick.:p

redsurfer11
03-04-2005, 10:32 PM
no kiddin' man; what's the total # of preseason games for the Chiefs this year? 7? 8? Seems like every year the Chiefs are part of 2 'extra' Theme games (Hall of Fame game, etc).
:rolleyes:
Has a preseason schedule been released? It will be another 15-16 years before we see the Chiefs in the Hall of Fame game again.

Manila-Chief
03-05-2005, 12:29 AM

Red, you and damark gave me a great laugh!!!!

Manila-Chief
03-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Not to mention the 3rd rounder we'll draft with our first pick.:p

Classic, Mike, Classic!!!!!

Rausch
03-05-2005, 03:06 AM

There's really nothing I can add that would improve upon what's already been said...