PDA

View Full Version : Residents of Broncoville Freak Out over Putzier

Mile High Mania
03-04-2005, 02:40 PM
Ok, so... am I just flat out missing something here. There are many on the Mane that are reacting to Putzier signing a $12.5M offer sheet with a $2.5M bonus (with the Jets) as if he is the cog of the offense. The Broncos have 7 days to match or receive a 6th rounder in return.

I think Putz has some good upside and played well at times, but I'm just not all that concerned about him being in Denver. I would personally rather see them go spend $12M on Pollard.

Am I missing something with this guy...

mlyonsd
03-04-2005, 02:46 PM
We don't care. We lost Trotter and Hartwell is on a plane to Arizona. The sky is falling and we don't have time to worry about the Broncos candy ass little problems.

unlurking
03-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I hope the they match, cuz I'd rather face Putz twice a year than Pollard.

Here's to hoping it's a one year deal to really screw the cap! ;)

Wile_E_Coyote
03-04-2005, 02:48 PM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=10263

jspchief
03-04-2005, 02:55 PM
I agree MHM. He's a nice TE, but hardly seems irreplaceable. I guess it's just because Bronco hacks don't know sh*t about football...:)

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Putzier's name cracks me up, but he's not really worthy of much worry one way or another.

Cormac
03-04-2005, 02:59 PM
God, let him walk and get a 6th rounder? No doubt that's the best option. I wouldn't think he's worth half that contract yet, based on what he's done. "Potential's a word for guys who ain't done $hit yet" Charles Barkley.

Mile High Mania
03-04-2005, 03:01 PM
God, let him walk and get a 6th rounder? No doubt that's the best option. I wouldn't think he's worth half that contract yet, based on what he's done. "Potential's a word for guys who ain't done $hit yet" Charles Barkley.

Exactly... the league is littered with guys that can get 500 yds and 2 TDs a year.

Mile High Mania
03-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Oh ... I think this week is one of those weeks that tells me why I hang here more than at a Broncos' site. I kinda enjoy watching this board melt down in times like this, but I'd go friggin' nuts spending 24/7 on a Broncos' board during a meltdown.

The kinda stuff going on here makes me smile...

TEX
03-04-2005, 04:42 PM
MHM<
Anything Bronco $UCKS to don't sweat it. :rolleyes:

redsurfer11
03-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Ok, so... am I just flat out missing something here. There are many on the Mane that are reacting to Putzier signing a $12.5M offer sheet with a $2.5M bonus (with the Jets) as if he is the cog of the offense. The Broncos have 7 days to match or receive a 6th rounder in return.

I think Putz has some good upside and played well at times, but I'm just not all that concerned about him being in Denver. I would personally rather see them go spend $12M on Pollard.

Am I missing something with this guy...

Remember,you asked Chief fans this question. Honest opinion as a Chiefs fan. You don't want to lose him to the Jets. Good blocker who was improving at a great rate, made some very good catches this year. Showed this year that his hands were getting better, and was running his routes well. He was also becoming an important relief valve for Jake
Plummer. As his play improved, so did the Broncos offense later in the season. IMO some of your fans are right on this one, you don't want to lose him.