PDA

View Full Version : Harlan on with klutman..

KILLER_CLOWN
03-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Saying Hartwell not signing is the Biggest disappointment of all. Says he of all the FA's would have changed us the most this year. :banghead: :cuss:

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Jesus Christ.

He hasn't signed anywhere yet!

brent102fire
03-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Hartwell will sign, it just won't be in KC :banghead: I knew it...I shouldn't have got my hopes up. Now I'm pissed and disappointed all over again :cuss: Hartwell is gone, Trotter is gone and it looks like the Chiefs will have Mitchell, Fujita and hopefully Barber starting next year. :shake:

royr17
03-04-2005, 04:45 PM
No Kendrell Bell and Rob Morris are still available .....

The Bad Guy
03-04-2005, 04:46 PM
No Kendrell Bell and Rob Morris are still available .....

Thanks for reminding me. 2 guys that I don't want in KC this year.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Harlan stated the obvious, If you bring a guy in and court him you tell him he's not leaving until the contract is signed cuz that's what all gm's do. I'll take his word for it over some blind homers.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Harlan stated the obvious, If you bring a guy in and court him you tell him he's not leaving until the contract is signed cuz that's what all gm's do. I'll take his word for it over some blind homers.

HARTWELL HASN'T SIGNED ANYWHERE. So being disappointed about "missing out" on him is just plain stupid.

I'd rather be a blind homer than a ****ing moron.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-04-2005, 04:52 PM
HARTWELL HASN'T SIGNED ANYWHERE. So being disappointed about "missing out" on him is just plain stupid.

So you would take the blind homer's expertise over the experts, I think Harlan knows what he's talking about when he states that if you let player x leave you can forget about it. For what it's worth Vermeil just stated that Hartwell is STILL IN PLAY and has not agreed to anything.

Logical
03-04-2005, 04:53 PM

While your statement that he has not signed anywhere is a fact. It also seems to be true that if a Big Name FA leaves town they almost never sign with us or anyone else where they leave town. It does happen but it seems rare.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 04:56 PM
So you would take the blind homer's expertise over the experts, I think Harlan knows what he's talking about when he states that if you let player x leave you can forget about it. For what it's worth Vermeil just stated that Hartwell is STILL IN PLAY and has not agreed to anything.

Harlan is a spectator just like everyone else in the media. Just like Chris Mortenson, who reported that Trotter to KC was a DONE DEAL.

I find it funny that Harlan knows what he's talking about, even though he WORKED FOR THE CHIEFS FOR A DECADE, but Mitch Holthus and Bob Gretz are shills for the organization.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 04:57 PM
While your statement that he has not signed anywhere is a fact. It also seems to be true that if a Big Name FA leaves town they almost never sign with us or anyone else where they leave town. It does happen but it seems rare.

I'm sure I could find several dozen examples of guys taking all of their visits and signing with someone they visited early over the last 10 years.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Harlan is a spectator just like everyone else in the media. Just like Chris Mortenson, who reported that Trotter to KC was a DONE DEAL.

I find it funny that Harlan knows what he's talking about, even though he WORKED FOR THE CHIEFS FOR A DECADE, but Mitch Holthus and Bob Gretz are shills for the organization.

Well I don't think Holthus is a shill he speaks his mind, but you can't dispute the facts Hell vermeil said our best shot with Hartwell is the fact his agent wants him to play here and that he wouldn't be surprised if he signed here or anywhere else for that matter. Does that sound like confidence to you?

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Well I don't think Holthus is a shill he speaks his mind, but you can't dispute the facts Hell vermeil said our best shot with Hartwell is the fact his agent wants him to play here and that he wouldn't be surprised if he signed here or anywhere else for that matter. Does that sound like confidence to you?

Vermeil NEVER sounds confident. I haven't heard the guy give a straight answer since the day he got here.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 05:00 PM

BTW, you said I can't refute "facts"...what "facts" would those be?

If you're talking about guys leaving without contracts, I'll be more than happy to prove that one wrong when I get home tonight.

beavis
03-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Seriously, how many of these threads do we need?

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 05:03 PM
BTW, you said I can't refute "facts"...what "facts" would those be?

If you're talking about guys leaving without contracts, I'll be more than happy to prove that one wrong when I get home tonight.

Keep hope alive.............That's probably you in the picture also...

DaWolf
03-04-2005, 05:09 PM
I'm sure I could find several dozen examples of guys taking all of their visits and signing with someone they visited early over the last 10 years.
Hell Trotter left Philly, had a "done deal" with us according to ESPN, and yet wound up back in Philly.

Yup, a free agent going off to visit someone else means he ain't signing with you. :rolleyes:

If someone is gonna give Hartwell a crazy contract, he won't be a Chief. If he doesn't get that crazy offer, we've probably got a better shot than most of getting him...

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Hell Trotter left Philly, had a "done deal" with us according to ESPN, and yet wound up back in Philly.

Yup, a free agent going off to visit someone else means he ain't signing with you. :rolleyes:

If someone is gonna give Hartwell a crazy contract, he won't be a Chief. If he doesn't get that crazy offer, we've probably got a better shot than most of getting him...

while i agree we need to temper our reaction because we just don't know yet ... it's generally not a good sign when a free agent leaves in the first week of free agency.

it's the hot time

a player who leaves doesn't usually sign with that team

as for the "left philly" ... that's different and i think you know it. All free agents "leave" their original team once they because free agents. It's not the same.

we might still sign Hartwell ... but him leaving isn't a positive sign.

Dave Lane
03-04-2005, 06:35 PM

If you think he is going to sign he you ain't been paying attention. Jeez its over I'm imploding!!!

:banghead: ROFL :cuss:

Dave

Chiefs Pantalones
03-04-2005, 06:42 PM
The Cardinals have crazy money, we might not see Hartwell again.