PDA

View Full Version : Vermeil on 810 right now with Leabo

tyton75
03-04-2005, 04:53 PM
we offered contract to Trotter.. but he wanted to stay there

Hartwell.. sounds like he really wants to be here, but it also sounds like we are lowballing him or he is asking for too much.. they have made an offer to him though
"I think he is still in play"... doesn't sound good... but Vermeil is really good friends with his agent.

Rolle.. sounds like we are "really" competitive for him

Vermeil said he really likes Bell

thats the gist of it

dirk digler
03-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the info.

We are probably lowballing Hartwell just like we do most FA's. No surprise there.

HolmeZz
03-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Yup, we're going to end up with Rolle and Bell. Signing Smith would make up for losing out on Hartwell IMO.

TRR
03-04-2005, 04:56 PM
We sign two fo those three listed above, and I will be pretty happy.

I'm still not a huge fan of Rolle, but he is an upgrade no doubt.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2005, 04:56 PM
That's why his agent wants him in KC so bad.

I get the bad feeling we are going to end up with Kawika for a 3rd straight season.

buddha
03-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Hartwell and one of the FA CBs are just essential at this point. DV can't say much, but I think we could still end up with Ed and Samari.

Sure-Oz
03-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Damnit i want Rolle and Hartwell, get it done, im imploding!!!!!!

dirk digler
03-04-2005, 04:59 PM

I get the bad feeling we are going to end up with Kawika for a 3rd straight season.

I don't know about that but I have a feeling Hartwell is gone. When you play the FA game you almost always overpay so CP needs to understand that and quit trying save a couple of bucks just pay the man and be done with it.

DaWolf
03-04-2005, 05:01 PM
We're probably letting Hartwell think about it and looking at the other guys in the meantime. If his agent has a good relationship with us he may come back to us with any other offers they get, assuming we don't come to a deal soon. I think we've targetted a list of guys and we're going to get at least one of the LB's and one of the corners barring a rediculous offer by another team. We're just not going to make that rediculous offer, like it or not...

Woodrow Call
Outside of Bells injury why is everyone so down on him? Seems like a good LB to me he is certainly better than Maz or Kawika.

I still want Hartwell but I wouldnt be disappointed with Bell.

Crush
I want my Rolle with a side of Hartwell, a dash of Smith, and a little Bell sprinkled on top.

tyton75
yeah.. Vermeil mentioned the problem with "splitting up the pie" because we dont' need just one guy.. we need a few guys..

Nightfyre
03-04-2005, 05:02 PM
I want my Rolle with a side of Hartwell, a dash of Smith, and a little Bell sprinkled on top.
Sign me up for this plan

dirk digler
03-04-2005, 05:03 PM
yeah.. Vermeil mentioned the problem with "splitting up the pie" because we dont' need just one guy.. we need a few guys..

Is it true he said we want 3 guys not 1? If so I can understand that and that is why I am against signing a guy like Law. But you are still going to overpay for any of these guys and CP needs to quit being a bean counter.

tyton75
03-04-2005, 05:06 PM
he just said something like "thats the problem when you are trying to sign more than one guy".. having to split the available "pie" among all the FA's they want

penguinz
03-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Is it true he said we want 3 guys not 1? If so I can understand that and that is why I am against signing a guy like Law. But you are still going to overpay for any of these guys and CP needs to quit being a bean counter.
yes

ROYC75
03-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Update from Arrowhead comin up on 810 .........

jynni
03-04-2005, 05:10 PM
he just said something like "thats the problem when you are trying to sign more than one guy".. having to split the available "pie" among all the FA's they want

Lock all of 'em and their agents in a room, give them some money to play with and let them sort it out.

This is killing me. I've been waiting for the Planet to either implode or explode all day.

tyton75
03-04-2005, 05:11 PM
yup.. he actually said.. 3 players.. not one.. they are replaying it again right now

HemiEd
03-04-2005, 05:11 PM

This is very, very good. You must first identify the problem.

nychief
03-04-2005, 05:12 PM
we offered contract to Trotter.. but he wanted to stay there

Hartwell.. sounds like he really wants to be here, but it also sounds like we are lowballing him or he is asking for too much.. they have made an offer to him though
"I think he is still in play"... doesn't sound good... but Vermeil is really good friends with his agent.

Rolle.. sounds like we are "really" competitive for him

Vermeil said he really likes Bell

thats the gist of it

Hartwell is going to be a Cardinal. sigh. We are going to end up with Bell, who is a question mark. double sigh. Rolle? Who knows...but he is going to look good lined up next to Troy Vincent.

ROYC75
03-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Hartwell says he really wants to be here ....

dirk digler
yup.. he actually said.. 3 players.. not one.. they are replaying it again right now

Thanks so that give me some hope. I will not go into meltdown mode until Monday if there are no FA's signed or if Hartwell signs somewhere else first. Which ever one come first of course.

I am taking a deep breath and trying to breathe and I am trying to remain optimistic and patient just for Titus.

DaWolf
I could mention that we wouldn't have to split the pie up so much if we had eaten a few pieces last year, but it's not worth dwelling on that anymore I guess...

dirk digler
03-04-2005, 05:14 PM

Is this a replay of an interview today or yesterday?

tyton75
03-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Hartwell sounds all but gone.. the way I heard it.. we made the best offer we are going to make and it wasnt' enough to make him sign right then.. he said he liked it here.. but I'll bet another team throws a lot more money at him and buys him

TEX
03-04-2005, 05:16 PM

Bet he wants to play in Zona more cause they'll pay him more... :hmmm:

tyton75
the sound bite I heard was taped with Vermeil around 4:30pm today 3/4

HolmeZz
Sounds like we're content on 'settling'.

shaneo69
03-04-2005, 05:17 PM
This is very, very good. You must first identify the problem.

Yeah, that's super. We don't have enough money for three guys, so we're not going to get any.

But I'm sure all kinds of productive free agents will be falling into our laps after the draft.

TEX
03-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Hartwell sounds all but gone.. the way I heard it.. we made the best offer we are going to make and it wasnt' enough to make him sign right then.. he said he liked it here.. but I'll bet another team throws a lot more money at him and buys him

WE should DO THAT. This guy is NOT for the short term. He could be around for many years. I can't believe we let him walk. FKN MORONS! :cuss:

dirk digler
03-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Hartwell is gone IMO

DV on hartwell: He really wants to be here, although it may be more financially sound for him to be somewhere else.

DaWolf
03-04-2005, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't necessarially say that means he's gone. The Chiefs and the agent could be playing games, with the agent using Zona to drive us up by a few million, and us using Bell to bring him down. Could be if we like a guy like Bell close to as much and can get him for cheaper, we go that route...

TEX
03-04-2005, 05:21 PM

Well we have to now because we spent $$$ on our own SCRUBS last year. So we stayed pat and fell even further behind cause we can't (or WON'T) do what it takes this year. I find it hard to believe that Oakland can do what they did and we can't. :shake:

tyton75
could be.. but it sounds like Vermeil and this agent have a history... I would assume Vermeil knows him well enough to know if he is playing games...

I don't know.. just an assumption

KC Dan
As long as there are 70,000 season ticket holders, why not?

nychief
03-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Do you hear that?

Sounds like a door closing....

The Bad Guy
Great, here comes Holliday, Barber and McCleon - the sequel.

nychief
Wait! That is not a door closing....

it is a window....

TEX
03-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Great, here comes Holliday, Barber and McCleon - the sequel.

That's the way it was ALWAYS going to be. :cuss:

Frankie
03-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Pervert! :p

nychief
CARL "PLAN B" PETERSON

Sure-Oz
I would rather have us just sit and do nothing rather than bring in guys and do nothing, atleast that is the way it seems right now...

siberian khatru
IF Bell is healthy -- which he hasn't been 2 of the last 3 years -- he would be a significant upgrade. And his salary might give us more to play with at CB or LB.

I still like Hartwell better. But sometimes, when money's tight and you have a lot holes to fill, you gotta take a gamble. The risk isn't with Bell's talent.

HolmeZz
03-04-2005, 05:26 PM
CARL "PLAN B" PETERSON

:thumb:

shaneo69
03-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Pretty sad when you're getting outbid by Arizona, the supposed cheapest team in the league.

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Hartwell is gone IMO

DV on hartwell: He really wants to be here, although it may be more financially sound for him to be somewhere else.

holy crap... did Vermeil really say that?

dude needs to just keep his mouth shut :cuss:

TEX
03-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Pretty sad when you're getting outbid by Arizona, the supposed cheapest team in the league.

ROFL

Logical
Hartwell is gone IMO

If that is an actual quote then I would agree he won't be playing here.

Saggysack
I've wanted Bell since he came out of college. Can't say I'd be the least bit unhappy to seeing him a Chief. Rolle I am alittle afraid of but, would be happy with him as a defensive addition. He has had his bouts with injuries as he has only played 2 full 16 game seasons in 7. Entering his 8th season his production is on the decline, only had 28 tackle which is a career low. 1 INT and 6 pass defensed, his lowest totals since his rookie season. I just hope with Samari Rolle we don't end up with another Ray Crockett.

dirk digler
03-04-2005, 05:31 PM
holy crap... did Vermeil really say that?

dude needs to just keep his mouth shut :cuss:

Yep.

Logical
03-04-2005, 05:31 PM
IF Bell is healthy -- which he hasn't been 2 of the last 3 years -- he would be a significant upgrade. And his salary might give us more to play with at CB or LB.

I still like Hartwell better. But sometimes, when money's tight and you have a lot holes to fill, you gotta take a gamble. The risk isn't with Bell's talent.

Exactly, well said

tomahawk kid
03-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Vermiel sounded like a tired, defeated old man.

I agree that it sounds as if Hartwell is GONE. The Cardinals have much more room under the cap to offer him a large signing bonus.

Sounds like we MIGHT end up with Rolle and Bell, if we're lucky.

Also, Vermiel said he had no plans to bring in Smoot. f#cker.

:mad:

Woodrow Call
03-04-2005, 05:33 PM
I just hope with Samari Rolle we don't end up with another Ray Crockett.

If Samari Rolle ends up being another Ray Crockett the NFL should just shut us down because we would be cursed. Rolle is a top 5 corner period. Crockett was always crap as far as I remember.

tyton75
03-04-2005, 05:35 PM
I would like to tell you what Dwight Smith is saying.. but I can barely understand what the HELL he is saying?!?!

siberian khatru
I've wanted Bell since he came out of college. Can't say I'd be the least bit unhappy to seeing him a Chief. Rolle I am alittle afraid of but, would be happy with him as a defensive addition. He has had his bouts with injuries as he has only played 2 full 16 game seasons in 7. Entering his 8th season his production is on the decline, only had 28 tackle which is a career low. 1 INT and 6 pass defensed, his lowest totals since his rookie season. I just hope with Samari Rolle we don't end up with another Ray Crockett.

Well, Crockett was 34 when we signed him. I'd hope Rolle isn't as washed up at 28 as Ray was at 34.

dirk digler
I would like to tell you what Dwight Smith is saying.. but I can barely understand what the HELL he is saying?!?!

ROFL

Ultra Peanut
This front office is so ****ing pathetic it's sickening.

I'm not getting Sunday Ticket this year. I can just flush $250 down the toilet instead.

tyton75
03-04-2005, 05:36 PM
He sounds like some dude talking into Mr. Microphone!

siberian khatru
03-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Vermiel sounded like a tired, defeated old man.

What's new?

I wish he'd just retire.

Frankie
03-04-2005, 05:38 PM
This front office is so ****ing pathetic it's sickening.

You must be too young to remember Steadman's.

royr17
03-04-2005, 05:38 PM
I dont know if I believe it but i was on some other message board and they said that Chris Mortensen said we just signed Samari Rolle, do you guys know if this is true ?????????

Brock
03-04-2005, 05:39 PM

What's that got to do with the front office being sickening?

mcan
03-04-2005, 05:41 PM
I just think that most of your money on defense should be spent at the middle linebacker position... IE: the quarterback of the defense.

The second most money should be spent at defensive end or outside linebacker (the guy who is going to get to the quarterback the most).

From there, it's important to shore up a talented and adept line. Even if they aren't superstars, they have to be really hard workers, and control the line of scrimmage.

Then you focus on the secondary and get guys that work hard and can get to the right place. Superstar corners are great to have, but they will make at most 7-10 great plays all year, and often the lesser player could have made 2 or 3 of those just as well. It's most important to get guys who can keep from getting thrashed consistantly.

royr17
03-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Also there was another limo that arrived at Arrowhead, do you guys think its Samari and his family about ready to sign a contract ???????

nychief
03-04-2005, 05:42 PM

Steadman was GM LONG before free agency...

tyton75
03-04-2005, 05:44 PM
I just think that most of your money on defense should be spent at the middle linebacker position... IE: the quarterback of the defense.

The second most money should be spent at defensive end or outside linebacker (the guy who is going to get to the quarterback the most).

From there, it's important to shore up a talented and adept line. Even if they aren't superstars, they have to be really hard workers, and control the line of scrimmage.

Then you focus on the secondary and get guys that work hard and can get to the right place. Superstar corners are great to have, but they will make at most 7-10 great plays all year, and often the lesser player could have made 2 or 3 of those just as well. It's most important to get guys who can keep from getting thrashed consistantly.

I think I totally agree with you.. The MLB is/should be the QB of the defense

Saggysack
03-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Well, Crockett was 34 when we signed him. I'd hope Rolle isn't as washed up at 28 as Ray was at 34.

And the funny thing about that is that at Ray's 8yr mark he was still in his prime without the injury concerns. I consider Ray's prime years from 94-98.

Ray in his last year(14th) while playing for the Chiefs had a better season than what Rolle had last year in his 7th. Ray had 39 tackles, 2 INT and 8 pas defensed that year. And my memory can be fuzzy at times but I don't really remember Ray being a defensive standout that year either.

chiefs4me
03-04-2005, 05:46 PM
I just heard on the radio that kc had not signed ANYBODY yet....:deevee:

no link...:harumph:

Frankie
03-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Steadman was GM LONG before free agency...
True. But I was talking about overall suckiness.

Saggysack
03-04-2005, 05:48 PM
If Samari Rolle ends up being another Ray Crockett the NFL should just shut us down because we would be cursed. Rolle is a top 5 corner period. Crockett was always crap as far as I remember.

Rolle isn't all that. You know Ray had much better seasons than Rolle has ever had?

HipHopper4Life
03-04-2005, 05:48 PM
If Hartwell is out of our price range, then Bell will be as well. Most reports have both of them seeking more than 10 million in signing bonuses.
If we were going to be so cost conscious, we should have started with guys like Antonio Pierce and Chris Claiborne instead.

HC_Chief
03-04-2005, 05:49 PM
F*ck Vermeil. :grr:

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 05:50 PM
If we were going to be so cost conscious, we should have started with guys like Antonio Pierce and Chris Claiborne instead.

yep

HolmeZz
03-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Rolle IS a top 5 corner.*

*when healthy

tomahawk kid
03-04-2005, 05:51 PM
F*ck Vermeil. :grr:

More like, f#ck Lamar.

Dick isn't holding the holding the f#cking checkbook.

What an occasion to turn into a complete f#cking tightwad.

HC_Chief
03-04-2005, 05:51 PM
More like, f#ck Lamar.

What an occasion to turn into a complete f#cking tightwad.

F*ck 'em all.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2005, 05:55 PM
F*ck 'em all.

Be careful..Titus might have to come out and set you straight.

His ears ring every time someone says something bad about the Chiefs. He should be deaf by now.

HC_Chief
03-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Be careful..Titus might have to come out and set you straight.

His ears ring every time someone says something bad about the Chiefs. He should be deaf by now.

F*ck him too if he doesn't like it. :grr:

Other than the O and a couple of defenders, the rest of this organization can sit & spin.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2005, 06:00 PM
F*ck him too if he doesn't like it. :grr:

Other than the O and a couple of defenders, the rest of this organization can sit & spin.

Oh boy, now you've done it. Titus is going to likely stop romancing his Carl Peterson blow up doll and really give it to you.

How dare you interupt his Peterson love making session on Friday night.

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Oh boy, now you've done it. Titus is going to likely stop romancing his Carl Peterson blow up doll and really give it to you.

How dare you interupt his Peterson love making session on Friday night.

=====================
You must spread some
Reputation around before
giving it to The Bad Guy again.
=====================

ROFL ROFL

siberian khatru
03-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Rolle isn't all that. You know Ray had much better seasons than Rolle has ever had?

If you're going strictly by tackles, you're right. Rolle's had 50+ tackles twice. Crockett had 7 such seasons.

But if you go by passes defensed -- isn't that what a CB is really about? -- they're pretty even. In 5 of his 7 seasons, Rolle's had 13+ PDs; Crockett had 6 such seasons in 14 years.

If you go by INTs, they're pretty even: Rolle has 23 in 7 yrs, with a high of 7; Crockett had 36 in 14 years, with a high of 6.

FWIW, Crockett never made a Pro Bowl; Rolle's made one.

Rolle's numbers were down last year because he was hurt and missed 6 games.

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 06:11 PM
This has all been one big facade. Parading all of these FAs in here, feeding them, putting them up in lavish hotels and riding them around in limos. Fans aren't stupid, well, unless your are titus. Ooooops, I forgot, he is in the middle of skeeting off to a poster of queen Carl and Lamar........

KC Dan
03-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Leabo just asked Bell some questions and it didn't sound promising. Bell stated he had a little more medical stuff to do and then he was heading out of Arrowhead. He would not say if he was going to visit other teams. He just kept rambling about not wanting to disrespect anyone....... blah, blah, blah, blah.

I hope to God we get at least Rolle cause I don't see a top flight LB wearing a Chiefs uniform anytime soon.

ARROW2
03-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Chiefs are full of shit.....Maybe Kawika Lanier can blossom now. Barber, Mitchell, Fujita. All pro linebacking corp......If anybody on here thinks that will get it done...........you are an idiot!!

KC Dan
03-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Lighten' up, Francis. seriously

tomahawk kid
03-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Leabo just asked Bell some questions and it didn't sound promising. Bell stated he had a little more medical stuff to do and then he was heading out of Arrowhead. He would not say if he was going to visit other teams. He just kept rambling about not wanting to disrespect anyone....... blah, blah, blah, blah.

I hope to God we get at least Rolle cause I don't see a top flight LB wearing a Chiefs uniform anytime soon.

Jesus f#cking Christ.

I hope Carl goes to his f#cking grave counting all the $ he saved Lamar over the years.

This whole organization is f#cked up beyond all comprehension.

Frazod
03-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Another day of inaction, bullshit excuses, lowballing and talent being signed by other teams who actually care about winning.

Being a fan of this f#cking team is a curse.

And a note to DICK: AGENTS DON'T HAVE FRIENDS, YOU F#CKING MORON!

:cuss: 4321 :# :banghead:

Dave Lane
03-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Also, Vermiel said he had no plans to bring in Smoot. f#cker.

:mad:

No that would be mother f@cker! :banghead: :banghead:

Dave

svuba
03-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Jesus f#cking Christ.

I hope Carl goes to his f#cking grave counting all the $ he saved Lamar over the years.

This whole organization is f#cked up beyond all comprehension.

Whatever Dude..........I liked this place more when expectations wern't so F#king high. If you are that Bitter maybe you should get a new Hobby- - Or at least root from another team that isn;t so F'ed up... Get off the bandwagon....

tomahawk kid
03-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Whatever Dude..........I liked this place more when expectations wern't so F#king high. If you are that Bitter maybe you should get a new Hobby- - Or at least root from another team that isn;t so F'ed up... Get off the bandwagon....

Titus? nmt? Is that you?

the Talking Can
03-04-2005, 06:34 PM
The Chiefs rehuse to admit they have to pay a premium to get good players.

So, instead, they say "the price isn't right."

We are the Bengals as far as FA are concerned.

We'll wait, let other teams sign the players they want and then we'll clean up the crumbs.

God forbid we actually went out and got the best player available.

keg in kc
03-04-2005, 06:35 PM
I think some of you guys need to get away for a night. You know, down a bottle of liquor and spend a little quality time with some porn and a bottle of lotion.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2005, 06:36 PM
The Chiefs rehuse to admit they have to pay a premium to get good players.

So, instead, they say "the price isn't right."

We are the Bengals as far as FA are concerned.

We'll wait, let other teams sign the players they want and then we'll clean up the crumbs.

God forbid we actually went out and got the best player available.

Lamar just won't tap into those 30 million dollars of profits he made over the playoff-winless Chiefs last year.

Baby Lee
03-04-2005, 06:37 PM
I liked this place more when expectations wern't so F#king high.
That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen on this board, and remember I DON'T have Mememe on ignore.

We are rooting for one of the worst teams in the league right now. The Bengals can look down on us. The Cards can look us in the eye, and are on the uptick. The Saints beat our ass with our own unused WR.
And you think our expectations are too high? I expect this team not to be a laughingstock. And we're not getting there.

HemiEd
03-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Another day of inaction, bullshit excuses, lowballing and talent being signed by other teams who actually care about winning.

Being a fan of this f#cking team is a curse.

And a note to DICK: AGENTS DON'T HAVE FRIENDS, YOU F#CKING MORON!

:cuss: 4321 :# :banghead:

Wow Frazod, how do you really feel?

WilliamTheIrish
03-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Gaaawwwwwwwwwd dammit....

Baby Lee
03-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Wow Frazod, how do you really feel?
I envy his continued passion.
I am fast approaching could care less mode.
I'm about as excited about the 05 season as I am about the next season of The Ashlee Simpson Show.

Frazod
03-04-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm about as excited about the 05 season as I am about the next season of The Ashlee Simpson Show.

It doesn't take a lot of effort to be pissed at these c#cksuckers.

Logical
03-04-2005, 06:43 PM
That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen on this board, and remember I DON'T have Mememe on ignore.

We are rooting for one of the worst teams in the league right now. The Bengals can look down on us. The Cards can look us in the eye, and are on the uptick. The Saints beat our ass with our own unused WR.
And you think our expectations are too high? I expect this team not to be a laughingstock. And we're not getting there.:clap:

Bwana
03-04-2005, 06:45 PM
I have been low key up to this point, but I'm starting to get pissed off myself. Get off your ass and get something done Carl, bend the f*cking wallet you lowballing vile hunk of crap. :shake:

Baby Lee
03-04-2005, 06:47 PM
It doesn't take a lot of effort to be pissed at these c#cksuckers.
Yeah, but it's getting to be a lot like catching Lynrd Sknrd in the parking lot at the grand opening of the new IGA and bemoaning the fact that they don't 'bring the passion' like they did in the '70s.

Frazod
03-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Somebody mentioned not getting Sunday Ticket this year. If these f#cksticks let all the talent go elsewhere and then sign a bunch of has-been/never was bench jockeys to fill positions of DIRE NEED, you can add me to that list. 4321

HC_Chief
03-04-2005, 06:53 PM
I think this is the closest I've seen CP go towards a full-on "meltdown". Even some of the less vocal members are venting.

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 06:55 PM
if that quote from Vermiel is real kiss Hartwell goodbye. Lowballing again cost us. WTF are they thinking? You think Hartwell is going to sign for less than what Pierce got from NY? Rolle going to sign for less than what Lucas got? This is the real world. Was this one big dog and pony show?

HemiEd
03-04-2005, 06:55 PM
So how does this rate on the meltdown scale?

WilliamTheIrish
03-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Somebody mentioned not getting Sunday Ticket this year. If these f#cksticks let all the talent go elsewhere and then sign a bunch of has-been/never was bench jockeys to fill positions of DIRE NEED, you can add me to that list. 4321

Same here.

But I refuse to give up on Hartwell.

Frazod
03-04-2005, 07:07 PM
So how does this rate on the meltdown scale?
Its right up there.

bogie
03-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Not going to believe we got Hartwell till it becomes official, not going to lose hope till it becomes official. However, if we lose him, I'm gonna be one bummed out mofo.

Calcountry
03-04-2005, 07:12 PM
More like, f#ck Lamar.

What an occasion to turn into a complete f#cking tightwad.This is what I have been saying, not DV, not CP, but Lamar.

Its his fuggin money, dont' think he doesn't have a say in how its spent.

brent102fire
03-04-2005, 07:14 PM

If the Chiefs have Mitchell, Fujita and Barber? then the Safeties better be prepared to play LB as well :cuss:

MGRS13
03-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Agreed!!! REP!!

Chiefs Pantalones
03-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Sammy Knight will be in next week sometime, DV said.

Also, you know what was one of the first things DV said to Leabo about Trotter...

"I asked him (Trotter) first, why do you want to get away from a team like the Eagles? I couldn't believe it. But he told me that he felt like they weren't respecting him enough, dollar wise."

I hope DV was kidding or kind of stretching his words a little bit, because that's not very bright. Who knows, he's lost his mind a long time ago so I wouldn't doubt him actually saying that. Way to sell the Chiefs to him, DV. Although, I'd rather play for the Eagles too from a player standpoint if the dollars were the same.

Calcountry
03-04-2005, 07:22 PM
I would rather have us just sit and do nothing rather than bring in guys and do nothing, atleast that is the way it seems right now...Fug, I would rather the Chiefs stand pat and go 8-8, sell out the stadium, raise ticket and parking prices and stay profitable, than lose a few million and win a super bowl, ANY FUGGIN 35 YEARS.

go bowe
03-04-2005, 07:26 PM
I'm about as excited about the 05 season as I am about the next season of The Ashlee Simpson Show.ashlee simpson has a show?

what is the (entertainment) world coming to? :(

MGRS13
03-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Sammy Knight will be in next week sometime, DV said.Now thats the kind of second rate older, slower player I'm used to. I'm sure we'll sign him....Yeaaaaa..
:banghead:

Chiefnj
03-04-2005, 07:31 PM
I know it is frustrating, but at this point I think people are being way too hard on Vermeil and Peterson.

Trotter - Was ranked as the best MLB free agent by most publications. The Chiefs bring him in right away AND offer him a lot of money (1 report said a 7 mil bonus). It ends up he signs with his old team, for less money. In the end, he didn't want to leave Philly. The Chiefs brought him in and offered him more than anyone else was offering. It's not their fault he didn't sign.

Hartwell. Supposedly had more than 10 teams interested in him. The Chiefs aren't 1 player away from the Super Bowl or from completing their defense, so they can't break their limited bank on one guy. He stayed longer than expected, so the Chiefs were obviously saying or trying to do the right thing to get him signed. If a team like the Cards has 19 mil in cap space, they can fit him in better. The Cards don't have a QB, don't have a HB, don't have a TE and don't have the OL that the Chiefs have payed for. They are simply in a better position if they want to spend money for once.

Rolle - Similar situation to Hartwell. He knows he is THE top free agent available and I'm sure he's asking for the world. Again, if the Chiefs were 1 player away they might spend it on him, but since they have multiple needs they can't. He didn't walk away immediately so again, it looks like the Chiefs are being competitive. If Rolle is asking for 17 million in bonus money, then maybe the Chiefs are better looking at Dyson and Bell and getting 2 for the price of one.

Detoxing
03-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Why is everyone so hard on DV? Is he not the one that brought us this offense? (credit to A.Sanders as well), the guy that got us trent green and the Priest? I mean damn, give him a break. Who would you DV haters out there rather have that is available? He is a proven winner, and instilled a little hope into this organization. I remember the marty days, and when Gun had his day, and i also remeber being a bored Chiefs fan, still not going to the SB. Yeah, we have no defense, but is that DV's fault or CP's? I dont know many head coaches that dont want quality players. It just seems like some of you need someone to blame. DV is doing what he cana with what he has. He admits he doesnt know defense, hence the reason for GUN. Give him a break for Dr. Jesus' sake

Chiefs Pantalones
03-04-2005, 07:47 PM
I know it is frustrating, but at this point I think people are being way too hard on Vermeil and Peterson.

Trotter - Was ranked as the best MLB free agent by most publications. The Chiefs bring him in right away AND offer him a lot of money (1 report said a 7 mil bonus). It ends up he signs with his old team, for less money. In the end, he didn't want to leave Philly. The Chiefs brought him in and offered him more than anyone else was offering. It's not their fault he didn't sign.

Hartwell. Supposedly had more than 10 teams interested in him. The Chiefs aren't 1 player away from the Super Bowl or from completing their defense, so they can't break their limited bank on one guy. He stayed longer than expected, so the Chiefs were obviously saying or trying to do the right thing to get him signed. If a team like the Cards has 19 mil in cap space, they can fit him in better. The Cards don't have a QB, don't have a HB, don't have a TE and don't have the OL that the Chiefs have payed for. They are simply in a better position if they want to spend money for once.

Rolle - Similar situation to Hartwell. He knows he is THE top free agent available and I'm sure he's asking for the world. Again, if the Chiefs were 1 player away they might spend it on him, but since they have multiple needs they can't. He didn't walk away immediately so again, it looks like the Chiefs are being competitive. If Rolle is asking for 17 million in bonus money, then maybe the Chiefs are better looking at Dyson and Bell and getting 2 for the price of one.

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades...and the Chiefs organization. I've been a fan of this team for a long time and have heard enough excuses to last a lifetime. It's getting pretty old and tiresome. Has been for a long time.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-04-2005, 07:49 PM
Why is everyone so hard on DV? Is he not the one that brought us this offense? (credit to A.Sanders as well), the guy that got us trent green and the Priest? I mean damn, give him a break. Who would you DV haters out there rather have that is available? He is a proven winner, and instilled a little hope into this organization. I remember the marty days, and when Gun had his day, and i also remeber being a bored Chiefs fan, still not going to the SB. Yeah, we have no defense, but is that DV's fault or CP's? I dont know many head coaches that dont want quality players. It just seems like some of you need someone to blame. DV is doing what he cana with what he has. He admits he doesnt know defense, hence the reason for GUN. Give him a break for Dr. Jesus' sake

I agree. DV, Carl, etc, have done an excellent job of building half a team. Great job.

Detoxing
03-04-2005, 07:50 PM
lol, once again you still have this need to blame DV, hell, blame the offense for not scoring enough points and D.Hall for not running back enough TD's

Baby Lee
03-04-2005, 07:51 PM
This isn't just an underperforming defense. It's an embarassing defense. And last year, they stood on the principle that they could coach them into shape. They failed, but I can credit them with having a philosophy and holding to it. Now, they've hung their heads and admitted our personnel sucks and we need premiere players.
AND THEY FAILED TO GET THEM.
Now we're stuck with players who know the coaches and FO have no faith in them, and no talent to replace them.
We have the worst defense in the league, and now they know their bosses aren't on their side AND aren't willing to help.

milkman
03-04-2005, 07:53 PM

DickWad and the King ARE responsible.
They are the ****in' idiots who re-signed all the useless crap from one of the worst defenses ever to long term deals before last season.

Baby Lee
03-04-2005, 07:54 PM
lol, once again you still have this need to blame DV, hell, blame the offense for not scoring enough points and D.Hall for not running back enough TD's
He's the HC who has shaped this team into a national embarassment.
He's turned Gonzo, Dante, Priest Trent and our O-Line [all of whom should have SB rings] into a set of Charles Barkleys.

Detoxing
03-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Yes, i agree with most of what you just said, Im just saying that DV shouldn't get as much blame as some of you are giving him. It was DV's job to make the FA's visit a good one and leave a good impression, CP's job to get them a contract. Judging by the forums over the last 3 days, it sounds like they all liked there stay...so, DV did his end of the bargain, that dungnugget CP didnt do his part...and then DV has to look like a hole when he speaks to the press. Then, he takes all the crap for a horrid D

Detoxing
03-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Going to work now, wish i could continue this

siberian khatru
03-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Guys, the only player we've pursued so far who has signed elsewhere is Trotter. And he did so for personal, not money, reasons -- apparently Carl offered more money, but Trotter preferred to stay home, with a team that went to the Super Bowl last year.

Hartwell, Rolle, et. al. are still out there. Granted, I'm not happy that they were allowed to leave w/out signing. But they're not gone yet. Let's save our vitriol for when we truly have struck out.

milkman
03-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Guys, the only player we've pursued so far who has signed elsewhere is Trotter. And he did so for personal, not money, reasons -- apparently Carl offered more money, but Trotter preferred to stay home, with a team that went to the Super Bowl last year.

Hartwell, Rolle, et. al. are still out there. Granted, I'm not happy that they were allowed to leave w/out signing. But they're not gone yet. Let's save our vitriol for when we truly have struck out.

Do you really believe that guys that have already left town are going to sign here?

I admire your optimism, but I just don't see it happening.

Bowser
03-04-2005, 08:08 PM
This isn't just an underperforming defense. It's an embarassing defense. And last year, they stood on the principle that they could coach them into shape. They failed, but I can credit them with having a philosophy and holding to it. Now, they've hung their heads and admitted our personnel sucks and we need premiere players.
AND THEY FAILED TO GET THEM.
Now we're stuck with players who know the coaches and FO have no faith in them, and no talent to replace them.
We have the worst defense in the league, and now they know their bosses aren't on their side AND aren't willing to help.

Outstanding!

siberian khatru
03-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Do you really believe that guys that have already left town are going to sign here?

I admire your optimism, but I just don't see it happening.

I wouldn't say it's optimism. I'd say its caution. Or a lack of presumption. I didn't say I thought they'd sign those guys, I just said they hadn't lost them yet. I also said I wasn't thrilled they left w/out signing contracts.

But until these guys are G-O-N-E, as in signed with someone else, I'm reserving my histrionics. Not saying histrionics are never warranted, just saying we should wait until that third strike occurs. Maybe the limping Gibson will take the Eck deep.

crossbow
03-04-2005, 08:22 PM
If Peterson's one dimentional ahole friends knew how to evaluate talent then we wouldn't be sitting here pining over guys that could be brought in to fix what should have been addressed in the draft in the first place.

That is why I am so frustrated. It shouldn't have come down to last minute desperate attempts to correct bad decistions that happened three years ago.

TEX
03-04-2005, 09:38 PM

I hear ya and I would normally agree except for the fact that we all have been waiting for TWO YEARS for the CHIEFS to add talent to this _efense. I just have this feeling that we'll add 2nd and 3rd tier talent like we did in '03... :shake:

TEX
03-04-2005, 09:40 PM
If Peterson's one dimentional ahole friends knew how to evaluate talent then we wouldn't be sitting here pining over guys that could be brought in to fix what should have been addressed in the draft in the first place.

That is why I am so frustrated. It shouldn't have come down to last minute desperate attempts to correct bad decistions that happened three years ago.

Well you're right there to some degree. I'd also like to add that IF he could also evaluate the lack of talent that we had on _efence, we wouldn't be in this shape either as most of them could have walked last year without re-signing with the CHIEFS. :shake:

Saggysack
03-06-2005, 12:41 AM
If you're going strictly by tackles, you're right. Rolle's had 50+ tackles twice. Crockett had 7 such seasons.

But if you go by passes defensed -- isn't that what a CB is really about? -- they're pretty even. In 5 of his 7 seasons, Rolle's had 13+ PDs; Crockett had 6 such seasons in 14 years.

If you go by INTs, they're pretty even: Rolle has 23 in 7 yrs, with a high of 7; Crockett had 36 in 14 years, with a high of 6.

FWIW, Crockett never made a Pro Bowl; Rolle's made one.

Rolle's numbers were down last year because he was hurt and missed 6 games.

Rolle has never had more than 11 PD's in one season. Crockett in his 7th season had a career high of 19 PD's. Rolle had 6 PD's in his 7th season.

Don't get me wrong, I think Rolle is a talent and would welcome his addition at the right price. I'm just not gonna find myself pumping him up more than what he has ever been.

Rolle has been injured in pretty much every year he has played, not just last year. Only 2 years out of 7 has he not missed some games. Also according to nfl.com Rolle missed 4 games last year, not 6. The year before that he missed 3 games. I'm just saying Rolle is a durability risk, and in Gunthers scheme, I'd hope to hell they have durable CB's. Let's not forget the year or 2 before Dale Carter was gone. He had injuries issues as well, and he is bigger than Rolle. Let's not just jump the gun and go put alot of money down on a guy because Gun likes and has worked with him previously. I'm hoping the will bring in more CB's and atleast see what option they may have.

Sparhawk
03-06-2005, 12:54 AM
Maybe I'm just fantasizing here but this could be the year the King does actually do something. Only a few days into FA too. Remember his tail is on the line. What better way to get a raise than a new contract, a nice playoff run, and happy fans filling Arrowheads seats, or even better a Superbowl Run? Doing the majority of these things will assure Carl is still King for a while, failure though might mean a new Sheriff in Town! Makes it all the more exciting for me, either way it turns out.

chappy
03-06-2005, 01:24 AM
They HAVE to sign Rolle and Hartwell/Bell or both on Monday or they will be gone!!!

milkman
03-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Maybe I'm just fantasizing here but this could be the year the King does actually do something. Only a few days into FA too. Remember his tail is on the line. What better way to get a raise than a new contract, a nice playoff run, and happy fans filling Arrowheads seats, or even better a Superbowl Run? Doing the majority of these things will assure Carl is still King for a while, failure though might mean a new Sheriff in Town! Makes it all the more exciting for me, either way it turns out.

I don't care if he does sign Rolle, Hartwell, and Bell, then goes on to draft nothing but future HoFers in April.

I want that A-Hole gone at the end of the season.

I just can't take his BS anymore.

Rausch
03-06-2005, 01:33 AM
I hear ya and I would normally agree except for the fact that we all have been waiting for TWO YEARS for the CHIEFS to add talent to this _efense. I just have this feeling that we'll add 2nd and 3rd tier talent like we did in '03... :shake:

2nd and 3rd tier talent is still a huge improvement over Bartee & McClitoris...

carlos3652
03-06-2005, 06:42 AM

and that 2nd and 3rd tier talent on _efense landed us at 13-3... just imagine if we have at least 1 or 2 top tier defenders with a 2nd or 3rd tier talent...

the Talking Can
03-06-2005, 06:58 AM

kind of like how year 13 without a playoff win will be an improvement over year 12 without a playoff win?