PDA

View Full Version : Will this offseason be considered a failure if we don't sign Hartwell?

suds79
03-04-2005, 05:20 PM
I personally feel it will be.

As much as I want some CBs, we've just gotta replace Mitchell with a high quality MLB and now that Trotter is gone, Hartwell is the only one left IMO.

I haven't seen a MLB in the draft that jumps out at me either.

But anybody would be better than Kawika.

Woodrow Call
03-04-2005, 05:22 PM
I like Bell but no one else seems to.

CosmicPal
03-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Good gawd...another one of these?

No, the season won't be a failure if we don't sign Hartwell. But, it just might be a failure if we don't sign Elton John. You know he's gay?

HolmeZz
03-04-2005, 05:25 PM
If we land Rolle, Bell, and Dwight Smith, I'd have trouble calling it a failure. I really wanted Hartwell though.

Logical
03-04-2005, 05:25 PM
I could live with

Rolle, Bell, Smith
Smoot (and no he has not signed despite the rumors) Bell, Smith

I could even live with two of three if we managed to get Antrel Rolle or by some miracle Derrick Johnson.

Logical
03-04-2005, 05:28 PM
I like Bell but no one else seems to.I think it is more we are worried that he will end up with more of his time on the injury list than on the playing field given his history.

TEX
I could live with

Rolle, Bell, Smith
Smoot (and no he has not signed despite the rumors) Bell, Smith

I could even live with two of three if we managed to get Antrel Rolle or by some miracle Derrick Johnson.

I bet it will just be Bell and Smith - 2nd tier guys. :shake:

Wallcrawler
Only if we dont land ANY solid free agents will this off-season be a failure.

When Kendrell Bell was healthy, he played well and won def. rookie of the year. He's had some injury troubles, so he's a question mark, but he has shown the ability to make some plays. More than Kawika has shown anyway.

Id rather have Hartwell, sure, but its not a total failure if we dont get him.

BUT WE HAVE TO GET SOMEONE, or this season is as good as flushed down the toilet.

Calcountry
03-04-2005, 06:00 PM
How about a COLOSSAL FAILURE?

Chief Roundup
03-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Absolutely not. Some fans on here will act like it though.
I would be okay with Sam Cowart.

DaWolf
03-04-2005, 06:10 PM
No. It will be a faliure if we don't upgrade the defense, but this offseason is not based on any one player.

I look at San Diego last year, they signed a bunch of low key guys, and turned their team around. We don't need names to become a better team. That just gets people excited. What we do need are solid football players who can play this scheme Gunther is running and make us successful. If we do not aquire defensive upgrades to allow us to do this, it will be a failed offseason...