PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs $2.7 under the cap

Chief Roundup
03-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Chiefs | Little Room Under Salary Cap - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:19:07 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Kansas City Chiefs have just $2.7 million in salary cap room as of Friday, March 4.

Which brings up a good question. Can we be or get over the cap now with signings if we want as long as we are back under by June 2cd?

DenverChief
03-04-2005, 05:30 PM
WTF I thought we had $6M under? :banghead:

Wallcrawler
LOOK OUT!!

jspchief will be here any minute to rip your ass up for posting a dupe thread!!

Run while you can!!

Phobia
No. Everybody has to stay under the cap or the contract won't be approved by the league office.

Kerberos
03-04-2005, 05:34 PM
No. Everybody has to stay under the cap or the contract won't be approved by the league office.

If that were true ... how in the world did the Raiders get Moss and LaMont Jordan when they were WAY over the cap when Woodson surprised them with his signing of thier one year offer last week???

I think you can sign whoever the hell you please but you gotta get under by the magical date!

Mile High Mania
03-04-2005, 05:37 PM
It should make you feel better to know that Clayton has Denver at only $1.7M under.

Chief Roundup
03-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Okay then does that mean the number we are under includes our rookie draft pool projected #?

What about the june 1st cuts? I have always thought teams cut players then to get back under the cap as well as being able to spread out the cap hit.

Chief Roundup
03-04-2005, 05:39 PM
I do know that Claytons numbers can and are probably off a little. But still.

Crush
03-04-2005, 05:41 PM
WTF? We're only $2.70 under the cap? I guess this means that Rolle, Hartwell, Smith, and Bell will just have to share their pack of Ramen noodles.

DaWolf
03-04-2005, 05:41 PM
If that were true ... how in the world did the Raiders get Moss and LaMont Jordan when they were WAY over the cap when Woodson surprised them with his signing of thier one year offer last week???

I think you can sign whoever the hell you please but you gotta get under by the magical date!

They weren't way over the cap. They were under, and Clayton was wrong with his numbers, as he often is.

The cap is not a hard number, and it is always fluid. The Chiefs could, for instance, release someone like Morton tomorrow and have more cap room. Or they could restructure someone's deal...