PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Brees signs with Chargers for 1 yr.

dirk digler
03-04-2005, 05:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2005239

Sorry if repost.

Smart man.

TEX
03-04-2005, 05:40 PM
So now EVERY team the West has done SOMETHING to improve EXCEPT the CHIEFS. :shake:

dirk digler
03-04-2005, 05:49 PM
So now EVERY team the West has done SOMETHING to improve EXCEPT the CHIEFS. :shake:

Yep smart move by Brees and he will make alot of money next year.

Mile High Mania
03-04-2005, 05:50 PM
TEX - how did SD improve by resigning their starter?

Crush
03-04-2005, 05:59 PM

You must realize that all logic is gone from the board. The chimps run the show as this board has turned into a chaotic form of matter which makes hell look like Disney Land.

"Ladies and Gentleman, I've been to Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq; and I can say without hyperbole that this is a million times worse than all of them put together." - Kent Brockman

TEX
03-04-2005, 06:02 PM

They made the right decision to KEEP him instead of letting him go. Had they gone with Rivers, they would have taken a huge step backwards next year.

I remember when we had money invested in a younger QB and let a veteran go. That move was a huge mistake. :hmmm:

dirk digler
03-04-2005, 06:14 PM
They made the right decision to KEEP him instead of letting him go. Had they gone with Rivers, they would have taken a huge step backwards next year.

I remember when we had money invested in a younger QB and let a veteran go. That move was a huge mistake. :hmmm:

I don't really know if it was really up to them other than placing the franchise tag on him. He decided to sign the tender just like Woodson did. I guess they couldn't have franchished him but that would be stupid IMO.