PDA

View Full Version : Gary Baxter to the Browns

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Per NFL Network...

The Bad Guy
03-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Schefter just reported on NFL Network that Baxter signed with the Browns.

tomahawk kid
03-04-2005, 06:40 PM
:deevee:

:eek:

Sweet Jesus.

Phobia
03-04-2005, 06:41 PM
The Ravens nest just imploded.

Wallcrawler
03-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Sure didnt take em long to replace Anthony Henry.

Deberg_1990
03-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Well fellows looks like another exciting season of All-Pros Dexter McCleon and William Bartee!

Delano
03-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Here's KFFL's (http://www.kffl.com/nfl) Baxter blurb:

Browns Sign Db Baxter To Six-year Deal

Print this article | Email this article

March 4, 2005

By SportsTicker

CLEVELAND (Ticker) - The Cleveland Browns have found a replacement for Anthony Henry.

The Browns signed free agent cornerback Gary Baxter to a six-year contract on Friday. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Henry, who started for the Browns at right corner, signed a free agent deal with the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday.

The 6-2, 204-pound Baxter had spent his first four seasons with the Baltimore Ravens. He produced 86 tackles with two sacks, two forced fumbles and one interception last season.

"Gary Baxter has very good size for his position, with tackling and coverage skills," Browns coach Romeo Crennel said. "His tenacious play and extra effort is also impressive. Gary's experience on a dominant defense and the attitude he brings to the game will certainly enhance our efforts on the defensive side of the ball."

"I'm very excited about the opportunity to play for the Browns and Coach Crennel," Baxter said. "I like the direction the team is headed and I'm really looking forward to playing in front of the 'Dawg Pound.'"

Browns general manager Phil Savage was familiar with Baxter after formerly working as an assistant to Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome. He recommended Baltimore select Baxter out of Baylor in the second round of the 2001 draft.

"Since the very first time I saw Gary at Baylor, I loved the fact that he was big, tough, fast and he could hit," Savage said. "He's also very versatile, and can play corner and even safety if needed. He brings a football temperament and mentality we like and has developed into the consummate professional.

Chief Roundup
03-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Well fellows looks like another exciting season of All-Pros Dexter McCleon and William Bartee!
Oh really when and where did Smoot, Law, and Rolle sign. Geez dude go take a valium or zanax or something.

Delano
03-04-2005, 07:52 PM

Yeah, 'cause Baxter and Lucas were the only CB's available in free agency..

Delano
03-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Oh really when and where did Smoot, Law, and Rolle sign. Geez dude go take a valium or zanax or something.

A-****ing-men
:thumb:

Cochise
03-04-2005, 08:31 PM
$10.5 million bonus.

Pants
03-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Rolle is still the best CB (Law would be #1 if he was healthy) out there right now. And I'm pretty sure we'll be getting him. It's just a matter of who we'll be getting at LB, hopefully it's Heartwell, but that's very unlikely.