PDA

View Full Version : Glen Cadrez to visit

Bootlegged
03-04-2005, 08:33 PM
Hopefully we can get him signed before he leaves.

the Talking Can
03-04-2005, 08:33 PM
hopefully you'll die

Bootlegged
03-04-2005, 08:34 PM
hopefully you'll die

interesting response, maybe time for some fresh air.

Cochise
03-04-2005, 08:35 PM
:LOL:

crossbow
03-04-2005, 08:36 PM

LOL,

My kind of sarcasm. Good one. Did they send the purple Limo loaded with popcorn for him?

rep.

Skip Towne
03-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Very funny, Lattimer. Do you also laugh at crippled people?

nychief
03-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Come on guys... he would actually be an upgrade.

Count Alex's Losses
03-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Glenn Cadrez was one of the sumbitches that helped us suck mightily back in the day. Does he even have legs at this point in his life?

crossbow
03-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Come on guys... he would actually be an upgrade.

I keep replaying his pathetic and hopless attempt to catch Sharpe the day he put up 200 yards on us.

crossbow
03-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Glenn Cadrez was one of the sumbitches that helped us suck mightily back in the day. Does he even have legs at this point in his life?

LOL, it is like watching "The 6 million dollar man" all slomo.

Pants
03-04-2005, 08:50 PM

Heard you were pwnd over at the gaymane.

Boardin Bronco
03-04-2005, 08:53 PM
http://www.ivpressonline.com/articl...news/news03.txt

Cadrez in custody after altercation in Bucklin Park

By DARREN SIMON, Staff Writer

Thursday, February 5, 2004 3:04 PM PST

In a bizarre case this morning, former professtional football linebacker Glenn Cadrez was involved in an altercation with an El Centro Fire Department arson investigator, who, during the incident, fired a round from his service revolver.

No injuries occurred in the shooting, which the El Centro Police Department was investigating as an officer-involved shooting.

At presstime, Cadrez was being questioned at police headquarters and was in custody on allegations of making criminal threats, said El Centro police Sgt. Jerrold Novak, who added police were still trying to piece together the morning's events and had few details.

Police said at some point before 8 a.m. there was a confrontation between Cadrez and El Centro fire Capt. Scott Casillas, the department's arson investigator.

As an arson investigator who handles criminal matters, Casillas is licensed to carry a duty firearm, police said.

Novak said he was unsure about what fueled the confrontation but said there has been some kind of ongoing personal matter between the two.

Police were unsure where this morning's confrontation started, but it ended at Ross Avenue and Eighth Street inside Bucklin Park. Casillas was off duty at the time.

Novak said Casillas was attempting to arrest Cadrez on allegations of making criminal threats and during the arrest a shot was fired from his service revolver.

Novak said he was unsure if the weapon was fired by accident.

Casillas was able to take Cadrez into custody. Cadrez was turned over to police, who were questioning Cadrez and Casillas this morning.

There was no information at presstime whether Cadrez would be booked into the county jail.

Cadrez, a two-time Super Bowl champion while with the Denver Broncos, is an Imperial Valley native and host of the radio sports talk show "The Morning Blitz."

>> Staff Writer Darren Simon can be contacted at dsimon@ivpressonline.com or at 337-3442.

siberian khatru
03-04-2005, 08:56 PM
In related news, Shannon Sharpe says he's coming out of retirement, just so he can notch one more 200-yard game.

alanm
03-04-2005, 08:57 PM
I'd be more happy if they were on the phone to Marvcus Patton. Even at 38 now he's still better than anything we have and I bet he can still stop a RB at the LOS. :thumb:

Count Alex's Losses
03-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Heard you were pwnd over at the gaymane.

Yeah, good times. Just playing my part...

Pants
03-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Yeah, good times. Just playing my part...

ROFL

Good job. Make sure to go talk mad shit on them once we sign Rolle and Bell.

Count Alex's Losses
03-04-2005, 09:03 PM
ROFL

Good job. Make sure to go talk mad shit on them once we sign Rolle and Bell.

Oh, I will.

bringbackmarty
03-04-2005, 11:00 PM
I'd be more happy if they were on the phone to Marvcus Patton. Even at 38 now he's still better than anything we have and I bet he can still stop a RB at the LOS. :thumb:
the thing I remember about patton most vividly was that one of his arms was at least as thick around as my entire torso.

Dave Lane
03-05-2005, 12:02 AM

This is a joke right? Right? Right...

Dave

tommykat
03-05-2005, 12:14 AM
If you would clean your smokes out some could reply being a smart arse.

mcan
03-05-2005, 01:03 AM
I kinda liked Cadrez. He was able to play all three positions at linebacker, and was fairly quick. If I recall, Cadrez was only beaten once that game against Sharpe, and mostly it was our safeties trying to play a cover two for the first time ever. They lined up too wide on three or four different occaisions and Sharpe was able to split the safeties for long gains.

Cadrez was no star, but he was a very valuable backup because he freed up a roster spot as well as filled in nicely when he was called on. No complaints about those types of players from my perspective...