PDA

View Full Version : Safety position still a problem

redsurfer11
03-04-2005, 10:53 PM
I have no problem with the play of Greg Wesley. But Jerome Woods has never completely healed from his broken leg a few years ago, he has lost a step or two from the player he used to be. Before the injury he was a very good player, with alot of promise. Time to cut ties with him and go another direction. We need a player that can fly and is not affraid to come up against the run. Just find it wierd that since Woods injury, the Chiefs have had the worst defense in football. I also wonder if anyone in the Chiefs organization has put a stop watch on Woods to see how much he has slowed down.

keg in kc
03-04-2005, 10:56 PM
It's just my theory, but I believe that's why we looked at Smith and why we're bringing in Knight.

irishjayhawk
03-04-2005, 10:56 PM
This is where a Roy Williams over Ryan Sims would have helped.

Judge Smails
03-04-2005, 10:57 PM
It would be great if Smith being in lit a fire under both Woods and Warfield.

Mr. Laz
ya...

you could actually look at it and say that safety might be a huge problem.

when you play bump and run you need your free safety to be able to play centerfield and break on the ball for those deep,high timing routes.

the ones that mccleon got smoked on and that Woods was always a couple steps slow on.

we just have so many needs.... :(

Kclee
This is where a Roy Williams over Ryan Sims would have helped.

Dallas wouldn't have traded with us if we would've been going for Roy.

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Dallas wouldn't have traded with us if we would've been going for Roy.

did we have to tell them the truth? :spock:

redsurfer11
03-04-2005, 11:01 PM
We might have to be concerned with the Chiefs drafting a Safety with our 1st or 2nd pick this year. The talk of Sammy Knight coming in might solve this. He's a good player with a nose for the ball.

keg in kc
03-04-2005, 11:02 PM
It would be great if Smith being in lit a fire under both Woods and Warfield.I don't think any fire's going to be lit under Woods, not at his age. He's not going anywhere but down in all likelihood. That's why I wasn't thrilled about that contract last year.

redsurfer11
03-04-2005, 11:06 PM
ya...

you could actually look at it and say that safety might be a huge problem.

when you play bump and run you need your free safety to be able to play centerfield and break on the ball for those deep,high timing routes.

the ones that mccleon got smoked on and that Woods was always a couple steps slow on.

we just have so many needs.... :(

I can recall two games last year that it cost us big time. The Houston game with Andre Johnson and the Saints game with Joe Horn. Teams were throwing the deep ball on us knowing that Woods would never get there in time. They knew they'd have a one on one situation every time.

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 11:09 PM
I can recall two games last year that it cost us big time. The Houston game with Andre Johnson and the Saints game with Joe Horn. Teams were throwing the deep ball on us knowing that Woods would never get there in time. They knew they'd have a one on one situation every time.
yeppers

Chiefnj
03-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Battle is supposed to have tons of athletic ability and speed. Put him back at safety where he belongs.

redsurfer11
03-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Battle is supposed to have tons of athletic ability and speed. Put him back at safety where he belongs.

I might get shot for this one. But you could say the same thing about William Bartee.

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 11:17 PM
I might get shot for this one. But you could say the same thing about William Bartee.
and warfield

we got like 12 safeties on the roster

Oregon chief
03-04-2005, 11:18 PM
i like sammy knight if we can get him cheap. whats the deal on smith is he worth much?

redsurfer11
03-04-2005, 11:34 PM
i like sammy knight if we can get him cheap. whats the deal on smith is he worth much?

He's Cornerback/safety tweener, just like all the DB's on our roster. Has a nose for the ball, from games I've seen him play.

bringbackmarty
03-05-2005, 12:47 AM
I Have a feeling that safety is what our draft pick might get spent on. Especially now that rolle and johnson aint fallin' to us.

bringbackmarty
03-05-2005, 12:49 AM
i really want to lay pipe in dushku, I've been saying oh eliza to my wife when we make love. I'm lucky the monkeys didn't bite my balls off.

Logical
03-05-2005, 12:56 AM

I agree but not at free safety, Bartee would make a good strong safety. I also like the idea of moving Battle to free safety where he has belonged from the beginning.

Logical
03-05-2005, 12:57 AM
i really want to lay pipe in dushku, I've been saying oh eliza to my wife when we make love. I'm lucky the monkeys didn't bite my balls off.Somewhat amusing but I am wondering why it is posted in this thread?

Gaz
03-05-2005, 06:49 AM
If we get the CBs folks clamor for, we will have plenty of extra CBs on the roster that we can convert to Safety.

LB & CB, folks.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thinks we should de-convert a couple of ex-Safeties.

NaptownChief
03-05-2005, 07:24 AM
If they sign Rolle and a good MLB like Hartwell then that would certainly open the door to draft a stud like Thomas Davis out of UGA who could play safety or LB'er....Personally I would leave that crusher at Safety if they get Hartwell. That would sure make for a huge defensive upgrade in talent.

brent102fire
03-05-2005, 09:40 AM
IF the Chiefs don't sign a few new LB's, the Safety position is going to be a real problem again. Woods and Wesley are going to have to play Safety and LB again :banghead: :cuss: :mad: :shake:

morphius
03-05-2005, 09:52 AM
I want the Chiefs to try to move some of these failed CB's to safety. If the Chiefs thought they may have the talent to play CB, surly at least one or two of the guys can play Safety effectively.

HC_Chief
03-05-2005, 09:58 AM
I think if we let our safeties play SAFETY, instead of safety + corner + LB on every snap, we'll see much improved play out of them.

Just a hunch.

WilliamTheIrish
03-05-2005, 10:22 AM

You're in my gunsight....

Bartee just needs to be removed from the roster. He was a mistake and it's time this organization realized that.

Just let him go.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2005, 10:24 AM
I think if we let our safeties play SAFETY, instead of safety + corner + LB on every snap, we'll see much improved play out of them.

Just a hunch.

possible ... part of woods problem is that he has so many responsibilities that he is late making the decision causing him to get there late.

could also be that he lost a step and wasn't that fast to begin with

:shrug: