PDA

View Full Version : What do I do with this couch?

|Zach|
03-05-2005, 01:58 AM
A teacher of mine has a pretty nice couch but for some reason is getting a new one or is moving stuff around. I am not sure if he is going to give me a nicer couch than I have right now for free. So I am left with my current couch...what the hell do I do with it.

It is good but great. Should I try to sell it? Sounds like it wouldnt be worth the hassle. Is there a charity that would be interested in it? I cant really think of one. Should I just dump it where I drop off my trash. Somebody would prob help themselves to it...

Anyone need a damn couch?

Fried Meat Ball!
03-05-2005, 01:59 AM
I'd try to sell it... tell a friend you'll give it to them for $20 if you don't have to help move it.

|Zach|
03-05-2005, 02:00 AM
I'd try to sell it... tell a friend you'll give it to them for $20 if you don't have to help move it.
Thats what I am thinking about...hmmm. I wonder who would need one.

luv
03-05-2005, 02:08 AM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazy asses!!!!! :p

Count Zarth
03-05-2005, 02:09 AM
Bonfire!

Count Zarth
03-05-2005, 02:10 AM
Also: In before the Jake Plummer joke.

Logical
03-05-2005, 02:16 AM
If you want to donate it most cities have a Catholic Charity like St Vincent DePaul that will accept it. In some cities they will come and take it from your home. Most require you to have it out on the sidewalk or near the street for pickup.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-05-2005, 02:19 AM
Lazy asses!!!!! :p

Yup... :thumb: I've gotten rid of no less than 4 couches that way... sell cheap if I don't gotta move it.

Miles
03-05-2005, 03:05 AM
Burn, burn, yes ya gonna burn

Nightfyre
03-05-2005, 03:07 AM
couches go up so fast... its so amazing.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-05-2005, 03:11 AM
I withdraw my suggestion...

burn it. That's more fun.

Pants
03-05-2005, 03:23 AM
Zach, I really need a couch. It'd be great if we could talk about it. The only thing is that we live kinda far away.

stumppy
03-05-2005, 05:26 AM
If you don't wanna mess with it the Salvation Army will come pick it up. I think The Christian Foundation will too.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-05-2005, 05:27 AM
I think most of the board (overnight) was all for burning it. Except Metro... but like he said, you guys live kinda far away.

stumppy
03-05-2005, 05:30 AM
I think most of the board (overnight) was all for burning it. Except Metro... but like he said, you guys live kinda far away.

I noticed that. I still have two real M-80's . If we could somehow incorporate one of those into the burning I'd be all for it.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-05-2005, 05:31 AM
I noticed that. I still have two real M-80's . If we could somehow incorporate one of those into the burning I'd be all for it.
How about using the chlorine bomb to ignite the M80s? That oughta be fun... fire, THEN explosion.

stumppy
03-05-2005, 05:34 AM
How about using the chlorine bomb to ignite the M80s? That oughta be fun... fire, THEN explosion.

oh oh, then massive raining fire. oh oh

Fried Meat Ball!
03-05-2005, 05:35 AM
YES! :stupid: WooWoo :fire:

stumppy
03-05-2005, 05:36 AM
UH.............I set our house on fire when I was 4.

on purpose

Fried Meat Ball!
03-05-2005, 05:38 AM
UH.............I set our house on fire when I was 4.

on purpose
Now see, I've set a whole lot of sh*t on fire on purpose, but nothing like that... and I have yet to seriously injur myself.

stumppy
03-05-2005, 05:46 AM
Now see, I've set a whole lot of sh*t on fire on purpose, but nothing like that... and I have yet to seriously injur myself.

It was....well......it was beautiful.:fire:

It got put out before it went any further than the kitchen.
Mom lined all 4 of us boys up and started the questioning. Me, being the youngest was beyond suspicion.o:-)
I blamed it on the brother closest to me in age. He was 11 at the time.
I finally came clean after mom died, 35 years later. I think my bro is still pissed.:D

|Zach|
03-05-2005, 05:46 AM
Zach, I really need a couch. It'd be great if we could talk about it. The only thing is that we live kinda far away.
Drive over to pick it up and its yours for free. :)

Fried Meat Ball!
03-05-2005, 05:47 AM
What if I drive over and pick it up? :fire:

stumppy
03-05-2005, 05:48 AM
Drive over to pick it up and its yours for free. :)

Just set it in your front yard. It'll be taken care of.:fire:

Fried Meat Ball!
03-05-2005, 05:50 AM
Just set it in your front yard. It'll be taken care of.:fire:
You bring the M80s, I'll bring the chlorine and brake fluid.

stumppy
03-05-2005, 05:58 AM
You bring the M80s, I'll bring the chlorine and brake fluid.

Sounds like a deal.
Hey Zach, you'll need to set a pony keg out with the couch.
Mich. Light please.

ILChief
03-05-2005, 06:18 AM
Salvation Army takes furniture I believe

Skip Towne
03-05-2005, 07:20 AM
I'll give you $2 for the M-80's.

stumppy
03-05-2005, 07:27 AM
I'll give you $2 for the M-80's.

:D

I think I paid a little more than that for them. I forget how much, I bought 25 or 30 of the a few years ago. Whatever I paid for them it was well worth the price. If you could have seen the look on my boys faces when I lit one in the back yard ( to show them how powerful they are and why they were not to touch them) you woulda laughed your ass off. It was the best HOLLY FU@@ look I've evr seen.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-05-2005, 07:29 AM
Much better to explode a burning hunk of chlorine with 'em...

Gotta sleep. Night all.

Skip Towne
03-05-2005, 07:35 AM
:D

I think I paid a little more than that for them. I forget how much, I bought 25 or 30 of the a few years ago. Whatever I paid for them it was well worth the price. If you could have seen the look on my boys faces when I lit one in the back yard ( to show them how powerful they are and why they were not to touch them) you woulda laughed your ass off. It was the best HOLLY FU@@ look I've evr seen.
M-80's and cherry bombs are great. When we were in high school we would light them and flush them down the toilet. It would rattle the plumbing all over the school.

WilliamTheIrish
03-05-2005, 09:33 AM
M-80's and cherry bombs are great. When we were in high school we would light them and flush them down the toilet. It would rattle the plumbing all over the school.

There was no indoor plumbing when you were in school..... timer.

Speaking of M-80's I got a great photo of a guy who actually stuck one in hs mouth. Disgusting as all hell.

I first saw it at a continuing education couse on trauma. Seems it's made the rounds on the net too.

I'll post it if you really wanna see it. It ain't suitable for the squeemish though.

CosmicPal
03-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Here's an example of what you can do with the couch:

http://denver.craigslist.org/about/best/den/57066596.html

C-Mac
03-05-2005, 10:42 AM
I know this isnt as fun but is a realistic tool. It works!

http://www.freecycle.org/

I saw this on CNN 3 months ago. Its a great idea and useful website. This is a free website that people can use to aquire free items or get rid of items that may have value but you dont want anymore. Kind of like a free want ad's, but you cant sell, only give away or recieve free. They have specific regions for groups that are usually within a 40 mile area. Check it out if you get a chance. The real beauty is you can just tell them that they have to come pick it up.
:thumb:

|Zach|
03-05-2005, 12:06 PM
Salvation Army takes furniture I believe
Really?

C-Mac
03-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Really?

Even if, you still would have to deliver it to them.

go bowe
03-05-2005, 12:22 PM
A teacher of mine has a pretty nice couch but for some reason is getting a new one or is moving stuff around. I am not sure if he is going to give me a nicer couch than I have right now for free. So I am left with my current couch...what the hell do I do with it.

It is good but great. Should I try to sell it? Sounds like it wouldnt be worth the hassle. Is there a charity that would be interested in it? I cant really think of one. Should I just dump it where I drop off my trash. Somebody would prob help themselves to it...

Anyone need a damn couch?next time you come up this way, just tie it on the roof of your car and drop it off at my house...

i won't charge you anything for storage, either... :D

stumppy
03-05-2005, 12:24 PM
Really?
Yes, and either the Salv. Army or the Christian Foundation will come pick it up.