PDA

View Full Version : Dreams...

Ultra Peanut
03-05-2005, 04:33 AM
Anyone else have dreams where they're not actively involved, just watching other stuff happen? I'm sure it's common, but it's kind of strange to wake up and realize that you weren't even in your own dream. Maybe it's symbolic of how I never do anything, or something.

I just had a dream about some basketball TV show or something that basically showed a game between two fairly nondescript teams (can't remember the team that was clearly the most "important" one to the show, other than that they were wearing white and red, and the team they were playing against had "Houston" on the front of their jerseys, which were purple with yellow trim). The gym kind of felt like a high school or small college gym, with dingy lighting and a compressed kind of look. There was a sideline reporter (maybe a black Bob Costas) before the game once and during it once. The gym kind of felt like a high school or small college gym, with dingy, overly-"warm" lighting and all.

Dennis Quaid (and I know it was him, because my reaction upon seeing him was, "Hey, Dennis Quaid"), apparently a bench player for the protagonist team, came running out of the tunnel (more like a door in one of the end zones) and started dancing on the court at a really inopportune time (the team had just done something bad that I can't recall). Long story short, the Redandwhites tried a three at the end of the game, but I knew it was too late because I saw the ESPN-style scorebox down in the bottom right corner and it was clearly after 0.0. To make matters worse, it went in and would have won the game for them. Dennis Quaid (I think he wore #3) ran back out again and started another round of inappropriate dancing (funky chicken style, maybe?), thinking they'd won. Pretty sure he got booed for doing so. People may have even thrown stuff at him.

The things that occur in this paragraph (but just this one; the rest happened afterwards) were sort of interspersed with the previous two paragraphs, for some reason. I was also dreaming about the Super Bowl (pretty sure it was Pats-Eagles... even in my dreams I'm not unrealistic enough to put the Chiefs in there), but not only in a peripheral way. They showed some Eagles fans wearing some silly hats with the Super Bowl logo superimposed in front of them, and then what I was watching switched to two European soccer players (at least, I know one of them, the "accent" guy -- Vaje Somethingorother, from the Czech Republic or Bulgaria or something like that, but he spoke good English -- played soccer; the other was English and kind of reminded me of Grub Smith in retrospect) hosting a big Super Bowl party by a pier next to the ocean or a big like.

Grubalike and Vaje ended up going out on a boat that night, and the next morning (might have been the next morning, I dunno), after somehow switching to a smaller boat that had a TV in it (the one they were previously in was a nice, big one; not a yacht, I don't think, but big enough to have plenty of space), they caught a marlin, somehow very close to the beach (just past wading depth). They were fighting to pull it into the boat, and finally did. I never once saw them try to fish, though, just the "after" of them dragging a marlin into an altogether too small boat to hold it.

Then cut to the Grub lookalike either standing somewhere and talking about something or posting a thread on some forum (gray background, black text... may have been vBulletin, or at least phpBB) about marriages or marital status, with several people responding to it. Last thing I remember seeing is the view of looking down from the top of a long, spiraling staircase (really more of a rampway, can't remember seeing steps).

Fried Meat Ball!
03-05-2005, 04:44 AM
It probably is Freudian about how you never actively tried to make it with your mom... or something. Like I said, Freudian. Or it could be a dream about how you "want to play for both teams."

Seriously, it probably is more likely something like low self-esteem, where you don't feel you're important enough to be in your own dream.

Pants
03-05-2005, 04:45 AM
That's well f*cked up, Psicosis. I've never had a dream where I'm just watching it. I'm sure it's "normal" though.

mikey23545
03-05-2005, 05:23 AM
Well, after checking my "Interpreting Dreams" handbook, this confirms a lot of things I've always suspected about you....

When did you first realize you were....different?

Ultra Peanut
03-05-2005, 09:36 AM
Ever since I can remember...

keg in kc
03-05-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm too out of it to read all that, but I've been having the most f*cked up dreams lately. Weird enough that I remember having dreams (I almost never do), but these lately...crazy shit.

Skip Towne
03-05-2005, 10:20 AM
More Psicosis drivel.

Calcountry
03-05-2005, 10:21 AM
The wierdest dreams that I have are when I feel as if I am awake and can look arround the room, when I am still asleep.

chiefs4me
03-05-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm too out of it to read all that, but I've been having the most f*cked up dreams lately. Weird enough that I remember having dreams (I almost never do), but these lately...crazy shit.

And why are we to out of it this am, Mr Keg? :hmmm:....ROFL

Pants
03-05-2005, 02:36 PM

I've had 2 dreams which completely freaked me out last week. First tme ever I had dreams like that. Like weird corpses walking around and demonic/satanic shit. I seriously had to pray to feel better when I woke up. I don't know WTF that was...

Jenny Gump
03-05-2005, 02:46 PM
I've had 2 dreams which completely freaked me out last week. First tme ever I had dreams like that. Like weird corpses walking around and demonic/satanic shit. I seriously had to pray to feel better when I woke up. I don't know WTF that was...

You think THAT's bad...I had a dream about Vinny Testaverde. Talk about freaked out.

Pants
03-05-2005, 02:55 PM
You think THAT's bad...I had a dream about Vinny Testaverde. Talk about freaked out.

rofl, yah, I'd have to seek therapy if that ever happened to me...

keg in kc
03-05-2005, 03:31 PM
And why are we to out of it this am, Mr Keg? The boring truth is that I spent the last week flip-flopping my sleep schedule so I'm not up all night any more, and that wreaks havok on my psyche. I also re-booted my exercise regime this week, so I'm as wrecked physically as I am psychologically. I actually slept 10 hours last night and could barely get myself up today. End result: weird dreams and groggy mornings.

Now if I say I'm out of it tomorrow, it's probably because I'm about to spend the next six or seven hours getting shitfaced.