PDA

View Full Version : What is the worse approach to free agency?

ILChief
03-05-2005, 06:22 AM
last year's or this year's?

Mr. Kotter
03-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Sadly, this post may become more relevant as the day goes on. :banghead:

BigVE
03-05-2005, 09:20 AM
Considering we are only about 4 days into THIS years signing period its a bit too early to choose.

Mr. Kotter
03-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Considering we are only about 4 days into THIS years signing period its a bit too early to choose.

After Sunday, all that will be left....are the equivalent of has-beens, never-will-bes, and to-much-jack-for-the-smack types.

BigVE
03-05-2005, 09:25 AM
After Sunday, all that will be left....are the equivalent of has-beens, never-will-bes, and to-much-jack-for-the-smack types.

OK then, I will wait till after Sunday to respond. (trying hard to be optimistic)

Gaz
03-05-2005, 09:28 AM
The worst?

Paying ÜberMegaBucks to a “supahstah” CB, only to have the NFL neuter him.

Champ Bailey.

Heh.

xoxo~
Gaz
Never gets tired of enjoying that situation.

foxman
03-05-2005, 09:30 AM
The worst? Trading 2 first rounders for a restricted free agent that is a bust after he signs a huge contract.

Oh, you meant one we've done?? Last year until we do something this year.

patteeu
03-05-2005, 09:36 AM
This poll is dumb. Rain Man makes it look easy, but I guess it's harder than it looks.

Shox
03-05-2005, 09:38 AM
This is insane. Your plan is to go after the big names, but you don't have the money ready to go get them.

My understanding we are in the process of redoing Green, Holmes, Gonzo etal deals to free up some cap. While your trying to get your money figured out your targets are still looking at other teams. The next tier of quality players are busy signing deals so your plan B is down the drain.

If you are going to go after these kind of players you should have the money already available and slotted. The bottom line is Carl is so arrogant he thinks he will get them to take less money for the privilege of playing for the Chiefs. He is very lucky Rolle and Gunther have such a good relationship or I'm sure Rolle would be signing with someone else by now.

CARL PETERSON NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still hopeful this can get done in spite of Carl Peterson.

PHOG
03-05-2005, 09:48 AM
This is insane. Your plan is to go after the big names, but you don't have the money ready to go get them.

My understanding we are in the process of redoing Green, Holmes, Gonzo etal deals to free up some cap. While your trying to get your money figured out your targets are still looking at other teams. The next tier of quality players are busy signing deals so your plan B is down the drain.

If you are going to go after these kind of players you should have the money already available and slotted. The bottom line is Carl is so arrogant he thinks he will get them to take less money for the privilege of playing for the Chiefs. He is very lucky Rolle and Gunther have such a good relationship or I'm sure Rolle would be signing with someone else by now.

CARL PETERSON NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still hopeful this can get done in spite of Carl Peterson.

Possibly,(just possibly) they're redoing those contracts for Law? :shrug:

How would that look, Rolle and Law with DUIfield as Safety/5back? :drool:

Shox
03-05-2005, 09:53 AM
Possibly,(just possibly) they're redoing those contracts for Law? :shrug:

How would that look, Rolle and Law with DUIfield as Safety/5back? :drool:

That would not be bad at all. But that is not enough even if we get a impact player in the 1st round.

Rolle and Hartwell are the keys. Law, Smith, Sammy Knight etc would all be improvements, but w/o a shut down corner and a leader at MLB I don't think the rest will matter. We get these two and we have a legit shot at a SB, we don't I will be a another nice season which ends in disappointment.l

PHOG
03-05-2005, 09:59 AM

If you are going to go after these kind of players you should have the money already available and slotted. The bottom line is Carl is so arrogant he thinks he will get them to take less money for the privilege of playing for the Chiefs. ....

Sounds like they made a substantial offer to Trotter, considerably more than what he settled for. :hmmm:

Gaz
03-05-2005, 10:16 AM
Sounds like they made a substantial offer to Trotter, considerably more than what he settled for. :hmmm:

Don’t confuse the poor lad with irrelevant facts.

xoxo~
Gaz
Seen this before.

Wallcrawler
03-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Simply put, the worst approach to free agency is the Carl Peterson Approach.

Period.

milkman
03-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Simply put, the worst approach to free agency is the Carl Peterson Approach.

Period.

On this, we are in total agreement.

Nightfyre
03-05-2005, 06:46 PM
How is this year different from last year? We didnt sign anyone either year...